It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Kanto Chaos 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
"What?!" Derek jumped of and rushed out of the lab.

To his horror, all the buildings were set a-blaze, but nobody seemed to exist.
"What... happened?"

Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
After hearing it, Riolu went crazy and ran outside. "Riolu! Get back here!"
shouted Patrick, following him outside. Riolu stopped as a piece of burning debris crashed in front of him. "What in the blazes?" said Patrick, returning Riolu to his pokeball. he went back next to Spence. "Do you have any idea what the heck is going on?!" asked Patrick.

Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:04 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

OOC: I owe you an apology Charly, you specifically requested that people who joined this RP remained active, and I was not. I was out of the country for two weeks (hence having Jacob run off in search of Krabby, rather than staying and holding everyone up), and I'm sorry for going against your set out rules; but I'm here to stay now I'll get thoroughly involved with the RP.

IC:
Jacob glanced around, anxiety rising steadily as he realised that he was awake and had not simply hit his head as he searched for his wayward Krabby. His right hand snapped to his waist quicker than the eye could see; all three poké balls were secured on his belt, Pokémon safely inside.

Everything was dark, and misty. The fog was somehow... bad. It permeated a malice that shook Jacob to the very core. Route 101 was not a busy place, the odd rookie trainer; but it was a bright and sunny day; Pokémon should be flitting about in the grass and in the forest nearby as they had done so earlier when he first arrived in Pallet Town.

"Pallet Town!" he shouted out loud, he could see the slight glow of flames on the horizon, but little more thanks to the thick smog. He turned and ran to the lab, hoping his fellow trainers were safe.

After ten minutes of non-stop sprinting, fueled by adrenaline he arrived, gasping at the lab. The silence was disorientating; the once sleepy and peacful village was now devastated, but with no-one to be seen or heard. The heat was equally over-whelming, but he paid it no mind; there were obviously something beyond his understanding afoot.

He burst through the doors and ran quickly to the room he had darted out of earlier.

He stopped in his tracks, looking at Spence for a few seconds. He didn't even know the guy; but he was inexplicably different. Jacob didn't know how to put it... he looked... brighter...? Yeah. That was it. Brighter. What a strange thing to think. He came back to reality with a jolt:

"Is everyone okay? Have you seen what's going on outside? Does anyone have a plan?" He sounded calm, but really he was scared. "Was this an accident or is someone behind it? Shouldn't we go and help people, if we can find them?" He spouted it all out, his voice getting sharper and angrier with every question asked. His arrogant side had come out, no doubt some pointless act of bravado would claim his life or get someone else hurt...

His right hand twitched slightly, he cracked his knuckles. Under normal circumstances; he would be throwing Torterra's poké ball and fighting his way out of whatever trouble there was and saving the day. But not now, a catastrophe on this scale was not what he was used to, he truly did not know where to begin.

"Does anyone have a plan?" he asked, after a deep sigh.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:29 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Thanks, Kipper. You may have saved this roleplay. :P ))

Spence could only watch in horror as the flames towered the houses around them.

He turned to Patrick, bowing his head in a sigh, "I...I'm not sure," he lifted his head, trying to recollect it all, "There was this guy... He reminded me of myself, back then..." Spence turned his head to face one house, where children had been playing, "But he didn't do this. I woke up from that place...and then everything was like this..."

Spence shook his head, "It was strange. The whole lab froze, and I walked out and everything was quiet, like time halted or something! I dunno..."

Still lost in thought, Spence turned to Jacob. He was also outside when this happened. He wondered if Jacob knew anything he didn't. It didn't seem like it, but in past experiences, you can never be so sure.

"Well," Spence tried to answer Jacob's question as best he could, as calmly as he could, "No one's here, and this place is done for. So, we can't really do anything but move on..." It sounded heartless, but there was really nothing they could do. Those buildings were all destroyed and beyond repair.

As Spence turned to face the direction of Route 1, something didn't seem right. He took a step, but a presence of some kind stopped him. Then, right before him, from the shadows, black creatures with antenna and glowing yellow eyes appeared surrounding him, more than ten of them.

Spence glared darting around as they readied an attack, "What...are these things?! Pokemon? No, they can't be..."

Spence turned quickly to the others with great terror in his expression, "JUST RUN!" he cried as the black things jumped and consumed him in this darkness until there was nothing left of Spence but this black hole surrounded by those monsters.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:39 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

AJ, with his backpack on his back and his three pokeballs on his belt, took off as fast as he good. It was a good thing AJ was fast, too, because he wasn't brave either. He could've called out one of his pokemon to fight off the creatures. But he was scared for them, too.

What happened to the worst thing about pokemon journey being poison types? Aah!

AJ sprinted for his life, sweating out of fear, trying as hard as he could to pick up the pace. He didn't think about whether he could make it or not. Just whether him and his pokemon would get out alive. And then a shadow creature appeared in front of him.

"Dark...rai...'s minions?" Before he had time to utter one more word, Marcus popped out of his pokeball, prepared for battle, AJ's heart racing and his body shivering cold.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: "We come all the way from the far country China, and we born you here just in America."
Lappy slung her sack over her shoulder and waited for Raichu to climb on her back before she ran outside. The town seemed terror-stricken; it seemed suddenly uninhabited by humans. The buildings had all been destroyed; even the sky, once clear blue, had turned dark. "What the..."

Her first instinct was to run. Fear had taken control of her senses. Nothing she had seen in her life could compare to what was happening at the moment. However, she could not muster the strength to run, and stood there, cold and afraid.

It was then that she saw the black creatures. They seemed to have appeared out of thin air. She glanced around, noticed one boy from the lab confronted with one of the black creatures, wondered if she should help him and then his pokemon came out to defend him--- "Wait a sec, where's that kid who ran outside, whatever his name was...the kid with the sword.... Spence, yeah yeah yeah..."Lappy mumbled to herself, looking around. She then saw a huge mass of the black creatures nearby. There was a hand sticking out of the pile. Whatever or whoever it was, Lappy decided to help. She ran over to the pile, wrenching the black creatures away, and grabbed the hand. She started to pull.

"Stealing is not excusable, for instance, you are in a museum and you decide that a certain painting would look better in your house, and you simply grab the painting and take it there. But if you were very, very hungry, and you had no way of obtaining money, it might be excusable to grab the painting, take it to your house, and eat it."

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:12 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

For that very moment, there was only blackness. His heart felt as if it was being eaten away. But then, from the darkness, there shined a light.

After a bright flash, Spence stood with Lappy holding hands, the creatures had vanished. He let go, mouthing the words thank you as he smiled at Lappy.

But it wasn't over. More soulless-like creatures appeared around them. Spence backed over towards Lappy to protect her, "We can't run...but maybe fight!" he said, reaching for his blade, he pulled it out.

Spence took swings at the beasts, only to have it go straight through them. He was knocked back as one slashed at him. "Damn..."

Suddenly, the sword in Spence's hand glowed, and as a flash followed, Spence was left with similar but different blade. The sword's handling was changed with a keychain dangling from its end, and the blade itself had changed to a key-like appearance.

Keyblade...

"Huh, that voice... Keyblade...?" the same voice from before echoed in his mind.

Spence shook his head, glaring at his enemies as he gripped his new and improved Keyblade. "Take this!" he slashed at the closest shadow. The monster was then hit and exploded into darkness, appearing weaker than earlier before. "Yes!" Spence cheered.

Spence called over the others, "Guys, attack these things with your pokemon! This Keyblade-thing weakened them somehow!"

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ignoring Spence's instruction to run, Kipper went for Torterra's poké ball.

"Toooooooooorrrrrrrterra!" he proudly announced his presence, stamping the ground, causing a rumble. After his showboating, he moved his head around, clearly upset by the apparent devastation around him.

With a bemused "Tor?" and a tilted head towards Jacob, Torterra conveyed everything Jacob had hurriedly asked the other trainers earlier in one syllable.

"No time big guy; explain later." He replied simply. With a determined scowl, Jacob turns on his battle personality, wanting nothing but the victory and for his oldest friend to come out unscathed. "Charge a Solarbeam and blast that black stuff. If they are dark creatures, maybe a little light will get rid of them." Jacob commanded.

Torterra looked at Jacob like he was an idiot.

"Ah, right. No sunlight. My bad."

Suddenly Spence, who had just been rescued by Lappy, called out something about a Keyblade and gave the signal to attack.

"Alright then, sounds good!" He shouted back to Spence as he climbed onto Toterra's shell. "Torterra, get tore in with your Razor Leaf!"

Torterra began firing Razor Leaf attacks at the creatures, each one shattered into a million shadows after one leaf pierced their... skin, or whatever it was.

Jacob looked around at the others, "HEY, DOES ANYONE HAVE A POKéMON WITH SUNNY DAY? TORTERRA'S SOLARBEAM COULD BLAST THEM ALL INTO THE NEXT CENTURY IF WE HAD THE SUNLIGHT TO DO IT!" he shouted over the noise of Torterra's earth-rumbling stomping and grunting.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: "We come all the way from the far country China, and we born you here just in America."
The moment Spence had emerged from the darkness, the black creatures originally surrounding him had disappeared in a flash of light. She had stood there, holding hands with him, then more black creatures had appeared.

He'd tried to protect her, pulling out his huge sword. He had not been able to hit the black creatures with the sword, and then..

Another flash of light. The sword had changed into a blade shaped like a key, a "keyblade", ironically...

"Attack", he'd said somewhere in the jumble of words following the weakening of the monsters. For the first time in her journey, Lappy grinned. It was time to fight. She looked at Raichu, who had been watching the whole thing on her left shoulder. He grinned back at her, a toothy grin. "Let's go, Raichu.."Lilly mumbled softly, so that only Raichu would hear. In response, Raichu hopped off her shoulder and let out a huge electric blast, destroying a number of the black creatures.

"Stealing is not excusable, for instance, you are in a museum and you decide that a certain painting would look better in your house, and you simply grab the painting and take it there. But if you were very, very hungry, and you had no way of obtaining money, it might be excusable to grab the painting, take it to your house, and eat it."

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:28 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

After jumping from attacking yet another monster, Spence got back-to-back with the girl Lappy, "This is crazy! I mean, you called me someone else before, and then all this happens, and then you save me!" he slashed at one throwing itself at him, "So, this Isaac, who is he, a friend of yours!"

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lappy winced from being attacked by a black creature, only to be destroyed by yet another Thunderbolt from her Raichu. She glanced sideways at Spence, the boy who had triggered something in her, a fragment of her past, she was sure, but had also caused a strange chain of events. "You... I don't know why I saved you, I didn't think I would.... I just did, I guess..."Lilly stumbled over her words, unsure of what to say. She didn't know much about the situation either, and tried to piece together whatever she knew. "...Issac..? I don't know who he is, it's kinda wierd, but, uh... when I saw you, I blanked out and saw this guy, Issac... I think I've known him before, but I don't remember anything..."

Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:31 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spence kicked one shadow back into another and took out two in one go. The area was clear, but only for now.

He turned to Lappy, "Well, that doesn't make much sense...but something in you saved me from that darkness, so thank you!" he smiled really big.

Spence didn't realise it, but he was actually happier being by her side. Something about her was very mysterious. Spence could strangely feel something missing inside of her, it was really weird. It was kinda like Spence knew her personally before, but had forgotten everything. The feeling Spence was experiencing now was like he was forgotten. It didn't add up. These feelings only came after Spence met that guy from earlier. Were they somehow connected?

Suddenly, Spence's smile faded into a frown. Without noticing, a single tear went passed his cheek. He felt it, and turned around quickly to wipe it with his sleave, "Geez, what's wrong with me today..." he mumbled.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Being the chicken that she was, Amy didn't dare step that far out into the town toi fight the monsters. She was crouched down, leaning against the side of the lab. Crying and muttering to herself, she let out her Vaporeon who stood in front of her in a defensive stance, bearing her teeth.

"Hush Violet! We don't want them to see or hear us!" she said through clenched teeth.

She finally got enough strength to stand up and approach the scene. Seeing her other friends fighting ruthlessly made her proud. She admired them and how they fought. She slipped Violet back into her ball and took a step forward.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lappy smiled weakly. Spence had taken out the last of the black creatures, clearing a path for them. A tear had fallen out of his eye for some strange reason. Lappy then felt a strange surge of emotion inside of her body. She felt hollow inside, as if someone had ripped out part of her soul and left her standing there, with a shocked expression on her face.

She would have fallen to the ground if Raichu had not run up to her, poked her, stared into her eyes with his beady-black ones. Lappy took a deep breath and bent down to let Raichu on her back. She stood up, her eyes blank for a few seconds. Turning to Spence, she said,"Nnnnh... what're we going to do now, Spence?"

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:18 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spence turned back around to face Lappy, "Well...we have to find all those people that disappeared. Maybe they took shelter in the next town."

"Excellent answer."

"Huh?" Spence darted around, "Her voice, didn't you hear it too?" he asked Lappy and the others.

Suddenly, the smoke above them parted and formed a dark hole, and from it appeared Professor Crystal, floating in mid-air. But her purple hair was out this time, and she was wearing the same black outfit that guy was wearing, just like that platform in Spence's dream.

"Spence, trainers, welcome to the other side," she pulled off a wicked smile as she presented the dark sky above her.

((Time to get some answers, so ask Crystal anything you want.))

Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:47 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

I am probably too late but I just wanted to do this anyways...

Profile:
Name: Damien
Profession: Pokemon Trainer

Appearance:
Body type: Normal height, some muscle
Hair and eye colors: Thin dark hair, brown eyes
Face type: Matured
Other physical features: None
Clothing style: White/Red NY Fitted Cap, Grey Hoodie, White Tee, Grey jeans, training gloves, White sneakers
Speech style: Cocky

Personality:
General demeanour: Arrogant but intelligent
Best qualities: Experienced, Relaxed
Worst qualities: First to over react

Background:
Parents: Mother
Siblings: Little Brother back in Celedon City
Hometown: Johto
Childhood history: Damien basically raised himself growing up. His father died when he was younger and his mother was never around working double shifts to support him and pay the bills. He was always outside starting trouble. Only found one person he can trust which was his girlfriend Myra. She later moved to Sinnoh on account of her family.
Recent history: Recently he has taken an interest to Pokemon. He likes that he has the power to control such creatures but at the same time shares a bond with them as well. He likes to be in control and demand but wants to share a friendship with his pokemon as well.
Plans for the future: Unsure

Pokemon team:
{dragonite}, Male: Last memory from his father, his prized dratini. he grew over the years just chillin with Damien and wandering around. Has some experience in battling but not much. He sure does love to fight though.
{larvitar}, Male: Caught at Mt. Moon. It looked as if it was lost when Damien encountered it, it was also quick to attack. Damien used Dragonite's fire punch to weaken it and then tossed a premier ball and it was caught. It is very proud of it's power and over time grew very fond with Damien and seems to fight well with Dragonite.
{duskull}, Male: After exiting Mt. Moon where Damien unfortunately gained no experience as a trainer. He encountered Duskull playing pranks on locals outside of the Pokemon Tower. Duskull sensed Damien in the presence and tested his strength. Damien used Larvitar to battle it and eventually caught it. Disappointedly found he only knew the move Nightshade but kept it anyways.

{dragonite}{tyranitar}{garchomp}{porygon-z}{kingdra}{dusknoir}

Call Me God Cuz My G is O.D.

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
(Keyblade?! Stupid Kingdom Hearts maniacs!)

Derek clenched Blaziken's Poke Ball and stared at Crystal.
"What are you doing?! And what is this place?!" He realised Blaziken, wispering to him what to do incase of disaster.
"I want answers!"

Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:45 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hopping off of Torterra's back, Jacob stormed up to the inexplicably smug woman, fueled with rage.

"THERE WERE PEOPLE HERE! WHAT THE HELL WAS THIS, SOME KIND OF TEST?! YOU'RE WORSE THAN THOSE MONSTERS IF YOU CONDONE ANY OF THIS!"

"TORTERRA!" the huge Pokémon bellowed in her face, evidently as angry as his trainer.

Jacob took a calming breath and spoke again, "If you don't tell us what's going on and why you brought us here, there will be consequences involving sharp leaves, and probably fire by the looks of that Blaziken." he was quieter this time, but just as stern and angry.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"And a sharp beak with a strong blast of H20" said Amy, trying to add to Jacob's threat. She then released Penny who perched on her left shoulder, and Violet who stood by her side. Amy felt out of her element, not knowing what would happen next. She had never really liked surprises.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:37 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Crystal laughed as she effortlessly threw Jacob back into his own pokemon using some kind of invisible force. She crossed her arms, "Your empty threats are meaningless here," she smiled, "This place is the Realm of Darkness. My powers here are more powerful than all your pokemon combined."

After checking to see if Jacob was alright, Spence stood up to turn back to the Professor, "The Realm of Darkness...?" he asked.

Crystal turned to stare off into the distance, "Your precious Realm of Light has been merged with this one, combining to make one great whole mess," she turned back with a giggle, "You expected me alone to be able to pull this off?"

"Why not?! You did say you changed me before!" Spence blurted out.

Crystal huffed, "Well, that was different," she changed back to the topic at hand, "But...I did bring you here at this particular spot a reason..." she pointed to the lab, "That ice and mist that encased you people in the lab? Spence, you saw. You were outside at the time, were you not?"

Did she know what happened outside? "What...how'd you know tha-" but Spence was interrupted.

"You see..." she closed her eyes, "I knew this was going to happen from the very beginning; the merging of the two worlds. I saw it happened before, in my very own eyes. I have...unique talents," she sighed as she shrugged, "So I bought you all here to protect you from the changes that took place today, so that maybe you could rebuild your realm to it's former glory."

"So you're not a professor at all? That was just a way to get us all here?"

She huffed again, "Actually, I was a Professor," Crystal flicked her hair back, "But yes. In fact, it was one of the best ways to do it, and I needed young people like yourselves. You others who weren't even here to compete are just a bonus. Well, except for you, Spence," she floated down to land on the ground, "You were actually planned to be present, as for your dark friend."

"My...friend...?" he questioned, "Oh, that guy?! Who is he? Tell me!" he demanded.

Crystal frowned to the ground, and then shook her head, "I can't say. But don't stress, you'll find out sooner or later," she took a glimpse at Lappy to then look at the Keyblade still held in Spence's hand, "That's the Keyblade, and like you've already witnessed, it weakens the monsters you fought earlier."

Spence held it up and stared down at the blade, "...Those things, what were they?"

"They're called the Heartless, and that weapon you hold is the only thing that can destroy them. Even with the Keyblade near, sometimes, the pokemon with you won't be able to finish the job. You'll have to learn to use it."

"But, why do I have it?" Spence asked in a whisper.

Crystal suddenly glared, "Because you were the only survivor."

"...What?" Spence shook, the Keyblade vanishing from his hand in a burst of light.

She closed her eyes and spoke calmly once more, "One or more worlds have been connected to this one before, also throughout the merging. So it was, or rather is apparent that you'll being seeing more of these odysseys on your journey...to rebuild your world," she sadly looked down, "Just don't ask me how. Even I don't know the answer to that question..."

Crystal looked back up, "By the way, the people your after, they took refuge in the city north of here, ages ago. You kids better pay them a visit, you know, before something bad happens to them," she smirked.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"What does she mean, before something bad happens to them? I can't possibly imagine anything worse than those monsters but I'm sure there's more in store for us." she said with a worried look.

"Should we get going towards Pewter?" she asked aloud, to anybody who would listen. She quickly returned Penny and Violet to their balls and slipped them in her bag.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:56 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Realm of Darkness, yeah yeah yeah..."Lappy mumbled to herself, trying to remember all the things stated by Professor Crystal, who was and wasn't a professor.... and had apparently tried to save them, although dragging them into a deep mess.

Lappy stared blankly into space, confused. Things had changed quickly, and they had to take action, as well as look after the residents of Pallet Town. She looked over at the other girl, who had proposed, using Crystal's "suggestion", that they go to Viridian City. "...Yeah, we should probably head to Pewter, I guess..."

Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:46 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Crystal grinned at the two girls, turning to Lappy in a serious manor, "I know your sister, Lappy. She's alive and well. You should go look for her sometime," she turned her back to them as she walked away, "Just look after yourselves, would you."

Stopping just in front of Spence, she frowned, "I'm sorry, child..." she continued walking as the darkness consumed her and finally disappeared.

Spence fell to his knees in disbelief, "...I was the only survivor...? So Chase is really dead... Diseh killed off, too..." he tightened up and punched the ground, "Damn! Why am I alive!? Why couldn't I have died like everybody else I loved! Tell me!!!" he clenched up, tears flowing down his cheeks and raining onto the soil as he punched the ground multiple times over and over again.

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Jacob stood up and brushed off his clothes as he straightened his scarf. "That was a lot to take in..." he thought.

He went to Spence's side, and put a hand on his shoulder. "I know how hard this must be, but you're obviously our guiding light here. There are hundreds of people depending on us pulling together and fighting this evil. But we need you to help us do that. For the first time ever, I am way out of my depth, I need your help as much as the people of Kanto do."

Jacob took a long, wide look at the horizon; there wasn't one. This would be a long an arduous journey. He worried briefly for Cranidos' safety, he really wasn't battle-competent, but Krabby was showing potential.

He shook his head; "Now is not the time to be thinking about battle strategy!" he thought "Get a bit of perspective!" he scolded himself.

"Torterra return, good job big guy." he said as a flash of pinkish red light retracted Torterra into his Poké Ball.

"First things first, any water Pokémon we can use to get these fires out? Any flying Pokémon to go scouting with? I have a Pidgeotto in the PC, I don't suppose there'll be one in that lab? Any volunteers to go find the others?" He said calmly, another string of questions.

He looked down to Spence, "Spence, what do you think?"

Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:03 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spence sighed as he stood up, "I guess you're right..." he wiped his face, still shaken, "I've gotta pull it together...all this crying..." he frowned down.

He turned to Jacob, "I have a Mudkip on me, but..." he looked over at the fallen apart buildings, "I don't think we have the time. The fire seems to be controlled anyway..." he turned his back on the completely demolished households.

He looked up to the dark clouds to sigh, "And not to be nagging or anything, but I don't think it'll be safe to fly anymore..."

Spence looked back to Jacob, "Yeah, let's see what we can find first at the lab, hopefully its computer still works. I think we should all go together on this one..."

Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3