It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Discussion 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

As some of you may know, the seventh and final novel to the Harry Potter series is to be released in early July. I created this thread for members to post rumors, facts, opinions, thoughts, etc. about the final book. The book is to be titled Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Let the discussion begin!

Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This book is going to be awesome. I've read the series numerous times, and I hope this will book will have a good ending.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Cover!

(earlier edited by a mod. if wanted to edit it, at least don't say "this URL is heugggggggg", or somethin like that.

Last edited by Titan of Lightning on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I haven't been a Harry Potter fan since seventh grade, but I've got the books and seen the movies since then anyways. I even saw Goblet at it's midnight screening, and it was really fun (minus the part about going to school in the morning... ugh...)!

The seventh book looks really good and I know I won't be able to keep myself away from it. I mean, so many loose endings. Most of all, does Harry die?!

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Most likely. In fact, most Harry Potter fans are forcing J.K. Rowling to. Sad, lifeless little urchens...

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh Lordy, I was the most insane "Potterhead" back a few years ago, too. I knew all the actors (for example, Robbie Coltrane, who plays Hagrid, has the same birthday as I do. And it's tomorrow [the 30th]!!), characters, every spelling mistake, piece of foreshadowing and odd coincidence.

Book Five Spoilers: (The colour alone didn't cover it up all too well so I made it small, too.)

For example, when Harry goes to the hospital, if you made a sign for where he was, it'd be something like:
Creature Induced
Dangerous Animals
Dai Lylwan Ward (My memory has failed me)
Serious Bites
I know I got some of that wrong, but look at the first word of each line: "Creature Dangerous Dai Serious." Now change around the spelling and you get "Kreacher dangerous, die Sirius!" Interesting, eh?

Not to mention, Sirius's vault number is 721, which is also the page number he dies on in the UK version.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

For example, when Harry goes to the hospital, if you made a sign for where he was, it'd be something like:
Creature Induced
Dangerous Animals
Dai Lylwan Ward (My memory has failed me)
Serious Bites
I know I got some of that wrong, but look at the first word of each line: "Creature Dangerous Dai Serious." Now change around the spelling and you get "Kreacher dangerous, die Sirius!" Interesting, eh?

Not to mention, Sirius's vault number is 721, which is also the page number he dies on in the UK version.

<center>... ... ... :shock: Holy! You were such a fanatic! Did you do anything besides Harry Potter?</center>

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lifeless, yes.

Did I figure that out myself? Haha! No.

My favorite Harry Potter fansite actually, which I was pathetically in love with. I haven't been there in God knows how long, but I used to check there once every few hours. I was really insane with Harry Potter. Come to think of it... In my whole life, I was probably best known for that. Even more than I am now for liking Pokemon or being the annoying kid who answers every question in class or wearing Mario t-shirts 80% of the time.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The book should be nice I just hope J.K. Rowling doesn't do something like kill-off Ron or something like they did Dumbledore, Harry most likely won't die it doesn't take a genius to figure that out, even if the legend states he will.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The book should be nice I just hope J.K. Rowling doesn't do something like kill-off Ron or something like they did Dumbledore, Harry most likely won't die it doesn't take a genius to figure that out, even if the legend states he will.

Not sure how you can say that, look at my reasoning:

Voldemort has divisions of his soul.

Harry has powers that rival Voldey's and can see through his eyes and such.

Thus, Harry must be a division of Voldey's soul (horcrux)

Therefore, Harry must kill himself in order to kill voldey. Tis the only way, then Ron and Hermione will give birth to ginger, clever children. Bet you my DS Lite and Wii.

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

.... That actually makes sense. And all this time I thought it was so no-one else could right about him.

You live and learn...

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Latios wrote:

Therefore, Harry must kill himself in order to kill voldey. Tis the only way, then Ron and Hermione will give birth to ginger, clever children. Bet you my DS Lite and Wii.

I know all that stuff but it's logic that J.K. Rowlings will makee up some type of way to get out of it. I don't think she would want Harry to be remembered that way, and neither do the fans. That's why I say he will live.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Did you come up with that by yourself? I'm not sure about Harry dying. I hope Rowling at least adds in a happy ending for everyone else to make Harry's death a bit more bearable.

J.K. Rowling wrote:
Someone from Harry's class, not Harry or Ron, and not "the one you think", will become a Hogwarts teacher.

I suppose this means Hogwarts will indeed reopen. I can't be sure though.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Latios wrote:

That sounds really intelligent Obs, I never knew you were such a Potterhead. :P

Like the first time I read when Dumbledore died and I was like OMG DAT SNAPE IS N EVIL MAN GUY until a co-worker of my aunt's explained to me the whole double-double crossing idea. I probably would have figured it out on my own, but this was only a day after I found out Dumbledore was dead so I was still upset.

I remember throwing the book at the wall when Sirius died?! He was my favorite character.

Ginger kids?! Haha, I take it you watch South Park? :P

My sister's ginger... ew...

Edit: *holds gun to Rowling's head and whispers "You better make him wrong -- I want a freakin' Wii!"*

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, my friend and I came up with the theory, but it is a generally known idea around the more...indepth of Harry Potter sites. We spent a whole day looking up the different ideas.

I don't watch South Park, that was from my own head too...

*Grabs Wii and holds onto it desperately.*

Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hehe, I can pretty much see you there holding onto your Wii as if it were... your own child or something. :P

By "in depth Harry Potter sites" do you mean Mugglenet? XD

You don't watch South Park? They had an episode where all these "ginger kids" were considered evil for their freckles and red hair. It works well because my sister has both of those and most people who meet her say she looks like she's constantly plotting their death in the back of her mind. She has that evil smile. And it's true; she DOES look like that.

Someone is playing that ridiculous Justin Timberlake song outside. I wish I was at Hogwarts. Then I wouldn't have to listen to this ridiculous garbage.

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

After finishing the third book, I dreamt I was at Hogwarts, and that I played Quidditch. When I woke up, I actually nearly cried!

But yeah, the last book is going to piss everone off. I mean, think about it. My theory is different to others, and if my theory is right, everone will be annoyed. If it is another theory, then I will be annoyed. She can't win.

And I think it may well have been Mugglenet!

Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You'll probably find Rowling will go to a fansite and read all the speculations on who will die or on the ending and then change the ending to something like:

"And as Harry, Ron and Hermione looked down at Voldermort's lifeless body... They turned into ice skating mongooses and danced the Bolero."

Hey... It could happen.

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:01 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

You'll probably find Rowling will go to a fansite and read all the speculations on who will die or on the ending and then change the ending to something like:

"And as Harry, Ron and Hermione looked down at Voldermort's lifeless body... They turned into ice skating mongooses and danced the Bolero."

Hey... It could happen.

I sure hope not... I would hate to get my hopes up for an excited and completely unexpected ending and something like that to happen. :?

But I suppose I should mentally and emotionally prepare for something like that. :(

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Obs: Mugglenet pwns life. :D If ya wanna see somethin' funny, use the search function there and look for the news article about Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban in 15 Minutes. There's a link to it and it's one of the funniest things I've ever read. Including Super Mudkip and Mega Treecko, and that one was so great I printed it off and carried it around and read it to people after exams.

Jamie: Yeah, I can see something like that happening. I do hate books like that though... I'd be absolutely pissed off and mortified if she did something as ridiculously stupid as leaving an ambiguous ending. I want to know what happened to ALL of them. Or I'll bomb JK. :)

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:12 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Another interesting theory circulating lately is that JK will use an epilogue, detailing the rest of the character's lives, to prevent other authors from coming in and continuing the story. This way she doesn't have to kill Harry, because she ca just say "He lived happily ever after with Ginny and died age 120 in his sleep." Hmmm... would be pretty rubbish though...

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well, Dumbledore is definitely dead but he will make an appearance somehow in the final novel. There is a portrait of him in the headmistresses office now, but in the sixth book he is sleeping peacefully in the picture. I've also heard that in the last book, we will learn more about Wormtail (Peter Petigrew) and Dumbledore's pasts.

Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I've read all the other books so I can't wait for The Deathly Hallow to come out. It's also cool cuz it comes out on my birthday :D

Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:10 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think it is going to be released in the same month that Pheonix is in theaters

Tue May 08, 2007 8:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i am so excited to read it!!!!! To be honest i think that Harry might die because i meen it would be weird for it tio end in they lived happily ever after i think that he'll die or it will have a creative ending and harry potter book fans know that jk rowling is good at being creative!

Hey im looking for shiny charmander,charmeleon,or charizard and a reg. latias pm me w'ell work sumtin out!!

Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next