It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Mangrove Swamp! No places left. 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: The chair by the computer, my house, Mölnbo, Sörmlands län, Sweden, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
I made this in a roleplaying forum, and it was really great!
Well, this roleplay takes place in a mangrove swamp (O RLY!), and the storyline is yet to take form.
You must play as a pokemon, you dont have levels, and your moveset must be possible. You cant for example know both whirlwind and drill peck, you cant know HM moves if you are a wild pokemon etc.
And if you dont know what a mangrove swamp is: Here is a picture

Roleplayers:
Treekoluv (vibrava)
Meeps (mudkip)
Blazikendude (dusclops)
Xeeros (Toxicroac)

I am..
Name: Slayer
Pokemon: Kabutops
Moves:
Mud shot
Slash
Dive
Rock tomb

Read the rules? Lets start then!

Slayer was confused. Until now he had been his owners favorite pokemon. But then his trainer heard about more advanced battling, and things like physical/special, sweepers and tanks, and EV training. Since slayer didn't have a good moveset for any categories, and couldn't be EVtrained, He suddenly found himself released.

He sat down and thought for a while, and then he remembered his ancient past, the time before getting brought back to life. Back then, there were no humans. Just wilderness. Swamps, forests, deserts. No one told you what to do. You were free. He was the terror of the rivers that time. Swimming without making a noise. Sneaking up to unexpecting Meganiums and attacking them without mercy. He really deserved the nickname "slayer", although the human that named him didn't know anything about this, and made the name just because it sounded cool.

Then Slayer made a decision! He was in a city! A place build by man, imprisoning the earth. This were no place for a free predator. Humans can have their stinking cities, but a vicious predator like slayer need soft soil under his feet. Slayer started walking, searching for a way out of the city.

Half an hour later, Slayer still walked around in the city. IT was quite huge, and he couldn't find the city walls anywhere. He slashed the head off a taillow, and started eating it, still looking. But as you may understand, a predator with scythe hands aren't really a common sight in a human city. Neither is it a welcome one. Soon the city rangers pursuited him, wanting to catch him and make the streets safe again.

Slayer heard a faint noise. He turned around, and saw several armored men with nets. He started running in the opposite direction, because he knew what those men where. He had seen them before, when he was with his ex-trainer.

He saw the way come to a dead end, but he didn't stop. Instead he tackled a garbage container, bounced back, flew over the city rangers and climbed up at a roof. The rangers weren't late to follow, and soon they chased him from roof to roof. He started getting tired, and suddenly tripped. He fell off the roof and landed in a pile of garbage. He heard the rangers, got to his feet and started running again.

He ran through the labyrinth of old, filthy houses, and suddenly he saw the city walls. He got new hope, and started running faster. Risked a glare backwards, and found out that the rangers had recieved reinforcements. They threw a net against him, but he cut himslef loose and ran faster..
three yards left.. two yards left.. just six steps left to reach the freedom.. five.. four..

Slayer suddenly tripped, and fell down. He hit the hard street, and rolled into a wall. Suddenly, a gas grenade srtiked the ground behind him. The shock wave threw himaway, and he rolled closer to the city gate. He turned his head and used a mud shot attack, and flew out. He landed in a mud puddle, used his last powers and crawled in between some trees where the rangers couldn't see him. He fell asleep immidietly.

Slayer opened his eyes. It was bright. Where was he? This wasn't a pokeball, neither a computer box. He opened them a bit more. Green.. Trees? Then it cant be a rest house either. He looked around, and saw the surroundings. Huge trees with roots going down to the water.. Muddy, filthy water.. Remoraids jumping around shooting down volbeats and illumises. A grimer sitting by the waters edge and drink..
He understood that he was in a Mangrove Swamp.

Then he remembered yesterday. Remembered the wild chase. Remembered that he was free.. free..
Free? Was he really free? Now he had to think up strategies all by himself, now he had to get food all by himself.. Well, that shouldn't be that hard, he thought. He sttod up and started sharpen his scythes...

Last edited by ArtisticPlatypus on Thu May 03, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:26 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pokemon:Mudkip
Moves:
Water Gun
Take Down
Protect
Growl

Wild Pokemon

Can I join?

Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: The chair by the computer, my house, Mölnbo, Sörmlands län, Sweden, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Name: Mudkip
Pokemon:Mudkip
Moves:
Water Gun
Take Down
Protect
Growl

Wild Pokemon

Can I join?
Yeah, you can join! Mudskippers (that is their name, isn't it?) are common in mangrove swamps! (yay first person to join!)

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:48 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
He was Abandonned into this mangrove swamp, so he was trained.
Species: Dusclops
Moves:
Shadow punch
shadow ball
confuse ray
mean look
PS: Don't worry, I'm experienced with role plays, I'm in riolu's adventure and poke wars and I'm currently running unforceen havoc.
EDIT: Fixed my mistake and gave him confuse ray.

Last edited by Blazikendude on Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:42 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hm.. Iäd like to hear a longer story than "He was Abandonned into this mangrove swamp, so he was trained. "

More details, more "living" text. Then you may join!

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:55 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
Hm.. Iäd like to hear a longer story than "He was Abandonned into this mangrove swamp, so he was trained. "

I was just trying to say wasn't a wild pokemon! Meeps got away with "wild pokemon" I just did that to say he isn't a wild pokemon. Anyway, here's a second anyway. :roll:
He was abandonned in the swamp bacause he would make creepy noises at night so the trainer couldn't sleep, he also was disobedient in battle, always doing what HE wanted.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ArtisticPlatypus wrote:

I was just trying to say wasn't a wild pokemon! Meeps got away with "wild pokemon" I just did that to say he isn't a wild pokemon. Anyway, here's a second anyway. :roll:
He was abandonned in the swamp bacause he would make creepy noises at night so the trainer couldn't sleep, he also was disobedient in battle, always doing what HE wanted.

OK, you are allowed.
"wild pokemon" was short and could've been longer, but it pretty much covers why he/she is in the swamp.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

As Dusclops was resting in his ball, he sudenly felt the ball opening. "What dark pokemon is this stupid trainer sending me out to get slaughtered by this time?" thought Dusclops to himself. But he realized he wasn't being sen't into battle, he was being released. "What?!? Doesn't he realize how much I enjoy the luxury of a poke ball?" But it was to late, he was already out in the open, and the trainer threw away the poke ball. "What nerves does this kid have? I'll show him mt true power!" Dusclops began slowly walking towards his trainer with aq miscreavious look on his face. Before his trainer could think, he gave him an evil stare, or more simply used mean look. But his trainer noticed his eyes before the look came, and went running towards the agresive pokemon center. "Oh-no, he's trying to get me caught by the wild pokemon catchers! Oh well, I still have one more trick up my sleeve!" As the catchers emerged from the building they were running towards him with speciel ghost pokemon nets. But when they were about to capture him, he vanished into darkness. Repearing on the roof of a building, he decided to take a rest. While he was asleep he felt a presince of humains behind him. Quickly jolting from his sleep to disepear from view again, took to long and the man used the abra that was with him and warping Dusclops away. Disclops awoke to fing himself in the middle of a mangrove swamp, with no help when he needed it.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...

Name:Vibrava
Pokemon:Vibrava
Moves:
Dragon breath
Crunch
Sand tomb
sand attack
Vibrava was owned by a loving trainer who was intended on raising him, but one day on an airplane, the airplane was boarded by robbers who stole everyone's pokemon. The trainer did not want Vibrava to be used for crime, so he dropped the pokeball out the window. The pokeball then fell in the mangrove swamp and broke open.

Is this ok?

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Can I join?

Name:Vibrava
Pokemon:Vibrava
Moves:
Dragon breath
Crunch
Sand tomb
sand attack
Vibrava was owned by a loving trainer who was intended on raising him, but one day on an airplane, the airplane was boarded by robbers who stole everyone's pokemon. The trainer did not want Vibrava to be used for crime, so he dropped the pokeball out the window. The pokeball then fell in the mangrove swamp and broke open.

Is this ok?
OK. You can join!

Slayer sat in a quite nice tree and gnawed at a dead remoraid. Shame to kill such a cool creature, but he had to kill something to get food. He threw away the remoraid head, and started looking around himself to find more food. He heard a whistling sound and turned around, just in time to see a pokeball fall out of the sky. It hit the ground and broke, and out came a pokemon.

Slayer thought "food..?" and hurried towards the pokemon, sharpening his scythes.

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Muddy wanted to try to climb a tree to see what's at the top. After a few minutes of failing the tree-climbing he decided "Hey why don't I go the oppsite way!" He wasn't the best digger in the world but he could dig.

While Muddy was digging he found a dugtrio. The dugtrio chased Muddy to a dead end and so Muddy slammed his head (Ouch) on the top of dugtrio's little cave and found himself right under Slayer. Muddy quickly traded spots with the dugtrio. After Muddy made sure dugtrio couldn't get to him there was an earthquake and Muddy was trapped by two huge boulders. The top and bottom of the cave was way to thick for him to dig into and those rocks were like steel. Muddy was trapped and couldn't get out without help.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Slayer was about to attack the little mudkip, but it somehow managed to hide, and he was face to face with a dugtrio. The dugtrio was stronger than the mudkip, and could eventually become a threat. Well, it is a ground type, and it cant follow me in the water, Slayer thought. He made a backflip, landed in the shallow water and prepared to use mud shot...

Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:43 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Vibrava had only started reganing is strengh after the fall. "Why did he betray me? We were best freinds..." said Vibrava. "And where am I? This isn't a pokemon center, PC box or day care?" Then Vibrava looked down at the swamp's water and saw a broken pokeball. "Could that flying device I was on... did he drop me off it? I... I want to see him again. But he told me that the device was flying to the other side of the region... I'll never see him again..." said Vibrava, looking sad. He decided to look around the place, and then he saw Slayer trying to mud shot a dugtrio. Vibrava quickly jump in front of the dugtrio and hit it with sand tomb. While it was stuck, he crunched down on one of its heads. The dugtrio was stuyned by the blow and started reganing it consinous, but then Vibrava turned around and saw that Slayer was VERY angry.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Before I role play I have to note this: By mistake I gave Dusclops disable when I meant to put down confuse ray, so please keep in mind that he now has confuse ray instead of disable.

As Dusclops regained his conciousnes he heard a brawl going on below the small cliff he was standing on. They were being attacked by a Dugtrio, so without thinking he rushed to the edge of the ledge and studied its movement. When he found a pattern he confused rayed it and the Dugtrio was digging all over the place from confusion, smacking into a huge rock, causing rocks to fall all over it. He saw that they suddenly all looking in his direction. Quickly thinking, Dusclops once again disappeared into the shadows, out of view.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

While Muddy heard the battles above ground he thought "If I can get in I can get out... But how?" and at that moment despite the chaos above he had recalled the fact that water beats ground. So Muddy used Water Gun on the top of dugtrio's little cave. The top of the cave became soggy, mushy, and wet. Muddy could easily get out now. And he got out fast. When Muddy got out he saw that he made quick sand. Muddy ran away from the quick sand and found a Tamato Berry (So spicy your mouth will burst into flames!) Muddy never saw or think he would see one so he ate it. Muddy thought his mouth would burst into flames so he ran over to the swamp. On the way there he hit Dusclops and after that Muddy yelled " Ahhhhh! I'm on fire!!!" Then, suddeny for reasons unknown he bashed his head on a rock KOing himself instantly...

Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Slayer shoot a mud shot at the dugtrio, who didn't seem to be very damaged. Then he suddenly saw a vibrava attacking the dugtrio. Slayer got the idea that if he let vibrava battle a while, he couls knock out them both easier. He started storing mud from the swamp ground, to shoot out later.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:38 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

^One question, mud shot doesn't affect Vibravas.^

Dusclops was startled by a mudkip bumping into him, and without hesitating he unleash a lump of shadows [shadow ball] at it, not knowing it was already KO'd. Now consetrated on the Dugtrio, he quickly unleashed punches that he threw from the shadows, [shadow punch] sending the Dugtrio into a world of pain.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:49 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

^One question, mud shot doesn't affect Vibravas.^

Dusclops was startled by a mudkip bumping into him, and without hesitating he unleash a lump of shadows [shadow ball] at it, not knowing it was already KO'd. Now consetrated on the Dugtrio, he quickly unleashed punches that he threw from the shadows, [shadow punch] sending the Dugtrio into a world of pain.

We can write "Not roleplay:" before writing something that isn't the actual roleplay.

Not roleplay: To answer your question. Guess why trainers tell their pokemon what to do. Pokemon aren't that smart. And i dont think abilities count here, so mud shot is not very effective, but can still cause damage.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:26 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Not roleplay: Can we have abbilities? Slayer still has water moves to hit Vibrava with.

Roleplay: Vibrava started kicking sand [sand attack] in Dugtrio's face, and when it couldn't hit him, he used dragon breath. The blow knocked the Dugtrio out. "My trainer sure taught me how to fight well!" thought Vibrava. But then he turned around only to see slayer storing mud for mud shot. Vibrava knew what he was going to do, but Vibrava was still unaware that he had levitate, so he just used his in-complete flight skills, because his wings wouldn't carry him far untill he evolved, flew far enough of the trees and well into a deep sleep...

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:19 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Roleplay: Slayer swa that quite a bunch of pokemon attacked the dugtrio. He felt sorry for the poor pokemon, after all it was a hunter just like him, so he took aim at the dusclops and fired his mud shot...

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:30 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Slayer's Mud Shot missed Dusclops and hit muddy in the face. He was blinded by the mud and ran off the edge of the small cliff and landed on dugtrio and all the mud on Muddy splattered on dugtrio. Then, suddenly he spotted something flying on the other side of the swamp. Not a pokemon it was to small to be a pokemon...

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quickly alerted by mud shot, Dusclops turned his gaze at slayer. "What was that for?!? If you're a carnevor why are you attacking me?!? If you didn't notice I'm a ghost, no meat in ghost. Anyway, here's a punishment! CONFUSE RAY!" Dusclops unleashed a ball of dizzying light at slayer, hitting him in the face.

Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

not roleplay: a lesson i've learned, you cant say that you hit my face, you can say that you aimed at my face!

roleplay:
Slayer saw the dusclops firing a weird move against him. He dived into the shallow water to dodge.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Vibrava started to wake up in the tree. But then he saw a mudkip walking by. Vibrava was curious about it and flew down the tree in front of it. Vibrava didn't want to hurt it. He just staired into it's eyes, hoping the mudkip wouldn't run away.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Muddy did the only thing he knew to do in a sitution like this. Thinking he was about to be killed he just said "...Hi..."

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next