It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:54 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Backfire Game (Read 1st post before playing or else!) 
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Hello citizens of Psypoke.

I'm going to start a game up that I believe will (or should) meet with great success. Well, mostly should, as the game "Backfire" has also gone under the name "Corrupt-a-Wish". Yes, you may think "Yeah right, this got locked 3 times already because of spammers." Although this is true, I believe it is because that no ground rules were laid. To cure the problem, I am going to lay them down right now: the Rules of Gameplay, and the Rules of Moderation. Read all rules of both sets or you will not be allowed to play. Agreed? Now pay attention:

Rules of Gameplay

1. This is pretty simple at first glance. The first person (i.e. myself) will make a wish, e.g. I wish I had a car, and the next person who posts must find a way to corrupt the wish, i.e. make it "backfire". Here are examples of two easier wishes:

I wish I had a fast car. / Granted, but the car's an absolute wreck.
I wish I had a glass of milk. / Granted, but the milk is curdled.

The person who corrupted the wish then makes a new wish, which must be corrupted, and so on ad infinitum. (OK this will not go on forever.)

2. Each wish can only be corrupted once. That is, if someone has corrupted a wish and made a new wish, another person cannot do the same, but must corrupt the new wish.

3. Only wishes that affect you personally can be used, otherwise they are not fair game. Here is an example:

I wish you were dead. / Granted, but not without taking you with me.

Also wishes regarding one's personal intelligence are forbidden. (The wish "I wish I was really smart" and similar affecting yourself are OK though.) Here is an example that should never be used:

I wish you were retarded. / Granted, but even then I'm smarter than you.

Wishes of that nature are strictly forbidden and thoroughly disgusting, and will end up with an early lock-date.

4. You can only wish for one thing. That is, you can't put "I wish for this, and this, and this,..." etc. That means Jigglypuff's wish about the sandwich (click on the first link on this post) wouldn't be fair game. (No offense Jigglypuff, I appreciate what you do for the site as webmaster.)

5. The only posts you can post here are those that actually relate to this game. If you want to comment on someone's sig or image, you will have to PM him or her. (However, commenting on someone's bad attitude or breaking any rules here is OK, just as long as you corrupt a wish if you can.) Also, no sarcasm. Sarcasm can make one appear rude, which may give him or her a bad reputation. So don't do it.

*EDIT: 6. Forgot about this one. No using "Opposite Day" to corrupt your wish. Not only is that unfair (it can "corrupt" anything), but it is a paradox in itself and essentially does not exist.

Rules of Moderation

1. I will officially consider this topic closed on April 15, 2007, 00:00 GMT, or if no one has posted for 7 days. If someone posts after over 7 days exactly, I will consider that a "necromancy", which is illegal. (I am not placing myself up by the mods; I just want to have a date set.)

2. Posts here are limited to one per day. That is, if you have posted here, you cannot do so again for 24 hours. Editing your existing post for mistakes and such is acceptable though.

3. If you make a post, do so with proper grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Not doing so, I will consider that as a Stupid Pointless Annoying Message (SPAM). Remember, the others got locked for spamming. Violating rule 2 of Moderation is also considered SPAM.

If you are confused in any way over the rules, I will show you examples from past locked topics of this game for what and what not to do.

Here is the link to the first Corrupted Wish Game. Read pages 1 and 2, and the second half to page 3. Also kudos to A deadly person! Ohno! for not spamming at all.

Here is the link to the second Corrupted Wish Game. Unlike the first one, this one was horrible and was riddled with spam, had no ground rules, etc. This is an example not to follow. Kudos to Skull Kid for locking it early before it got out of hand!

The mods can lock this topic at their own discretion for whatever reason, but I just don't want the topic locked for the potential of spamming...maybe it will, maybe it won't. But if it does get spammed, then I invite the mods to lock this thing before the game itself gets corrupted. If this gets locked early, I know now that there will never be a Corrupted Wish Game on Psypoke again, so let this be a warning to people.

I'm laying the ground rules now so there will be no misunderstanding or feigning ignorance from anyone. If you follow the above rules you are welcome to play. Now, here's my wish:

I wish I was more powerful than Mewtwo.
First other person to post corrupts this wish.

Last edited by DNA on Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:15 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

After a bit of discussion with the rest of the staff, we'll be allowing this game to run. However, I'll be keeping very close tabs on it, and deleting any posts that are not following every one of the rules SorcererDNA has laid out.
-JsX™

Now then, on to the wishes.

Granted, but you also have the Berserk Gene, so you're confused all the time, and have a 50% chance of hurting yourself with your incredible powers.

I wish that I was done with my Foreign Language Requirement at college already.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:34 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Granted, but now all other classes now have longer terms and less credits.

I wish I could get my Career Paper done faster.

"A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy." - Jerry Springfield

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:53 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

but do to the fact that it was done quickly, it was filled with errors and you received a failing grade.

I hope that this is alright
I wish I was no longer sick, and I could go back to school.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Granted, but now you have so much catch-up work you won't be able to visit Psypoke for three days!

I wish falling asleep was easy for me.

Edit: SorcererDNA, I have a question. Will your post be deleted if it hasn't been 24 hours? I mean, say it's been 20 hours or 22 hours...?

Mod Edit: Yes. By me.
-JsX™

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:30 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Granted, but then Kasey will haunt your dreams (inside joke)

I wish I didnt have to wake up at 5 in the morning, or earlier, to catch a bus to school, when school is in walking distance.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:42 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

(Phew...Knowing this will be a potentially fruitful thread really takes a load off my chest. Thank you, JsXtm. *breathes huge sigh of relief* Anyway...)

Granted. But then, you wake up too late for school and get irritating tardy notices.

I wish my pillows could be used as lethal boomerangs!

Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:06 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Granted, but now you have nowhere to place your head at night. :(

I wish making friends was easy.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Granted, but now all they do is hang around you and make you go crazy.

I wish . . . that pokemon were real.

Question: Are you allowed to post more than once in this comp?

Mod Edit: Yes, but each post must be at least 24 hours after your previous post.
-JsX™

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Granted, but the pokemon cause major amounts of damage across the face of the planet with their battles and powers, and you are blamed for making the wish.

I wish that I could read japanese so that I could have gotten diamond and pearl back in September.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Granted, but you make fun of a guy for having a tatoo of Japaneese characters that says something disgusting when he thought it meant, "inner strength." So he breaks your DS in retaliation.

I wish for a potion that would grant immortality and eternal mental and physical health to any two multi-cellular life forms.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:08 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

wish granted but most of the world has decayed and your stuck in antartica

I wish i was a pokemon....

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:49 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Granted, but seeing as you are the only pokemon (assuming things work like the anime/game), noone else shall understand you, and you cannot undo the wish.

I wish I could clean my room more quickly - I need to clean it and remove all food residues by next monday morning (for passover).

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I forgot you were Jewish, PL. Odd, I knew the meaning of Passover before I knew the meaning of Easter, and my family is Anglican on one side and Roman Catholic on the other. Yay Rugrats?

Oh, right. Granted, but you cleaned so fast your mind didn't have time to store all the information of where you put everything, and you lost all your Pokemon video games in your cleaning frenzy!

I wish... I wish I was allowed back in #psypoke?

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:59 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Granted...but who knows when someone changes his or her mind...? (Try not to use wishes involving admin activity please...) Anyway...

I wish David Hasselhoff could fly! (David Hasselhoff is the lifeguard from Baywatch and appeared in the SBSP movie)

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Granted, but now he can't come down to land and eat, so he dies.

I wish that there were no such thing as wasps.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Granted but, The wasps turn into man eating bears.

I wish I was a famous member in psypoke.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Granted, but it was for spamming up the place and receiving an unliftable ban.

... I wish I had an egg and cheese omelet.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Granted, but it turns out to have been made out of moldy cheese and rotten eggs.

I wish that I had a fool proof wish.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Granted, but the fool proof wish is, "I wish that I had a fool proof wish."

I wish that people stop taking good TV shows off YouTube for copyright violation when said shows are no longer on the air nor can you find them on DVD or VHS.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:13 pm
The Geek
The Geek

Granted, but your only access to the internet is through a 26.6kbps modem and the AOL 1.0 software, which lacked the ability to enter any web addresses or visit a page without an "AOL Keyword" registered to it.

I wish that I had a more solid understanding of Computer Science in the areas of C, C#, C++, Java, PHP, and MySQL.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

granted, but any code you write will always have some bug or another.

I wish I wouldn't get any hangovers when I got drunk.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:32 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Granted. However, you end up getting liver disease from excessively drinking alcohol and die a very sick, painful death.

I wish I was 12 again. :(

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:33 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Wish granted...but you are too young to be registered on psypokes and you are banned from the site.

I wish i was president?

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Granted, but you go to war on the rest of the world and you get assassinated.

I wish I was a in a perfect world where nothing could go wrong :P

Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:06 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 162 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next