It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Psybucks Abuse/Alternate Accounts 
it's like a baguette

This will be short and to the point.

Starting now, any user caught creating alternate accounts will have their Psybucks removed, their signature and avatar privileges revoked for three weeks, placed on probation, and their name will be listed below until that punishment is served.

The Thing (6/17/07)
stormidiot (6/22/07)
webkinz_pokemon (6/25/07)

Last edited by FireStarter on Sat May 26, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:00 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm just curious, but how would you know about that? :?

Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:57 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

We (the Lite Four) can see every transaction made. If we suspect someone is abusing Psybucks, we compare IPs, emails, and logs until we're certain someone has been abusing the system.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh that is how it works. I get it know. I always wondered what you guys where talking about when you say "abusing Psybucks system".

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

What R and how do U use Psybucks

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:24 pm
Profile YIM
Illiterate
Illiterate

pokedude12022007 wrote:
What R and how do U use Psybucks

Please submit to the faqs: http://psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=421

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:16 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

An even better description of the psybuck system is at http://psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 707#100707

It is basically the currency of psypoke foums - you can donate, you can exchange for goods/services (Slateport Market). However, it cannot be exchanged for legal tender (ie, US dollars, british pound, Euro, etc).

Edit - I have a question (going a bit off-topic) - if the admins can see all transactions, do they have all psybuck records? I was just wondering, because if the records are available, are we as forumgoers (psypoke members) allowed to view our own?

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:13 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

We can view the logs, but I don't think there's an option for viewing the logs, sorted by usernames. As such, it is unlikely that each person can view his/her own records, unless I'm wrong (since I haven't explored the administration panel much =p) or Jigglypuff does some brilliant coding thing that's currently out of my capabilities.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:23 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

I have a question regarding this new rule...WHY?..I mean, if I make a different account, how does that affects you or any other member of psypoke?

I would also like to point something you may didn't considered about this "Psybucks abuser" chase. Lets say I want to bother someone, so I make different accounts just to donate the money to that person...In this case he/she would be punished for something he/she was not guilty about. On the other hand, someone caught abusing psybucks could claim that someone else is doing it, and you would have no way to prove the oposite.

What Im trying to say is that this "hunt" (And therefore this rule) is pointless because you can´t really be 100% sure that someone is doing this (unless the guy is stupid enough to loggin in different accounts at similar hours).

In nomine....Diabulus et...Belial, Satan, Astharoth, Lucifer et Yahve.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:08 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Again, the key is the ip address - if you send the pb, you would et into trouble. If they send pb to themself, they would get into trouble.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:19 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

No, you could just do it from a different computer, there are many coffe internet things.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:36 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I thought "Fire Starter" said, "This is a WARNING".

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:02 am
it's like a baguette

agenttjw wrote:
I thought "Fire Starter" said, "This is a WARNING".

It was until you sent the pm.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:15 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I mean, if I make a different account, how does that affects you or any other member of psypoke?

Waste of bandwidth space. Bandwidth costs money.

Quote:
I would also like to point something you may didn't considered about this "Psybucks abuser" chase. Lets say I want to bother someone, so I make different accounts just to donate the money to that person...In this case he/she would be punished for something he/she was not guilty about. On the other hand, someone caught abusing psybucks could claim that someone else is doing it, and you would have no way to prove the oposite.

It's pretty darn stupid and a waste of effort to make multiple accounts just to bother a person. And just because people can get away with it sometimes doesn't mean that the correct thing to do shouldn't be enforced. Isn't that the same with laws everywhere? And you don't have to worry about how we investigate things =)

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Edit - I have a question (going a bit off-topic) - if the admins can see all transactions, do they have all psybuck records? I was just wondering, because if the records are available, are we as forumgoers (psypoke members) allowed to view our own?

you can go through your PM inbox, outbox and sentbox to list all the donations you have either given or received (provided you haven't deleted them of course!)

Quote:
I have a question regarding this new rule...WHY?

Because a privilege is being abused. I think the Psybucks system was installed to make forum visits a bit more enjoyable, and if people go round making mule accounts to make themselves richer this goal couldn't be achieved now, could it?

I think what you are trying to say is "why bother? smart people can find a loophole!!!" Well personally I think the system is great, and as far as I can tell no one has been wrongly caught as of yet. It's also the best system that can be controlled, and if that frequent internet cafe visitor is taking extreme measures to make them "richer" on the internet, then shame on them. :(

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:31 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Just a quick little thing: You said you can view donation logs, since you can see the donations in your PM inbox, would this include PMs as well?

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Just a quick little thing: You said you can view donation logs, since you can see the donations in your PM inbox, would this include PMs as well?

Someone's got a guilty conscience. :P

As for Psybux, I have a little bit of a confession. My friend signed on round about the same time as I did, The Snowy Owl. Well, I saw her at school the other day, and we got chatting, and she said that since she didn't really intend on ever posting, she would give me her Psybux, hence the emptying of her account. I am alerting this to you becuase the format of our name is similar, and thought you might have deemed me stupid enough to use a similar name to increase my Psybuck count.

Thanks!

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:13 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:22 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

Can I have a paper with my translation records?, my familie needs to pay taxes next week................Lol :P

Now seriusly: thanks for the explanation, I didnt know that several accounts ocupied bandwith space. And I guess you are right, not because people can get away with that means you can't enforce it.

In nomine....Diabulus et...Belial, Satan, Astharoth, Lucifer et Yahve.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

omg immediate b&.

omg unnecessarily sarcastic.

But seriously, I didn't want to get any negative sort of attitudes, as I rather like Psypoke, and wouldn't mind staying for a stretch longer. :P

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:13 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I would think that you were being a little more unnecessarily sarcastic than he was. Sometimes sarcasm is just a joke; moderators aren't out to get you, and no one should feel like they have to walk on egg shells around another member. Even if it's not your type of humor, either lighten up or blow it off.

I don't think you have to explain yourself in these situations though, since the staff is intelligent enough to determine the real deal between abuse and fraud (fraud being a situation similar garabato explained). If you're doing the right thing, I don't believe you'll need to worry about pleading a case to us. I think for the most part you can relax, but even if you were unjustly convicted, pleading against it might also prove futile since you would have no evidence to convince us otherwise other than your word. Kissing ass and begging for forgiveness might be more useful. :)

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I would think that you were being a little more unnecessarily sarcastic than he was. Sometimes sarcasm is just a joke; moderators aren't out to get you, and no one should feel like they have to walk on egg shells around another member. Even if it's not your type of humor, either lighten up or blow it off.

I was in fact being sarcastic back. The irony was exactly what you said, that I was being more than unecessarily sarcastic than he. No offence intended Nfield. ;)

DatVu wrote:

I don't think you have to explain yourself in these situations though, since the staff is intelligent enough to determine the real deal between abuse and fraud (fraud being a situation similar garabato explained). If you're doing the right thing, I don't believe you'll need to worry about pleading a case to us. I think for the most part you can relax, but even if you were unjustly convicted, pleading against it might also prove futile since you would have no evidence to convince us otherwise other than your word. Kissing ass and begging for forgiveness might be more useful. :)

Cool, I'll keep that in mind for when I give myself some bux. :P

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:39 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

If you mean you don't understand the dicussion of the past 5 posts, don't worry - Its a moderator being sarcastic.

However, psybuck abuse is when you sign up with multiple accounts, and just donate the 50 starting psybucks to get rich quickly.
http://psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 707#100707 is the description of psypoke currency, or money.

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
I have to say this to clear me and Treeckoluv are brothers and have to share a computer so don't mix us up.

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next