It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rayquaza 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

what is the best way (pokemon wise) to capture rayquaza, i was thinking of raising my sealo or shelgon but im not so sure

for those who dont know rayquaza is weak to Ice(x4), rock(x2), and dragon(x2)

Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:21 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I guess a Walrein would be OK...I forgot what moves he has, so I think it would just be best to use a somewhat low-level walrein, like maybe lvl 60, and have it use ice beam or blizzard or some other moderately stong ice type attack, which should take out a little less than half of it's HP. use it twice, and he should be pretty low. Try putting him to sleep or paralyzing him, and start chucking ultra balls.

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:22 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

my sealo is lvl 32 right now i just need a good place to train him

Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:25 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

off the topic, what happens if anything when you register all 69 trainers?

Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Shedinja is best for rayquaza. Rayquaza cant hit it with anything but fly, and protect can save you from that, thanks to it taking two turns to execute.

False swipe down to one HP and then start chucking ultra balls like there is no tomorrow.

After the 20th turn switch to timer balls, as they have a higher catch rate from then on.

Good luck!
Bluestrike

Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Shedinja is best for rayquaza. Rayquaza cant hit it with anything but fly, and protect can save you from that, thanks to it taking two turns to execute.

False swipe down to one HP and then start chucking ultra balls like there is no tomorrow.

After the 20th turn switch to timer balls, as they have a higher catch rate from then on.

Good luck!
Bluestrike

exactly what i was going to say! by the way, there is another post on this where you might find some more ideas.

the only thing i would add is that while it might seem like a good idea to bring a strong ice type with you, it would probably be too powerful - a level 60 walrein with ice beam or blizzard would almost certainly OHKO rayquaza, i think anyway - maybe not. but it would be pretty hard to get its health really low.

oh, something else to add. another useful pokemon to use in this case would be smeargle. give it spore, false swipe and maybe swords dance. rayquaza has rest - normally skill swapping insomnia would do the trick, but if youre going with spore you obviously dont want to do that, so maybe your fourth move could be taunt? still if you have used swords dance 3 times (and if your smeargle is at least close to level 100) you should be able to get it back to 1 hp within a turn or two.

Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

having said all that though.....if you are able to get a level 100 smeargle, then either (i) you have so much patience that you could catch a rayquaza the standard way which involves using your best pokemon to get its health low and hope your pokeballs work, or (ii) like me you used the emerald cloning glitch to get loads of rare candies, in which case, just clone a master ball.

my wife caught it with a level 20 shedinja. this also has the benefit that it negates the confusion caused by outrage. imagine your distress when you finally get it to 1hp and it kills itself in confusion!!

Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:50 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

my wife caught it with a level 20 shedinja. this also has the benefit that it negates the confusion caused by outrage. imagine your distress when you finally get it to 1hp and it kills itself in confusion!!
what negates the confusion?

Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:59 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

The fact that Outrage can't hit Shedinja in the first place, due to Wonder Guard.

Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have like a level 22 or so Shednja, but I didn't use him to catch my preeeeccccciiiooouuusssss

^^^spongedude made this. He is AWESOME!!

Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Graphic Genius

im a fan of a false swiping sporing breloom
pain in the but to get though
farfetch'd w/false swipe - mawile
mawile w/false swipe - shroomish
then level up to 54 (but by then it has a hefty atk stat)

Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:45 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

before you go suggesting all these things, this is Ruby not Emerald and I dont have FR/LG

Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

well, whatever you use, it will have to be high level. but with just pokemon from ruby, i would recommend this:

start with a bannette and use skill swap. this will give rayquaza insomnia and prevent it from using rest to restore its hp.

then switch to a manectric which knows thunderwave so you can paralyze it.

finally, switch to a shedinja with the moves false swipe and protect. use false swipe until its hp gets to 1. use protect any time it uses fly (or it will kill you).

then use ultra balls. after a while switch to timer balls.

it will definitely work, but you can see that you will have to put in a fair bit of effort.

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

well, whatever you use, it will have to be high level. but with just pokemon from ruby, i would recommend this:

start with a bannette and use skill swap. this will give rayquaza insomnia and prevent it from using rest to restore its hp.

then switch to a manectric which knows thunderwave so you can paralyze it.

finally, switch to a shedinja with the moves false swipe and protect. use false swipe until its hp gets to 1. use protect any time it uses fly (or it will kill you).

then use ultra balls. after a while switch to timer balls.

it will definitely work, but you can see that you will have to put in a fair bit of effort.

I could do all that, but then i could just throw swampert in there and take down to the red zone and get lucky with an ultra ball...that worked for me on saph before i lost it....except it was kyogre

Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:10 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I took my lvl 54 Kyogre with me to battle it. I used Ice Beam on the first turn. It got forced down into low red. Then I began ball pelting. I lost my Luxury Ball, but eventually caught it in a Premier Ball! :lol:

If you get something that forces it down to red in one shot, go for it.
- DNA

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:18 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

heres what i did(it's true i swear). i got a lvl 50 zangoose to use crush claw on raquaza. it takes 1/3 of his health and then he wipes zangoose like a little smear. out comes blaziken to do the surviving. to humor myself, i dont attack but toss a ultraball. miss. blaziken=smear #2. out comes grumpig. use confuse ray and save a life. throw a ultra ball and wadda you know it. i catch 'im. guess he thought i'd fight more and he didn't see it coming

You Jump Off The Bridge, Then Ima miss your Sorry Butt

Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

while ou guys are planning this out, i just took my blaziken, kept hitting it until it was low, and if one of us died, shut it off and turn it back on.

btw, i always saved in front of him.

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:59 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

wow
while ou guys are planning this out, i just took my blaziken, kept hitting it until it was low, and if one of us died, shut it off and turn it back on.

kept hitting it with what?

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:58 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

tyranitar_268 wrote:
wow

i do a couple hits of different attacks, see which ones do most and least damage, pound him till he gets lower hp, then use my weaker attacks and get his hp down to a sliver, then keep chucking ultra balls at it.

oh, and pray you don't get any critical hits.

Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:06 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Blinded wrote:
tyranitar_268 wrote:
wow

i do a couple hits of different attacks, see which ones do most and least damage, pound him till he gets lower hp, then use my weaker attacks and get his hp down to a sliver, then keep chucking ultra balls at it.

oh, and pray you don't get any critical hits.
you do realize it just uses rest when its down that low, id prefer to wait until it uses rest and have a move that knocks him all the way down like a really high lvl sehedija/sceptile with false swipe

Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

With a level 80+ pokemon that deals ineffective damage against Rayquaza. Its high attack but ineffective will hit Rayquaza and left it with low HP. Put a status on him (Sleep) and capture it.

Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i would use kyogre around lvl 60 since it knows ice beam and it can fare pretty well against rayquaza

Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:14 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i would say use a sceptile that knows false swipe. that way u wont kill it and itll be easy to catch when it has 1hp

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I used a 63 kyogre with ice beam to get him low health then a belosom to paralyze and a wobbuffet to survive while I used ultra balls and timer balls

Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:18 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

well i got it my 94 swampert struck lucky with return and it had 1hp....and strangly it never used rest in that battle...i guess my numbers just lined up

or it was a lucky day, shortly after that i caught latios so, DOUBLE LUCK :D

Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:55 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next