It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Legendary Pokemon? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Um...there is a fine line between ubers and legendaries. Ubers are things like Deoxys/Mewtwo/Lugia/Ho-oh/Groudon/Kyogre etc. Legendaries aren't as powerful (the trios) so I don't know what everyone's gripe is about legendaries. People complaining about legendaries is stupid, since they're not really that much more powerful than "normal" pokemon.

I'd use Suicune/Raikou/Zapdos. Does that make me a "stupid noob" who is "cheap?" No. Learn the differences, people.

thats still a bit cheap, take raikou for example, he's a pure elctric type and for a pure electric type his stats are very high compared to other like raichu and jolteon...same goes for suicune and zapdos, and nobody ever said "stupid noob" just that its cheap, unfair, and unrealistic...

Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:24 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think that legendary pkmn are quite the same as normal ones, the only difference is that u like them :D

Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:32 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hmm... I don't think I've ever used a Legendary in a battle...

When I was new to the world of Pokemon, back when I owned Blue Version, I used to have Mewtwo in my team. I decided it was cheap and replaced him with Charizard.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:34 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

legendaries = cheap wins
but my friends use them and i kick their ass anyway so...

I agree with you, only people who find it difficult to win use legendaries

Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:47 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

i dissagre i mean if their your favorites sure but whats the point of having six?

No, what I'm saying is this: I don't think you should have a team with every one a legendary. That would be cheap, variety-less, and stupid. (They're not really faves for me, except Mewtwo, I use them for power.) However you can have all the legends you want, and think of it as something of a collector's item. I mean, I have 3 legends on my LG team, but none on my Blue team because there's much more to choose from in Blue, but when the Advanced Gen came out everyone got weaker, especially legends. (I could use Mewtwo but I replaced him with Raichu. I have no Psychic types on my team in Blue.)
I hope I expressed my point.

- DNA

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm usually against them, but sometimes they just fit in my team SOO well, I have to use them. For example: Palkia, a water dragon, may be ledgendary, but fits too well in my team to pass up. The only other water dragon is kingdra, and I don't plan on getting a good one of them (I have one in my ruby, but it's not that great). Sometimes people just get too overprotective about their pokemon, and get angry at someone who uses something stronger than theirs. I've been sucking up to these people for a while now, and I'm sick of it. I'm gonna use ledgendaries if I damn please! (okay maybe one or two at most...)

And now for something completely different!

I just had a dream last night that I fought a mewtwo, level 21 with my pokeradar. It could resist a masterball, and it reverted one of my pokemon into an egg. Sorry, I couldn't resist sharing that stupid dream...

255 is the true devil's number.

typhlosion blaze wrote:
Wait, the guy who made this topic plays runescape? So 3rd grade.

From my "Stupid Insults" thread, where people tell eachother how people insulted them in a hilariously stupid manner, how ironic!

Tue May 01, 2007 6:27 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

You wont be able to pick what pkm your oponent uses so its like bobing for apples.

personaly i use a multitude of diffrent pkm on my team.
currently im using;
Lugia
Torterra
Espeon
Staraptor
latias/latios (diffrent movesets)
Umbreon/mew/scizzor/metagross (most comonly swaped atm)

theres plenty of ways a normal team would beat a legendary
and with selective breeding and ev training you can make some very strong normals.

in the end it does't really matter.
some 1 beats u using ubers, claiming they are noobs for doing so is pointless. go get your own uber team out and prove your a better trainer and tactician even at a uber level with a rematch. END of Discussion tbh.

Wed May 02, 2007 9:10 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

No. The reason: it presents a greater challenge when it comes to team building -- something that I enjoy doing; however, I am tempted to use Giratina -- I like the character itself, not for its amazing stats.

Wed May 02, 2007 10:15 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like raising up my pokemon. If I get a legendary at, like, level 70, it's not as fun because it didn't take much effort to get it. I really like the way some legendaries look though - like Suicune, Entei, Articuno, and Dialga.

Wed May 02, 2007 5:46 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Meh i hate legends, they might be good but legens are ment to be wild. it don't seem right to control a groudon in a pokeball a normal trainer can't handle one. but i never use em.. :? and i do not like get a high lvl pkmn without training them..
Were is all of the love? :cry:
thanks
kody

Thu May 03, 2007 4:57 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I disagree entirely with people who use legendary pokemon in battles. I don't mind in game use so much but i think there is little skill involved with having your team full of legendaries. I only collect them.

Thu May 03, 2007 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I train them to lvl 100(which i havn't done yet to single 1 yet.....), and i use them 4 training weak pkmn with exp share

When i have the powers of a mod.... I'M GOING TO DESTROY EVERY STUPID THREAD AND PUT IT IN THAT LAIR THING AND BAN THE CREATORS OF THAT THREAD! ITS BRILIANT BRILIANT BRILIANT!!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA*hack*HAHAHAAAAA!!...........Did i over do it?

Sat May 05, 2007 6:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I use Latios and Kyogre every once in a while. I never use Raikou though. Jolteon is much better. :wink:

Sun May 06, 2007 10:34 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i keep giratina in my party cuz it goes with my ghost type guys. i havent trained it yet. i usually only use legendaries to train my other guys with. Is Rotom a legendary? cuz i can breed them and stuff, so i'm not sure.

Sun May 06, 2007 10:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

In my oppinion, the legendaries are mainly there as a bonus just so you can say "yeah well, I just caught so and so!" or if anything a trump card for battles. I personally refuse to use them. I think that they have an unfair advantage, despite that the legendary birds from R/B/Y have pretty bad attacks once you catch them.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Sun May 06, 2007 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Krisp wrote:
Um...there is a fine line between ubers and legendaries. Ubers are things like Deoxys/Mewtwo/Lugia/Ho-oh/Groudon/Kyogre etc. Legendaries aren't as powerful (the trios) so I don't know what everyone's gripe is about legendaries. People complaining about legendaries is stupid, since they're not really that much more powerful than "normal" pokemon.

I'd use Suicune/Raikou/Zapdos. Does that make me a "stupid noob" who is "cheap?" No. Learn the differences, people.

thats still a bit cheap, take raikou for example, he's a pure elctric type and for a pure electric type his stats are very high compared to other like raichu and jolteon...same goes for suicune and zapdos, and nobody ever said "stupid noob" just that its cheap, unfair, and unrealistic...
but theyre are electric pokemon better than raikou so how is that cheap

Sun May 06, 2007 9:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Selsix wrote:
Krisp wrote:

but theyre are electric pokemon better than raikou so how is that cheap

whether there are other ones better than them or not, its the principle that matters. you get them further into the game and they are still at a fairly high level (depending on how you train your party) and I believe that gives them a significant advantage over opponents. Therefor taking experience away from the pokemon in our parties that really need it.

(and I apologize for the mis-quote...I just got lazy)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Mon May 07, 2007 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I like raising and cathing all different pokemon I'm not that serious about all this but my Kyogre is just a backup. That way I don't white out plus I use it to surf around. That's all. :roll:

Mon May 07, 2007 2:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I work hard to obtain them and I am proud when I do. Once I have one or whatever, I put in the the PC and use them as trophies, to remember my accomplishments.

I actually did not know about ubers, I am relatively new to Online Pokemon terminology.

Tue May 08, 2007 6:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

A while ago someone mentioned "Over the top," and someone said they didn't know what it meant. 'Over the top' is a military term used when soldiers in trenches charge out "over the top" when they are under attack. They try to go from point A to point B losing as few men as possible.

But I like legendaries. I work hard with them. I don't find them unfair, as anyone can use them. However, I like, unless I'm in a tourney, to try to equal it out. I have several nonlegendary pokemon on level 100. Like charizard, typlosion, blaziken, swampert, sceptile, breloom, camerupt, metagross, walrein, tyranitar, kingdra, slowking, espeon, and shedinja.

Fri May 11, 2007 2:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I like having them like Joten said, for the achievement, but I don't really use them very much, unless I have just one to take with me for the sake of it.

They're a lot like very nice trophies that you can use sometimes.

Fri May 11, 2007 4:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dunno I raise both and a sweeping deoxys is ****** sweet
I mean I even raised a espeon dispite it's horrible movepool but I enjoy legendaries and I plan to keep it this way.

Fri May 11, 2007 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Illiterate
Illiterate

I limit myself to 1 legend pokemon.Because I think people that have 3 or more just either have no skill or just cheat.I collect them just to have,and have just 1 in my team.

Sun May 13, 2007 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I RECON THAT {kyogre} ROCKS BECAUSE IT IS THE STRONGEST TYPE

CAESER.X

Mon May 14, 2007 3:38 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Here's my opinion about legendaries:

I work hard to obtain them and I am proud when I do. Once I have one or whatever, I put in the the PC and use them as trophies, to remember my accomplishments.

I actually did not know about ubers, I am relatively new to Online Pokemon terminology.

Yea i'm pretty much the same, i am a collector. I don't use them in battle unless i either know my opponent is using them (arranged Battles) or i'm fighting the Elite 4 a second/third/fourth ect. time. They're fun but rasing my pokemon from a lower lvl and evolving them is better.

In my current battle team, the highest lvl pokemon i caught was my Garchomp (was a lvl 16 Gible). All others have been lvl 10 or lower. It's just more fun that way.

Wed May 16, 2007 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next