It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
 Pokemon Mystery Dungeon General Questions Thread 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sounds like something might of gone wrong when saving or trading items?

Though you should describe it, i've never heard of a glitch like that.

If it's something where a dungeon won't appear, try raising your rescue rank (I had to do that to get Magma Cavern to appear on Blue) or looking up how exactly to unlock that dungeon.

I'm not sure if the rumor has spread here, but some places say that if you are defeated and require rescue more then 10 times (Might of been more, but whatever), it deletes all of your saved data.

I've tested in my MD Blue game and nothing whatsoever has come up, i've died purposely over 50 times already to transfer items to my Red game.

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:37 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well it attacked my silver as well... I was looking at an online guide I had just beat the ice gym. The guide said you would get a call from Oak I didn't.
And I don't think it's my rank either. I had gold rank.

The glitch makts it like totaly impossible to get further no matter what you do and that's all the glitch does.At least that's all I know. It may have been saving though. but I never have traded once. I have been rescued once or twice.

Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:33 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Well it attacked my silver as well... I was looking at an online guide I had just beat the ice gym. The guide said you would get a call from Oak I didn't.
And I don't think it's my rank either. I had gold rank.

The glitch makts it like totaly impossible to get further no matter what you do and that's all the glitch does.At least that's all I know. It may have been saving though. but I never have traded once. I have been rescued once or twice.

Yes, you get a call from Professor Elm saying: "I was just listening to the radio broadcasts. They kept saying something about Team Rocket....". That's when you unhijack the Radio Tower and get the Rainbow Wing (Gold), Silver Wing (Silver), or Clear Bell (Crystal). Can't progress? That must be painful. Fortunately I never had viruses in my games - just the occasional mind-wipe of one of my games. (It was just that game, nothing else. I'm rebuilding my empire from ashes! Gah!)

Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I just got abra and natu And like instantly evolved him to alakazam :)

Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:24 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i need to know, my umbreon has a IQ of 7, its lv 69, will its IQ go to 8 when it gets to lv 70? :?:

oh, i am new here, so can someone please tell me where the rules are and things, by pm, i dont want anyone getting in trouble because of me...

sorry for SPAMing... :(

Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:30 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

i need to know, my umbreon has a IQ of 7, its lv 69, will its IQ go to 8 when it gets to lv 70?

No, IQ increases only when you feed it Gummies. A bit more info can be found on the IQ Skills Guide: http://www.psypokes.com/dungeon/iqskills.php

Quote:
oh, i am new here, so can someone please tell me where the rules are and things, by pm, i dont want anyone getting in trouble because of me...

You can find the Forum Rules here: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/rules.php

In any case, welcome to Psypoke.

Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:48 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Please use this as a thread to ask general questions from now on, so as to prevent the Mystery Dungeon forum section from becoming clogged up with small threads asking simple questions.

Sat May 12, 2007 7:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi, I'm new here. Just to ask, which Pokemon is best to be my partner if i'm {eevee} ?

Thanks for answering!

Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:42 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

If you got to those towers that make you lv 1 will you stay as a lv 1 all the time???

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:18 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

No you won't. You are able to level up in the dungeon, and when you clear the dungeon or get out from it, everything will return back to normal. (:

Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Under a bridge playing chess with an enchanted pony
Anyone know where I can get Blue rescue team for Gameboy Advanced

Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

A game store? Or you can probably purchase one online if you do a proper search on sites such as ebay.

Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:00 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Last I checked, Red Rescue Team was the GBA game, while Blue Rescue Team was only for the DS.

Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Recently I saw some videos on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and I have to say it looks fun. What I'd like to know, however, before buying it, is how exactly the game works. From what I gather, you Are the pokemon, and you're in some sort of team... and you get to recruit Pokemon? But is it like, catching them? Or do they just help you? And which pokemon can you get? (Hoenn only, Kanto only, Johto only...?)

If someone could explain the game in some detail would be amazing.

Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
Well you're a humain transformed into a pokemon who joins a rescue team and sets off to help pokemon in need. You explore dungeon and resque pokemon trapped in them.
The recruiting feature is sorta like "Catching" them. Each pokemon has a number [EX: 43%] that determines the catch rate. Every time time you defeat another pokemon it has a rando percent chance of joining your rescue tema. You can then add them to your party [Sort of like you "Team"] and later use them as the main character.
For further information, please go mto this link:
http://www.psypokes.com/dungeon/dungeons.php
BUT, I don't recommend you get it. Almost every Psypokian was alured because it looked cool, but then we all played and became bored of it in nearly a day. Avoid.

Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Well you're a humain transformed into a pokemon who joins a rescue team and sets off to help pokemon in need. You explore dungeon and resque pokemon trapped in them.
The recruiting feature is sorta like "Catching" them. Each pokemon has a number [EX: 43%] that determines the catch rate. Every time time you defeat another pokemon it has a rando percent chance of joining your rescue tema. You can then add them to your party [Sort of like you "Team"] and later use them as the main character.
BUT, I don't recommend you get it. Almost every Psypokian was alured because it looked cool, but then we all played and became bored of it in nearly a day. Avoid.

*lightly punches Blazikendude for even suggesting not to get it*
That game's awesome. It does last a long time, and hard to get every Pokemon on the team, but I've found it so worth it. And I'm not even done yet. I do recommend you get it, as it's a great game in general.

In fact, I joined Psypoke just for the PMD section. Yes, it's true.

- DNA

Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
Blazikendude wrote:

*lightly punches Blazikendude for even suggesting not to get it*
That game's awesome. It does last a long time, and hard to get every Pokemon on the team, but I've found it so worth it. And I'm not even done yet. I do recommend you get it, as it's a great game in general.

In fact, I joined Psypoke just for the PMD section. Yes, it's true.

- DNA
I'm not saying it sucks, I'm just saying that if their was a sequel I wouldn't get it.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:47 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

1. How exactly do wondermails work? I know that they involve big long series of code with lots of question marks in them, and supposedly the person comes onto your game... but how can another person come on your game if you're not connected to WiFi?

2. I always watch videos of people saying "z0mg you caught Ho Oh, Rayquaza, etc..." but most of these are 99.9% in the Psydex...so is there REALLY 99.9% chance of getting all of them. And when you recruit these legendaries, can you put them in your group? Even if they're massive like Rayquaza?

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:17 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

1. How exactly do wondermails work? I know that they involve big long series of code with lots of question marks in them, and supposedly the person comes onto your game... but how can another person come on your game if you're not connected to WiFi?

It's basically a method for transferring information from another person's game to your game, and not actually getting another person to come into your game. One way in which Wonder Mail can be used is via Rescue Missions. For example, when you are defeated in a dungeon, you will be given a Wonder Mail code, which you can give to a friend. Your friend can then input that Wonder Mail code, and a mission to rescue you will be available in your friend's game. I won't go much further into details, so please let me know if you need further clarifications.

Quote:
2. I always watch videos of people saying "z0mg you caught Ho Oh, Rayquaza, etc..." but most of these are 99.9% in the Psydex...so is there REALLY 99.9% chance of getting all of them.

Most of these Legendaries appear as "bosses", and are often quite tricky to beat if you aren't at a high level. In addition, several Legendaries such as Groudon have negative recruitment percentages. As such, it is quite an achievement to recruit a Legendary. For more information about recruiting Legendaries, use the Legendaries guide here: http://www.psypokes.com/dungeon/legendaries.php

Quote:
And when you recruit these legendaries, can you put them in your group? Even if they're massive like Rayquaza?

You can, as long as the total body size of your party doesn't exceed six stars. For instance, Legendaries like Rayquaza have a body size of 4 stars, and so can be placed together in a party with two other Pokemon of size 1 star.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ok, thank you for clearing up the whole wondermails thing, but do the two DS need to be on a WiFi in order to do Wondermails?

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:43 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Nope. No connection needs to be made between the two games. That's the good thing about Wonder Mail.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have another question...how do I give a gummi to my partner before I have the "Make Leader" option?

Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have another question...how do I give a gummi to my partner before I have the "Make Leader" option?

here is how i do it...
get in a dungeon, throw the roper gummy to your partner...
if he eats it, then good...

if he dodges it and is holding an item, throw it again...

if he catches it, go to item, and go to your partner's holding slot, and click use.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

What exactly is a wondermail?

Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok, and just one more question...

What exactly is a wondermail?

Wondermail- a functional code used in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon to rescue Non-player Pokemon in a floor of dungeon.

Note that there are generators where you can generate the dungeon, pokemon, reward, mission types, etc.

You can find the wondermail code in your job list or near the Pelipper Mail House bulletin board.

The wondermail would appear at the very bottom of your mission info.

Wondermail is also used to recruit version exclusive Pokemon...

Blazikendude wrote:
I'm not saying it sucks, I'm just saying that if their was a sequel I wouldn't get it.

You don't know how to take a break from thos almost-similar trainer games like emerald and LG do you....? (and I do have emerald and LG... the nature-stats factor in emerald always make me wants to restart my treecko...)

The fun thing is in PMD, a grass type can beat almost every types that iti s weak against........... a single tackle from my Meganium without much stats boost can beat a glalie in Mt. faraway

I HAVE A QUESTION!!.... ;)

Is there a maximum amount of SOS message that I can have in my pelipper mailbox?

Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next