It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 I Dream of Life [active and closed to applicants] 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
Megan jumped into the car, and moved into the back seat. There, she shot at the creature's legs. It eventually tripped and stopped. She sighed, and climbed back into the front passenger seat, buckling up. She couldn't stop shaking.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Maybe the radio will help," he looked at her and smiled. He noticed her shaking and attempted to comfort her by saying, "I'll get you through this. I promise. By the way, what's your name?"

Jacob was playing with the knob. He couldn't find a station.

Attention. Creatures have been sighted in California. If you have seen them, DO NOT under any circumstances attempt to make contact. It is still unknown how these creatures choose their prey, so we think it would be safest for everyone to evacuate the area immediately.

The message played again. A loop.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
"Uhh...it's Megan." She said, trying to focus on one thing. She noticed the radio playing in a loop, and fumbled in the center area for a cd. "What's yours?" She asked, and then said, "Do you like Switchfoot?" She held the cd.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Uh... yeah. The name's Jacob, and i'm 15." They continued speeding down the highway until he got to the next gas station. "This time you fill up the gas, i'll go inside."

Jacob walked inside, handgun at the ready. He heard a gunshot from behind the counter and then a man yelling, Stay back you d@mn animals!

"Calm down! I'm just a fifteen year old kid!" the man didn't want to listen to reason, and he kept shooting. Jacob got up next to him and shot him once in between the eyes. He walked out of the gas station and told Megan, "Let's go."

Last edited by Sentinel on Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Megan heard a few gunshots, and kept from looking out of the car. At the gunshots, she started to shake again, as she always did when she heard loud noises like that, and jumped when Jacob told her that we were leaving. He got in, and Megan asked, "What did you do?" As Jacob turned the car on, the CD in the car played wit it's opening song, Oh! Gravity!. I relaxed for the time being, and looked outside. I then thought of different things to pass time by.

((Sorry, but I love Switchfoot.))

Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
Patrick turned around warely when he heard the voice. He was relieved when he saw another person's face.
"Oh, hi." said Patrick.
"I wouldn't stay up here for long, they might find a way to get us. Do you have a plan to get away?" asked Patrick, knowing that if they leaped, they would be chow in no time.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:17 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

"Seeing as they are in the building, and we knocked down the ladder, we can't go back, and we can't jump to our doom, I think we'll end up going up..."

Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Megan, do you have any idea of where we could go?" asked Jacob as he hooked his MP3 up to the car's radio, "Because I can't think of a single place."

Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Megan bit her lip. "How about the beach? Wait, no...It was probably hit as well...How about...er..." She was having a hard time focusing right now. "Anyhow, let's move east, probably towards the desert." She reached into the back and took out a map, knowing exactly where it was. "Or we could find other people, and ask them."

Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Jacob pulled over to the side of the road. "The only problem with your plans is that for all we know we are the last people on this whole d@mn planet! Anywhere we could go that we could be safe until we know for certain there are other people?"

A creature sprinted and rammed the back of the car, flipping it over. Sh*t. Jacob crawled out of the shattered windshield and pulled out his pocket knife. I never thought i'd have to use this.

He pulled the blade out, and it gleamed in the light. The edge was serrated, so as to shred anything it came in contact with. The blade was about seven inches long, the handle a tad bit longer.

"Megan, let's head to the gun store around the corner. With any luck we'll lose this thing before we get there!"

Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"One little problem." Megan said. She looked fearfully at Sevear, as she was hanging upside down. "My seatbelt is stuck. And my gun had fallen, but I can get it, once I can reach it." She tried to reach it, but the creature jumped on the car, making a dent right in front of Megan's face. Seeing as she was stuck, and now couldn't see in front of her face, she reached for the gun again. This time she got it, and fired a bullet through the dent. A shriek was heard, and something fell off. Megan turned to Sevear, and looked at his knife. "My seatbelt is tight against me, but do you think you can tear it off without injuring me?"

Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Just shoot at it if it tries to sneak up behind me." Jacob got back into the car and began cutting at the seatbelt. It split in two with a satisfying snap. He grabbed the shotgun off of his seat and handed her the gun he had stepped on trying to cut her out. "Now let's get out of here."

Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Megan nodded, and once he gave the signal, ran. She then let Jacob go in front of her, and after a minute of being chased, she was tiring. She fell a little further behind Jacob, but managed to keep up.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Once they were safely inside the gun store, Jacob barricaded the door. "Grab any weapons you can carry. Don't bother trying to travel light. I'd rather be safe than sorry."

He walked over to the far wall and grabbed two pistols and a belt with two pistol holders. ((I forget what it's called. :( )) He grabbed a rifle and a scope and assembled them, then slung it across his shoulder. He put his pocket knife away.

"Ready?"

Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"No." Megan said. She had two pistols around her arms, three pistols in the pocket balt, a small gun hidden in each shoe, and goggles with a scope-she had to put her glass's prescription glass into them, so that they were her glasses, and she had a big machine gun in her left arm, and she was holding it there, between her arm and side, while holding the ammo in her teeth.
She then grabbed the boxes of ammo for the pistols, and put them in a pocket or two, filled to the brim, and got the ammo for the rifles tucked into her pant's pockets. She then took a bunch, several boxes worth, of machine gun ammo, and tucked it into her gloves, which she had gotten from the car. The gloves were a cop's, and they has special pockets designed to hold ammo. All of the rest went into the belt. Megan looked at Jacob, and smiled. "Better safe than sorry, right?" She said, then readied her machine gun, looking through the scope. Once she was satisfied, she eyed the grenades. She smiled, and took a few, just in case. "Okay. Now I'm ready." She said, looking to her partner. "Let's go kick some creature's - Well, you know." She smiled, hoping to be able to avenge her parents, and all other people's deaths.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"You sure you're going to be able to take all that without slowing us down?"

Jacob went and grabbed some ammo and another pistol and held it in his hands. He grabbed a machine gun and slung it over his shoulder as well.

"Now let's hope one of these cars still has keys in them," said Jacob as he began looking through cars windows. "Perfect!" he shouted, staring at a dark blue Ford Mustang convertible, keys still in the ignition.

((My dream car, lolz))

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Megan nodded. "I will be able to catch up, seeing as I can still run with what feels like a backpack, and anyways, with all of this, I don't need to be that much fast, do I?" She made an attempt at a joke. She then got more ammo in a huge box, and put it in the car between the two. As she buckled up and they drove on, she put the ammo sheets for the machine gun over her shoulder.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Jacob put the hood down so that in the incident of a creature sighting he wouldn't have to ruin this car. "So where exactly should we go? I personally think we should try the beach. There are alot of people there normally and there may still be some."

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Megan shook her head. "The creatures came from that direction, if you noticed, how they started heading in the opposite direction of hte beach, towards the desert. Seeing as they wouldn't go back, but ahead, they would be heading towards Nevada, which is East. We should beat them to the places and warn others." She suggested. She then took out a CD from her pocket, and laughed. She showed Jacob the CD. "I managed to save Switchfoot. Shall I?" She asked.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Megan placed the CD in and the two listened to it as they kept driving.

((Dude, we made a whole page!! O_o))

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

"We need to make a signal of sorts, to let someone know we're outt here..."

Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
"Hmm, I think I have an idea!" said Patrick. He carefully reached down into the building and moves his hand towards a high shelf and grabbed a grenade. He pulled the handel (or whatever it's called) and chucked the grenade into the air. Seconds later, the grenade exploded.
"This should get someone to find us!" said Patrick. He started hearing helicopter blades. He looked behind him and saw a helicopter headed towards them. The helicopter crashed onto the roof, but didn't hit Patrick or Seshu.
"Wow, this must be our lucky day!" said Patrick. He looked inside the pilot's seat and saw a corpse.
"Oh, great. Looks like the creatures can fly!" grumbled Patrick. He threw the corpse out of the helicopter and jumped into the pilot's seat.
"Well? You coming?" asked Patrick.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:17 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

"Of course, but if they can fly..." Seshu picked up the corpse, and threw it to the creatures below. They didn't go after the body tthough, but took a small nibble.
"Let's go."

Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alera kept running alongside Julie, not quite having breath to talk or ask any more questions. As it so happened, they were heading for the parking lot, which gave her an idea. "Maybe we could take a car!" she said, a bit excited, "I doubt that the monsters can go as fast as a car. And we can find other people."
Even as she said that, a mustang came roaring towards the beach. She grinned. "Look, someone alive!"

Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:14 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next