It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Ghett0's work(He only makes sigs) 
Fails at life
Fails at life

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2488 ... sigya0.png

That is my only one, but, I'll have more soon.

Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:48 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i'd give it a 9/10
i cant think why though :?

Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

1. The render doesn't blend in with the background at all.
2. Nice text, but it doesn't work with the background. Speaking of that:
3. It doesn't give any flow to the sig at all.
3/10

Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmmm... I have to agree with Dark Scyther on this one.

1) The render doesn't blend in at all. In fact, the background was poorly removed.
2) Background is sloppy.
3) The text is too overpowering. Keep the text small and simple.

2/10

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:02 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

I can't blend it. My version of PS just WON'T let me. I can't change the hue at all.

Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:46 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:33 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I use Adobe PHotoshop CS3 Extended.

Did you download it for free? Cause one of my friends showed me on AIM where you could download PhotoshopCS3 for free, and I told her not to, since it might have had a virus. Plus I've never heard of CS3.

If your version is really an official one, then you should be able to take a soft px brush eraser, set it to low opacity, and erase the edges.

The text is the thing that really sets me off. Its bright green, hurts the eyes, and doesn't match the sig at all. Thats my main problem.

Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:32 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Apparently, your sigmaking is as bad as your team-rating.

If your version of Photoshop is that crap, get something else. If you got it free with something, then I fully understand why it sucks so bad.

As for criticism... just start again from the beginning. Read a few tutorials, follow them step-by-step, experiment with styles and by god do not post another sig until your quality is at least as good as this. Seriously, your art is just one step up from Paint sigs.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:48 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: IN THE EMOTIONLESS TRAWLING FERVOR'S OF MY INSANE MIND.
Ok, now to actually give you something constuctive. Try to make sigs too plain instead of too........bright. The colors really don't match....Try to stay on one side of the spectrum for now until you can learn to MAKE them match. Someone MIGHT be able to make those colors work (MIGHT) but not that way.

Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You guys, stop being incredibly mean. Okay, maybe it could be better, but thats not an excuse to say
Quote:
What the hell IS that thing?
or
Quote:

I've noticed everyone on this forum loves making fun of ghett0 (its not hard to see). if your going to say, "oh that SUX", just dont say anything at all. it obviously doesnt benefit anyone, makes ghett0 feel bad, and is just an overall mean thing to do. If you are posting negative and unconstructive feedback because u LIKE making fun of ghett0 or it makes you feel special and better than him, you are obviously an incredibly mean person. Its okay to chuckle at some of his worse movesets (the smeargle-horn drill, guillotine, sheer cold, fissure one was hilarious) because he prolly sucked at pokemon then and was a complete n00b, and prolly laughs at himself for creating it, but its not like a bad sig is "funny". So please, just stop being jerks to getth0. I mean, constructive criticism is okay, like dunsparce offering advice, but as i said b4, dont be jerks about it.

Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You guys, stop being incredibly mean. Okay, maybe it could be better, but thats not an excuse to say
Quote:
What the hell IS that thing?
or
Quote:

I've noticed everyone on this forum loves making fun of ghett0 (its not hard to see). if your going to say, "oh that SUX", just dont say anything at all. it obviously doesnt benefit anyone, makes ghett0 feel bad, and is just an overall mean thing to do. If you are posting negative and unconstructive feedback because u LIKE making fun of ghett0 or it makes you feel special and better than him, you are obviously an incredibly mean person. Its okay to chuckle at some of his worse movesets (the smeargle-horn drill, guillotine, sheer cold, fissure one was hilarious) because he prolly sucked at pokemon then and was a complete n00b, and prolly laughs at himself for creating it, but its not like a bad sig is "funny". So please, just stop being jerks to getth0. I mean, constructive criticism is okay, like dunsparce offering advice, but as i said b4, dont be jerks about it.

we sux!

Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Next person to spam in this thread [or personally insult ghett0] will be banned.

By the way, I don't see what's so "horrible" about that signature. It's a good first-try sig.

Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

By the way, I don't see what's so "horrible" about that signature. It's a good first-try sig.

1. Conflicting colours.
2. Badly-cut render.
3. Text is too large/doesn't fit with the rest of the sig.
4. The only "effect" that's been done to the render is that the transparency has been reduced a tiny bit.
5. While it's more a matter of taste, the writing is annoying and doesn't go well with the render.
6. The background doesn't go well with anything. For that matter, it's obviously just cut-and-pasted.

Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:36 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Techically, it could indeed be better, but if you consider it's his first sig, it's quite good that he could at least arrange the position of each element in the sig and set different focal points.

You'll need to keep trying though mate. Your sig lacks flow and depth which don't get people much attracted to it.
Here's a piece of advise: Brush your background. Using brushes to make a background usually works pretty well on people new to photoshop, and you'll start to get a basic sense of flow, which will help you in future designs. Try downloading some grounge or sparkle brush packs from deviantart.

Also, about the render. If you cut Garchomp off some wallpaper/image/whatsoever, try using the Extract tool (Filters -> Extract). It's really simple (just requires some patience!) and even if you're not able to work perfectly with it, the edges of the cutted render will come anti-aliased, so it'll kinda blend with whatever you're gonna past the render into. If you got your render out of some white background, use the Magic Eraser Tool, just add a bit to the tolerance and erase the background. Usually works great with pokemon images.

About the font, don't please make it so big! If you're objective was to focus the sig on Garchomp, than you failed 'cause that huge font is kinda like taking away the attention of it. Instead, try using neutral colors (black or white) and reduce the size of it significantly. Also, and this is more like a personal advice, try using certain kinds of fonts for certain kinds of sigs. You're font looks kinda medieval, I don't know, it just seems outta place, maybe a pixelated or simpler font would work better.

Another thing. Try duplicating various times your main render (which would be Garchomp in this case) and work differently in each of them. You can enlarge one of them and set a different layer mode/blur it/whatever else, you can smudge it and put it to linear dodge to give a cool effect behind the main render, I don't know, there's just so many things you can try, you'll probably take a long time to find out them all, but if you don't give up and keep always making more sigs, you'll get better in no time ^^

Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:21 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

And with the brushes... do you mean like in my sig?

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:53 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That's much better! The render is well cut, colors match, there's a light source defined. Font could still be better, though it's a great improvement that you got to realize that it looks much better small.
Next time, try placing your lightning source near your render (e.g. near Charizard's head).
It's quite original too (though I'm not heavily attracted by that white box but I know that you tried to make it sound like when you order your pokemon to move in the DS ^^).
And what I mean by brushing your background, I mean that you should grab your Brush tool, choose one of the sparkle/grounge brush packs you downloaded from the list and just use them on your sig.
One other thing, you should start using borders on your sigs, it makes them so much better and it's so easy to add them!
Keep it up!

Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:18 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

I took what you said into consideration, and made another sig. I think that particular sig looks better without the border, though.[/img]

Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:40 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

good. I personally agree with you that it looks better without the border. The brush strokes in the wings seem kinda jerky, but overall 9/10

Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

great improvement ghett0! I really like your second charizard sig. Also, because your signature is an ad for your shop (like mine :D ) you should make it link to your shop, so that when you press the image it opens a window in your shop. To do that:

Code:
[url=SHOPADDRESS]IMAGECODE[/url]

Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You're obviously getting better ^^! If you compare your first sig with that one you just made, you can see some improvements =)
Keep doing more and more until the flow is perfect. Also, for that kind of signatures that the render goes out of it, borders aren't a good idea.

Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:03 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Why don't you put your other works right there on the first post :?:

<center>10.1/10^</center>

Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:51 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

It's much easier to just be able to go to the newest signature instead of searching through a whole list.

Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]