It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I'm looking forward to Super Smash Bros. Brawl 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

One can only imagine Mewtwo {mewtwo} 's final smash. :D :idea: Wait, why don't we try to guess and make a prediction?

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:20 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

And can somebody please tell me how to change this "bug catcher" thing under my name?

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You have to post. Get more than 25 posts (don't spam) and you'll get to be a pokefan..

And use the edit button, don't post twice.

And they're putting Deoxys into the newest version =)

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: On the left side of the street... Take THAT Society!
Don't get his hopes up; deoxys isn't a playable caracter, it's just in a poke ball.
I kinda doubt {mewtwo}'s gonna be playable, though.

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters <- Go

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Oh, c'mon! {mewtwo} was one of the most powerful characters in SSBM! Why wouldn't he be in brawl? (Note: he was a hidden character in the last game, so he might be hidden in Brawl.)

Last edited by Doore1337 on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Obviously; there are gonna be so many more new characters then the ones they listed in 2006. Just today Ike from Fire Emblem was confirmed.
I just think that mewtwo will be one of a few that will not appear in brawl. It's just my opinion.

I think these will not be in brawl:
Pichu- not original enough
Doctor mario- not original enough
Young link- not original enough
Sheik (not really a character, but...)- Sheik hasn't been heard from since ocarina of time, 9 years ago. You really think they'll be playable?
Mr. Game and Watch- Nobody's seen a game and watch in years, but possibly could remain
Marth and Roy- due to the fact of more popular FE characters

Make some room for the new guys, will ya!

Last edited by thekiller0703 on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

They're taking out Sheik?!

That is an outrage!!!

And of course Deoxys is only going to be in a Pokeball. Making it a playable character would be murder.

Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Seeing as sheik isn't in LoZ: TP and that's what zelda's outfit is it's unlikely for the transformation to remain...

Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Just because her outfit is from TP, doesn't mean they'll take out Shiek. They might be using that outfit simply because it's more aesthetically pleasing.

And they more than likely won't take out many of the characters you have listed, simply because they are ADDING new characters to the game, not clearing old ones to put new ones.

Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:54 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Meh, I believe you're accumulating quite a bit of doubt, Killer. All the characters you said nintendo was removing were actually quite powerful in the last game, and removing them would arouse controversy. Besides, how could shiek be removed if Zelda has been confirmed? You'll never know what characters are being removed in advance unless you work at nintendo.

Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think I read somewhere that all of the characters from the 64 version(good old days) are going to be in it for sure. But no matter how many characters there are, you'll always see the 1 or 2 characters being "overused" in every match.

Doore1337 wrote:
Meh, I believe you're accumulating quite a bit of doubt, Killer. All the characters you said nintendo was removing were actually quite powerful in the last game, and removing them would arouse controversy. Besides, how could shiek be removed if Zelda has been confirmed? You'll never know what characters are being removed in advance unless you work at nintendo.

None of the characters thekiller0703 mentioned were powerful, just overused, namely Dr. Mario, Shiek form (I think I'm the only one who knows how to use both forms) and Marth/Roy.

Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:07 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You think I'm crazy? Check out the videos on youtube... they believe the craziest things about new playable characters.

Here's one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkWCy0wbmHw
Pause it and read the characters; it's rediculus.

Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
You think I'm crazy? Check out the videos on youtube... they believe the craziest things about new playable characters.

Here's one:
I saw that a while ago. I mean, Leon?!

Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Here's one:

This reminds me of the MUGEN files.

Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:30 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm sure that most, if not all of the Melee chars will be in Brawl, because they did it for Melee with the original.

^^^spongedude made this. He is AWESOME!!

Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

IMO, Sheik and Mr. Game should stay, both are good chars, and if they aren't in Brawl, people will forget them forever.
And if Sheik stays, I hope he gets separated from Zelda because in SSBM the B+Down move was wasted in transform.

Some people want to see Sonic in Brawl because finally Mario would battle against him (Nintendo vs. Sega)
I really don't care if Sonic appears, but someone here wants to see him in Brawl too?

Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

!!!! :twisted: I'm sure a mod should move this thread to "Video Game Dissusion" instead of "Orre, Fiore and Beyond" :twisted: !!!!

Anyways, yes, some of the characters woun't be in SSBB cuz of popularity and new entries, limited(nation)size of memory or dates the characters last appeared in. Like Shiek, by the time SSBB is an avrage house hold game, she would't have appeared in a game for almost 10-ish years.

When i have the powers of a mod.... I'M GOING TO DESTROY EVERY STUPID THREAD AND PUT IT IN THAT LAIR THING AND BAN THE CREATORS OF THAT THREAD! ITS BRILIANT BRILIANT BRILIANT!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA*hack*HAHAHAAAAA!!...........Did i over do it?

Last edited by pokemc33 on Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Some people want to see Sonic in Brawl because finally Mario would battle against him (Nintendo vs. Sega)

There's one problem I've seen about sonic being in brawl; the olympics game (IDK the name) has a huge hype about it being the first game in years with both Mario and Sonic. Well, imagine having all that hype over something then the next month it'll be done again :roll:
Maybe next time, Sonic.

Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

(talking about Killer's video) Huh the...?!? :shock: Nintendo personally said that they'll only put 2 or 3 3rd-parties in Brawl! That means Snake, possibly Sonic, and... and... one other...

P.S.
Quote:
None of the characters thekiller0703 mentioned were powerful, just overused

Actually, they were powerful. Possibly not in offense, but in speed, defense, and strategic value. I'm quite partial to Pichu and Roy, myself. Oh, and here's another positively insaaaaaaaane video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGyWTuGa ... ed&search=

Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:05 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

(talking about Killer's video) Huh the...?!? :shock: Nintendo personally said that they'll only put 2 or 3 3rd-parties in Brawl! That means Snake, possibly Sonic, and... and... one other...

P.S.
Quote:
None of the characters thekiller0703 mentioned were powerful, just overused

Actually, they were powerful. Possibly not in offense, but in speed, defense, and strategic value. I'm quite partial to Pichu and Roy, myself. Oh, and here's another positively insaaaaaaaane video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGyWTuGa ... ed&search=

All characters are powerful in some way in power, speed, and such. No one is more powerful than the other, it all depends on skill and luck.

Also, whether they add Sonic, Geno, or even Goku, I'll still buy the game and most likely enjoy it.

Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:48 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't know. Unfortunately I think Killer's right. They're probably gonna take out Mewtwo and a few others... I do hope they add Sonic though. I think Sonic games rule (still addicted to Sonic Adventure 2 for Gamecube... I will unlock Green Hill Zone :mad: )! Also, I'd like to see more PLAYABLE Pokemon. Sure they're cool in the pokeballs and all, but there should be more playable ones, especially if they're really taking out Mewtwo and Pichu. Embarrassing everyone by killing them as Pikachu is getting old (I'm thinkin' Magby and/or Elekid :twisted: )...

Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, the whole point of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games is that it is the first game in years to have 'em both, so I HIGHLY doubt sonic will also be in brawl...

Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Heh, never expected the new playable character would be Pokemon Trainer (not Ash even though it looks like him). I really like how the staff seems to be more original than just putting character after character, and put something interesting and unique.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:16 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I can honestly say I was NOT expecting that...
However, this backs up some of my theories. They replace one "transforming" character (sheik) with another (poke trainer). That also boosts the chance of mewtwo and pichu not being in the game. Someone mentioned how that would leave less characters from the pokemon universe, but now... I suppose we'll see :D

Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That was me who said that. I've been checking the site for updates every weekday and I can also honestly say that I was sooooo not expecting the Trainer as a character. What a pleasant suprise. The Pokemon Trainer looks like a lot of fun. I've ALWAYS wanted to be Charizard in Super Smash, and now my dream comes true... :D
PS: Who thinks that for the Final Smash, the trainer will send out a legendary pokemon (dialga/palkia would be so cool)?

Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next