hell, ya! 16%  16%  [ 4 ]
i think i'll know when the game comes out. 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
i don't think so. 72%  72%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 25

Things have changed... 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well that's nice.

Have you actually looked through the ENTIRE Sinnoh dex before declaring that all but 5 pokemon suck?

Erm, maybe my post was a bit harsh and jerk-like, but...

Yes, I have. Besides, I said all but three of them suck. But I looked through it again, and I have to say that the Yanma evolution, the psychic trio, Diarugiakugra, and a few others look okay. But look at the new Ghost/Dark type. What are your first reactions about it?

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:18 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Remember Japan is not America... they don't have that much imports from the whole world... probably few, just few materialistics were not imports..... and they do exports lots of stuff! That is why we may think this generation sucks.... but on the other hand, it could be just your opinon.

personally, I think translators need to do a better job! weird names are unaccpetable...
although I like some names that are fused of different quantities of words like Jumpluff, Horsea, Kingdra, Meganium.... yet however, looking at the new 4th generation pokemon.... I think the legendaries need better names than that...

remember ArticUNO, ZapDOS, MolTRES? and REGIrock, REGIsteel, and REIce? and also remember the second generations... Suicune, Raikou, and Entei? (perhaps the 3 dogs with such royal title in their name...:P) Those were actually creative and derived from Japanese... infact, Japanese name for Kingdra is Kingdra...
so why did the translators have to go translate that to Dialga?... that is a mystery to know

Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AAAAAHHHHH!!!! IM GOIG TO STRANGLE THE PERSON WHO DID THE ENGLISH NAME TRANSLATION ......... (calms down from that rage ) sorry i hate the english name of nearly ann of the shinnnou pokemon (and by the way its a free country that means that you can HACK and get the japanese back on if you can) so any way i agree with zapdos or tightain of lightning (mind if i call you zapdos really hard to say your name even if typing)
oh and one more thing im going to continue calling them by their japanese names as in their original

Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:28 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

pelligargetic wrote:
Well that's nice.

Have you actually looked through the ENTIRE Sinnoh dex before declaring that all but 5 pokemon suck?

Erm, maybe my post was a bit harsh and jerk-like, but...

Yes, I have. Besides, I said all but three of them suck. But I looked through it again, and I have to say that the Yanma evolution, the psychic trio, Diarugiakugra, and a few others look okay. But look at the new Ghost/Dark type. What are your first reactions about it?

It's pretty kool, I guess. A greenish gastly in a pot. And I LIKE gastly.

A year from now, you won't hate nearly as many. I'll hold you to that.

However, for xchaos, the process will be much quicker. He'll treat the 4th gen the same way he treats the rest of the gens in NO time. I know this because he doesn't really hate them, he's just whining and complaining because nintendo gave us something new.

Kacho wrote:
Remember Japan is not America... they don't have that much imports from the whole world... probably few, just few materialistics were not imports..... and they do exports lots of stuff! That is why we may think this generation sucks.... but on the other hand, it could be just your opinon.

What?

Kacho wrote:
personally, I think translators need to do a better job! weird names are unaccpetable...
although I like some names that are fused of different quantities of words like Jumpluff, Horsea, Kingdra, Meganium.... yet however, looking at the new 4th generation pokemon.... I think the legendaries need better names than that...
ALL legendary names are romanized, with the exception of Aritcuno, Zapdos, and Moltres, which used to be Freezer, Thunder, and Fire. It's tradition, the same way there's a new Mario Party game every year.

Kacho wrote:
remember ArticUNO, ZapDOS, MolTRES? and REGIrock, REGIsteel, and REIce? and also remember the second generations... Suicune, Raikou, and Entei? (perhaps the 3 dogs with such royal title in their name...:P) Those were actually creative and derived from Japanese... infact, Japanese name for Kingdra is Kingdra...
so why did the translators have to go translate that to Dialga?... that is a mystery to know
As I said before about the legendary birds, they HAD to do that. And the Japanese regi names are just Regi-{insertjapanesenameforeicerockorsteelhere}. Not very creative. And in Japanese, Diaruga is pronounced Dialga. So it's EXACTLY THE SAME.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:30 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

so any way i agree with zapdos or tightain of lightning (mind if i call you zapdos really hard to say your name even if typing)

IT'S TITAN OF LIGHTNING!!! HOW HARD IS IT TO SPELL!!! *calms down* you could also can call me TOL.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2