It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Realm (See Map of Realm. First Post) 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Welcome to my new roleplay, Realm. The weaponry used is similar to that of Legend of Zelda games, mainly swords, bow and arrows, axes, etc. I hope you enjoy it and give it a shot, but of course, there are some rules...

Check this thread too for rules

:arrow: You must have 100 posts to join this RP and be a frequent poster who will be able to keep up with this RP
:arrow: Use complete sentences, proper english and grammar, etc.
:arrow: 3 sentence MINIMUM for a reply
:arrow: The way this Roleplay works, someone may have to "GodMod" or control another player's actions momentarily. If your player needs to be godmodded, give permission in your post, and what his/her action would be.
:arrow: Be reasonable. For example, if you are a player brand new to the game, you would not be able to defeat one of the top ranked players.
:arrow: Don't have perfect things happen to your character everytime. Mix it up a little.
:arrow: Use common sense.

Okay, here's some Roleplay Info...

Welcome to Realm! The newest online game that allows you to create and control your own characters on adventures through the digital world, simply known as Realm.

With your character, you can challenge others to fights, and set the stakes, whether it be for money, items, or glory. However, if you are killed, you cannot log back into the game for 24 hours. Another option that is rarely used is to challenge another player to a Death Match, meaning that whoever is defeated is permanently banned from the game.

This game was once controled by a group known as Moderators, who went around in the game and made sure that the rules were followed and order was upheld. These moderators were the most powerful of all the players in Realm and had the power to ban users from the game. In all of the various cities, towns, and villages in Realm, one moderator was put in charge of each.

However, one player, who goes by Raznor, became incredibly powerful. He raised an army, and he overthrew the moderators, defeating every last one of them in a Death Match, despite their endless power supply. He assigned a General of his army to each town/city/village, and they still rule all of Realm. Anyone who acted against the Regime, or Raznor's rule, would be punished severely.

Along with Raznor, there was another player just as powerful. His name was Aurorus. He did not support Raznor's actions, and challenged him to a Death Match. After a fight that lasted for hours, Aurorus was finally defeated by Raznor. Usually when a player loses a death match, there name is removed from the gamer list. However, Aurorus's name was never cleared from the system.

The truth is, do to a glitch, Aurorus survived... partially. He came out of the fight severly damaged. His data was all corrupted, and much of his power was lost. He only had one leg and an upper body with arms and a head. Aurorus could not show himself in public, as he was wanted by the Regime.

In secret, Aurorus built an armor of his own, known as the Resistance. They have been responsible for many attacks on the Regime, and anyone associated with the Resistance in any way will be punished if caught. Their base is located deep in the southern mountains, unknownst to anyone except their members.

The Resistance, a nuisance though they are, poses little threat to the Regime as they are now. One group that Raznor is actually threatened by is the Zura, or the desert folk.

The Zura was a group of people who openly opposed Raznor, and after a Great War, broke away from the Regime. Their leader, Azurok, wishes to remain neutral and not get caught up in the conflicts of the Regime and the Resistance. They have been dwindling, however, and the Regime still is the greater force.

Now that you know some of your history, here's the game is functioned. As I said before, if killed, you cannot log back into the game for 24 hours. When you are logged back in, you respawn at a random town.

When starting the game for the first time, you start out in a large city called the Trading Post. There you are given 100 Zen (the currency used in the game) to go buy weapons, armor, clothing, and anything else you want to buy. Often times people do not return to the Post after leaving. The weapons sold there are pretty basic.

Now I will go over some of the pre-existing characters in the game...
<center>The Regime

Raznor, Leader

General Beta
General Zeta
General Omega
General Epsilon
General Alpha
General Delta

The Resistance

Aurorus, Head of Resistance

Commander Cain
Commander Suro

Riku, one of Aurorus's greatest followers. Riku is like a son to him. Riku is often sent on solo missions.

The Zura

Azurok, Leader</center>

Here is the appilcation you will use when siging up...

Code:

Name
Appearance
Which side you fight for (either Regime of Resistance. No Zura)

Here's mine...

Code:

Name: Iesho (I-ee-sho)
Appearance: White long hair, black clothing. Wears cloth over his mouth.
Which side you fight for (either Regime of Resistance. No Zura): Resistance

Everyone will start out as a new player in the Trading Post, and will join a side later.

This roleplay will start after a good number of people have signed up.

Here's the advertising sig...

Code:
[url=http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326414#326414][img]http://i21.tinypic.com/1orouf.png[/img][/url]

And here is a map of Realm...

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Last edited by Eon on Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
I saw the application and promised to join as soon as possible, so here I am!

Name: Recide
Appearance: Brown shirt with blue pants, he saw grey hair and a strong passion for archery.
The side you fights for: The Resistance

Oh, do you mean if we die we can't post for 24 hours?

Edited at bolded!

Last edited by Blazikendude on Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
Eon, I have only one thing to say about this... boo-yah!
Name: Sirog
Appearance: Long blond hair, Green clothing, black belt.
Which side you fight for: Regime

Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:04 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Appearance Short Auburn hair, blue eys Vest Jeans and a small toy knife.
Which side you fight for Resistence

Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Treeckomaster, I'm not taking anyone who is Illiterate or on Probation or anything like that in this Roleplay.

We'll wait for more people to start. Tell your friends!

Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Name: Tripitine
Appearance: Short gray hair, it a shaggy style, about 6'6 and has one green and one red eye,

Last edited by EXP on Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Let me just remind everyone that we all must start as brand new players, so there are no battle scars or anything like that.

Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

so does that mean no scars at all (edited first post)

Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
Let me just remind everyone that we all must start as brand new players, so there are no battle scars or anything like that.
Oh, NOW you tell me. I'll edit that in.

PS: Could you tell us if we were acepted or not? it just gets a little confusing.

Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Everyone has been approved except for Treeckomaster.

The Resistance

-Eon: Iesho
-Blazikendude: Recide

The Regime

-Treeckoluv: Sirog
-EXP: Tripitine

Another thing I should mention is that in huge battles, Regime members will be wearing the Regime armor, which is black and red.

No, BD. You can come back if you die sooner than 24 hours, but don't come right back into the battle where you were killed as soon as you can.

Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:13 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
Appearance: Apparently a young teen with white shoulder-length hair and brown eyes with kunai and a crossbow to shoot them with. She normally wears a white and red robe.
Which side you fight for: Resistance

Last edited by Kawaii Angel on Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Appearance: Though she appears to be twelve, Imogen is far to old to be measured in years. She is a wind pixie with a heavy German accent, and wears bright, simple dresses with strange flamboyant makeup.
Which side you fight for: Neutral, but if not possible, Regime.

Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

There aren't exactly "Wood Pixies" in this RP, Kirke. Just men and women.

And for everyone who is giving themselves weapons already, that's fine, but just know that you will not start the game with them. You will buy them at the Trader's Post.

Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Appearance: Light brown hair, Yellow eyes, msucular
Which side you fight for: Resistance

Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Um, Eon, I think the Resistance is getting to many numbers compared to the Regime. For example, if theres 10 people on the resistance and 6 people on the regime, and someone tries to sign up on the resistance, just tell them they won't be accepted unless they'd join the regime. If you already were doing that, then completly disregard this post.

Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:59 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

the resistance has only 1 member more than the regime, so sitching somebody wouldn't help.

Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kawaii Angel, while I know you don't have 100 posts, I know that you have well over 100 posts in this forum, and that you are capable of being in this RP.

Thunder_dude7, you do not have 100 posts and I do not know you well enough to let you into this RP.

Kirke, you are not approved.

The Resistance

-Eon: Iesho
-Blazikendude: Recide
-Kawaii Angel-: Rinae

The Regime

-Treeckoluv: Sirog
-EXP: Tripitine

Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

the resistance has only 1 member more than the regime, so sitching somebody wouldn't help.

I never said anything about switching. It was just for something Eon can do if one side gets overloaded.

Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay, I think the time is right to give things a little shove. We won't go too much into the story yet, but just get us started a little bit.

Here's where the story is currently at....

It is into the 7th year of Raznor's rule over Realm, and the Resistance attacks are becoming fewer and fewer. To make matters worse for the Resistance, word has been spread that a spy has breached them and leaked the whereabouts of their base to the Regime.

Raznor has kept to himself lately, leaving his Army in the hands of General Gorrix, and terribly powerful foe.

Located deep in the Eastern Mountains, the Resistance is in a heightened state of paranoia. They have a plan, however. Located just on the outer reaches of the mountains is the Regime ruled city of Newingfolk, under the command of General Epsilon. The Resistance have plans to take it.

This danger is, however, they will have to use nearly every soldier they have to take it, and if they are caught off guard, or word of their attack leaks, Gorrix could trap them with his massive Army, and their cause would be lost.

However, Raznor has another trick up his sleeve. Raznor, growing tired of the Resistance nonsense, searches in secret for some sort of weapon. An ancient tool that was hidden somewhere in Realm by the Programmers. With this "weapon", Raznor would be able to destroy all who oppose him, even wiping out the Zura. **I will reveal what the weapon is at a later time.

Now to start my journey...

The screen was black, with a small loading symbol in the bottom right hand corner. With one flash, the screen became a world, and he was in control of a shaggy, white haired man he called Iesho.

Iesho was standing on a glowing square in the back of a long, rectangular room lined with pillar reaching thiry feet into the air. In front of him stood two soldiers, both wearing Red and Black.

"Welcome to Realm!" said one of them, "King Raznor bids you welcome."

"Raznor?" asked Iesho.

"The mighty King of Realm," said the other, "He will do you no harm if you do none to him."

"Now," the other continued, "You are currently in the Trading Post, a town full of merchants wishing to sell you goods. Here is 100 Zen."

The soldier handed Iesho the gold coins.

"Use these to buy yourself a weapon, some clothes, and any other goods you find. Once you are ready to leave, talk to the Gate Keeper."

With that, the pushed Iesho out of the room and into the bright sunlight. He did as he was instructed and began to scan the various merchant stands.

Soon he had purchased a set of all black clothing, two battles of healing potion, but he still lacked a weapon, and had 40 Zen left.

He continued to walk, and came across a dark alley, with an almost ominous feel to it. He began to walk down it.

About 40 yards into the alley, he found a lone merchant, dressed in a black hood.

"Been a long time since anybody has found me," said the man, "So what do you need?"

"I need a sword," said Iesho.

"Well you came to the right place," said the man, "Long ago, I traveled all across Realm, collected rare swords and weapons that the Programmers left behind. However, I only have on left."

From under his cloak he pulled a bright, golden sword marked with blue lines and runes.

"This belonged to the Moderator Verdius. Most of its magic has left, but it will suffice as an extraordinary sword."

"How much?" asked Iesho.

"I can feel that this sword wants you," said the man, "Take it free."

"Thank you, good man," said Iesho. With that, Iesho stepped back into the sunlight, looking to make some allies before traveling to wherever his next destination would be.

(( I don't want to be too picky, but no one go past the Trading Post quite yet. A remember, no one has any idea about the Resistance yet.))

Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.

Name- Bane
Appearance-Young face, gray hair, brown shirt, white whool pants
Which side you fight for-Resistance

Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:15 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.

I impatiently tapped my keyboard as my black screen stayed black with a small loading sign. As I sighed, the monitor turned colorful, and I smiled, and began to type furiously.

((LATER))

Rinae walked to the clothing shop and other stores first. She purchased a fighting-style robe that was white and red. She loved the color white, for reasons unknown. As well as red, seeing as she had redish brown eyes and white hair. She left to go to the weapon store, and looked around.
RINAE POV
I looked around the store. I had used the money currency here carefully, looking forward to save some even after purchasing a weapon. I was deciding on a tool for combat and for distances, using the smart way to combine the forces with my agile body. I was more speedy then strong, and because of that, I took the appearance of a young teen, instead of even reaching 18 years old. However, my age was the same as my creator's, and faster was better in my opinion, so it was no biggie. I smiled as my eyes fell upon a large pack of kunai, which was perfect for combat. I pointed to it and to the shopkeeper watching me, and she seemed to understand, and let me purchase it. She then offered me a crossbow to go with the kunai for an extra 10 'money'. I agreed and bought it.
I didn't say anything to her, even as I walked out for one main reason, followed by a few little ones:
I couldn't speak well, if at all.
When I could speak, it was in my own language, no matter how much I understood and tried to speak in the others' languages.
Also, why be able to speak when you can enjoy the nature that was plentiful in this region?

Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

(( Okay we're gonna need some more Regime members ))

Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It seems you are in need of some Regime members. Yes, I know I only have 69 post. But I thought possibly you might let me in?

Name: Seth
Appearance: Olive green hair, slim slightly muscular body, and yellow eyes

^_^

Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I repeatively spun in circles on my chair, waiting for bit to finish loading. After a bit the screen flashed and the game started.

Recide quickly looked around at his surroundings, he then saw two guards looking at him. After a short conversation they handed him 100 zen and he then walked away mumbling.

"A king? Sounds like this isn't exactly the most free game there ever was!" A man dressed in black was hiding behind building and overheard him. "You, there!" A feeling of dread overshadowed Recide. "I heard what you mumbled... Please, follow me."

Even with terror inside of him, Recide followed him behind an alley. "What you said is right, Raznor isn't how the guards picture him, he is heartless and is the reason moderators do not exist anymore. He has ruled over Realm for seven years. He has ruined the biggest pleasures of this game for his own gain. I have to leave before I'm spotted, but I belong to the Risistance, a group who are fighting against him, I've been sent to recruit new players and give them armor. But will you help us?" Recide gulped.

"Yes..." The man handed him a bow made of the hardest known wood; a Rotree Bow. He then gave him some Chainmail and other archery suplies.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:52 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I waited patiently for 5 minutes, staring at a loading screen.
"Work you stupid thing!" I shouted, kicking the computer. It made a wierd buzzing sound, and then the game loaded.
"Here we go!" I said, sitting on my chair and began typing my password.

After talking with the guards, Sirog went out to buy some clothing and weapons.
His first stop, the clothing store. He examined everything they had, but what caught his eye was a uniform of black leather and black belt.
"Ah, yes. One of our finest items. Tell you what, since your a new player, I'll give it to you for a bargain of 100 zen, deal?" asked the shop-owner. Sirog sighed, but he took it anyway.

While he started to leave, a man with a red and black handeled sword with a black jewel incrusted in the middle walk by. He also noticed the steel was black.
"Excuse me, but what is that sword called?" asked Sirog.
"It's called Dilar. I found it on the ground, but I have no use for it. Want it?" he asked.
"Sure," he said, taking the sword. "does it have Dark powers?"
"Erm, well, it use too, but it can be recharged at the Dark Temple. But it takes years of training to survive the threats of the temple! Oh, and join the Regime. I'm off!" said the man, running away.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next