It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:00 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 physical/special attacks question 
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I have a few questions about whether some attacks are special or physical.... The techdex says that thunder/fir/ice punch are physical, but I can mirror coat all of them , and shadow ball can be countered, although the site says its a special attack. Did attacks change their type of damage from RSE-DP, and if so, does the Techdex only show the type of damage for DP.... If that is the case where can I find the types of damage for attacks for RSE?

One quick one though, is shadow ball a physical or a special type attack in emerald, because I dont know what nature to give my Duskull (dusclops)

Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:58 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

The damage type column only applies for DP. For RSE and all games before that, a move is classified as physical or special based on its type. For instance, Thunderpunch, being an Electric move, would be a Special Attack instead. Going by the same theory, Shadow Ball would be a Physical Attack in Emerald.

There isn't a separate Techdex entry for moves as most people would know whether a certain type is Special or Physical. The attack type is only necessary for DP where attack types are rather ambiguous and are based on the move's description rather than type.

Does that answer your queries?

Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:52 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

http://psypokes.com/dex/trainersguide.php#stab

That shows which types are physical and which are special.

Also, if you look to the RSE/FrLG section of the learnsets, you'll notice a lack of "attack type" column. So, yeah

Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:30 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I thought the type of the move was logical, like the way it is in DP, for all versions, but I guess all moves of the same type do the same kind of damage

thanks again

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:33 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]