It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 What would make the anime/movies better? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: It's on Earth and the name begins with a letter between A and Z. Where am I?
In my opinion, it would greatly help if:

Ash would catch one or two of the legendaries.

4Kids wouldn't censor cool and/or funny stuff just because they want to sugarcoat it.

If Lucario somehow lived, and followed Ash around and stuff, but forgot almost everything in return for his life. (A nod to Dart/Dan [Fire Emblem] here.) Only Lucario though, because Aaron is really just, yrfmeh.

Ash would stop forcing his Pokèmon away when they get good.

The male trainers would join Ash for once.

Ash's partners would actually get cool Pokèmon.

...and that's about all I can think of right now.

Ione: We didn't do it for a reward! Besides, you used us!
Creator: What's wrong with that? I created everything.
Lane: We are not things!
Creator: How amusing... you are trying to pick a fight with me!

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

There are so many things I could think of...

Right:

Team Rocket. Get rid of them, they are childish and get on my nerves.

Meowth do not speak, so their's is no different.

The episodes should not be in this format:

Ash meets a person. They have a problem.

TRocket are behind the problem.

Ash sorts it out.

Team Rocket blast off.

Ash goes off on his merry way.

Oh, and add lots of annoying comments from Misty/May, and "flirtatious" inuendos (that extend no further than holding hands or kissing) from Brock, with Max pulling him away.

They should adopt a more continuous style, such as in the manga, where one part leads onto the next. For example, there could be about fifteen episodes regarding the creation, reign and finally fall of Mewtwo or some other legendary.

Ash's POkes NEED to evolve. He cannot hope to defeat the League with nothing but a Pikachu and some pre evolved starters, and a fiery turtle that cries. :/

ash needs some cooler companions.

Ash needs to grow up.

Ash also needs to have a less narrow sense of morality, otherwise choices presented to him are just linear, and allow no room for character development.

In fact, Ash just needs to die, and let some new character to take over.

I HATE THE ANIME!!!!

It needs to change. :P

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:28 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Right:

Ash sorts it out.

Team Rocket blast off.

Oh, and add lots of annoying comments from Misty/May, and "flirtatious" inuendos (that extend no further than holding hands or kissing) from Brock, with Max pulling him away.

They should adopt a more continuous style, such as in the manga, where one part leads onto the next. For example, there could be about fifteen episodes regarding the creation, reign and finally fall of Mewtwo or some other legendary.

Ash's POkes NEED to evolve. He cannot hope to defeat the League with nothing but a Pikachu and some pre evolved starters, and a fiery turtle that cries. :/

Ash needs to grow up.

Ash also needs to have a less narrow sense of morality, otherwise choices presented to him are just linear, and allow no room for character development.

I HATE THE ANIME!!!!

What he said all the way! The anime is so silly that it has no stinkin' plot. I have to turn to Dragon Ball or Digimon to get some decent, interesting, anime!

Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The best thing that could happen to the anime would be if it ended.

Seriously, like.. 500 episodes, 90% of which is filler? Jeez.

Tue May 01, 2007 8:57 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

They should have not gotten rid of Misty, that sucked

Sat May 19, 2007 8:25 am
blah blah blah

I agree. Misty kept the show together. I never realized until we got May and Max the biggest losers in pokemon history. You never know how good something is till its gone.

Sat May 19, 2007 9:13 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Surskit of Destiny wrote:
In my opinion, it would greatly help if:

Ash would catch one or two of the legendaries.

Ummm...ew? Not only does the show take place in a world where you have to be an EXTREMELY experienced trainer to catch one of the legendaries (E4 material. And if you lived in the Pokemon world, I highly doubt you'd be at that level, either), BUT, catching legendaries has been proven to be catastrophic.

4Kids wouldn't censor cool and/or funny stuff just because they want to sugarcoat it.

Same, but 4Kids doesn't dub it anymore, and PUSA lets a lot more of the funny jokes get through.[/quote]

If Lucario somehow lived, and followed Ash around and stuff, but forgot almost everything in return for his life. (A nod to Dart/Dan [Fire Emblem] here.) Only Lucario though, because Aaron is really just, yrfmeh.

Okay, that's the worst idea EVER. And not only that, but in Japan, the movies are generally not considered canon with the series. But seriously, why would Lucario need to live? Why would Lucario need to be seperated from Aaron? The whole reason he died was so that he could BE with Aaron, and he's perfectly happy that way? And lastly, of all people, why would he follow Ash?

Ash would stop forcing his Pokèmon away when they get good.

Please, explain.

The male trainers would join Ash for once.

Ash is the embodiment of Brendan and Lucas, pretty much. But I GUESS it'd be cool if they put Lucas in and gave him a cool and original personality. But really, Ash takes the place of him. And when the 5th gen anime adaptation comes around, he will be dressed like Lucas, too.

Ash's partners would actually get cool Pokèmon.

...and that's about all I can think of right now.

This is purely opinion what is a "cool" pokemon and what is not, but I happen to enjoy Ludicolo, Marshtomp, Croagunk, Staravia, Pochama, Blaziken, Sceptile, Pikachu, Sudowoodo, Carnivine, Manene, and others.

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:

Right:

Actually, Team Rocket are some of the deepest characters in the anime, and definately the deepest main characters. Unfortunately, their depth hasn't been touched on in ages... D:

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:
Talking pokemon are cool! I'm not saying we need more talking pokemon (at least not as a main character; we need more guest talking pokemon, though), but Meowth is amazing! I love how it talks, it actually has a personality, which a lot of pokemon lack.

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:

Ash sorts it out.

Team Rocket blast off.

It's a kid's show. A simple show with a simple basic plotline. This basic plot does have a lot of variations, so it gets interesting a lot. However, I do wish they would stray away from it more often than they do. I mean, they stray SOMETIMES, but not often enough.

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:

Seeing Brock flirt/be attracted with main characters would be AMAZINGLY annoying. It's one of the reasons why I hate Cory in the House. It would be okay, however, if he had that love when they first met, but it disappeared somehow during that first episode of the new series. Like he found out some horrifying secret about her or something? That'd hilarious. :P

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:

This I wholeheartedly agree with. Wtf with the Kyogre-Groudon saga leading DIRECTLY into Ash's gym battle with Liza and Tate? not even a filler to realistcally connect the two? I don't know about you guys, but I'd want a bit of a break after dealing with Kyogre and Groudon and Team Magma and Team Aqua AND HAVING MY BEST FRIEND BEING TAKEN OVER BY THE ORB OF DEATH.

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:

This portrays real life, to a certain extent. Sure, in your game it may SAY that Venusaur has a higher speed stat than bulbasaur, but irl, who would be faster? Certainly bulbasaur is more agile than a venusaur. Same thing with squirtle. Pikachu despises with all its heart the idea of evolving, so evolving it would be extremely and evilly selfish. The only problem I see is crawdaunt. Crawdaunts look to be more agile than corphishes, and all around better pokemon. And Ash needs a dark type pokemon on his team; it'd make for an interesting personality and interesting chemistry.

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:

True, the anime needs more interesting personalities all the way around, I can't argue with you there.

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:
Ash needs to grow up.

He's tons more mature than he was in Kanto.

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:

Again, kids show. It needs to be simple, needs to have a moral core, and needs to send a good image.

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:

D:

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:
I HATE THE ANIME!!!!

Then why come to this part of the forum in the first place?

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:

Would you watch it then? :P[/notmockingly]

blu-suicune wrote:
The best thing that could happen to the anime would be if it ended.

Seriously, like.. 500 episodes, 90% of which is filler? Jeez.

The show will stop when the games stop. The whole point of the show is to advertise the games, anyway, so if you condemn the show, you condemn the games.

EXP wrote:
While I do like Misty better than May, I have to admit, May is better for the show. While Misty is the better character, May is more assertive, and actually DOES something, bringing plot in. She brought in awesome characters like Harley, and gave Jessie even MORE of a purpose. Plus, contests are 52% of the time more fun to watch than battles. :P I don't know what life would be like if Misty had done contests, and I don't want to think about it.

Things I want to see changed:

1. MORE PELIPPER
2. Episodes need to be more connected, like the SS Anne episodes in Kanto
3. More comedy episodes. :O
4. More on Team Rocket. They're the deepest main characters.
5. More game references. They were crazy abound in Kanto, but they're getting away from that nowadays.
6. More characters with amazing personalities. Actually, we DO have some of those, so let me rephrase: More RECURRING characters with amazing personalities.
7. Brock needs to find a way to let his pokemon out of their balls more
8. Something for Team Rocket to do besides JUST attempting to steal pokemon. The Orienteering episode made me smile.
9. More surprises. The show is very predictable.

Sat May 19, 2007 12:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

D: AARON IS COOL. Besides, we'll see Riley, who is probably Aaron reincarnated. And Riley has a Lucario, who might just be Aaron's Lucario reincarnated.

So what they really need to do is:

1. Bring back Jirarudan, Giovanni, Sebastian, Bashou, Buson, Tyson, Maxie, Archie, Morty, Eusine, Steven, Adan, and Bill.

2. Introduce Mondo. And for that matter, Wallace. I mean, why not have a former Gym Leader and current CHAMPION in the anime? But for the love of God don't screw them up.

3. Hire the writers of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Because they are awesome at connecting every little detail, bringing back characters you never thought you'd see again, and actually making the episodes flow together. Unlike the current writers, who I doubt remember anything about the first few seasons.

4. Give the Gym Leaders/E4s more episodes, where they do something besides be there, solve a problem, and then get beaten by Ash.

5. Set the rating to PG-13.

And then it would be awesome.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:27 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

umm if it were more realistic.............................and more intersting..............................oh and if ash doens't end up as the hero in it......I'm sick of ahs, hes met all these legendaries, and he never thought to catch any.....of do anything....after a movie.....he goes back to being normal like nothing happened..

Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:18 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

One thing Ash could do is: EVOLVE HIS POKEMON!!! How cool would it have been back in Kanto with a Blatoise and Venusar by Charizard's side? Maybe he could have kept Pidgeot? (One of my favorite pokemon of all time). Too often if Ash gets all 3 starters (kanto, johto) only 1 evolves fully while the other 2 stay in basic form. I dont remember if Bayleef evolved into a Meganium so if someone could correct me. Maybe he could also get a few more favorable pokemon and actually keep them!!! I kinda stopped watching the show when the Hoenn series came out.....

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

yes i agree totally with you blastoise, that is one of the reasons pokemon sucks to some poeple because Ash KILLS THE POKEMON EXPERIENCE, I loved chronicles so much cuz there was no ash! Wow i was pretty happy for the firsat time since ash lost the hoenn league..

Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]