It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 My exprements in Pokemon...:-) 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

heh, I've been doing so many tests with pokemon I should change my name to Dr. Toxic! Anyway, here are some things i've found out here and there.

1. Assist can NOT pick Sketch! I tried to get my Skitty to use the sketch from my Smeargle but it always fails... sneaky sneaky people at gamefreak were one step ahead of me. This proably means that Metranome wil never pick sketch as well. I guess you can't Mimic or Mirror move Sketch as well.

2. Encore/Torrment Cycle. This combo makes the foe use the same attack it was encored, then struggle, repeat until encore finishes. If you time these two just right with a blocking move like mean look or block you can actually annoy the hell out of your friend :-)

I had a couple more but I can't remember them right now... One I think had to do with Imprison...Shoot! i'll post it when i remember.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I love that encore/torment idea! Are there any decent pokemon that learn them both? I think that should go into the odd movesets guide, wherever that is...

Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Um, well I tried this in a two on two battle using Wobbuffet and Nuzleaf in Pokemon Ruby. I never looked into seeing if a single pokemon could learn them both. Ideally this would be the moveset I would make with that stratagy...

Encore, Torment, Meanlook/block. Counter/etc.

of course no one said you had to do it on just one poke. You could just Torment first then baton pass to a Wobbuffet. (Off the th top of my head I think Umberon can learn Torment and Baton pass not sure on this.) Wobbuffet's shadow tag takes care of using Mean look and it can learn Encore as a Wynut.

I belive there is an Item or ability that a poke has that makes moves like furyswipes, double slap, etc. last longer. If the poke that encores has this item/ability i THINK it would make encore last longer. also, I'm not sure if the rounds spent using Struggle count towards the count of Encores... Off the top of mey had I think they don't beacuse techniclly the player didn't use the same move. But that stuff tends to fall into a battle rules gray area.
:-)

Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

hahaha....yes!!! i love these kind of experiments!!! dr toxic, you seem to have the same twisted mind that i do! :) :) :)

i once had my suicune up against an umbreon, and man it just played around with me like a cat with a mouse. first it used mean look. then taunt. then torment. since i only had one attacking move (surf, calm mind, rest, roar) all i could do was surf, struggle, surf, struggle,...... it used taunt every second turn and wish on the others. it wasnt trying to kill me, but just get rid of surf while taking hardly any damage. its a good way to nullify a tough opponent.

by the way, the other way to get the alternating struggle thing happening is to start with a choice bander :)

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:57 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

Theres this one experiment I did in my Diamond version. Try giving a pokémon with a multiple-attack move a metronome. Metronome raises the attack power of moves used multiple times in a row, and with the 5 hits of fury attack, Plus the pp of that move, You're invincible!

Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As Cuddles was saying about a Choice band Pokémon recieving a Taunt, Mr. Mime can pull off a Trick/Torment set, giving the opponent a Choice item and Tormenting them.

Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:04 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh16 ... lass-2.gif
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh16 ... lass-1.gif
pikachu420

Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{alakazam}@leftovers
-Torment
-Encore
-Recover/Calm Mind
-Psychic

Shame you can't give Alakazam Mean Look. Oh well, its good anyway!

Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]