It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Question: Why did this happen...? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ok. I have LGFR, and i've beaten only the 1st three gym leaders. only one of those badges say they allow higher level pokémon (up to lvl 30, cascade badge, Misty) obey you. I have trained alot, so my pokémon are getting higher than lvl 30, yet they still obey me. I thought when they get to a high lvl, they start doing wierd things where the pokémon dont obey after they reach lvl 30 (accoring to the cascade badge). Why do they still obey me?

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well it relly only applies too traded Pokes, or those that level up too many levels all at once. I think there is something to do with Happiness in that all.

For example, the longer you train the Poke in question, the more it will grow attached to you. A Poke with a higher friendship is less likely to disobey you because it is growing attached to you.

ONe that you traded, or levelled up with Rare CAndies would be less inclined to listen to you, because its happiness hasn't increased.

Hope I helped.

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:02 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

so as i "translate" it like this:
after the high lvl is reached by the pokémon, if its happiness value is higher then a set value, then it will still obey you.
am i correct?
then how would you determine the set value?

P.S. if anyone else can think of different reasons, keep posting.

Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:14 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Personally I think the badge requirements seem to be applicable only to traded Pokemon, but then again the theory about Pokemon's Happiness might be true too, for I've never tried to make my Pokemon unhappy to see if they'll still obey me.

Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:09 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Personally I think the badge requirements seem to be applicable only to traded Pokemon, but then again the theory about Pokemon's Happiness might be true too, for I've never tried to make my Pokemon unhappy to see if they'll still obey me.

Makes sense. This happened to me too...I think my Quilava got to lvl 30 or something yet he still listened. The happiness may be related or just because it's your Pokemon. Then again if you don't like happy Pokemon then I don't want to know your training methods...Heheh.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:16 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Me too I trained my wortortle to lv.33 it was mine and it obeyed
i think it only applies to traded pokemon

Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My Wartortle is level 45 after beating the first three gyms, and it still obeys me, so...

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:36 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

For those that you captured, that like you alot, will behave for you regardless of badges (to an extent - a level 100 charizard won't listen to you if you had just beaten cerulean gym)

Happiness, and whether or not it is traded, will affect obedience.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:51 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

All of these stories are really informative in all, but I think the only way to get the true answer is to extract the game info. we cant just continue guessing all over the place and think its correct. i think the only person that might be getting somewhere is Peanut-Lover. the point of it only applying to traded pokémon might be correct, but we haven't prooven it yet.
however, only a small select few people have that ability to extract game info. this might be (but i doubt it) a topic to look into. but unless you can extract game data, we cant do anthing more then make guesses about it until the admins (or someone else with the same knowledge) do the extracting.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:47 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Or you might have spent a little time by yourself testing certain situations to find your answer rather than wasting everyone's time by asking people to guess what the hell is going on and then say no one's right, that you can't use this information because they haven't proven the relatively pointless question with game data, which should have found its way into the FAQs thread anyway like 70% of all the questions asked in the forum.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:46 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Or you might have spent a little time by yourself testing certain situations to find your answer rather than wasting everyone's time by asking people to guess what the hell is going on and then say no one's right, that you can't use this information because they haven't proven the relatively pointless question with game data, which should have found its way into the FAQs thread anyway like 70% of all the questions asked in the forum.

I’m reading this and I’m punching myself in the face. I hear you. The truth hurts, and because of that, I’d like to say I’m sorry if I hurt anyone. I guess I just got a little frustrated that haven't gotten a complete 100% straight answer. I was being selfish, and I sincerely apologize.

If anyone wants to post other opinions, feel free to do so, I won't complain. I promise.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
It only affects traded pokemon, IF they were traded then somethings wrong.

Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So then.... Let's just say that unless they were traded, ignore the "won't obey" aspect. Say if you train your new level five Charamander to level 100 using nothing but level 3 Spearows and Mankeys, then sure, there shouldn't be a problem with that.

datachange, don't worry, I don't think anyone is going to have any hard feelings towards you.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I remember that i had to train my charmelion till 35 before it took down misty single handed. and your pokemon must really like you and they must be at their highest liking rate or around there hope i helped. (this is normal my kadabra used to obey me even when it didnt have the other badges ) just be careful or it migh not obey later when you train it (happened when i was battling the 5th gym)

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]