It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 I Dream of Life [active and closed to applicants] 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

[[I'm starting the attack because there are 3 other people who've yet to post besides Charly. Charly's not going to be back for about 5 days, he's gone camping. When the other's come I'll fill them in and they can be found or whatever else they come up with.]]

The first sign of trouble had been the piercing scream that broke through the laughter filled beach. Everyone whirled to look towards the screams as more and more filled the air. Julie's eyes widened, people were running, crying, and screaming.

The brunette couldn't believe her eyes, through the throng of people she saw black montrosities lunging at people. They pinned them to the ground and feasted on them. Many started with the person's abdomin, leaving their victims alive to scream and wail.

She felt the air in her lungs disappear as she tried to make her legs move. But, she and the girl she'd been speaking to stood frozen in their spot. The giant creature towered over them, it looked like a canine but it's eyes were golden and its feet were hooved. It seemed to crouch lower, staring the terrified girls in the eyes before making its move. With fierce intensity, it lunged at the 18 year-old, and Julie was knocked to the side as the girl's piercing scream joined the others'.

Julie spared the girl one last look, her mouth gaped open before lurching to her feet and running. She ran as fast as she could, trying to evade the creatures and the terrified civillians. More and more monsters appeared and attacked. No sooner did one finish its meal than it moved onto the next.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
After lunch, Megan had gone to her fifth period class. While reading, finished with a test that others were still doing, she looked at the window that was by her desk. She smiled, then frowned. She heard a noise coming from the field by the classroom. She stood up to sharpen a pencil, and took the chance. She looked at the window, then widened her eyes. What she saw left her breathless. Giant canine-looking creatures with odd colored eyes and hooved feet were eating people. A classmate came over to see what she was looking at, and screamed. A creature came lunging towards the classrooms, and more followed. The classmate and Megan then hid from the window, their backs against the door, when something ran into it. They were thrusted from the door, and the classmate went up to it. Megan pulled him out of the way, just as the door fell over. A creature went through it, and looked at the boy. He then simply grabbed him in the teeth, and tore him apart. Megan watched, terrified, and people started to scream. More creatures went in, eating people, and she ran out of the room. She was faced with more creatures, and ran away, past the field, into the ditches and past the fences, until she lost them. They were to interested in eating easier prey. She continued to run, and didn't stop until she reached her house. She opened the door, just in time to see her mother get eaten. She then grabbed the keys that were by the door, and ran out to her mother's car. She got in, and turned the car on. She hopped in and drove off. She was thankful for the lessons her father had given her, just in case something had happened and she had to get away. As Megan drove, she saw more people get eaten. The sight horrified her, and she drove onto the free way, which many people had abandoned. She then drove near the next town, but was shortly stopped when all of the cars had been abandoned, and she was stuck. The creatures were here, too. Megan then hid under a seat in the car, invisible to all who looked or smelled inside. Just in case, however, she sprayed perfume on herself and the inside of the car repeatedly, so that the monsters couldn't sniff her out.

((Megan was in a class that had people who were around 18 there to help tutor others...))

Last edited by Kawaii Angel on Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((How do these monsters see? Infrared? Normal?))

Jacob walked out of the lunchroom, the blonde-haired kid still talking about his problems. Then he saw it. A large, canine-like creature with strange eyes and hooves was standing at the end of the hallway, searching for prey.

What is that!? he thought, possibilities racing through his mind. It lunged at the kid standing next to him, and began to devour him from the abdomen out.

Jacob was petrified. He didn't know what these things were, or why it had selected the kid he was talking to and not him. I have to get home. Dear God please let my parents be safe.

He bolted out of the schoolyard and sprinted for a good half-mile before he reached his house. He opened the door to a gruesome site. His mothers carcass was at the top of the stairs, maimed beyond recognition. The only reason he could tell it was her was because she was wearing the necklace he had given her for Mother's day. Mom...

He fell to his knees. This was all happening so fast; less than ten minutes ago it had been a normal day. I mustn't let her death be in vain. he thought as he ran up the stairs, ripping the necklace off of his mothers body. He ran into the kitchen where he knew his father always left his gun. He grabbed it and ran out the door, not sure where he was heading or who he could turn to.

Last edited by Sentinel on Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

[[Sorry I couldn't get here so quickly. D:]]
It was a quiet day in the small town of Napa Valley, the fog was settling in on the browned hilltops and the wineries were just opening their gates. As Daisy's father passed the wine train, his hands on the steering wheel, he turned to her. "Honey, I think that your dog is in a better place." He said, trying to convey that he was sad, but to no avail. Daisy knew better, "Yeah, yeah, he probably is," she said with a deep sigh and a tug at the ribbon on her dress. When they passed main street they came to a sudden halt. Daisy's head was jerked forward and hit the dashboard. She blacked out.

When she awoke (with a big bump on her head), she was in a dark room. Small, short breaths arose from a being on her right. "Dad?" she asked, hoping it was him. "Yeah," he said, gasping for breath, the air inside the space became hotter and the oxygen more scarce."So (huff) what (puff) happened?" She asked, feeling the bump on her head with her hand, it was larger than she expected. Her hands were dirty, the soil encrusted her fingers and made it's way under her fingernails. The confined space and lack of vision made her feel tense and sick. Her stomach grumbled and her jaw tightened. "Where are we?" She asked, but soon after all was explained.

A giant yellow creature was breathing heavily as he ran through the lonely vineyard, his hooves stomping on the ground, packing the soil and trampling the vines. He sniffed multiple times and picked up on a scent, unfamiliar words were spoken just as he encroached on the edge of the vineyard. He ran up and saw his next victim.

A burst of light splashed Daisy's eyes, making her blink and regain control, with out knowing, she moved towards the light when her father's hand grabbed her with a fierce grab and then let go "I love you honey!" he yelled as the ravenous creature bit and chewed his torso, Daisy watched in horror as her father was dying right before her eyes. She couldn't believe it. She must run, no, not run, but what?

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

Seshu always loved animals. After all, they were living creatures to. So a trip to the zoo was far from childish, in fact, he used it to study more about the fellow creatures of earth.

As he walked through the pathways, he heard a scream. And no doubt, as with all screams, there were more screams, gasps of horror and people running everywhere.

"What's going on he-" He tried to ask, when some canine-type creature devoured a human alive, with his daughter screaming for someone to help him.

Then more creatures came, literally eating the victems alive.

Someone took the little girl, who was now crying that her father was dead then led her away, and Seshu ran to.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:01 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Can you explain why it's not formatted correctly? I copied and pasted it from the box I thought that was it. I also thought that you would reserve me a spot to give me a chance but I guess not, I liked the idea of the roleplay but I guess I can't be in it. If anyone drops out I'd like to join though.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:12 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

[[It's the wrong color. I made the coded version of the profile so all I had to do was hit the quote button then hit copy and paste. I'd have to get rid of the color tags. I put a lot of time into making this, and I clearly stated in the rules I wanted the profile's format to be exactly as I provided. If I had wanted the profile text to be any other color it would've been in the coding. You did have a chance to resubmit your profile, nearly 2 hours after you first submitted your profile.

Why would I hold a spot for someone who did not ask, merely assumed, and didn't follow directions? I gave clear, simple, and detailed instructions for people who are either new to role-playing or didn't know. It took me an hour to make sure everything was the way I wanted it. It only takes me 30 minutes to write a one-shot if I were to focus the way I did with this. You've role-played with me before in the past, so I don't see how this comes as a surprise to you.]]

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:09 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well I wasn't on for two hours after that, you could've told me too change the color instead of format it differently I didn't know what you meant by that. Besides it woulda taken what TWO seconds to remove the color tags? I don't get why it was such a big deal.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alera was about halfway to the beach chairs where her parents sat when the first screams were heard down the beach. Her eyes grew wide and she broke into a run, Trouble at her heels. Her father, who had been on the phone, dropped it, and in the commotion someone stepped on it and broke it. She barely managed to reach her parents when the creatures came into sight, and Trouble started growling and snapping, hair on end. She had to grab his collar to keep him from going after the horrible things.
But the creatures seemed to hear the noise, and two started advancing on them. Her parents shoved her away just before the creatures attacked. She landed flat on her face, which mercifully kept her from seeing their deaths. By the time she'd struggled back to her feet they were dead-their mangled corpses unrecognizable.
She looked around desperately for someone else still alive-there weren't many. Most of the area's schools had already started, leaving the beach filled with adults and college students. She was just about to give up hope when a brown-haired girl streaked past her, and Alera sprinted to catch up with what looked like the only other living human on the beach. "What's going on?" she panted once she'd caught up, "Do you know? Do you know of somewhere we could hide?"
In her panic it never occured to her how unlikely it was that the other girl would know anything.
((Yes, I am referring to Julie-Crimson's girl. Yes, I did ask first))

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:47 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

[[I'm sorry you weren't on, that's not my issue. I told you that you had formatting issues, plural. And I don't care about how long it would've taken, the fact is that I shouldn't have to. This isn't something I just randomly decided; it was in my rules, I provided a coded format, and gave you a chance to fix it [regardless of your being online or not]. It's a big deal because you didn't follow simple directions. I'm not wrong in refusing your application. I don't get why it's so hard to follow directions. Care to explain that to me?]]

Julie stopped running, her lungs burned. To the girl she gasped, "I've no idea. All I know is that we need to get out of here!"

The brunetted began looking for anything that could be used to get away. In the chaos it was hard to see anything, her terrified mind had a hard time focusing on the task. Her breaths were labored, her eyes were wide, and her pupils were dialated from the excitment around her.

Things only looked as though they were going to get worse, and there was no solution in her sights.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Jacob ran as far and as fast as he could; he didn't plan on stopping anytime soon. He soon got to the freeway, and began checking car doors to see if they were unlocked.

Please let there be one open, or someone that can tell me what the heII is going on. he thought as he continued trying to open doors.

He knocked on the window of a car, "Hello, is anyone in there?" he yelled, frantically trying to get away from the monsters devouring what was left of their prey on the other side of the bridge.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.

Megan froze in place when she heard knocking nearby. She slowly poked her head up to see a boy frantically banging on windows of cars. She looked to see the monsters a ways away. I don't want to move...but I can't just let the creatures find him!! What should I do!? She thought, and she decided to chance it. She got out from under the passenger seat, and looked at the oncoming person. "Hey!" She yelled, and opened the door a bit. She let the boy in, and crawled to the passenger seat. She opened a compartment, and grabbed the perfume. Closing the door once he was in, she sprayed him, and saw his pistol. She put the perfume away, and motioned for the boy to get under the seat. She then got an idea. She took out a key from her dad's wallet, which she found in the car, and opened a smaller compartment. Inside was another pistol, and tons of ammo. Her father was a cop, and now Megan was glad for that. She crawled back under the seat, and loaded the gun. She then passed the boy some ammo.

((Is that alright, Crimson? For us to meet already?))

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Jacob was gasping for breaths; he hadn't stopped running since he left his house. "Thanks," he said, pausing to catch his breath. He accepted the ammo and looked out the window to see the remaining one on the bridge sniffing around. He graciously accepted the ammo. When he went to put it in his pocket he looked out the window once more. He panicked. The creature was standing right outside the car door, sniffing for something. He dropped one of the ammo cartridges under the seat.

It took him a second to regain his composure. "Do you know what those things are?" he asked the girl next to him.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Megan shrugged, and saw the beast. When the boy looked her way again, she surprised him with another perfume spray. She then sprayed herself again, and cocked her gun. She was trained to use one, as her family camped in the wilderness, and was pretty good at aim. She suddenly felt almost brave, and moved from under the seat, gun aimed for the creatures head.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"What are you doing? Get down!" said Jacob in a harsh whisper. "Are you trying to get us killed? We don't even know if that will work on them!"

That's when Jacob noticed the keys in the ignition. "Why'd you stop driving? Are you out of gas?"

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Megan noticed that he was right. Besides, all it wopuld do right now is shatter the glass. Then, the boy asked her about the driving. "Do you see anywhere I could go? It's hard just to walk through there." She said, raising an eyebrow. She hid again, and looked at the keys. "I just turned it off recently. Do you think...Do you think that they can sense heat? If they can, this guy will be here for a while. I sure hope he doesn't notice us." She said, and sprayed the car once more. She turned to the boy again, who was sweating and shaking. She made eye contact with him, blinked with an emotionless face, and sprayed him again, out of the blue.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Stop spraying me. I hope they can't sense heat, or we're as good as dead," said Jacob, sneaking a peek in the window only to see the creature still standing there. We could be here all day. Unless...

Jacob moved into the drivers seat. "Sit in the passengers seat. If it chases us, shoot it. The pistols knockback effect should give us enough time to get away," he told her, starting the ignition.

He put the car in reverse as it roared to life. He then slammed his foot on the gas, hoping that he remembered what he had learned in class.

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:04 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Seshu was in a small forest, with a few of those creatures on his tail. They weren't really trying to catch him, but they weren't trying. But he could still see that he was possible prey.

He came to the freeway and a few of the creatures jumped, and Seshu, of course, ducked.

But the creatures continued on, chasing a car roaring away.

"That was close." Seshu panted.He walked back to his house, only too find a street of grusome bodies.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:19 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
Patrick was just watching ducks in a pond when a beast jumped out of the undergrowth and shredded one of them.
"What the heck is that?!" said Patrick in shock. The creature emediatly saw him and hissed. Patrick begag backing away slowly and the beast lunged at him. Patrick quickly ran away and the creature crashed on the ground, picking itself up in only a few seconds. Patrick was running as fast as he could. He could see the torn up remains of unlucky people littering the ground. Patrick spotted a building called "Shot Game?" and ran inside. He quickly locked the door and put crates in front of it. The creature rammed the door, but couldn't bust through it.
"Whew... I'm (pant) safe." said Patrick. Sudenly he felt hot breath on his shoulder. He turned around and saw another one of them.
Just how many of them are there?! thought Patrick. He backed yup a bit and felt something with his back. He reached behind his back and grabbed the object. When he brought it back to his face he saw a pistol. The beast started walking towards him. Patrick pulled the trigger and the bullet hit the creature's eye. While it whimpered, Patrick made a dash for the stairs. He quickly climbed up them and when he was on the roof he knocked the ladder.
"Let's hope I'm safe now..." said Patrick.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:11 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Seshu went through the street, to find a creature ramming a door, but unable to go through.

"Hey, you!" Seshu shouted, to try and get into the safe building. The creature lunged at him and he jumped out of the way, but it quickly got back up. It didn't want to bother to catch him though, the ramming he had done seemed to have weakened it.

After a few slams from a log, he got in, to meet another creature, enraged by a pistol shot. But another stroke of luck, he had slamed the door onto his face. It was also whimpering. Seshu took this opurtunity to run up the stairs but found the ladder knocked over.

"Oh no." hee said, checking over his shoulder and putting the ladder back up. Once he got on the roof, he found someoone already there, and he knocked the ladder back down.

"Hi there." he greeted,, to the person on the roof with him.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Megan nodded to the boy, and got into the passenger seat. "Should I? I got his far without crashing. I'm from the other town." She thrusted her thumb to the other city. "Basides, just where are we going to go? In front of us, there are more cars!" She said, but strapped in anyways. She rolled down her window, and readied her pistol.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The car fired out of its old spot backwards. Jacob let his foot off the gas so that the back end would fish tail and so he could straighten it out and head the opposite way. "Hold on, this could get rough," he said as they jetted off of the freeway overpass and into the nearest gas stations parking lot.

"Grab whatever you can food and drink wise. I'm going to fill up the gas tank, scream if you see one."

Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Alright." Megan answered. She took a bag from the car, and handed the biy a credit card, telling him the pin. Heading into the store, she wasn't very surprised to find it empty. She gathered a lot of food and bottles into the bag, until it bulged, and closed it. She put it over her back, and went to the slushie stand. She took two cups and filled them, and got two soup at hands. ((I <3 those things!!:D)) Megan warmed them up, and ran to the car. She put the stuff in, and decided that they would need money. "Hold on. I'm going to grab some cash. No one else needs it right now." She told the oy, and ran back in. She ran to behind the cashier, and took out bills, putting them in her pockets. She thought she heard something, and turned around. Nothing. Grabbing the last of the cash, even from the broken safe, which had been broken open, but still full, she took out the shotgun. She walked over to where she had heard the noise, and held the shotgun out. If there is someone, I would rather see them before they see me. She thought. She ended up by the bathroom, and the door was shaking. She heard a growl from behind the door, and backed up. Just as she was ready to leave, the door burst open, revealing a creature with bloody teeth. Megan then realized that no one had left the shop. They had grabbed for the safe money, and got eaten. Megan screamed loudly, and fired a few bolts. They hit the shoulder of the creature, and it roared, angry. Mean screamed again, and shot at it's head, where the bullets were kept from killing it by the fur. She then shot at it's hind legs, and the creature started to trip. Megan turned and ran. Screaming once more, she headed around the store, trying to throw off the creature.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

D@mn. Jacob heard the girls screams followed by several gunshots and a roar. She ran around the corner, a beast not far behind.

"Get in the car. NOW!" he yelled at her, emptying a clip into the creatures chest to no avail. Why won't you die!?!? he thought before shutting the gas hatch and starting the car up.

Three-quarters of a tank. Good enough to get us to the next gas station. thought Jake as he slammed his foot on the gas, the creature knipping at their heels.

Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next