It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
 Lucario and the Mystery of Mew 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Dark Team Magma HQ {planning to capture Dark Groudon}
What did you think of the movie? I just watched the movie on cartoon network and i thought it was awesome. The prelude to the movie as rather long , but was still awesome. Lucario is really cool in the movie it is kind of sad. Well, post your thoughts on the movie.

Fri May 11, 2007 6:34 pm
Profile YIM
blah blah blah

I also saw the movie yesterday on cartoon network. I must say it's problably the worst pokemon movie ever. Lucario is awesome and Sir Erand looks like Riley the guy who gives you the riolu egg. The storyline was really terrible and i hated it. Here's what happened some lady attacks mew and mew kidnapps meowth and pikachu. Everyone goes to save pikachu they get attacked by the regis and antibodies till the end. Then Lucario sacrifices himself(Lucario's a hero so i hate that he died) to save the tree of beggining which we don't even know why it got damaged. I'm not saying it's a bad movie it just didn't have a good plot like the other stories.

Sat May 12, 2007 8:27 am
Illiterate
Illiterate

I saw it then too,I thought it was ok,but mabe the story could of been better,but it was over all pretty good.

Sun May 13, 2007 1:03 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I liked it, it was a lot more emotionally powerful than some of the movies, even though the storyline at its heart was the typical 'lets get Pikachu back' story.

Plus Lucario is awesome.

Sun May 13, 2007 2:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Beating gold version 7 times in a row effortlessly.
I only liked the Regis(as I had never heard them make noise before)
OMG My pika pika's gone!
Ok lets risk our sorry lives to get it back! and while we're at it, why not watch some attempted drama that Lucario tries to accomplish! WHOOOOT
A halfway relevant synopsis.

If anyone wants to trade me Protectors, Electrizers, or Magmarizers for stuff like Master Balls, Munchlax(s), or Starters(any gen) PM me.

Tue May 15, 2007 7:54 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Post K.P
Yeah interesting hearing the regis. Woah regice after it was blasted.
It was nice to see war going on rather then just the usual happy friend making even though it was just flashbacks.
1st time it saw the movie I was really mad that Lucario died I knew nothing about it and thought it was a legendary. Really hated when latios died in Heroes.
Man, I wanna play with mew... :P

Wed May 16, 2007 8:08 am
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i suppose it could have had a better story but it had its very good points like the war scenes with all of the pokemon in armor was cool. also i think it was cool how it shows when lucario is learning how to control aura even if it takes like 3 minutes of dodging logs

Sun May 20, 2007 11:02 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
Yeah, when I saw the previews for the movie, I thought it had potential, especially when they made it seem like Kidd was the bad guy(erm, girl). But, it turns out it's completely different than it was showed to be.

Somebody mentioned that the story lined sucked, which I semi agree with. I mean, come on! Pikachu goes missing, and then Ash decided hey! While we're at it, let's take our sweet time getting there, and have fun!

They finally arrived in at the Tree of Life, and are attacked by Regi etc. which didn't make sense if Lucario was there. First off, how did Sir Eron(did I spell right?) make it there withought getting attacked himself. He IS human.

They are attacked by anti bodies, then find out they don't attack Pokemon. Here's a great idea! Let's surround ourselves with Pokemon, and every time we're attacked, let's just pick one up and use it like a cross of life!

THEN, the Tree of Life almost dies, and they don't even say how. They mention some disreption of the Tree's cell body or some other Biological non sense, and then Lucario dies just to save a tree. Well, Mew as well.

Which brings me to another point. Wouldn't it suck, to try and save a Pikachu, and almost kill Mew and other Pokemon in the process? Bad Ash...

Well, I liked a few things, like the tournament at the beginning, though I wish we had seen more. The main thing is that the graphics weren't over done, like in Destiny Deoxys, which I watched today(Tivo'd it last weekend)

Lucario kicks butt at the begginning. But, what happened to its eyes? Why was it blind at the begginning? Doesn't make sense...

Doesn't matter, though. It's just an opinion.

Mon May 21, 2007 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

If you watched closely in the beginning when he was fighting the three houndooms one used sand attack on him so he like kept his eyes closed for a while which lead to when he came out and had his eyes still shut dont ask me whay he never decided to open them up earlier

Tue May 22, 2007 4:09 am
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

So he could see the aura, which is more reliable than his eyesight.

And I didn't see it on CN, but I own both the original version (Japanese with subs) and the DVD, and they DID explain why the tree started to die: when Mew brought the people back, it took too much energy, and sent both of their bodies into catastrophic shock.

Tue May 22, 2007 1:29 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Tue May 22, 2007 2:52 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Stop saying it sucked. It was better than Mewtwo Returns, and even better than Pokemon 2000, which has JIRARUDAN. Yeah, so it's the standard 'let's save pikachu and the world' story, but I LOVED the background story and all the angst-shippiness that goes with it. Lucario is <3, Aaron is <3, and so together they are awesome. So there.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:20 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, but is it really so hard to be cooler than Mewtwo Returns? I mean seriously, that special was really, shockingly bad.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:04 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: It's on Earth and the name begins with a letter between A and Z. Where am I?
SilverK.P wrote:
Yeah, interesting hearing the Regis. Woah Regice after it was blasted.
Regirurisu.
:shock:

SilverK.P wrote:
I was really mad that Lucario died I knew nothing about it and thought it was a legendary. Really hated when Latios died in Heroes.
Me too. I could list a few pages worth of follow-ups for both movies.

SilverK.P wrote:
Man, I wanna play with Mew... :P
Me too. (Again) But I actually have it. I got it from a Toys 'R' Us promotion! :D

I thought the movie was pretty good. Mainly just... Hmmm... Not the present-time plot!

Ione: We didn't do it for a reward! Besides, you used us!
Creator: What's wrong with that? I created everything.
Lane: We are not things!
Creator: How amusing... you are trying to pick a fight with me!

Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The movie wasn't that bad, stop complaining. I liked it, but I was really ticked off when CN cut off the credits just for some worthless previews for the next episode of some stupid show :evil: :evil:

Oh well, it was a lot better than what you think it is. I lubbers {mew} :D

^^^spongedude made this. He is AWESOME!!

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:09 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I didn't like most of the pokemon movies, but this movie was really good. Even though it had two of my least favorite characters in it (May and Max), I enjoyed the movie. I had to download it though, because after seeing Destiny Deoxys I lost all faith in the anime and didn't think it'd be worth buying. I was wrong...Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is my favorite pokemon movie now. It's even better than my previous favorite, the second movie.

Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

well it was ok i didn't understand alot of it when i first saw it but now that i've seen it like 20x i kinda liked it
i'd give it *** stars

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
('')_('') your signature to help him gain world domination

Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:26 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 18 posts ]