It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Streets of Rage Series 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Has anyone played this fighting games? They are really fun...I like Blaze the most...She has even stats, meaning that she is fast, strong, and tactile too....

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:16 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I played this game back on the old Sega Genesis. It's a great game, my favorite character was Axel. My brother always played as Blaze, and we played 2 players a lot. Together we could make it to the very last level when we were just kids, but we always died because there are so many bosses there. :(

Never played Streets of Rage 2 or 3.

Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:21 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Funny that you were the only one to comment this, Krisp...I love that you post so much!

I love Blaze a lot, but Axel is cool too...did you know that I and II can be downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel? It's cool....I never played 1 that much..but I've beaten 2 so many times, I forgot how many times....

Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:10 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I don't have a Wii, nor want one, but I downloaded the ROMs of SoR2 and SoR3 a few years ago. I just couldn't get into the games like I did with the original. The original has so many more memories of playing it when I was like 7...

Oh and since my Sega exploded my bro and I have to play the ROM of SoR. One time we made it to the final boss, but we couldn't beat him. I actually took a screenshot of it because I knew we'd never make it there again. :( here it is. My brother was Blaze (2P) and I was Axel (1P).

Edit: I also played online with Frost <3

Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:32 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I've played both, and a little bit of SoR 3, but I only liked the original for some reason. I used to play it when I was... ten or so?

Personally I like Axel the best. Blaze comes close but I choose Axel for his better strength, despite the fact that he fails at jumping. Adam... way too slow. With him, it's hard to avoid certain enemies like, say, the fat boss who breathes fire.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:11 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I had Streets of Rage 2 and 3 and the Sega 6-Pak of games that had Streets of Rage 1 on it for Genesis. (And, without me even looking at this topic, Krisp and I played SOR1 online together last night.) I used Blaze since day one and, even though she was probably the worst character in SOR1, she was clearly the best by SOR3.

Even though the third one is notorious for being extremely difficult and the American version has the characters in ugly clothes, it is still probably my favorite of the three because it's challenging, fun and has a storyline. Love the music and gameplay in all three... but SOR3 should have had Adam as a playable character, because Zan and Skate suuuuck.

Wow, I feel old. Only like five people on these forums were probably old enough to remember these games. D:

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:01 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lol...I surprised that only you three posted here...I guess I'm older than a quite a few people here...I'm only 15 though!

I never really played SoR 3, and I haven't got time to download SoR 1 because I've been trying to beat the whole game of SoR 2 with all the characters...I think up until Stage 5 Skate is the best, but I don't know....I didn't die until that stage, and after I did...I just went..pleh...died a lot more...The two bosses that give Skate trouble are the masked wresler (sp?) and the boxer....They are always tough, unless I'm playing on Blaze...

I just got to Stage 6 and 7 with Skate on SoR 2, and he died 6 times....He is really bad in the latter levels...

How do you play those games online? I'm just wondering...I don't know what ROMs are, but I don't want to discuss them that much because I don't know if they are bad or not...

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:21 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Frost and I made it to round 8 TWO FREAKING TIMES AND WE LOST CONNECTION BOTH TIMES AROUND THE SAME PLACE. :( And the first time we had an ass load of lag! Oh well, maybe we'll make it to the end some other time.

I refuse to even try to play SoR2 and SoR3 until I beat the first one at least one time in my life. -.-

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Is it really that hard? Hmm...maybe I should download it on my Wii...I'll try it, but I can't try SoR 3 yet...

Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:49 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I finally beat Streets of Rages for the first time in my life a few minutes ago. The game isn't really hard, I just never beat the game because my brother and I kept dying against Mona and Lisa on Round 8 EVERYTIME we played it when we were 7-10 years old. I had to stop playing the game a few years later because my Genesis broke and I didn't download ROMs until I was 15 or so. Even then I didn't have any interest in trying to beat it until Frost kept talking about it on IRC all this week, which inspired me to finally replay it by myself and beat it.

So yeah, I'll be playing SoR2 and 3 sometime.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

If you like the Streets of Rage series, go and download Streets of Rage Remake right NOW. It's an unofficial sequel made by a Spanish fan who realized that the chances of a real SOR sequel are incredibly unlikely. Usually I roll my eyes at fanmade games, but SORR is incredibly well-made and you can youtube videos of it if you don't believe me. It even got an article in a video gaming magazine.

It's kind of a mishmash of all three games in the original series. You can play as Adam, Axel, Blaze, Skate, Max, Zan and two secret characters. (They might be Roo and Shiva, like in Streets of Rage 3, since you can save Roo in SORR like in SOR3.) There is also a plot and in-game cutscenes like in SOR3, and while they're not incredibly interesting, they are better than the non-existent "plots" of SOR1/2.

The levels are taken and edited from the older games (though there are new additions to the old parts and entirely new sections) and, best of all, the music is mostly remixes of the songs from all three original games. You can call the police for backup like in SOR1 and you have special moves (including a new third dashing special move) like in SOR2/3. There's also new sprites/art of the characters, unlockable content, extra modes like Survival, and a 1P/CPU team-up mode.

I <3 it so far.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:19 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

legendary game for the sega genesis. At the time it was one of the best games in the world. I still think microsoft should be out of the game and sega should come back.

CaN YoU SeE ThE SecreT MessagE
~~~Flaming Aura Unknown~~~
Thanks !www.pokecharms.com!
http://www.myspace.com/ade_ade_ade_ade

Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:23 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@ dnade: The sega genesis, I believe, was made by Nintendo, right? If it was, then why would Microsoft give it up? The only reason it might would be to remake the Sega Genesis.

@ Frost: I AM GOING TO DOWNLOAD THAT!!!! I sounds like the perfect game for me! <3<3<3

@ Krisp: I can easily beat the game on easy mode, but when I tried it on hardest mode....Heh...I got to round 8 with 3 lives left and got owned.... :roll: I used Blaze though....

I actually am getting fond of Skate.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:35 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

@ dnade: The sega genesis, I believe, was made by Nintendo, right? If it was, then why would Microsoft give it up? The only reason it might would be to remake the Sega Genesis.

...I really hope you're joking.

I beat SoR2 and SoR3 a few days ago. SoR2 wasn't that great, but it was still a good game. I loved the graphics and faster gameplay, but still prefer the original.

As for the third one, it's haaaaard. :( I downloaded Bare Knuckle 3 (the japanese version of SoR3) and played that instead. It wasn't as hard. I also didn't have to stare at Axel's UGLY American outfit the whole time I played.

I beat SoR1 with Blaze (because Axel just sucks in this game) and I beat SoR2 and 3 with my favorite character Axel. <3

Has anyone seen the "removed" levels of SoR3? I used an AR/emulator to access them, but in the motorcycle level I couldn't do much because Axel was invisible.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't know...lol...I just typed that after my bird freaked out..so yea...

I just downloaded SoRR, and when I go to 1 Player and try to play, it will freeze....Is that supposed to happen or something? Like it stays that for a minute or something?

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I have never played any of these games. :) I have never even heard of them actually. Man, where have I been. :?

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:08 am
Profile YIM
THE POWER IS ON!

Streets of Rage 1 on Hardest? Not hard at all.

Streets of Rage 2 on Hardest? A joke in the beginning, gets difficult toward the end.

Streets of Rage 3 on Hard? Oh. My. Freaking. God. IMPOSSIBLE.

Fri May 08, 2009 11:38 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Frost wrote:
Streets of Rage 1 on Hardest? Not hard at all.

Streets of Rage 2 on Hardest? A joke in the beginning, gets difficult toward the end.

Streets of Rage 3 on Hard? Oh. My. Freaking. God. IMPOSSIBLE.

I agree x100000

Streets of Rage 2 on hardest starts getting hairy around level 6.
I hate SOR3 with a passion. Gives me a reason why I want a [legitimate, Sega-released] sequel to come out and give the series a good name in the States again.

WHAT.

The CODE: 1247-4963-6472

Sat May 09, 2009 10:31 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Rant alert: Streets of Rage 3 is actually my favorite game of the series (and 2 is my least favorite). Highly unpopular opinion, I know.

SOR3 plays like SOR2 but brought back the cool things that 2 removed from the original, like being able to hold onto your weapons and grab enemies at the same time, being able to do team attacks with another player, being able to still fight if an enemy grabs you from behind and having interactive environments. Having the special meter that allows you to perform special attacks without health penalties is great, dashing and rolling are great, weapon blitz attacks are cool and upgraded blitz attacks are awesome. The fighting is so much more streamlined than its prequel; I often say in the chatroom that SOR2 plays like a stupid version of SOR3. After playing SOR3 so much lately, I play SOR2 and it just frustrates me. In SOR1/SOR3 you can punch, punch, grab, knee, knee, throw seamlessly. In SOR2 it's a different story. The game just feels more awkward than the others to me.

SOR3 has a couple of minor changes that annoy me: I absolutely hate that enemies can consume your health pickups and I'm not a fan of the weapons being limited in their use by a health meter of their own. On the other hand, these additions do force you to play the game more strategically, whereas it was really simple to just pick up a pipe and smash your way through entire levels in SOR2. The other major drawbacks, the difficulty and the changed character color palettes, are all Sega of America's fault because the Japanese version was a lot easier (I actually think it's TOO easy after playing so much of the American version) and had the characters in their original color schemes.

That said, I can still get the perfect ending in SOR3 on Normal difficulty without fail. I can beat Shiva, Axel/Break, Yamato, Robot X, Dr. Dahm and the final boss without dying (Mona and Lisa can go either way, as those cows are annoying, and Jet pisses me off more than any other boss in the series). I've been trying to get to that point on Hard and it's just not happening. Rounds 3-4 eat my lives for lunch and then Round 5 usually finishes me off pretty quickly after that.

Sun May 10, 2009 12:36 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I do agree with you that Yamato is the best boss in the whole series.
It just bugs me how in SOR3 you take so much more damage than you would in BK3. They really Ninja Gaiden-ed it up, if you know what I'm saying.

WHAT.

The CODE: 1247-4963-6472

Sun May 10, 2009 8:16 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

You really don't, though. In fact, you take way more damage in BK3 if you use a special move before the meter is full than if you do the same thing in SOR3. SOR3's difficulties are actually equivalent to the next level of BK3's same difficulty. So SOR3 Easy is BK3 Normal, SOR3 Normal is BK3 Hard, etc.

Sun May 10, 2009 10:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]