It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Pokemon of the Week Discussion 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I never realized how creative Mikaruge really was! I thought it was just a spruced up gastly or something (not that that's bad, but it isn't very creative). I'm very proud of you Nintendo! You guys rock for making creative pokemon!

Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:02 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Mikaruge @Lefties/Shell Bell
~Calm Mind
~Water Pulse/Shadow Ball/Open UP (Dark Pulse)/HP Fiighting/Spite

Its SAtk is high, and its HP is low. After a few calm minds, it'll give back more than 1/16 the HP. At max HP (31 DVs, 252 EVs), it gets 19 HP with leftovers. As long as you average 152 damge per turn, shell bell pays off.

Spite is for PP wasting. Water Pulse for confusion. Shadow Ball for STAB. Open Up for STAB, too, but Ghost + Fighting -> No resist . Thats about it. No icy wind for weak bolt-beam. Oh Well.

^^^Thats something I posted in the Shinou movesets thread in the Hydro forum.

When I first saw the no weak thing, I thought "Oh god, another Sableye - no weak,a few resists, but killed by almost anything else. This one is more powerful, with more defensive stats. And, more attacking power. I don't think we will see much Mikaruge in earl Diamond/Pearl, as it looks very offensive oriented. Not leaving much room for more than a few tanks (like yonowaaru). Though, with pressure and the ability to abuse it, we may be looking at quite a bit of action after all.

In fact, lets take a closer look at mikaruge vs. dusclops vs. yonowaaru.
HP: 50/40/45
Atk: 92/70/100
Def: 108/130/135
Speed: 35/25/45
SAtk: 92/60/65
SDef: 108/130/135

Now, what does this show us? Well, we look at analyses from Hoen200 metagame. Very offense oriented, and lots of dusclops movement. Mikaruge would be pulling the same thing. The only question that remains is whether it will compete with yono. in fact, it may. Yono as the physical attacker, mikaruge as the special attacker. The TM compatability is about the same.

Now, how does it compare with Sableye?
ITs slower. The stats of Sableye pale in comparison to mikaruge.

Anyway, off of the moveset and pokemon comparison, how on earth does a ghost have weight? MIKARUGE WEIGHS 238.1 POUNDS!!!!! Thats more than I weigh. Its supposed to be a translucent thing of gas.

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:00 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:15 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Yukinoo - It does get avalance and ice punch, thats something to mention. Probably not enough survival stats to keep it alive in order to use avalanche, but whatever. Decent HP helps a bit.

Sunnybeaming isn't an option with this - not only is it 4x wedak to a move type it is helping with sunny day, it also doesn't get synthesis :(

The snowstorm ability will help force a switch to something with either snow hide, a sand streamer, or one with cloud nine.

Probably not going to use it, so, yeah.

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:33 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Well, I really like Yukinoo (and Yukikaburi).

I never really thought about what a Yeti pokemon would be like, and by golly, these two guys are PERFECT for the part. Yukikaburi looks like it has a cute and curious kind of attitude towards life, going on explorations to see what it's all about. A yukikaburi could have lots of adventures in the snow! Yukinoo, on the other hand, is awesome, too. It's ferocious appearance is astounding, it looks like it could rabidly rip through a forest all on its own! Remember Lucario's spazattack scene in teh movie? It looks like it should have THAT voice!

I really like yukikaburi/yukinooh, and I want one of the characters in my story to have one, however, the real-life person that this character is based off of actually likes pokemon, so I want to ask him what pokemon HE wants, however I'd really like for him to have a yukikaburi. :D

7/10

Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:30 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

My first impression of this Pokemon was that it looked silly, but I've grown to like it. It does get some interesting abilities and moves, and this should be sufficient to justify its use in my party should I get Diamond/Pearl.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:59 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

It's one of those pokemon that I think are kool, but don't think should exist. Did Piloswine really need an evo? Meh, I guess it KIND OF did. I don't know, there's just something...strange about it.

Manmuu has a good design, I like the long tusks and the red and blue parts on its eyes. I probably won't use it in game, simply because there are better pokemon, but I long await its anime debut. =D

Manmuu gets a 5.5/10.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:39 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Manmuu looks decent enough, but it's kind of weird for a pig to evolve into a mammoth. Oh well, I'll just add that to the unofficial list of weird evolutions =p

Like what some of our other members like pelli have said, there are quite a few evolutions for previous generation Pokemon that are not very necessary. Magmar and Electabuzz aside, Piloswine is also one Pokemon which doesn't really need an evolution.

Overall, I think it looks decent enough for me to try using it some time. Pity it has a bad typing which gives it quite a few weaknesses.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:25 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I could see a toxi-tank too. The defenses are good, and amnesia helps it alot.

I can also see a weak form of curse + extremespeed arcanine returning from gsc.

However, I'm quite disappointed as to the size of a usable movepool.
Oh well.

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

well I say donphan cause it freakin cool. donphan is #1

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:07 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Personally I think the Fire-type starter will be the most commonly used starter among all the starters, not just in PD, but also true for past generations. That's because Fire types are generally quite few and far between, while Water types are aplenty. This somewhat diminishes the importance of the Water type starter, or at least for me. That's why I've always picked Blaziken instead of Swampert back in the Hoenn Generation.

I think this trend will continue for me if I do play PD. Furthermore, flaming-rear-end monkey over here has a great movepool, and can fit into most teams since it is capable of either special or physical sweeping.

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:59 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Yes, but are we forgetting the problems with fire types?

1.) MAny weaknesses - Rock, Ground, Water. Not very easy to counter, either, because about half the users of those 3 moves don't get STAB. Which means, a simple T-punch, Brick Break, or HP Grass won't deal with them (look at machamp).
2.) Super Effective - When? Steels, sure, but flamethrower/fire blast is available for the majority of physical sweepers. Ice already is dealt with by rock and fighting,

It may get more use than torchik, but the fully evolved form is (in my opinion) inferior to Blaziken.

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:20 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

When the starters were revealed, my first instinct was Chimchar. With the exception of the Johto series (I despise of Typlosion's Gold sprite), I have chosen the fire starter first. Why? sN0w explained it pretty well - fire types are generally rare. It is also of my opinion that they are usually best obtained at the start of the game so you don't have to train them a lot. I've had a liking for Fire types, also. This shall remain true with PD, I shall choose Chimchar.

Now, enough of babbling and to an actual overview.

Appearance: flaming butt-monkey>turtle with leaf on head>penguin with little to no distinguishing features other than color from a real penguin. Plus, it looks cute. The only thing that disgruntles me are the things above the eyes (the red shadowy sort of thing). 9/10

Movepool: Yes. Awesome movepool, and its evolution is quite capable of either type of Sweeping. There is a variety of attacking moves it can use to its advantage. 9/10.

Typing: Oh, boy, a Blaziken line copy. And they're both starters. But Blaziken didn't have a typing that allowed it to keep Swampert from steamrolling it. Chimchar at least has a chance-its evolution's Fighting type can be on par with Emperuto. The weaknesses...Water, Ground, Flying, and there might be one more that I'm forgetting. Water is a problem, but that's nearly always been the case. Thunderpunch might help, though. Flying, again, Thunderpunch. Ground, dunno how to counter it. But everything has its flaws. It can score a hits on a variety of types. 8/10, if it was a new combo I would have scored higher.

Stats: Chimchar was the attacking starter. Goukazaru's stats: 104 in both types of Attack, and 108 Speed. Wonderful for sweeping. The only problem is deciding which sweeper you want it to become. 9/10

Overall: 35/40, which is a 8.75/10. A decent score.

-Gardevoir~

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:53 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Gardevoir~ You forgot psychic as a goukazarru weakness.

Anyway: Donkarasu!
Analysis: Drak/Flying is worse than normal flying, as you now don't have immunity to shadow ball and you don't resist bug. It does give it psychic immunity, though (a little late - psychics aren't powerful anymore).

Again, no good movepool, lower speed. Will probably be UU in the metagame, and no serious usage.

Thats about it, though.

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:28 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Had I posted last week, It would have been tripple. I'm glad I didn't :D

Anyway, 2 pokemon

Hiidoran (Last week): The only one to resist both fire and dragon moves. ( :shock: ) . Excellent attack and special attack, though i think the speed could use more. Its weird in that its like the latis - different gendered legends.

Glion (This week): A formiddable sweeper, though it needed dragon dance - badly. It may work. I don't see much use in the elemental bites. Fire bite can cach forretress of guard (if your lucky).

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:38 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Glion: It looks good as a physical sweeper, like to see it with Choice Band. Its typing is also interesting. Ground/Flying gives immunity to electric and ground, but also makes it 4x weak to the highly common Ice Beam. Its speed leaves a bit tobe desired, but it should be OK if it doesnt run up against a spec. sweeper. Prolly a good idea to have a Blissey or similar in reserve. I see it being much like Gligar though, a NU rating, very low UU if it gets lucky. As for looks, it continues the creepy line of Gligar.

8/10

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Personally I think the Fire-type starter will be the most commonly used starter among all the starters, not just in PD, but also true for past generations. That's because Fire types are generally quite few and far between, while Water types are aplenty. This somewhat diminishes the importance of the Water type starter, or at least for me. That's why I've always picked Blaziken instead of Swampert back in the Hoenn Generation.

I think this trend will continue for me if I do play PD. Furthermore, flaming-rear-end monkey over here has a great movepool, and can fit into most teams since it is capable of either special or physical sweeping.

That's true, I have to admit each time I restarted my game I always chose Blaziken. :lol: But I think this time I gonna choose the grass starter (the guy with the tree on his back). This is because he also gets a ground type eventually. He can use EQ which is a great attack with high power. It might be enough to stand against the monkey's fire attacks.

P.S. All the PD starters look funny. I think Nintendo is running out of ideas.

WiFi Wanted List

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:03 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

lol, Giratina is so ugly but so awesome. D:

I think it is the only Ghost-type I like besides Banette.

What I personally like about this Pokémon is its background information, being the rebellion titan that lives in graveyards or something to that extent. I've seen quite a few videos on people catching Giratina and I really enjoyed them, everything, from the goal you have to accomplish to find it to its cry and battling area.

The one thing I don't like about Giratina besides its looks is this Shadow Drive signature move. I mean, it IS quite usefull if YOU are the one who owns the Pokémon, but its gonna be a pain if you are its foe.

Overall: 9.5/10

Just my two cents. :)

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:26 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

The only thing that can make Shadow Drive less painful is to perhaps switch to a Normal type Pokemon heh.

Anyway Giratina seems pretty impressive based on looks and typing alone, so the good stats are a plus. The background information for it is interesting as well,, what about it existing in a world opposite to the actual world etc.

Oh, and it's part Dragon. I think there are many Dragon lovers out there so this is likely to end up being overused =p

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:13 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Oh crap. A pokemon with two overused types, insane stats, a signature move that has deadly potential, and happens to be an uber? Joy.

Giratina's looks are less than appealing, but its a ghost/dragon uber, so what do you expect? I don't see why this Shadow Drive move isn't in the suggested moveset. Its essentially using protect for the first move, then attacking. Granted, this gives you time to switch, but there are only a couple of common Normal types (I can think of Blissey, Snorlax, Slaking, and Dodrio of the top of my half-asleep head). I havent gone through the whole learnset page yet, but if it has Mean Look, Spite, and similar moves, plus the Pressure ability, Shadow Drive could make it a serious threat as a PP drainer. I see Shadow Drive being used in-game.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:36 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

This Pokémon is probably the most interesting I've seen so far, and it's part of my top favorites. I wouldn't care if Arceus wasn't a Legendary, I just like the fact it has such an unique ability and the fact it's exactly Giratina's counterpart. Bearing the title of the "creation" monster could kind of relate it to Mew, somehow, and makes me think this will be the last generation of Pokémon. The 4th Gen brought us the Pokémon that inhabits Heaven and another one that comes from the dead, and there are also the Time and Space controllers: how farther/deeper can they go?

It's looks are certainly more appealing than Giratina's, but there's something about its body that still bugs me. I'm not sure what it is, though. Probably its weird "mane" thing, or its torso.

Overall: 9.5/10. I like this Pokémon a lot.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:42 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Luxray looks cool enough, but it kinda has a limited movepool, and its other notable moves which were mentioned are Special, which means that while a Rain Dance+Thunder combo might seem appealing, it would run off its Special Attack instead, when it has a better Attack stat. Hmmm.

Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:54 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

Well the movepool is indeed limited, specially electric/physical, but the Rivarly ability + howl "could" make up for it, or a choice bander + Rivarly would make a decent physical sweeper; but only for in-game. Competitive wised a lot of things outclass it.

In nomine....Diabulus et...Belial, Satan, Astharoth, Lucifer et Yahve.

Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:05 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Wow, lots of my favorites are being picked.

Ampharos always used to be my choice of electric Pokémon, with the combination of cute looks + special sweeper role. But now Luxray has taken over that spot. He is overall superior to Ampharos when it comes to stats and design. I don't know what the Pokédex has to say about this Pokémon, but whatever it is, it's certainly going to increase his overall coolness.

9,9/10. Probably my favorite 4th Generation monster after Lucario.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:57 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

i think that jirachi is the best with all stats 100%. all the way to the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

i need mods and ppl for my site:
WWW. MONGHOST.FORUMOTION.COM

Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next