It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 I'm thinking of re-starting LG game... 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It got far too drawn-out and repetitive and I got bored... lol. I don't know which starter to pick... Any suggestions on which starter to choose?

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I suggest choosing Bulbasaur or Squirtle. Charmander gets KO"D at the first 2 Gyms.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If you want a challenge, go with Charmander.

If you want an easy beginning, go with Bulbasaur.

If you just have no clue who to pick, go with Squirtle. lol

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

um.. Guys you make it sound like starting with Charmander is like trying to go threw he E4 with Wurmple's. Charmander is not that hard if used in the right way. You can have Charmander at level 14 and learn metal claw, and that is pretty effective on Brock, I had no troubles with it. Also, in Veridian forest you can find Pikachu and if you get it to a high enough level that it won't get OHKO'd by Misty's pokèmon, then it shouldn't be that hard. You might also want to look for a rock or ground pokèmon before facing Lt.Surge, then it is easy from there. Anything can be easy if you plan it good enough. If you do get Charmander, and get all the other pokèmon on the side for the gym's, then I would suggest keeping them at a close level, not having Charmander at level 18 and the rest at 10. I try to have them all close by one or two levels.

I based this post around Charmander because everyone else doubted it and said go with Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Chose Squirtle - Not only is he my favourite, but I really do think he is the best. This may sound biased but, Squirtle can beat each of Brock's pokemon with one hit even if your Squirtle is 3 levels lower than them. Before that, catch a pikachu in Viridian Forest, train it to beat Misty. In the mean time, you should have been able to patch up a strong enough team to thrash the 3rd gym leader.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:05 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

um.. Guys you make it sound like starting with Charmander is like trying to go threw he E4 with Wurmple's. Charmander is not that hard if used in the right way. You can have Charmander at level 14 and learn metal claw, and that is pretty effective on Brock, I had no troubles with it. Also, in Veridian forest you can find Pikachu and if you get it to a high enough level that it won't get OHKO'd by Misty's pokèmon, then it shouldn't be that hard. You might also want to look for a rock or ground pokèmon before facing Lt.Surge, then it is easy from there. Anything can be easy if you plan it good enough. If you do get Charmander, and get all the other pokèmon on the side for the gym's, then I would suggest keeping them at a close level, not having Charmander at level 18 and the rest at 10. I try to have them all close by one or two levels.

I based this post around Charmander because everyone else doubted it and said go with Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

I never doubted him. I've done Charmander loads of times. I was just saying Charmander if he wanted a challenge, that's all. & instead of using Charmander against Brock, he could get a Mankey on Route 22 (next to Viridian City) to fight him. & then so forth with the Pikachu and so on.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm assuming that you can't trade to get all three starters, so just choose your favorite pokemon and train a strong team so you don't have to rely heavily on your starter.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:18 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

do what i do, go with your favorites. Charmander with metal claw can pwn Brock BTW. Pikachu takes care of mistyand from there its easy.

Be sure to visit Pokemon Trainer Alex's Signature Shop for great Signature Banners like this one!

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
do what i do, go with your favorites. Charmander with metal claw can pwn Brock BTW. Pikachu takes care of mistyand from there its easy.

Yeah but isn't steal super effective on rock and not very effective on ground?

Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:48 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yeah but isn't steal super effective on rock and not very effective on ground?

No. Steel vs Ground = normal damage.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
I'm assuming that you can't trade to get all three starters, so just choose your favorite pokemon and train a strong team so you don't have to rely heavily on your starter.
No, I took {bulbasaur} and traded it to my brothers game and then deleted my game and took
{charmander} and traded my brother a pidgey for {bulbasaur}.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I didn't realize it that I picked Charmander for both LG/FR and now I have to restart my LG so I can work on getting the three dogs.

Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Squritle. You can find Raikou with Squirtle as your starter. Squirtle has good defense so choose it as your starter.

Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:00 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Here's something no one's suggested yet . . . ditch the starter! Catch the first wild Pokemon you encounter, and build your team from there. Provides a very unique challenge.

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Here's something no one's suggested yet . . . ditch the starter! Catch the first wild Pokemon you encounter, and build your team from there. Provides a very unique challenge.

Haha, I do that sometimes.

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:24 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

papersun wrote:

Haha, I do that sometimes.

haha yeh, i did it once - loved it, now im thinking of starting with...MILOTIC!!! HOws that for a starter

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]