It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Nintendo to start banning AR users 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nintendo has every right to ban Action Replay users from using WiFi. The company owns Pokemon AND the WiFi connection. So, if they feel they aren't pulling in truckloads of cash because kids and adults everywhere have taken advantage of their precious money-makers using things like Game Sharks and Action Replays, they can go and restrict any WiFi user on the planet, and it wouldn't matter if they did anything or not, because it would make more people come to their events and actually purchase Event Pokemon like Darkrai, Aruseusu, and Shaymin, along with Poketch Apps and a variety of merchandise, thus bringing in even millions of dollars, much more than they make currently due to cheating devices. And while all the banned users think Nintendo will forgive them and allow them to once again use WiFi connection, I sincerely hope they prepare for the worst, as Nintendo CAN sue users of cheating devices, even if the companies who sell such things remind the customers their products are not associated with Nintendo and that they should be cautious while using them. Fortunately, I doubt the creators of Pokemon will sue unless they are losing major amounts of money because of cheaters.

And, for all those who believe Action Replay's designers/owners will lose quite a lot of money also, keep in mind they supply codes for other games from other companies as well, so it probably won't matter too much to them if their users are being banned, although the whole reason their sales are going up is because of Diamond and Pearl. Meh, they had it coming, and I'm guessing they'll find ways to make hacked Pokemon look so legit that Nintendo won't even suspect the owner of the Pokemon used a cheating device to get them. But even then, I believe using codes leaves some kind of tag in your game data, doesn't it?

With all that out of my system, I can say that I'm glad that Nintendo is finally taking action and banning cheaters. I do feel sorry for some of them (preferably the ones who cheat for Event Pokemon), as there is the possibility they have no Nintendo Events taking place anywhere near them (take me for example: I live in Kansas, Nintendo Events in America are held in New York, and I certainly don't have money to purchase a plane ticket, and if I did I wouldn't use it for game data, so I'd use cheats as well if I had to), or they have no way of getting to one. As for cheaters who hack shinies and the national dex, they need to get occupied with some other game.

Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

(take me for example: I live in Kansas, Nintendo Events in America are held in New York, and I certainly don't have money to purchase a plane ticket, and if I did I wouldn't use it for game data, so I'd use cheats as well if I had to), or they have no way of getting to one. As for cheaters who hack shinies and the national dex, they need to get occupied with some other game.

Your no better by doing that. Cheating is cheating, plain and simple. The event pokemon are made specially for those people who go to events. If they wanted everyone to have them they'd put them in the game normally. Any hacker should be banned.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:28 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Okay, seriously, the event pokemon are hard to get, yes?

Well think about it though. Some of us will never EVER get an event pokemon in our lives. It's not our fault, it's just circumstances.

Do you think every single pokemon trainer in the real pokemon world can get themselves an event pokemon?

No.

This is possibly the best way Nintendo could get the message across as to how rare they are.

So there are some rare Pokemon that you will never in your life get to see. Be thankful for what you have. Very few Pokemon are the same, I'm sure everyone has at least completely unique pokemon that makes them and their team special.

And that's what pokemon's about.

Cheaters are like the poacher from Pokemon;2000.

And the world will turn to ash...

*bursts inot flames and dies*

www.youtube.com/ThePlastikOne

www.youtube.com/PsychesEntertainment

Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:18 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:41 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, seriously, the event pokemon are hard to get, yes?

Well think about it though. Some of us will never EVER get an event pokemon in our lives. It's not our fault, it's just circumstances.

Do you think every single pokemon trainer in the real pokemon world can get themselves an event pokemon?

No.

This is possibly the best way Nintendo could get the message across as to how rare they are.

So there are some rare Pokemon that you will never in your life get to see. Be thankful for what you have. Very few Pokemon are the same, I'm sure everyone has at least completely unique pokemon that makes them and their team special.

Exactly what I've been saying. Atleast they give out more than 1 event pokemon. They're giving everyone Darkrai who shows up to the movie in Japan but in the RL of pokemon, there's only 1 Darkrai. So only 1 person could EVER get it. Think about it.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hey, I never said I WOULD cheat, so stop blaming people.

So, really, those who cheat for events because they will NEVER receive a legit one, no matter what, aren't as bad as people who cheat for shinys and the national dex. But of course, it's just game data, so they're still...kinda bad.

And, fyi, I HAVE used an AR before, but not on Diamond/Pearl. So, yeah, I'm "no better than all the other cheaters" because I used it in the PAST? Oh boy, am I in trouble. :/

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
Is there a way for Nintendo to tell if you used AR to get an Event item (e.g Oak's Letter) then catch the Event Pokemon using that item and trading it on WiFi? Using AR for that reason only isn't as bad as using it to get a bunch of superly awesome pokemon.

8 D

Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey, I never said I WOULD cheat, so stop blaming people.

So, really, those who cheat for events because they will NEVER receive a legit one, no matter what, aren't as bad as people who cheat for shinys and the national dex. But of course, it's just game data, so they're still...kinda bad.

And, fyi, I HAVE used an AR before, but not on Diamond/Pearl. So, yeah, I'm "no better than all the other cheaters" because I used it in the PAST? Oh boy, am I in trouble. :/

Your not in trouble for hacking, your just looked down upon by some. Your just justifying your cheating to make yourself feel better. Can I use the same excuse to say "I'd never win a battle otherwise so I cheated! Its okay because I never would have won normally".

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: On the back of a stampeding Tauros squealing, "WHEEE!"

On a slightly more on-point note, I heard this was a complete and utter rumor started by a middle school student.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Original, that's different.

How? His reasoning is "because I can't do it normally". Cheating is cheating, plain and simple.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

On a slightly more on-point note, I heard this was a complete and utter rumor started by a middle school student.
I seriously hope so. I've hacked a lot of stuff, but I dont cheat against other people...

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I mentioned this topic on the PE2K forums and they basically just laughed and said, some junior high student made it up. Others said someone made it up to scare people from using AR (apparently it's working).

Honestly though, if you really want to use AR and not get banned from Wi-Fi (if this REALLY IS going to happen, which I doubt now) then you could always just buy a separate game, use AR on that, and trade hacked stuff to your original game. Since according to the rumor, stuff received in trades won't affect it, you should be in the clear.

I'd had no idea that Nintendo hadn't even come out and confirmed this. I mean, they have yet to deny or confirm it, and I wouldn't want to take the risk if I used AR, but still. I think AR users are in the clear.

@Original: It's different because there is no harm in getting, say, a hacked Shaymin. The only harm that could do is *possibly* to your cartridge and if you try to pass it off as legit to other people in trade. Your example, on the other hand, is crossing the line because it involves cheating to actually beat out someone else. But yea, that doesn't necessarily need to be further discussed here..

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:54 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: On the left side of the street... Take THAT Society!
well, i'm not sure what to believe, but shadow said in a different topic that two of his pokemon centers have the downstairs blocked...

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters <- Go

Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DP uses the Action Replay and, to my knowledge, has had no such problem. It probably doesn't have to do with AR.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:00 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

DP uses the Action Replay and, to my knowledge, has had no such problem. It probably doesn't have to do with AR.

You never know, there are some weird sideffects from the AR. I'm not sure if you know anything about manual hex editing (which is basically what the AR does) but any slight miscalculation or triggering something at a wrong time could cause anything from a wild level 1 shiny arceus to appear in a pokemon center to having the hulk be your new trainer sprite. Obviously it can't be the hulk but it could change your characters look/color. I've been hex editing halo for quite some time and there are similar repercussions from any hex editing.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That's true, Original. Point is though, that wouldn't have to do with Nintendo "banning" him from Wi-Fi, that would have to do with, like you said, AR making an error.

The only way Nintendo could "ban" you from Wi-Fi is to ban your friend code. Even then, you can just reset your DS clock or restart your game and you'll have a new one. It's not really something that's manageable.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4