It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Experimental Movesets 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I had a couple Unorthodox movesets that came to me today that I haven't seen yet.

Blissey@Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 252 DF (maybe some in special attack)
*Ice Beam/Water Pulse
*Charge Beam/Thunder
*Charm/Aromatherapy
*Softboiled

The standard attacking Blissey is a Boltbeamer with calm mind. However, Charge Beam has a 140% chance of raising the special attack! So every time you use it, it will up the special attack and can leave a slot open for another move. WaterPulse and Thunder are also overlooked, and have a nasty 40/60% parafusion and would benefit a rain dance team.

The Strategy is to switch Blissey in and than Charm the attacker that comes on the switch. Then sweep with Charge/Ice Beam, becoming more deadly as the battle progresses. Charm will ensure Blissey is around for a LONG time.

My other concoction was Gallade:

Gallade@????
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Brave
EVs:????
*Hypnosis
*Focus Punch
*Destiny Bond
*Night Slash/Psycho Cut/Thunderpunch/Leaf Blade/Ice Punch

Gallade comes in, puts the opponent to sleep, and Focus Punches whatever comes in. When you predict the next hit will put your HP low (you need to be slow for this to work), use Destiny Bond. Now on the next turn, your opponent will either hit have to you and die, or eat a focus punch. The final slot depends on your team.

What you think of these sets? These are entirely experimental and some feedback is appreciated

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:03 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Team-Electrive,Magmortar,Milotic,Torterra,Staraptor and many others

Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Original and unexpected movesets; great work! :D I might just use these if I ever decide to do Competitive Battling.

Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:38 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: On the back of a stampeding Tauros squealing, "WHEEE!"
I love these movesets. My only concern is the Blissey/Charm combo. I mean, yea, it would lower the opponent's attack sharply, but Blissey's physical defense already sucks, meaning it would have to take hit after hit before finally whittling down attack enough. I might suggest a Baton Passer with Charm instead (if that's possible, I don't know). I'm just thinking Blissey might not be able to take several physical hits, especially if someone's packing Double Kick or something.

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:18 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Same here except Gallade can't learn leaf blade.

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:24 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

No, it can learn Leaf Blade. Gallade needs the Move Tutor for it, though.

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

RaikouLover, I must say I liked those movesets very much, above all the one of Gallade´s, it´s just brilliant, the thing is that if the opponent has a Ghost-type, Night Slash (my choice amongst the ones in the last stock) will help me out.

If I may also put some movesets I´ve been thinking of, I´ll do it (and apparently, I can).

Luxray @ Muscle Band
Ability: Rivalry
Nature: Adamant
EVs: Some for Att, Spd, and Defensive abilities (optional).
*Attract
*Quick Attack
*Ice Fang/Fire Fang/Bite
*Thunder Fang

. If the opponent is the same gender as Luxray, the latter will receive a power up, Muscle Band aids you from the beginning, and if the target has opposite gender, Attracting it may hold it back long enough, btw, Quick attack is there to strongly hit a same-gender opponent and besides you move FIRST.

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Timid
EVs: All Around, exept for Att, may be using it for Sp. Att or HP will do.
*Disable
*Octazooka
*Dragon Pulse/Dragonbreath
*Focus Energy

. From Focus Energy and Scope Lens´ effect there´s one step. And Sniping your targets to death is the key. Now... what kind of pkmn know TWO OFFENSIVE Dragon-type moves in it´s moveset? NO-one, so Disabling that move will make your Kingdra last there long enough, Octazooka and Dragonbreath have side effects so they can do good.

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:43 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I love these movesets. My only concern is the Blissey/Charm combo. I mean, yea, it would lower the opponent's attack sharply, but Blissey's physical defense already sucks, meaning it would have to take hit after hit before finally whittling down attack enough. I might suggest a Baton Passer with Charm instead (if that's possible, I don't know). I'm just thinking Blissey might not be able to take several physical hits, especially if someone's packing Double Kick or something.

Her HP makes up for it, though. If she uses even 1 Charm, you can bet your life that even Rampardos' Head Smash won't take it down. You can also bet the attack will kill Rampardos anyways =) After Charm and a Softboiled Blissey will be hard to take down.

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: On the back of a stampeding Tauros squealing, "WHEEE!"
^You sure about that? I was severely under-leveled and easily took out Chansey with one Double Kick...

Of course, Chansey doesn't have as much HP...

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:57 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

^You sure about that? I was severely under-leveled and easily took out Chansey with one Double Kick...

Of course, Chansey doesn't have as much HP...

Chansey has, like, 10 less HP than Blissey. :P

But no, he's saying after a Charm. Charm = halves your attack = far, far less damage = Blissey possibly staying alive. Charm again and, well, your opponent's not causing much.

You would HAVE to do this on the switch, though, because Blissey's speed is NOT going to help you unless you're facing a Tyranitar or something.

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

DIALGA:
ability:pressure
EVS:252 sp.atk,252 spd and 6 hp

dragon pulse
flash cannon
earth power
aurasphere:

GARCHOMP:
ability:sand veil
EVS:252 atk,252 spd and 6 hp

dragon claw
earthquake
fire fang
rock slide

METAGROSS:
ability:clear body
EVS:252 atk,252 spd,6 hp

meteor mash
earthquake
agility
zen headbutt

thats all for now ill send the rest later

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:38 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

oops sorry i forgot

DIALGA
nature:modest

GARCHOMP
nature:adamant

METAGROSS
nature:jolly

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:40 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Timid
EVs: All Around, exept for Att, may be using it for Sp. Att or HP will do.
*Disable
*Octazooka
*Dragon Pulse/Dragonbreath
*Focus Energy

From Focus Energy and Scope Lens´ effect there´s one step. And Sniping your targets to death is the key. Now... what kind of pkmn know TWO OFFENSIVE Dragon-type moves in it´s moveset? NO-one, so Disabling that move will make your Kingdra last there long enough, Octazooka and Dragonbreath have side effects so they can do good.

holy smokes, thats a good moveset. i was unaware Kingdra could learn focus energy, then again i havent raised a Horsea since yellow

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:56 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Nice work. I like the particular move set;

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold|Serene Grace
EVs : 252 def, 252 sp def, 4 sp atk

Charge Beam
SoftBoiled
Ice Beam
Psychic

Smashes fighting types with Psychic, like the first post said, uses Charge Beam to raise Sp. Atk, Ice Beam as a normal sweeping move, and SoftBoiled.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Now... what kind of pkmn know TWO OFFENSIVE Dragon-type moves in it´s moveset? NO-one, so Disabling that move will make your Kingdra last there long enough, Octazooka and Dragonbreath have side effects so they can do good.

The most fearsome special sweeper, yes, SpecsMence himself my dear friend.

The Jonatron wrote:
Xatu Unlickely this guy wont get powered.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:35 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

They are good movesets especially the Bliss one.

I just thought of a reasonable {miltank} set

Miltank @ leftovers
trait: Scrappy(allows seismic toss to hit ghosts)
evs: 252 hp, 129 def, 129 spd
nature:bold
Milk drink
Heal bell
Seismic toss
Thunder wave/toxic/substitute

comments happily accepted

Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I wonder who at nintendo thought of giving the godly tank {blissey} serene grace... That ability has quite a lot of power behind it. Quite a nice moveset though. If I see a Blissey using charge beam now I'll know to KO it ASAP.

The Gallade moveset is quite nice as well. However the acc of hypnosis is what will crack his strategy.Use wide lens. and with 65 base DEF and 80 speed he'll still be a OHKO for a good quick psyc. sweeper

As for the {miltank} above I'd say put those DEF EV into S.DEF and to go with toxic for the last move.

I'm redoing my Kabutops to have a rather unique moveset. (Though I'm not quite sure what the typical kabutops user does)

{kabutops}
Adamant/Battle armor/Quick claw
252atk 252speed
-X-scissor (Takes out grass/psychic types w/ ease)
-Surf (With STAB it does good damage on DEF only tanks and steel types)
-Confuse Ray (Used with rock slide for use as a denial attacker)
-Rock Slide (see above +a great STAB)

Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:10 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thanks for your comments master chef i will have to alter my miltanks movesets then , however i suggest that you posibly change the nature of your {kabutops} to docile,quirky etc or any of the other even natures as with and adamant nature and surf and 0 evs in sp.atk you are better off with waterfall as your sp.atk will be around 130 without evs, or otherwise you could replace surf with EQ for more damage on steels

Btw: you dont have to do the above i was just thinking of ways to make it better

Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:35 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I am Treeck0 wrote:
Thanks for your comments master chef i will have to alter my miltanks movesets then , however i suggest that you posibly change the nature of your {kabutops} to docile,quirky etc or any of the other even natures as with and adamant nature and surf and 0 evs in sp.atk you are better off with waterfall as your sp.atk will be around 130 without evs, or otherwise you could replace surf with EQ for more damage on steels

Btw: you dont have to do the above i was just thinking of ways to make it better

True, surf will suck with that build. Hmmmm, My current kabutops is quirky and his attack is in need of just a little push to make him a great attacker. Perhaps I will go with a +ATK -DEF nature...
Unfortunately Kabutops can't learn EQ ;_;

Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:11 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Post Re:
Gnaaye wrote:
AABM wrote:
Now... what kind of pkmn know TWO OFFENSIVE Dragon-type moves in it´s moveset? NO-one, so Disabling that move will make your Kingdra last there long enough, Octazooka and Dragonbreath have side effects so they can do good.

The most fearsome special sweeper, yes, SpecsMence himself my dear friend.

I'm sorry? SpecsMence revolves around the crazy Draco Meteor, if you trap-pass a SP.Att-weakened SpecsMence into this Kingdra boy, you can Disable DM away, thus making the situation fun.

- - -

I was thinking of another set and guess what... I've come with one for Pikachu.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Static.
Hasty | Max out speed and scatter the rest on the offensive abilities equally.
. Substitute
. Thunderbolt / Volt Tackle [Use at your own risk]
. Drain Punch
. Grass Knot

(Remember that Light Ball now doubles Pikachu's Att stat, as well as SP.Att).

* I know, I know... this one's a TM-eater, but we have Smeargle for something.

Yes, Hasty -- not Timid.

Normally, you'd have a Timid Peekeychew settle with Sub/Nasty Plot, thing is that people expect this set, so they put Blissey (or Snorlax) in without thinking it twice. And that's when Drain Punch enters the scene, absorbing a big chunk of Blissey's (or Snorlax's) gazillions of tons of HP, you can pull off as many Charm/T-wave/Toxic-blocking Subs as you wish that she will hopelessly try to break over and over again.

Grass Knot's role is similar to that of HP Ice, to OHKO OU threats. But this time, we can OHKO Tar and Hippo rather than Chomp and Mence, since these guys are everywhere.

- - -

Another one I've schemed of was one for Ledian, remember her? It's been a while, huh?

Ledian @ Lefties
Early Bird
Bold/Timid | EV Spread? Dunno, I'll let you deside it.
. Toxic
. Dig
. Knock Off
. Rest

* As I posted this, I was giggling. But hey, this one is not for OUs, at least I don't think so.

Being of the Flying Type and using Dig means that you're save and sound, Toxic does what you can't... actually damage anything that isn't Poison or Steel type or that is't protected with Magic Guard of Safeguard.

If a switch-in comes, you'll like to Knock it Off, and Rest + Early Bird is sweet.

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

specsMence has dragon pulse alongside draco meteor. This enables it to go to a secondary STAB move so it doesn't have to resort to lower its special attack to do major damage.

I would also like to say that draco meteor from specsMence still 2HKOs kingdra after -2spAtk and -4spAtk, so trying to disable Draco Meteor is a risky option, since Kingdra is not faster than specsMence unless you're in the rain; either way, disable has piss-poor accuracy.

@Taser: Charm on Blissey is a main alternate if you cannot get seismic toss onto one. The idea of charm is to score indirect damage via stealth rock and/or spikes. The idea is to switch Blissey in on a special sweeper that won't dent it (which is an easy switch for the best special wall in the game), charm the incoming physical sweeper, and T-wave/light screen on the switch again to provide team support and spikes/stealth rock damage.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

4ever_bug_catcher wrote:
specsMence has dragon pulse alongside draco meteor. This enables it to go to a secondary STAB move so it doesn't have to resort to lower its special attack to do major damage.

I would also like to say that draco meteor from specsMence still 2HKOs kingdra after -2spAtk and -4spAtk, so trying to disable Draco Meteor is a risky option, since Kingdra is not faster than specsMence unless you're in the rain; either way, disable has piss-poor accuracy.

What I meant is that whatever move SpecsMence is locked into (mentioning Draco Meteor as it's most dangerous move), Disabling that move will cause it to Struggle funnily, and even more if it is trapped down.

By the by, yes, Disable was miserable in Adv with 55 Accuracy; but in D/P it has 80 Accuracy, that's not piss-poor... at least I don't think it is, it works for me.

"Team Seekers"

Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

OK, I guess that was ignorance on my part on not checking on disable's accuracy. But again, without rain in effect, Kingdra still dies due to lack of speed.

However, if speed isn't an issue (ie. you're in the rain, choice scarf), I'd just fire back with life-orbed dragon pulse for 1HKO instead of disabling it.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

[quote="RaikouLover"]I had a couple Unorthodox movesets that came to me today that I haven't seen yet.

Blissey@Leftovers
*Ice Beam/Water Pulse
*Charge Beam/Thunder
*Charm/Aromatherapy
*Softboiled

The standard attacking Blissey is a Boltbeamer with calm mind. However, Charge Beam has a 140% chance of raising the special attack! So every time you use it, it will up the special attack and can leave a slot open for another move. WaterPulse and Thunder are also overlooked, and have a nasty 40/60% parafusion and would benefit a rain dance team.

I have 1 very unorthodox move for Blissey and I can tell you my Blissey owns. Counter. Yes your Eyes aren't tricking you. Counter is a perfect move for Bissey because almost any Physical Attacking Pokemon are annihilated the turn after they attack. Garchomps, Gyaradoses, Aerodactyls, Electrivires, Weaviles...etc. The only thing this Bissey fears is not being able to Survive an attack like Close Combat from a Fighting Type Pokemon (Super Effective + STAB Bonus attack) with an Attack stat of over 300. But no one told you to fight Fighting Type Pokemon with a Blissey right? So switch in to a Ghost Type Pokemon and all would be fine. So you see, this Blissey must have a Ghost Type Pokemon to back it up just in case a Fighting Type Pokemon comes her way. Trust me, an Earthquake from Garchomp takes at most a little less than half of her HP away only and it's the end for Garchomp the next turn.
Perhaps if I tell you like this you won't believe me so do try it out and see for yourselvs as Garchomps and many other physical attacking Pokemon get KOed after they land a Hit on Blissey. 8-)
:wink:

Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sapphirath wrote:
RaikouLover wrote:
I had a couple Unorthodox movesets that came to me today that I haven't seen yet.

Blissey@Leftovers
*Ice Beam/Water Pulse
*Charge Beam/Thunder
*Charm/Aromatherapy
*Softboiled

I have 1 very unorthodox move for Blissey and I can tell you my Blissey owns. Counter. Yes your Eyes aren't tricking you. Counter is a perfect move for Bissey because almost any Physical Attacking Pokemon are annihilated the turn after they attack. Garchomps, Gyaradoses, Aerodactyls, Electrivires, Weaviles...etc. The only thing this Bissey fears is not being able to Survive an attack like Close Combat from a Fighting Type Pokemon (Super Effective + STAB Bonus attack) with an Attack stat of over 300. But no one told you to fight Fighting Type Pokemon with a Blissey right? So switch in to a Ghost Type Pokemon and all would be fine. So you see, this Blissey must have a Ghost Type Pokemon to back it up just in case a Fighting Type Pokemon comes her way. Trust me, an Earthquake from Garchomp takes at most a little less than half of her HP away only and it's the end for Garchomp the next turn.
Perhaps if I tell you like this you won't believe me so do try it out and see for yourselvs as Garchomps and many other physical attacking Pokemon get KOed after they land a Hit on Blissey. 8-)
:wink:

Counter is actually pretty common and no where near unorthodox and unexpected for blissey...

Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next