It is currently Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 CoS: Rocket Reborn - Dead 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

IF YOU ARE HERE TO APPLY FOR A SLOT IN THE BRUTAL FOUR, CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK:
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopi ... 810#317810

Role Play Name: Children of Sinnoh: Rocket Reborn
Role Play Genre: Pokémon Adventure
Setting: This RP is set in Kanto, though it begins at Lake Verity, Sinnoh.

Plot: Four young would-be Pokémon Trainers are called to Lake Verity, by Professor Rowan, Sinnoh's resident Pokémon Professor. The four arrive there to be offered one of four Pokémon, as well as Pokédex and special tickets for the Sea Gallop Inter-Regional ferry, bound for Cinnabar Island in Kanto. These four young trainers are tasked with training their Pokémon, as well as catching new ones if they so desire, in order to shut down the latest incarnation of Team Rocket; which has risen from it's ashes after Giovanni began to feel threatened by Team Galactic.

Players: At the beginning, only four player slots are available; one of them already being occupied by me. These are of the four trainers sent from Sinnoh. These four players are the main protagonists and are all between the ages of 10 and 16 years old, as well as all being from Sinnoh. As soon as these four positions have been filled, the RP begins!

Later in the game, other player slots will be made available; in the form of four Team Rocket Admins nicknamed the "Brutal Four." These four Rocket trainers are tasked with stopping the Children of Sinnoh at all costs, once Giovanni becomes aware they are a threat. These players are the main antagonists and are all adults between the ages of 18 and 25, and can have mixed personal histories unlike the Children of Sinnoh. Applications and choice of Pokémon will be made available nearer the in-game creation of the Brutal Four.

Rules:
1. Absolutely no God-modding.
2. No controlling of anyone else's characters without prior permission.
3. No unrealistic Pokémon growth. Your Pokémon isn't going to evolve the instant we arrive in Pallet Town; it'll take some training.
4. If you're going to post Out of Character, please make it plain you are doing so.
5. The RP does not begin until all four trainer applications are submitted and accepted; so do not start RPing before you're given the go-ahead, I've had so much trouble with that before and it irritates me to no end.
6. Finally, and most obviously, abide by forum rules and keep your attitude in check or be dealt with by the Admins.

Available Pokémon:
Image Turtwig (Male)
Taken by Jacob Rennie (Kipper)
Image Chimchar (Male)
Taken by Jimmy (Saint Jimmy)
Image Piplup (Male)
Taken by Blake (Charly)
Image Eevee (Female)
Taken by Kiki (Kawaii Angel)

Application - to be filled out and posted here
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Hometown:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Chosen Pokémon:[/b]

Accepted Players:

Forum Handle: Kipper
Character Name: Jacob Rennie
Chosen Pokémon: Turtwig
Affiliated: Children of Sinnoh (Member)

Forum Handle: Kawaii Angel
Character Name: Kiki
Chosen Pokémon: Eevee

Forum Handle: Saint Jimmy
Character Name: James "Jimmy" Valentine
Chosen Pokémon: Chimchar

Forum Handle: Charly
Character Name: Blake
Chosen Pokémon: Piplup

Last edited by Kipper on Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My application, which is mostly an formality, but it helps other players RP with me if they know my character...

Name: Jacob "Kipper" Rennie
Hometown: Oreburgh City, Sinnoh
Appearance:
Jacob dresses in standard Sinnoh Pokémon trainer gear, though he finds the hat ridiculous and refuses to wear it. He also wears black, thick rimmed glasses.
Personality:
Kind and modest, Jacob is very low-maintenance, he is often the mediator of fights and is very calm and wise for his age.
History:
His mother is a doctor in Oreburgh City, treating both Pokémon and person alike. She is the on-call medic for the miners, of which Jacob's father is one. His mother has instructed him in basic first aid and herbal medicine - he loves grass-type Pokémon and always played with his neighbour's Carnivine as a young child. He showed remarkable strategic talent when competing in friendly competition using his father's Geodude or his mother's Medicham. When he received the call from Professor Rowan, Jacob was eager to leave on a Pokémon journey and quickly departed Oreburgh to the meeting point at Lake Verity.
Chosen Pokémon: Turtwig

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.

Name: Kiki Yanni ((I chose the first thing that popped into my head. :D))
Hometown: Pallet Town

Appearance:Small, athletic, and strong, this girl has above shoulder length pink hair, blue eyes, and has a heart-shaped face. She wears a quarter-length sleeved shirt that has pink and white horizontal lines and has a hood. She wears light brown Kapris with Dark brown Crocs.

Personality: She is very bright, is nice and caring, and is the neutral one of people. She is a peace maker, and normally breaks up fights, but very rarely speaks. People think that she is mute sometimes, even after knowing her for a while, and she has a short temper, which is odd for someone who always acts calm and cool (Serene). She appears cold to people who are stuck up or are rude to others, ect. Very independent, doesn't like showing her vulnerable side to anyone.

History:She was born in Pallet Town, and was raised there. She ran away to Twinleaf Town a few months ago, one reason being that her father had disappeared when she was a baby, and her mom couldn't take care of her very well. Because of her mom's depression, Kiki had to take care of herself, and the kids in Pallet Town always made fun of her and hurt her because of it. Her mom then found a boyfriend that didn't like Kiki, so she ran away, half from her current situation, and half from her mom's boyfriend's threats, which was her second reason for leaving.

Chosen Pokémon: Female Eevee

She has been hiding out in Twinleaf Town for a bit, while only one person knew that she was there, and watched over her. ((I will use Kiki in first person from now on...))

Last edited by Kawaii Angel on Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hometown: Fuschia City
Appearance: Image
Personality:
Sarcastic and flippant, he'll say whatever comes to mind. Unfortunately, this keeps him from making many friends. Although that doesn't stop him from speaking his mind and doing what he thinks should be done. He tries to be friendly as much as possible. He's also very protective of his friends. He's considered a "trouble-maker" back in Fuschia for acting the way he does.
History: After his parents passed away, he had to move in with his grandfather in Fuschia City. Since then he's been wanting to get out, but didn't know how. Being the owner of a famous shop, his grandfather made alot of money and they lived happily, then one day James yearned for more. He wanted to get out and explore the world. All he needed was a pokemon. Aftr years of running he found himself in Twinleaf. Unaware of his surroundings, he searches drastically for those who can help him.
Chosen Pokémon: Male Chimchar

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Last edited by Saint_Jimmy on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Hometown: Sandgem Town
Appearance:
Basically blue fuzzy hair, big brown eyes, black coat, white baggy pants, some muscle.
Personality:
Brave and courageous overall, he'll try and do his absolute best before going down in a fight. Still quite young, he looks up to many others and respects them for different reasons. He'll keep to himself mostly, but around friends he'll open up a lot more.
History:
Basically he's grown up in Sandgem his whole life. He's lived with his mother and his two bossy sisters, and sorta looked after them as the man around the house. Only his mother and older sister have known their father, and Blake's promised himself to find and meet him someday.
Visited by the Professor, Blake agreed and said goodbye to his family to set forth on his very first pokemon adventure.
Chosen Pokémon: Piplup

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: Outside your window, watching you type...you spelled that word wrong, by the way.
((Yay! We have everyone! Wait...I'm the only girl?!! :shock: ))

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Haha look on the bright side, now theres nobody for you to fight with over us guys lol jk))

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Yes, but I now have three guys that can fight over me...:wink:))

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

OOC: If you hold out until later in the RP, you can maybe join as one of the Brutal Four - everyone knows it's more fun to play as a bad guy anyway. =)

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((You can be a member of the Brutal Four...))

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Yay! Aw well, I hope this starts soon. It sounds fun, does it not?:D))

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

(I'd love to join later as one of the brutal. Let me know if I can)

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((It does sound quite fun, although I have one question; Are we able to use the boxes? Because I know a few RP's don't let you))

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:11 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:41 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((well, pokemon storage boxes so we can store away any pokemon we don't necessarily need))

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:45 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I say that the next person who reads this should start the rp. :D
Just kidding. :D
But still, we should start, seeing as we have all of the characters...))

Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((I think we're all just waiting for Kipper. After all, he's the creator.))

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

OOC: Yeah, thanks Jimmy. I really would not appreciate you starting without me, what with me being in charge of the story and all.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It was a gorgeous morning at Lake Verity. The fresh morning sunlight casting a beautiful shimmering glow across the water's surface. Various Pokémon splashed around in the lake, going about their daily business.

At the lakeside, sitting on a boulder was a stern looking elderly man. He was studying the water, observing the Pokémon as they swam, and as they flew over head. Professor Rowan was certainly a dignified and stoic man.

"It is time." he said, to his young assistant, a girl named Dawn, who handed a small metallic case to the Professor, engraved with a rune-like symbol of a pokéball.

*Click* he opened the case, looking at the four polished and un-used looking pokéballs the case had been specially designed to hold. He sighed heavily and closed the case again.

He looked to his right where the eager-to-please Dawn stood, ready to carrry out any order given to her without question or fail.

"Bring Jacob, Kiki, James and Blake here, as quickly as possible." He said to her.

Dawn's keen smile faded as he finished the sentence. "Yes professor." she nodded and hurried off.

As she ran back to Twinleaf Town she found herself thinking about the four kids Rowan had chosen "It's not fair!" she thought "I'm better than them and i already have Pokémon, why can't I go? I could beat Team Rocket on my own!"

She cursed the four nubile trainers as she arrived at her home in Twinleaf, dashing straight past her concerned looking mother and into her bedroom.

She powered up her laptop and sent out a message to Rowan's four new protégés:

"Professor Rowan has requested that you make your way to Lake Verity in order to recevie your first Pokémon and details of your quest. This is a very serious matter and we would appreciate it if you were not late. Please be there by 12:00PM today.

Thank you,

Dawn Shields, Professor's Aide

After sending the message to the Pokétech devices the Professor had already sent them, she darted out of her house as quickly as she came in, her mother loking on with a worried experssion.

Back at the lake, the professor was solemnly thinking about what he was sending these mere children to do. He shook his head and sighed angrily.

"It's not about age, it's about determination. Red, Gold, Brandon - they all done it, they were children. My four will do the same." he stopped for a second, considering his aide, Dawn, to go along with them. "No, she's not ready. She has so much... darkness... and envy."

Dawn returned to his side, out of breath but unwilling to show it. "I've... sent... the... message... professor..." she managed to blurt out between gasps of air.

"Calm down Dawn, relax. Thank you for your haste, but do not exert yourself."

"I... done... it... for... the... sake... of... Kanto...sir." she replied.

Rowan rolled his eyes, she was so melodramatic; but she was correct, Kanto, and all the people and Pokémon within, were in grave danger, and there was no hero to rise up and defeat them this time, that was why he was sending four of them there.

He looked at his watch, it was 8:45AM. His charges were to arrive by mid day, he hoped they would be there on time.

OOC: Your character will begin the story by receiving the message on their Pokétechs and then making their way to the Lake to choose their starter. Enjoy!

Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ooc; When it is time, I would like to be the final of the brutal four. If that's alright with you :)

Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I was sitting on a fence, looking out to the beautiful fields near Twinleaf, when my black poketech caught a message.
"Professor Rowan has requested that you make your way to Lake Verity in order to recevie your first Pokémon and details of your quest. This is a very serious matter and we would appreciate it if you were not late. Please be there by 12:00PM today.

Thank you,

Dawn Shields, Professor's Aide

Huh? What's this? Professor Rowan? I sighed. I wonder what he is going to want with me. Oh well. What can I do but be on time? I shrugged, then jumped off the fence, and started running towards the Town. About ten minutes later, I walked into the town, and looked around. No sign of anyone. Thank goodness. I'd better make way to Lake Verity. I caught my breath, and ran again to the Lake Valor. I then checked my watched as I walked through the trees in the forest towards the Lake. I never did like taking the path. 11:52 ((I got the message late.))
I exited the trees and walked towards where I saw the professor and his assistant, Dawn. I smiled, and sat down on a rock by them. I nodded to them after they noticed me.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James rolled out of his bed as he heard his peketch beap repetatively. "ugh..." He groaned. "What is it?" He tiredly reached for it and opened the poketch to look at his message. "Hmm...Lake Verity huh." James looked at his clock which read 11:47. "Crap! I'm late!" Jimmy rushed to get dressed and tripped running down the stairs. The couple he was currently staying with greeted him a good morning. He quickly nodded, took a loaf of bread and ran out the door. "Thanks for the bed and breakfast!" He yelled as he ran down the dirt path. He passed by some large trees and heard the calling of wild Starly. As he saw figures up in the distance, Jimmy slowed down a bit and came to a large opening. He looked around and saw the Professor, Dawn and Kiki. He nodded to the three and sat in some grass. "Hey...how's everyone...doing?"

Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 258 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next