It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Sonic the Hedgehog 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yes, Sonic the Hedgehog. The world's most popular, egotistical, friendly, and most imporantly, FASTEST hedgehog.

How do you feel about his 16 year series?

I for one, love it. From the earlier games such as Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles, to the later games, such as Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic Heroes, I love the majority of them. My 2nd favorite gaming franchise next to Pokemon, I just can't get enough of this little blue bugger and his buddies.

I realize most of you love the older games with a fiery passion, and hate the newer ones with the same intensity, but I love them all. How I rank the sonic games:

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle > Sonic 3 & Knuckles > Sonic Advance 2 > Sonic the Hedgehog > Sonic and the Secret Rings = Sonic R = Sonic Battle > Sonic Advance = Sonic Heroes > Sonic Advance 3 > Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut > Shadow the Hedgehog

Note I didn't count Sonic CD or Sonic the Hedgehog 2, due to the fact that I haven't played either of those games fo rlonger than 30 minutes total. :(

And wait, there's more! I don't know a lot about the Sonic comics, but I do know about the Sonic anime (actually, only two types): the Sonic OVA and Sonic X. The Sonic OVA is awesome, and has the best voice for Tails I've ever heard, and the 2nd best for Eggman (R.I.P Deem Bristow).

So what are your opinions on this legendary series?

Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:54 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I realize most of you love the older games with a fiery passion, and hate the newer ones with the same intensity

...;)

The Sonic the Hedgehog series might not be my overall favorite series, but Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is my favorite game ever. I like it more than Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Mario, etc.

So, here are the Sonic games I've played and my opinions on them:

Sonic The Hedgehog: The original in the Genesis series... not my favorite, but it's still pretty good. I've played all the way through and got all the chaos emeralds, and beat the final boss (he's really easy compared to S2's final boss ¬_¬). My favorite zone was Star Light Zone, and my least favorite was Scrap Brain Zone...oh, and I own the (EXTREMELY CRAPPY) port of Sonic 1 for GBA. Do not buy. No matter how much of a fan you are, don't waste your money. It sucks hard.

Sonic The Hedgehog 2: Best game eva. It was the first video game I ever owned, and even though my Sega Genesis is busted, my Sonic the Hedgehog 2 cartridge sits above my computer where I can see it everyday. I used to be so obsessed with that game, because it was the only video game I had at one time... and it was the only game I could beat my cousins everytime at (they pwned me on all their NES games.) I've memorized every game map, know all the secrets, and have probably played through the game over a thousand times. Despite what everyone says, I think the Hill Top Zone is great, and it's my #1 favorite zone. As for my least favorite zone, Oil Ocean gets that spot. Oh, and I've played Sonic 2 Beta, too.

Sonic The Hedgehog 3: Yeah, I didn't get this game until I was like 13 when my mom ordered it off Ebay. I told her I wanted this game really bad, so she spent 50 cents on it. =P Like my Sonic 2 cartridge, Sonic 3 sits above my computer. My favorite zone is the Ice Cap Zone (don't ask why...) and my least favorite is Marble Garden Zone (too long :evil: ). You know how the game can hold up to 6 files? Well...I beat all those files PLUS got Super Sonic on them all. :)

Sonic & Knuckles (3): This is when you put your S3 cartridge into S&K...it makes the games combined. This game is totally awesome (not to be confused with the awesomeness that is Sonic 2) and I've beat it hundreds of times. I even completed all eight file slots and got all the chaos emeralds/super chaos emeralds. My favorite zone is S&K is the Death Egg Zone, and my least favorite is the Sandipolis Zone (annoying.) Along with S2 and S3, S&K sits above my computer.

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Game Gear): I only have three words to describe this game: This game blows.

Sonic 3D Blast: The first time I played this game was at my cousin's house way back when Sega Saturn was new. I've only played the ROM of the Genesis version, but they're pretty much the game thing. I loved this game - I just found it annoying to catch those stupid flickies (especially when you lose them...) I didn't care too much for the game, and I got stuck somewhere (Diamond Dust Zone or something.) It's on my "games to beat someday" list.

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine: Eh...I didn't care too much for this game, either. For those who know me, I hate Tetris, and this game is pretty much just like it. Now I can't even make it past the 3rd guy, but when I was just a kid, I made it REALLY far on my aunt's Sega Genesis. Now I just play the ROM, because like Sonic 3D Blast, I don't physically own the cartridge.

Sonic Eraser: ...Ew. Just ew.

Sonic Rush: AWESOME game for DS. It brings back the 2D feeling of the originals, and has GREAT music. Especially the music in the Huge Crisis Zone... The only downside to this game is there is only one playable character besides Sonic - a cat named Blaze. :( My favorite zone is Huge Crisis Zone, and my least favorite is the Sky level (don't remember what its called). The boss there is evil. :evil:

Sonic Advance: I don't physically own this cartridge, but my brother used to. I unlocked Super Sonic and stuff, but I don't remember too much about this game...I liked how you could beat the game with every character, I just hated Amy Rose. She used those retarded hammers instead of the spin dash. wtf?

And, heres my sonic shrine that I've been talking about.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I too am a fan of Sonic. Easily, the best game (in my opinion) had to be Sonic Adventure Battle 2. It had a wicked plot, and more importantly, chao. My friend and I raised some wicked chao, mainly Dragon ones and Ghost ones, God, they were fun. Also, there was an essence of speed in that game that was lost with Sonic DX and Heroes. Don't get me started on that evil game Sonic and the Magic Rings. It's got a stupid plot "Help! I've fallen into some book, because the designers don't seem to want to keep the Chaos Emeralds at the heart of the game!" I haven't seen any of the original characters, save from King Sharyar (which is just stupid anyway) and the gameplay is super boring. And Sonic doesn't have any of that speed that he's got in the old games, you just watch him run up walls, while you raise your Pokemon team.

Sonic DS was both good, and a little dissapointing. I found that the Sol Emeralds were a bit...well, not original, and Blaze the cat was just a female Knuckles. That, and you didn't meet any of the other characters either. Similarly, Super Sonic mode was boring. Though shooting off balls of fire as Blaze was fun though. :P

HOwever, back to SAB2, I loved the extra ending. BEating that big old monster as Shadow was so difficult, but so satisfying, and then when they tuirn into their hyper/super versions...well, they looked cool.

A game I am dying to play is Sonic the Hedgehog for the PS3 and Xbox 360. I want to know about the new hedgehog, Silver, and his powers, and I want to ride on Shadow's Bike. :P

Shadow the Hedgehog was very cool actually, I really liked it. I loved the speed of the game, the different vehicles, endings, and guns. I especially loved building up the guages and setting off his fury. T'was very cool indeed...

But the oldest ones don't even come close to the new ones. The old style noise of when Sonic hit the enemies, jumped, and got a shield. And then there was the drowing music (I used to watch him drown because I loved the music so much) and the ring at the end. Those were the days...

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I love Sonic, I have Sonic Collection+ for the PS2. Sonic Advance for the GBA, Sonic heroes and Shadow The Hedgehog for the PS2.
I especially like the Chao Garden feature.
I defeated the game 1,800 times with Tails (figuratively speaking).

Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sonic has always been one of my favourite series of games right next to Pokemon, Mario and Crash Bandicoot. Waaaaaay back when I had my Megadrive I would play nothing but Sonic and Street Fighter. I liked the earlier games better than the new ones but the only newer Sonic games I've played are Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and Sonic Heroes.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:38 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Don't get me started on that evil game Sonic and the Magic Rings. It's got a stupid plot "Help! I've fallen into some book, because the designers don't seem to want to keep the Chaos Emeralds at the heart of the game!" I haven't seen any of the original characters, save from King Sharyar (which is just stupid anyway) and the gameplay is super boring. And Sonic doesn't have any of that speed that he's got in the old games, you just watch him run up walls, while you raise your Pokemon team.

I LOVE Sonic and the Secret Rings! IMO, it's easily the second best new-gen Sonic game (Sonic Adventure 2: Battle > Sonic and the Secret Rings > Sonic Heroes > Sonic Adventure DX > Shadow the Hedgehog). OK, no it doesn't have a very good plot, but that doesn't matter a whole lot. But what exactly do you mean he doesn't have any of the speed he used to have? He has ALL of the speed he has. OK, maybe not all, but you have to play the game a little more to get your MAXIMUM speed (which is actually quite fast). And he doesn't do that whole, run-up-walls-without-control thing too much, in fact, barely at all. I love the way homing attacks work, and I love how Sonic moves sooooo fast! There are only two problems I have with this game: 1. Lack of characters already in the Sonic universe (Uhu could have EASILY been replaced by Shadow), and 2. Party Mode. EVERYTHING fails about it.

Oh, and also, how do you guys feel about these gems?

Personally, I own and love the OVA, and as soon as I heard about it, I immediately added S&M to my list of must-have Wii games. <3

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
How could you NOT like shadow the hedge hog?! :evil: That's the best game in the series next to sonic and the secret rings! You must hate picking up machine guns and blowing up aliens with it. :evil:

Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:33 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ummm...actually, using the guns isn't that much fun. >_> Using guns with slow people like Gamma and Eggman > using guns with super speedy hedgehogs.

And yes, I do like Sonic and the Secret Rings, but it is NOT the best. Not anywhere NEAR.

You should play some of the old Sonic games. And Sonic Adventure 2[: Battle]. And the GBA games. Much better than Shadow the Hedgehog.

Plus, I hated how Shadow's personality was handled in that game. He's more than just a mindless killing machine. And the random cursing got on my nerves FAST.

Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ummm...actually, using the guns isn't that much fun. >_> Using guns with slow people like Gamma and Eggman > using guns with super speedy hedgehogs.

And yes, I do like Sonic and the Secret Rings, but it is NOT the best. Not anywhere NEAR.

You should play some of the old Sonic games. And Sonic Adventure 2[: Battle]. And the GBA games. Much better than Shadow the Hedgehog.

Plus, I hated how Shadow's personality was handled in that game. He's more than just a mindless killing machine. And the random cursing got on my nerves FAST.

I can't play the older games because I don't have a sega genesis! And I can't believe you don't like blowing aliens up with mystirious hedgehogs with machine guns, also I liked the fact that you could actully beat up sonic, witch ads a twist in gameplay, and that in the right ending [actully a few] shadow kills eggman, I'll never forget the "Good-bye, docter.". The game was designe for older audiences 10+ and it's one of my top 3 games. Keep in mind that everyone has their on opinion. I hated sonic heroes because the voice acting was horrible [tails sounds like he's 4 years old!] and that knuckles said the S-word whenever he attacked.

Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think he said "sheesh". I've had that same problem with Nel on Star Ocean 3. Just be logical and it'll sound the way you want it to.
:P

Sonic the Hedgehog. My very first game, my parents bought me a cartridge with Sonic 1, 2 and Robotnick's Bean Thingy along with my Mega Drive.. Erm, Genesis.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is awesome; the Oil Ocean zone was as annoying as it was thrilling, I almost cried every time I saw that purple sea of chemical. That and it had those cheats to turn him into Super Sonic. :D

There were two games released for the PS2, one with a variety of Sonic games (no Sonic Adventure, unfortunately), and one which I now prize as my most valuable game, Sega Genesis Collection. The first two Sonic games are in both. That and Sega Genesis Collection also came with Golden Axer, Columns and Comix Zone. Yeah, I'm a retro sucker. And I know this sounds bad. :P

Oh, and for the record, Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog are horrible games. Shadow is a great character and all, I just haven't had the chance of playing one decent game with him in it.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:19 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

omg sonic was the nfirst game i ever played you know original sonic on the megadrive

Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:13 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I for one love the Sonic series. I'm more familiar with the earlier work.

I have Sonic the Hedgehog for Xbox 360, but its not exactly the game to save up for or anything. Its more of one of those games you play when your bored home on a saturday night.

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:09 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Sonic the Hedgehog is the [u]BEST[/u]!!!!! I am the fastest in Sonic Riders and I could beat anyone here!!!

Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sonic the Hedgehog is the BEST!!!!! I am the fastest in Sonic Riders and I could beat anyone here!!!

Heh, keep dreaming, buddy. You could never beat me, not in your dreams, {slowpoke}. Step aside for the SPEED KING! [that's me!]

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:36 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You two are on crack. i win everytime. You would get your sox roxed off if we played.

Thu May 03, 2007 1:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You two are on crack. i win everytime. You would get your sox roxed off if we played.

HA! I'd like to see that happen! This is what would happen:
Quote:
What?! MajorGameBuy is evolving!
Dundundundun! Dundadundadundadundadun! Dododo, dododododododo!
Concrajulations! MajorGameBoy evolved into {slowpoke}!

Abd anyway, what's your favorite sonic game, people?

Thu May 03, 2007 1:21 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

<extremesarcasm>O.O wow i can evolve into a king! WHOOPIE!!! AWESOME!</extremesarcasm>
And no, in your dreams tree.'
Either sonic2, sonic cd or SADX

Thu May 03, 2007 7:48 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Sonic the Hedgehog is the GREATEST games ever and click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kaoy-LTlIU this to see all the sonic games

Fri May 04, 2007 3:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

<extremesarcasm>O.O wow i can evolve into a king! WHOOPIE!!! AWESOME!</extremesarcasm>
And no, in your dreams tree.'
Either sonic2, sonic cd or SADX

Don't you know your pokemon? You evolved into a slowpoke, not a slowking.

Fri May 04, 2007 4:29 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Out of all the Air Riders what would you choose? I would pick the S-Type Skates

Thu May 10, 2007 6:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]