It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:28 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tournament Rules, Waiting List and Sign-up Links 
it's like a baguette

For setting up a tournament, the rules necessary are as follows:

1. You may not refer to it as an "official" Psypoke tournament. We will not be affiliated with anyone's tournament in any way.

2. There will not be more than two active tournaments at one time.

3. Don't bother any staff members about anything related to your tournaments. If someone cheats, calls you a name, etc. outside of this forum, we really won't care. Tournament directors should take responsibility.

4. It must have a set schedule for sign-ups, matches, and finishing up. Furthermore, it shouldn't take more than a month at most for everything. When it is finished, tell a mod to lock it.

5. There will be no entry fees, and a prize for winners is optional.

6. It cannot break any extra site/forum rules. This includes discussion within the topic. If possible try to do as much as you can in PMs. Posting to say "I'm ready to battle" "yeah, me, too" "sure" "that was close" "good game" etc are examples of what can be done in PMs.

7. Any posted before they are given permission will be locked and redirected here.

And if you plan on setting up a tournament, you must post here to sign up for one. In order to keep this moving as smoothly as possible, there will be a waiting list updated continually.

To sign up, you must post here with a brief description including the aimed length of the tournament. Try to make it so that it doesn't require too many people or an extremely long amount of time. After you post here, you will be granted permission (if it seems good enough), and after you are told you can do so, you may create a sign up thread for your tournament. This sign up thread will be locked until the start of the tournament and will have everything done via PM.

Active tournaments:
Emin Jofit's UPGL (Unofficial Psypoke Gym League) Leader Tournament

Waiting list:

In Limbo:

Last edited by Cherrygrove on Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Updated, added Limbo for tournies that I have no clue about anymore

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:00 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well hi!!! I'm the... I guess the director of the tournament that is going to be the first 32 contestant one and its just called Tournament. I plan on starting it on the 11th of July and each round will take about 2 days just to be fair since everyone doesn't get on everyday you know? Well so it will end by the 21st is that ok? Well just to let you know the two other tournaments that you have as open are or have been over for a while well thanks for the info and for being good and understanding mods :D :D :D

Good.

Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:04 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hola, I am the director of the Jirachi Cup. I did plan on starting July 1st. Each Round will take 3 days. So, it will probably end around the 15th.

If this is a problem, please PM me.
Thank-You

Good.

!Wi-FI Records!

1-2
Stefan

1590-1384-2241

Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:51 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Well, seeing as nothing seems to be happening with anything else, I'll allow the Jirachi Cup tournament to start. Post here when you're done.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So then after it is done mine will begin?right ?

You're next on the list, so yes.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:05 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm the host of the Wi-Fi Breeding tournament. I planned my tournament to start on July 23rd, holding 1 round per week for 4 weeks/rounds (I have a lot of half week events during the summer), ending sometime between the 13th and the 18th of August.

Good.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I would like to hold a 16 Player Double Elimination tournament after everyone elses. It would take place in 2-3 Days depending on how slow the matches are. If you need specifics just PM me.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:23 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Tournament," the next one on the list has been reopened and can start now.

CLaSsicK has been added to the list.

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:42 am
Illiterate
Illiterate

I would like to hold a tournament called the "Pokemon Battle City Tournament" and it will start on July 26th and end on July 27th, tournament sign ups will be any time before the 26th. It will require about 10-15 people.

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I would like to point out that airman33 is no longer able to host his tournament due to the fact he is now lacking a computer. No one is able to really take responsibility for it, I am sure he would like to have it locked temporarily as to let him resume it when he gets another computer.

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:25 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I've allowed the Breeding Tournament to start up again and put airman33's temporarily back to the waiting list. (And he/someone should post here about it when/if it can start again)

Mewsix: You're tournament has been added, but I can honestly tell you not to expect anything to happen before August.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:28 am
Illiterate
Illiterate

I've allowed the Breeding Tournament to start up again and put airman33's temporarily back to the waiting list. (And he/someone should post here about it when/if it can start again)

Mewsix: You're tournament has been added, but I can honestly tell you not to expect anything to happen before August.

Ya, you're probably right,can I post-pone it until the 3rd of August an let it end on the 4th of August?

Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:38 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have decided to postpone/cancel my tournament. I am unsure if I will completely cancel it, but I would like to have Mewsix advanced to being before me as so that his tournament can start as soon as possible.

I am so sorry for the inconvenience,

- ClassicK

Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:43 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I cannot guarantee any certain start dates for tournaments. Mexsix, you'll just have to wait until others finish. Also, your sign-up topic is supposed to collect sign-ups through PMs, so I've locked it and added the link to the waiting list.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:33 am
Illiterate
Illiterate

I cannot guarantee any certain start dates for tournaments. Mexsix, you'll just have to wait until others finish. Also, your sign-up topic is supposed to collect sign-ups through PMs, so I've locked it and added the link to the waiting list.

Okay....whatever, I might just cancel it then. I'll get back to you on that.

EDIT: I thought it over, and I WILL cancel it, so you can take it off the list.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:59 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Am I good to go ahead and start my tournament? I have been waiting for the go ahead for a while now.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:58 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I didn't promise any specific time, but you could have posted your thread to receive signups a while ago. You're also at the end of the list, so there are more before you. When you post it, PM it to me or post here. I'll lock it and add the link to the first post.

Anyway, the current two tournaments seem to have discontinued without noticing me again. Because of this, I've reopened the next two, "Tournament" and Silver101's, and bumped each thread.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:38 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh ok, just wondering because I hadn't seen any going in a while and now I know why. Ok so i'll go make my tournament real quick here. Um the list you mentioned, how long is it before we start getting close to where I am at?

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:44 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hi so sorry i didn't let you know or the people that are in my tournament that i was leaving to Mexico. Well to make a long story short I had to catch up in school which I did :D and now I have time for pkmn :D :D :D well a lil anyway.So I can now start my tournament thank you just giving you the head up.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:24 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I am so sorry for bugging you, but really what is the hold up. I tried registering for both tournaments and havent been contacted by any of the creators. Its been 5 days now and no activity whatsoever is coming out of the other tournaments...

Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:23 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Can I postpone my tournament since no one is checking in? and open it just for joining?

Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:38 am
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I've moved airman33's tournament to the postponed list. "Pokemon Battle City" is next, but the link says the "topic no longer exists". So unless someone updates me on that within a few days, we'll go to the next tournament.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:38 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

tiger10x wrote:

Okay....whatever, I might just cancel it then. I'll get back to you on that.

EDIT: I thought it over, and I WILL cancel it, so you can take it off the list.

Um IDK if you have seen this or not so.

Last edited by Zero Cool on Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:42 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

No, I didn't. Thanks. Your tournament has also been bumped and opened.

Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:31 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next