It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Strategies for Happiness Evolutions 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to evolve my Eevee into Espeon these last two weeks. Unfortunatley, using haircuts every day is extremely slow, and I can't raise it too many levels or it will miss out on moves I want it too learn. Riding my bike back and forth is not an appealing prospect either.

What strategies do you use that you think are most effective to evolve happiness evolutions?

Edit: Im not asking to be linked to the Happiness page on the main site, I want to know what combination of happiness raisers/unusual things people do to evolve these pokemon.

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:48 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

http://psypokes.com/lab/happiness.php

happiness guide.

Thats about it - winning in important battles will have you level up too great. You could do vitamins, but they're expensive.

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:56 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I use a combination of vitamins and haircuts, but still rely heavily on levelling up.

You shouldn't be overly worried about missing moves that Espeon learns at lower levels. The only really useful level-up moves which Espeon learns are Psychic and Morning Sun, and Espeon learns these at levels 47 and 52 respectively. By the time your Eevee reaches these levels, it would have already evolved into Espeon =p

Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:04 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well, my Eevee is currently at level 25, and Morning Light and Psychic were the only two moves I wanted, but using the guide I figured if I leveled it up to 46 and say, I get one level a day+haircuts,and it only at the 100-149 level now... I suppose it might work out before it hits 47, especially if I save for as many vitamins I can.

It just seems so daunting trying to get 100+ points of happiness when they come in increments of 1 and 2 usually.

Thanks for the advice.

Question though; what exactly does winning important battles entail? Does the pokemon only have to show up once, and will it get credit?

Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:29 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Not too sure about that one, but my best guess would be that merely participating in the battle is sufficient.

Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:15 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Merely getting it into the hall of fame is enough, when beating the elites - you don't even have to use it.

Gym battles, however, need participation, i believe.

Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:57 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Fri May 11, 2007 5:04 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Get an eevee from an egg, so that you can start training it from level 5.
The one one at level 20 evolved for me at level 67 (without anything else, except maybe walking)

Sat May 12, 2007 6:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Post so
so basically for me my two options are run like a maniac wildly, level it up, or spend a boatload? I think ill take running like a maniac (also helps your pkmn in day-care)

Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm not telling you! Why do you want to know anyways?...Are you a stalker?!
give your {eevee} a soothe bell and dont let it faint.

Once there was a man who ate a poisonous grapefruit and died.The moral of the story:DON'T EAT POISON GRAPEFRUIT!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]