It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Nintendo to start banning AR users 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: Northern CA (sorry peds not today) <('.'<) ^('.'^) (>'.')> ^_^ T_T <--- Kirby+Boredom
The reason why I'm most likely not getting the event pokemon is because I'm only 14 and nobody in my family would drive or is brave enough to drive (sissies) that far since I live in a small town. Anyway I'd just get them for the kick of it lol. Not everyone can drive anywhere they want. Those cheap cheats are pretty stupid though. I mean if you play pokemon expecting to be the very strong on the first day, then you're playing the wrong game lol. And um....please try to post wisely since this thread might get locked if it gets out of hand. (the post wisely thing applies to me too of course) Hope this doesn't offend anyone. :)

Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:01 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Seems like they're cracking down on non-legit legendaries, too. I don't mean Mew/Deoxys because I'm well aware of what happens when you cheat these pokemon.

I cheated a few Raikous on my FR game because 1) my Colosseum Raikou was Adamant 2) my FR Raikou was Brave and 3) I wanted some GTS bait. I tried to trade one on GTS, and it said "This pokemon cannot be traded!"

That's weird though, because I got a Palkia on GTS that was caught on some random route at level 51. :/

PixelTwist wrote:
Third, the GTS exists for a reason. People will go to events and get event pokémon legitimately. Then they'll put them on the GTS for a trade.

Or they'll use their Action Replay to unlock every event in Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen and use them on GTS to bait idiots. :)

Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Perhaps it was foolish for all this cheat device companies to go around bragging about how their products are "Not at all authorized by Nintendo!!!11!) :roll:

Name: Erik
Friend Code: 1160 9109 9627

Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm not supporting AR users, but, what about someone like me, who has OBVIOUSLY gotten illegitimate stuff? I don't want to do events, or offical nintendo tourneys, I just want to have fun trading, and battling people for FUN!!! I just want to be able to play with my girlfriend online sometimes, and, because I have illegal stuff, I can't? That is complete BS. Like I said, I'm not supporting AR users. But, my legit game, that, I recieve hacked stuff in trades, should be able to be used in Wi-Fi. It's never been touched with an AR, or any other type of code breaking equipment. I'm sure there's no one out there who has all legit stuff, especially with the likes of PokeSav out there. Unless they've never traded online and never used AR. I'm sure there will be many an angry person out there if we all have to start our games over from scratch and get everything we did again.

Any more info on this? For us non AR users that have hacks in our games?

Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:05 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Jeez, calm down and go back and read the first post. Nintendo is apparently banning people who use 1 of 3 codes.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

PokeSAV, there's a chance depending on how a person does it.
But with PokeSAV, you can make a pokemon look as normal as possible and even Nintendo won't even know if it's real or fake.
just make sure the pokemon don't have stats like 999 in everything =.=

Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Jeez, calm down and go back and read the first post. Nintendo is apparently banning people who use 1 of 3 codes.

Have you ever heard of making conversation? I read the first post, in fact, I read the entire thread. Doesn't mean I can't ask a few questions.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hmm.... while i'm not a fan of cheat devices, this would stink. in australia, they've never had nintendo events ever so how can they blame us for trying to get an event pokemon when the company's too cheap to have an event?

EDIT: W0000000000000000000t!!!!! nintendo events are finally coming to aus!

Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
nintendo events are going to australia? where did you find that out?

8 D

Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:47 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This is great news ! Finally it makes it fair to us who strive hard to get that pokemon.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:36 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm sooooo glad they're cracking down. Sure I traded for an Arceus (which is like 99.9999999% probably hacked) but everything else I have is legit and I plan on using the Arceus only to trade and nothing more. I don't like people who hack to catch all kinds of shinies and trade fake **** everywhere. Props to you Nintendo, I've been hoping you could do this since RBY

Last edited by OriGinaL on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have two questions: Is the "All 493 Pokemon" the same as the Wild Pokemon Modifier?

And, what if someone had a completely legit Lvl 100 Shiny Palkia? Would Nintendo be able to tell the difference? I mean, people DO get lucky, and it isnt that hard to get a Pokemon to lvl 100.

Last edited by ShadowTyranitar on Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

And, what if someone had a completely legit Lvl 100 Palkia? Would Nintendo be able to tell the difference? I mean, people DO get lucky, and it isnt that hard to get a Pokemon to lvl 100.

they sould, if not im dead because most of my pokemon will be lvl 100 by time any competitions start. and nintendo knows that some of us actualy work for our pokemon like we should :D

Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:32 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have two questions: Is the "All 493 Pokemon" the same as the Wild Pokemon Modifier?

And, what if someone had a completely legit Lvl 100 Shiny Palkia? Would Nintendo be able to tell the difference? I mean, people DO get lucky, and it isnt that hard to get a Pokemon to lvl 100.

The reason they can ban hacks is because the data is different. A legit lvl 100 Palkia, shiny or not, wouldn't have any problems. Hell you could get a Shiny Darkrai from the Nintendo Event if you get lucky enough and that'll still be fine. Anything LEGIT will work regardless.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hackers are always smarter than the developers of a game. If you've ever played an MMO, the wars between hackers and the devs is always fierce, but the hackers win with their sheer numbers.

I'll predict that most of these people will find workarounds for these bans, or ways to make "illegit" pokemon look legit. They did it for RSE (Before, you couldn't trade event pokemon because they didn't have a particular data piece. Then they found that data piece and made a code to add it) and they'll do it for P/D.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:20 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hackers are always smarter than the developers of a game. If you've ever played an MMO, the wars between hackers and the devs is always fierce, but the hackers win with their sheer numbers.

They're smarter but win because of numbers? Doesn't make sense. Anyway, it's not even true. The hackers have it easier than the devs. All the hackers have to do is make a file match, not hard. The devs have to try to find ways to hide things but still keep them ingame. I have actually developed games so I know what I'm talking about. Think about it, the game your playing is basically just a bunch of files Nintendo made and then gave to you. You have all the information right in front of you. Some things just don't match up when hacked. After time anyone with knowledge could piece together a puzzle. Nintendo's only hope is to make that puzzle extremely challenging. No dev will ever make a hack proof game unless the game is rigged to destroy itself if outside forces act upon it.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:53 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: Northern CA (sorry peds not today) <('.'<) ^('.'^) (>'.')> ^_^ T_T <--- Kirby+Boredom
If pokemon hackers are anything like mmo hackers, then most are probably just leechers... But you're right....if the people who actually made the hacks or found the codes didn't share it with others, then it would make it much easier for the developers. It's not too hard to keep up with hacking if regular patches are made but when there are a lot of hackers, it's hard.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:28 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:23 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Last edited by Darkprophet on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:37 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ok, so, in summation, hacking gets you banned, but having a hacked pokemon doesn't? Or is it just pokemon from the GTS? I have a couple of pokemon traded from people using friend codes, rather than using the GTS, that could be hacked. So this is worrying.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Basically...the way I see it. If Nintendo bans AR use, they'll get upset because they won't be making money. I don't support AR or anything, I just consider it fair play that we can get around Nintendo's stupid gimics and get a fair chance at those event pokemon. But...people abuse the AR system and try to be greedy, with the shinies and the "every pokemon" code.

I think...that AR provides a list of codes they professional code deisgners tested out, and make sure that it breaks Nintendo's grasp on the event legendaries, and still make it safe to use. (Basically, AR professionals make codes that don't screw up your game. And...they completely take safety percausions to make sure to tell you which codes not to mix and whatnot.)

It's the unprofessional people that make codes and puts them up online, thinking that they've breaked the system. What they really have done...as provided an UNSAFE way to obtain these pokemon, that CAN be harmful to your game. Nintendo sees this and tries to protect us from all AR activity, making sure that their games won't be hacked.

That's my opinion, and if anyone got the impression that I think Nintendo's banning is a bad thing, they're wrong. I'm just stating this "upgrade" from AR's point of views.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Last edited by OriGinaL on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've been reading around and it looks like you give advice sometimes its good but sometimes it sounds kind of offending. Maybe it'd be better if nobody gave advice that wasn't asked for? (Lol I'm doing it too)

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:35 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

What about people who get hacked pokemon from trade? Are they protected?

And FINALLY! im sick of people bragging about how they have all 493, when they were obviously hacked

!Wi-FI Records!

1-2
Stefan

1590-1384-2241

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next