It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What is your IQ? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I am beginning to question the validity of IQ tests.
I scored a 116 on a Internet test, but then I got a 143 on another Internet test.
I do not believe that IQ tests are very valid things to base your intelligence off of.

Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

On one test I got 164 on another test I got 112 I don't think either is right I think I'm in the middle of those numbers.

Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:17 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Arising from my frozen state of death to curse you!
Everyone I know in real life says I have a high IQ, but I wish I don't. They abuse the fact like hell. IMO, IQ cannot be measured in numbers.

The cold-blooded Latias expert in Asia with powers over the stars.

80d10302

Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:11 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I think that it's definitely not fair to compare and judge IQ's unless we all take the same test. The one I took is the 'Classic IQ Test' located at http://web.tickle.com/tests/uiq/index_main.jsp

I scored a 136, lol.

Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thats a good idea SerpentSounds, its just that that test can't be taken by people under 13 and those exactly or over 13 have to fill out a LONG form.

Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, I scored 130, but those online are never accurate.
[example] 2 year old searches for barney website but stumbles upon an I.Q. test. 2 year old randomly clicks buttons and gets 200 I.Q. (plain luck) [/example]

Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:15 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I am good in spotting patterns it said,
but since I have taken a test in real life ( a real one with you pay for with docters and all)

there conclusion was that though I was good in pattern and such (IQ135) I was better in verbal things ( IQ149)
the different language is a bit of a annoyance
ps this test was a lot easier than the one I had to take

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: The chair by the computer, my house, Mölnbo, Sörmlands län, Sweden, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
I took a test, and found out that i'm smarter than average.

But who cares. IQ =/= smartness.

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:07 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well, I am a psychology major and I have learned about IQ tests a lot, so I have a little bit of input. There are 9 types of intelligence and IQ tests only test 2 of them, so that in and of itself says a lot. Also, there have been studies showing that IQ tests can be culturally bias, which results in some races averaging higher and some lower, even when that isn't neccesarily true. So I don't use it as much of a marker unless I were trying to diagnoss somebody as mentally deficient (<70), and even then that wouldn't be the only resource that I would use.

Thanks to my friend martmon for hooking me up with the sweet sig.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:08 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

In my opinion the only thing an IQ test measures is how good you are at IQ tests, other than that they're just numbers you can brag about to your friends and strangers on the internet :lol: . Well I guess if you consider it they do measure a very narrow range of "intelegence" but by no means do they mean you'll be a successful person in life. In fact newer studies show that your eq (emotional quotient), basically how well you interact with other people, is even more important in predicting how well you'll do in life. Unfortunately that can't be measured very well with a test either. In short, pen and paper test aren't a very good measure of any abstract value and just because your a genius doesn't mean you'll be happy or successful.

Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

However, an IQ test isn't a typical test. It doesn't measure what you've just learned or how well you can prepare for it. You don't study for an IQ test, and they don't measure knowledge, but your ability to learn. No one can be "good" at IQ tests like one could be a fair test taker. Though, it is true that more personable and ambitious people do well than a recluse.

Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:11 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

i took an iq test n i got 5000 liek alakazam lol :B

Seriously now, I've never taken an IQ test and I don't know much about them. All I know is they're not "an inteligence" test, as there is more than one type of inteligence and these tests cannot be that exact.

If these tests do measure solely your ability to learn, I would probably get a good mark in languages, but a real poor score in maths and related subjects.

But then again, these tests have way too many flaws to be relevant. You have to be really, really specific.

Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:01 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Most people who brag about their IQ are trying to compensate for lack of accomplishments.

Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:06 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I don't really believe in IQ tests, because as said before the scores vary depending on number of times the test was taken, but it is kind of nice to have a relatively large one if you ever get caught in a nerdy bragging contest (I never did. I swear).

Last time I took it, I got a 151. On http://www.iqtest.com/.

Not first post, but it's somewhere there.

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i know i'm already smart, i got commended on all of my TAKS test and i would have solved a rubix cube if my brother didn't screw up the stickers... anyways, you don't need iq tests to prove your smart

Wed May 16, 2007 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I can't really remember what I scored in my last IQ test quite clearly, but it was around 130-140 I believe. I don't judge anyone's intelligence according to their IQ though.

Thu May 17, 2007 4:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

IQ doesn't really mean anything. It's only a number and measures the brains ability to process new information, not what you already know =/

Mine's 118 last time I took it formaly, which scores "High average."

Sun May 20, 2007 2:01 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Baseline suggestions for [me] 1999 wrote:
Has a high scatter of achievement skills between his reading and writing levels and math - math is 141 where reading is 107, 109 and written language is 111. IQ scores may be depressed.

Individual Education Program, Step 2: Discuss Present Levels of Performance 2002 wrote:
...scoring an IQ composite of 126 on the Kaufman Brief Intelligence test. Academic achievement scores tested at GE 12.9 in areas of reading, math, and written language. However, the matrices subtest of the Kaufman indicates that Matt scores significantly higher on tasks requiring nonverbal reasoning and mental processing than on more school-related verbal tasks. His standard score of 131 on the matrices subtest measuring nonverbal skills placed him withing the upper extreme range of intellectual ability.

That **** IQ test online gave me a 138.

Sun May 20, 2007 3:07 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ive never really gotten a score lower than a 170 on any IQ test i've ever taken

Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:47 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2