Do you agree that I am correct
Yes 60%  60%  [ 9 ]
No 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
Maybe 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 15

Important: About Shineys 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

A while back i was playing Fire red and i was using an action replay to catch all the pokemon and lvl 4 and lower outside of viridian so i could train and select their movesets, i was using the encounter cheat until i got up to nidoqueen, i checked nidoqueen's box, started the game and went into the grass. the battle sequence started and a brown/purple nidoqueen flashed on my screen, i caught it and i have it in my pc.

my point is that you do not have a higher chance of catching a shiney if you constantly encounter that kind of pokemon.

e.g. i search through thousands of pidgeys and encounter a shiney.

you are as likely as catching a shiney pidgey out of thousands of pidgey as a haunter on the 3rd floor of pokemon tower.

Am i correct about this or was i lucky about catching the shiney nidoqueen
( I was not using the shiney cheat)

Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ac30003000 wrote:
my point is that you do not have a higher chance of catching a shiney if you constantly encounter that kind of pokemon.

Yes, that's correct. The chances of finding a shiny remains at 1/8192 no matter how many wild pokemon you find.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Depends on whether you're looking for a specific shiny... for example, I've been looking for a shiny {gastly} (which has an aura of brilliant blue rather than deep purple), without using an Action Replay or other method of ensuring {gastly} is the only Pokemon that shows up. By searching in the Pokemon Tower where the encounter rate for {gastly} is highest, I maximise my odds of finding a shiny one.

My odds of finding a shiny {gastly} are 1/8192 multiplied by the percentage of Pokemon encounters that are {gastly} (which I think is 85% in the Pokemon Tower where I'm searching)... which comes to 1 in 9638. My odds of finding a shiny are still 1 in 8192, but the chance of that shiny being {gastly} is slightly lower.

Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:55 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i hate cheating but even ive found a few shiny pokemon, like vileplume and rayquaza(friends but i can clone). i have a few more but im currently looking for a shiny jolteon, but i know it will be extremely hard

CaN YoU SeE ThE SecreT MessagE
~~~Flaming Aura Unknown~~~
Thanks !www.pokecharms.com!
http://www.myspace.com/ade_ade_ade_ade

Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

From my experiences, shiny Pokemon tend not to pop up when you're deliberately searching for them (of course this is just by chance though).

Just relax and do what you normally do, and perhaps you might be surprised one day, like I was. I was fishing for Feebas (I had forgotten which ones were the Feebas squares), and only fished up Carvanha. Then, a shiny Carvanha showed up (I nearly jumped off my seat lol).

Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:05 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

well, if you think of it as a roulette wheel, theres 8000(rough) numbers on it and a star. Each time you find a pokemon, th wheel spins, if it lands on one of the 8000 numbers, its normal, but if it lands on a star, its a shiny

Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:33 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think that you may be slightly more likely to find a shiny in the Safari Zone.

My reasoning is because you do have to spend a lot of time hunting down {scyther} {tauros} {chansey} {kangaskhan} {pinsir} {dratini} {dragonair} and thus you are likely to run into a lot of the same Pokemon over and over and over again.

That may just be my opinion due to the fact that I caught a shiny {nidoran m} while looking for Chansey.

Our shinies:

Sister: {nidoking} {machoke} {beautifly} {geodude} {abra}

Brother: {nidoking}

Somehow we both got the same first shiny, no hacking, just dumb luck.

Games between us:

Sister: Fire Red, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond

Brother: Blue, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Pearl, Red Rescue Team

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:56 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I think that you may be slightly more likely to find a shiny in the Safari Zone.

You have a 1/8192 chance of seeing a shiny at any given point in time. Period, at least in RSE/FRLG.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My reasoning is because you do have to spend a lot of time hunting down {scyther} {tauros} {chansey} {kangaskhan} {pinsir} {dratini} {dragonair} and thus you are likely to run into a lot of the same Pokemon over and over and over again.

That may just be my opinion due to the fact that I caught a shiny {nidoran m} while looking for Chansey.

The chance remains the same: 1/8192 for each pokemon found. However, because you have found more pokemon, you have a higher overall chance of finding a shiny. (But finding 8192 pokemon does not guarantee a shiny will be among those). But it's not really the chance of finding a shiny that's changing: If you found as many pokemon outside of the Safari Zone as you did inside, you would have the same overall chance.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]