It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Great Notrivia! 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I thought I'd try my hand at organizing a trivia :D So, here it is! But first, the part you all like most.

Prizes:
Highest Nonstaff: P$30
Megariffical Maths Prize: P$5 (See below for details.)
SurPrize: P$5

Now that that's out of the way...

Date Time Venue:
This trivia will be held on the Psypoke Chats (mIRC, #psypokenotrivia), at Saturday 26 May, 9pm EST. Check your timezone here.

Format:
There will be 50 questions, part General Knowledge and part Pokemon. General Knowledge questions can be about anything (that isn't a Pokemon question), and I mean ANYTHING. Pokemon questions can also be about anything even remotely Pokemon-related (Psypoke-relateds are counted as Pokemon questions). All Pokemon questions are RSE/FRLG-based unless specified. For True-False questions, and Odd-One-Outs, you get only one guess, but you can have unlimited guesses for everything else. Question-specific answer formats will be posted together with the question. If not, just use your common sense. You will have 90 seconds to answer each question, or until someone gets it right. After 60 seconds, I will give a hint (for certain questions only).
(Ignore all question numbers, they are there to ensure I don't ask the same question twice. Questions will be in random order.)

After 50 questions, there will be a Megariffical Maths question. Basically, it will be a maths question, but one with a twist. Do the operations in the order they are given, and pay attention to the brackets. First poster with right answer gets the P$5, but you must type the answer backwards.

Rules:
- Spammeth not. Also, please do not use the /me or /action commands.
- Normal chat rules apply.
- Sign in with your forum name.
- The fastest answer is the one that appears on my screen first. Since I live miles away from most other Psypokians, it should be fair.
- If no one has gotten the answer after the time limit, I will take the closest one. If all the answers are wildly off, the question will be declared null and void and relpaced.
- You may use ANY method to arrive at your answers. (Be it your memory, help sites, asking others, all are allowed.)
- After a person has gotten two questions right in a row, they will be frozen and cannot answer the next question. After that next question, they will be unfrozen again.
- The SurPrize is a prize given out during the trivia. You will only know the winning criteria after the winner has been chosen.
- Any objections about answers, scores, or prizes can be PMed to me AFTER the trivia. NOT DURING.

This trivia is for everyone to have fun, so just enjoy yourselves! :)
Feel free to post any queries here. ^^

DeviantART | Webcomic | Photobucket

Sat May 05, 2007 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

- After a person has gotten two questions right in a row, they will be frozen and cannot answer the next question. After that next question, they will be unfrozen again.

Okay, so if gardevoir~ answered, then me, then gardevoir~ again, would gardevoir be frozen or no?

Sun May 06, 2007 6:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Two questions in a row" means "two consecutive questions".
:)

DeviantART | Webcomic | Photobucket

Fri May 11, 2007 5:35 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]