It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:33 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
 My suggestions 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

When a thread that is not spam is deleted, the creator should be PM'd the reason why.

Mods should also move threads to the correct area if they are placed incorrectly. Don't just delete them. That's laziness.

I posted a perfectly fine thread yesterday in the Pokemon Center board, but it was deleted. Okay? That makes sense...So I then posted it in the Battle Tower. It's gone again. Not even locked or moved. Just deleted without a reason. I'd like to know why this is the case.

Also, the mods/admins should stop acting like they are gods ;)

I don't really use a team. I just mix and match the Pokemon I have trained.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well I have to agree with pretty much this whole entire post. I have seen some constructive threads deleted for no reason or warning whatsoever. What I have concluded from this, is that the thread was already written by a fellow member, but every time I take the time to look I can not find ithem

As for the mods, I used to think that as well. Recently I have had a change in thought. If you take the time to look at the lack of people reading the rules lately I would be the same way. This site has been here since 2004, and everytime a new person comes and just starts to post whatever wherever must be a pain in the side.

I think the 2 best Amins/Mods have to be Frost and sNowBaLL, and no I am not playing suck up. snow has answered every PM I have ever sent him and has actually done follow ups to see that the problem has been fixed. Frost on the other hand, rarely responds but takes immediate action in getting things done.

On the contrary there are a few mods in here I would like to slug, mainly one which shall remain nameless for obvious reasons but I have come to deal with it.

All in all, if I were an admin here I would be the Devil. I can not handle people posting the most retarted things over and over and over again. I think that the current administration handles it quite well, but this certainly comes from years of experience. I use to HATE LINTAROS LAIR, I thought making fun of people was wrong in every way, but now that I have seen some recent things I have to agree with it.

Well, thats my two cents.

- ClassicK

EDIT: And Jigglypuff, I was recently told by a member of the staff that Jigglypuff is pretty much the sole moderator of the web site we use all the time for information. This site IS HUGEEEEEE, taking on this task for so many years is an awesome responsibility.

Also sNowBaLL makes insane Guides, and they are written solely by him. As well as Tonberry King for getting the majority of the sites information (good work).

You know, its not just the forums. Recently I have learned a lot about what the admins do here, some of the things they have done solely for the purpose of knowledge and fun. This is obviously non profitable, so if they wanted to they could shut the whole site down and then what.

The reason I am babbling on and on about this is all you hear now is how EVIl the psypokes staff is, and really they aren't. They made and gave all of us these forums and this web site. The least we all could do is take the time to read the rules, even when I first joined I was the same way and had the "Temp Ban" status in under two weeks.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:41 pm
The Geek
The Geek

What was your thread about? PM the active moderator(s) of the forum(s) you posted the topic in. We don't just delete threads for no reason at all. Common reasons for deleting threads include, but are not limited to:
- The topic has been posted before. SEVERAL times.
- The topic does not provoke discussion, and/or is little more than an "I think..." rambling
- The topic was a question that could EASILY be answered by looking at the website. "I was too busy to look it up" is not an acceptable reason for posting a topic.

When a topic is perfectly valid but in the wrong section, we do just move them. We don't always leave the "Moved:" topic behind though; they clutter things up. We're not out to be the bad guys, we're just trying to keep things running smoothly and efficiently. Once I get done tidying up that massive 2000-post thread in Sinnoh, I've got a little project to get started on, and I think you'll find it will clear a lot of things up...

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:01 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It could have been that it's been posted before, but I've never seen it before, so I figured it wasn't. And I felt it was a helpful hint for people.

Next time I will check the active mod list. I wasn't aware that there was one.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

I deleted (both of) your threads about using level 100 Wi-Fi battles to check IVs for many specific reasons:

1. It's common sense.
2. It's not important enough to require its own thread.
3. It didn't really belong in Battle Tower.
4. Telling me "not to delete [your] thread!" the second time was just like daring me to go ahead and delete it.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
I had a thread asking if Magnezone was any good, he had been gathering some harsh critisizm.
So it has a good descussiong of opinions and facts for two days, but when I logged on today it was gone!

Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

How about this?
I had a thread asking if Magnezone was any good, he had been gathering some harsh critisizm.
So it has a good descussiong of opinions and facts for two days, but when I logged on today it was gone!

I would think because there is a specific thread for discussing specific pokemon's strengths, weaknesses, and movesets here.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
Blazikendude wrote:
How about this?

I would think because there is a specific thread for discussing specific pokemon's strengths, weaknesses, and movesets here.
Well, not my fault I posted the topic before that existed.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
The Geek
The Geek

It's all part of centralizing all that data. Similar to how we've been getting the Sinnoh Forum Icons, people will post all the movesets, comments on strengths, weaknesses, etc, in that thread, and the Staff will look over all the info. All the info we find to be sufficient/up to par will be edited into the first post.

Doing this will build a central, comprehensive source of all that information for the forums. By all means, post your opinions on the strengths and such of Magnezone in that topic.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:30 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I deleted (both of) your threads about using level 100 Wi-Fi battles to check IVs for many specific reasons:

1. It's common sense.
2. It's not important enough to require its own thread.
3. It didn't really belong in Battle Tower.
4. Telling me "not to delete [your] thread!" the second time was just like daring me to go ahead and delete it.

Why don't you leave it up to the members to decide if it is important enough to be read about? Not everyone knows everything you do. We come here to discuss things, you come here to keep it under control.

Why couldn't you have directed me to where it did belong? It seemed to fit fine, and it was getting responses.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why don't you leave it up to the members to decide if it is important enough to be read about? Not everyone knows everything you do. We come here to discuss things, you come here to keep it under control.

Why couldn't you have directed me to where it did belong? It seemed to fit fine, and it was getting responses.

For one, Frost is a member. He's here to discuss things too. Just because a mod deleted your thread doesn't give you the right to come in here to rant about the mods, it'll just give you a worse reputation anyways. :roll: Just take the ego hit and move on.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:09 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:

For one, Frost is a member. He's here to discuss things too. Just because a mod deleted your thread doesn't give you the right to come in here to rant about the mods, it'll just give you a worse reputation anyways. :roll: Just take the ego hit and move on.
Sorry, no. I'm not some conformist that needs to keep an internet reputation. It's called the Suggestion board for a reason.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Do you have any idea how hard it is to run a busy forum? It's not just "oh lol hang on man, let me go administrate a forum and ill be right there lol." and leave it at that. I had a hand at a forum a while ago, and it was so hard, and it required constant monitoring without a VERY high mod/forum-goer ratio. AND on top of that this is a GIGANTIC RESOURCE. That needs constant research, upkeep, and sifting through. YOU try running a forum/site that has over SIX THOUSAND members. Oh, and also try to keep up with the GIGANTIC RESOURCE I mentioned earlier. I'll see you later with the report.

Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:43 pm
The Geek
The Geek

As much as I appreciate the intended defense, all of you trying to pick a fight are not helping anything.

Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

They wouldn't have a Suggestion forum if they didn't want suggestions. I understand it's hard to run a forum, but that doesn't mean I have to like how it's done. All I'm doing is giving my two cents.

Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{infernape} if this is a suggesttions forum then i have a suggestion.
why don't they make a proper pokedex for dungeon {infernape}

Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:43 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
The Geek
The Geek

Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 18 posts ]