It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Pokemon Stadium, a very good investment 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So now that the original Game Boy games are pretty old and nobody plays them, I'm sure it's not important now, but here's a list of reasons Pokemon Stadium is a good investment, especially since you can pick up the game and a Transfer Pak for cheap:

1..Every time after beating the game you get a free rare pokemon at random to put in your GB game.
....Charmander/Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Kabuto/Omanyte/Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee/Eevee

2..You can store TMs and items on the N64 game and use them on Pokemon in any GB game connected to the N64.

3..You can store even more Pokemon on the N64 game than the GB game.
....Plus if you start a new GB game, you can take the Pokemon off the N64 game straight to your GB game and virtually lose nothing from your old saved file!

4..The Doduo and Dodrio GB.
....Play the GB games on your TV at 2 and 3 times the speed of the GB!

5..The game has a feature that explains every character in depth.
....Level-up moves/TM&HM compatibility/evolution levels and methods/strengths & weaknesses

6..There's a small section of the game that teaches different battle strategies that just might give you the upper hand in a battle.

7..You can view any Pokemon in full 3D and snap pictures of them while they pose for the camera.
...Before "shinies" existed a Pokemon would be a different color than usual based on the nickname. Ever seen a Magnemite with purple and green (instead of red and blue) stripes on its magnets?

Whew! That took a while... Let me know how you liked this post and if I forgot anything important. If I get enough feedback, maybe I'll do another one about Stadium 2 as well.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

You get your electric type that stands up to grounds, not inckuding tradeback ice-punch electabuzz

Psyduck gets amnesia

Trade for alakazam, golem, machamp, gengar for the dex

Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:23 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I HATE the completive part of Pokemon Stadium. I swear, the computer is so unfair. You also forgot the most important thing about Stadium: The mini games. Pretty much the only reason to buy Pokemon Stadium is for the mini games. Other than that, it's pretty crappy. I'll NEVER get Pokemon Battle Revolution because Nintendo stupidly didn't include mini games.

Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:14 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I HATE the completive part of Pokemon Stadium. I swear, the computer is so unfair. You also forgot the most important thing about Stadium: The mini games. Pretty much the only reason to buy Pokemon Stadium is for the mini games. Other than that, it's pretty crappy. I'll NEVER get Pokemon Battle Revolution because Nintendo stupidly didn't include mini games.

How could I have forgotten the mini games? You get to use your own Pokemon in them!

And it's very true that the CPU is a dirty fighter...

Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:07 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I remember getting so frustrated playing against the CPU, but I haven't played Stadium 1 in a while, so maybe it was just 'cuz I stunk. :lol:

As for the mini-games, I actually hate them. A lot. I used to love them, but whenever me and my neighbor play Stadium (1 or 2), all he wants to do is play the stupid mini-games! He never battles with me, and when he does, he does one battle, then back to the stupid mini-games for an hour! I'm glad PBR doesn't have them!

Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:00 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

The mini games were actually MUCH better than the actual battling thing, and really they were the only reason to play Stadium 1 or 2 imo.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, I guess the mini-games were pretty cool, and with the small amount of moves each pokemon could have back then, battling wasn't quite as fun as now, but I just got so sick of the mini-games.

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I loved the mini-games! I was teh champion!! *victory pose* I also kicked butt at battling, but unfortunately the CPU cheated and killed me countless times with a Tentecruel...*mutters things about Tentecruel that aren't meant for children ears* Grr... oh well, even though the CPU cheats, battling is still fun on it

^^^spongedude made this. He is AWESOME!!

Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well maybe I won't make a review of Stadium 2, but I think it's important to know that you can check lots of cool stuff in the "library" such as Egg groups, egg moves, and stat graphs. All for RBY/GSC of course,

And you can get a Mystery Gift every day!

Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:04 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]