It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 N00bs on Pokemon battles revolution. 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
Only go on pokemon battles revolution's WFC if your prepared to face n00bs! The first person I battled had a Dialga and he used it, but I managed to win. The second person I battled had a team full of 5 legendaries and an Empoleon. In the battle, he used Empoleon, Jirachi, Groudon and Kyogre and creamed me with n00b power. Has anyone else experienced horrible defeats by n00bs who can't win without using legendaries?

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:17 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

You're right - 100% of the opponents I've faced have had at least two legendaries in their teams.

I haven't lost to any of them yet, but I've had a few close calls. My assumption is that they're kids who don't know how to EV train or set good moves. I suppose a bit of it is luck too. I'm sure someone with a fully EV trained legendary team would rock my face. Meh.

Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
His team only hjad one Oober, Dialga, but when I took his friend pass later, his Spiritomb was hacked [Met at lvl 100] and so was his Blaziken! [Met at lvl 66]

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

ya I know what you mean i have been having to use 3 ubers just to keep up with all the hackers/n00bs. I even plan on making a list of what pokemon ppl are using on wifi random battles and putting it up, mabey it will give us a counter to them all :twisted: i have seen entire teams that were hacked, i thought nintendo was cracking down on them too. i mean realy, a lvl 100 shiny spheal, common. however i have found brick break a great counter on most of the OO pokemon on wi-fi. but as of now ill be saying that the hoenn legendaries, TTar, lucario, blazekin, infernape, and gengar seem to be pretty popular.

i ran away from a shiny sniff...

Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:22 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

all the guys I fought so far are guys with rentel pokes, but one guy had {dialga} , {palkia} , {lugia} ,and {charizard} beat him anyway

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

all the guys I fought so far are guys with rentel pokes, but one guy had {dialga} , {palkia} , {lugia} ,and {charizard} beat him anyway

Still a n00b, but charizard isn't a legendary so you can't call someone a n00b for using one.

Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:32 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yea, I faced all n00bs on day one of the release. Now its about 50% n00bs, 40% hackers, and 10% of people who know what they are doing. I guess most of them got scared off, lol. But the only thing I don't like about facing n00bs is I don't see the looks one their faces when their rayquaza trys to use fly on my machamp, but gets blasted mid air by ice punch :lol: . As for hackers well I am not ashamed to lose to them but take great pride in beating them (too bad I can't trash talk).

Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well, if they use ubers, and you lose, it means you are not good. People who use them generally do not know anything about resists or strategies, which is where I take the lead.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:02 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ugh, I hate this. It makes me not even want to play online. It's just uber team after uber team, no variety. I beat them sometimes, though. Kyogre is my biggest problem since my team has a pretty big weakness to water. :? (I know that's my problem though. Still trying to figure out a suitable Pokemon to balance things out.) Although, It's a good feeling when you defeat them, since you know there is some 11-year old screaming at his television wondering why his team of legendary Pokemon lost.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, if they use ubers, and you lose, it means you are not good. People who use them generally do not know anything about resists or strategies, which is where I take the lead.
'You know, I have to disagree with you there. That one guy I battled had a wicked stratagy. He took huge adventage of my teams low speed stats. Then for my lucario, he simply took it out with a powerful earthquake. Lucario just wasn't powerful enough to get the already damaged Grouden out. Well, I at least managed to take out his Empoleon and his Grouden later on.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:27 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

all the n00bs i battle i have'nt lost to but they overly abuse dialga and palkia but i take them down anyway. only lost once but to a worthly foe.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:41 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

all the n00bs i battle i have'nt lost to but they overly abuse dialga and palkia but i take them down anyway. only lost once but to a worthly foe.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Gal wrote:
'You know, I have to disagree with you there. That one guy I battled had a wicked stratagy. He took huge adventage of my teams low speed stats. Then for my lucario, he simply took it out with a powerful earthquake. Lucario just wasn't powerful enough to get the already damaged Grouden out. Well, I at least managed to take out his Empoleon and his Grouden later on.

Well, I manage through by practicing against the guy in Stargazer Colosseum Set 8-3 (starts with ubers) and 8-4, 5/6 of his pokemon are just legendaries. Also Lucario is weak IMO

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:13 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Treeckoluv wrote:
Gal wrote:

Well, I manage through by practicing against the guy in Stargazer Colosseum Set 8-3 (starts with ubers) and 8-4, 5/6 of his pokemon are just legendaries. Also Lucario is weak IMO

Dude, you just can't call someone weak. If you call me not good, I will always laugh at your pitiful face and dip you in a river of molten lava. Plus, Lucario isn't weak.
Lucario's base stats:
HP: 70
Attack: 110
Defense: 70
Sp.attack: 115
Sp.defense: 70
Speed: 90
Overall: 525
You call that weak? As much as I hate to argue, sometimes I have to.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:23 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

IMO = In my opinion, which is why is small because personal opinion or biased statement that has little support. Reason why I think that is because people who use it, I always one-shot it before they attack (unless it has that speed scarf, it would die after it attacks), but I wont say more since it is starting to turn into a Lucario topic.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:35 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]