It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Timefield Fractures ~ Rounding Off Soon 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

As Toch looked at the thousands of caves that had been carved out of the rock face, he was horrified to see that lots of creatures were coming out of them. He stared at the nearest one, and looked for characteristics that might help him work out what species they were. They weren't human, they were far to tall, and they weren't Uniconians. In fact, Toch couldn't remember ever seeing anything like them before. They had faces that looked upside-down: there mouths were in their foreheads, and their two eyes were sunk deep into their tree-trunk sized necks. They didn't have ears, just a hole on either side of their heads, like never-ending pits. Their purple-brown skin bubbled, as if something was inside, trying to force it's way out. They carried spears, and rocks in their huge fists, and wore animals skins, which were scaley, and which shone different colours. Toch knew that they weren't pleased to see him.

The nearest one, which was only a couple of feet to his left, was snarling, and black saliva was drooling from his mouth. Toch smiled, sheepishly, as though he had made a mistake, and the creatures lips tightened. Toch reached for his left pocket. He always carried a 1950s pistol around with him, not as a weapon or any means of defence, just as a sort of souvenier. He always took pride in showing it to others, and tyelling them the story of how his Grandad gave it him. He had no idea if it was loaded or not. He had never checked. It was so precious to him that he had never tried to check. Anyway, now was the time to find out. He pinted the pistol at the creature, and pulled the trigger. The bullet ripped from the gun with an explosion, and flew through the air towards the creature. It hit the creatures tough skin on the thigh, and ricocheted off, out across the desert.

Through all this, Toch had his eyes closed, not wanting to know whether it had worked. He opened his eyes, and looked around. "What the-" he started, as he saw that all the creatures had disappeared. He looked cautiously at the gun, and sighed a sigh of relief. They had been scared away. He must have got the wrong idea about them. They looked tough, but they were scared of a loud noise? Pah! He looked smuggly at the caves around him, and tried to get his head around things.

He was lost. He didn't know where he was, or when he was. He had a rucksack full of state of the art weapons, but he didn't have any food. Either he would have to get out of here quickly, or he would have to find food. Then he realised what a terrible situation he was in. How would he get home?

Many questions plagued his mind, but he decided to think about one thing at a time. First he would have to find shelter. Well that would be easy enough, he could use one of the caves. Now, how to keep the creatures away? That was easy to: in his rucksack was a motion sensor. He had designed it, not as a weapon, but as defence, for a situation just like this. He could hide it in the entrance to his cave, and set it to make a loud sound whenever it detected movement. That way, he could keep the creatures out, and make sure he knew whenever they were going to try and attack. Now for question three: How was he going to get food?

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mucked up, can't find a delete button, so you'll have to live with this pointless message. Sozzles!

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Last edited by The Obsidian Wolf on Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:18 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Uh...what IS that?" Lex span around to exclaim to Ark. "That weird clothed guy looks like he needs help." He said as the muscular man with a blunt sword eas gobbled into the gaping jaws of one of the heads.

Lex dashed towards the wrecked stone flooring and reached for the first thing that came out of the backpack.

"This is probably the most lame weapon ever!" Lex shouted as the Hydra spotted them. Lex mockingly aimed at the hydra's torso and pulled the trigger of the miniature version of a Battle Rifle V142 and, to Lex's surprise, did something incredible. It blew up in size and fired a burst of a neon-green coloured bullets. The Hydra roared and crowds backed off as it thrashed about it pain. It set it's eyes on Lex and lurched for him. He dived out of the way missing three heads, but he was unfortunate to have been caught by the fourth head that came down after him. It tossed him into the air and swallowed him whole.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Disregarded due to TOW's stupidity. :wink: (Computers? In Ancent Greece?! Lord...)

Last edited by The Obsidian Wolf on Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Obsidian Wolf... We're in Ancient Greece))

"LEX!" Ark screamed as the Hydra swallowed him.

Ark immediately reached for his Injector pistols and spun them on his fingers before firing off several rounds of Tranquilizer Darts into each of the Hydras heads. The heads began to swell before exploding in a shower of blood and gore. Within the blink of an eye four heads had grown back in their place. Each of the heads snapped at Ark, as the fourth head came towards him he jumped onto it and up its neck.

"Nobody eats my friends!" Ark shouted in his usual gruff voice. "I'm gonna rip out your spine and beat you to death with it!"

Ark reached into his backpack and pulled out a small silver device, as soon as he gripped it a blade of pure energy formed around his hand.

"Sweet..." Ark whistled.

Ark slashed through the throat of one of the heads and noticed something, as the blade passed through, it cauterized the cut and burned the flesh. As the neck dropped to the floor something strange happened. Another one did not grow back in its place. Ark smirked and proceeded to cleave the other three head off. Ark jumped off just as the Hydra's limp body came crashing to the ground. He made his way round to the side of its stomach and took a laser cutter from his belt, the thin laser beam cut a hole in the Hydras belly and Lex came sliding out along with bodily organs and fluids.

"Have a good time?" Ark smirked.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Toch had spent the last few days living off insects that had had the misfotune to wander into his cave. He wasn't feeling too good, and he was tired from the rude awakening he had from the previous nights. Every couple of hours, the motion detector sensed an intruder and went off. It was keeping the creatures away fine, but as a result, Toch had only had a few hours of sleep. He was bored, and had taken to dismantling the RX25-THP6 machine gun, and trying to tweak it to stop it from overheating. He wasn't having much success, because the only tools that he had were rocks, and sticks, and the occasional bones from the giant insects. Toch layed back and sighed. He was starting to feel as though he wished he was dead. He couldn't go on living like this, like a man from the stone age. The only way he could see out was to find another time hole, that could take him home, but the chances of him finding a time hole at all, were very slim, yet alone one that would return him back to where he had come from.

BANG! The motion detector went off again. Toch jumped up, and rushed towards the entrance, just to make sure that the sound had frightened them off. As he drew close, he saw a shadow cast upon the wall, from the light outside. It looked huge! "Oh no! Oh no! They're coming" Toch squeeled. He ran back to where he had been sleeping, and grabbed somethign out of his bag. He didn't know what, he just grabbed whatever he could.

He sot a warnng shot in the direction of the cave mouth. He expected to hear a grunt, or even a growl. Instead he heard a strange sound. One he hadn't heard for a couple of days. "Eek!". Toch was so taken aback, that he nearly fell over.

"H-h-hello?" he called out.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:31 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Disregarded due to TOW's stupidity. :wink: (Computers? In Ancent Greece?! Lord...)

Eh? I thought we were in 2013? Oh, did the different people end up in different eras?

Edit: Thought so. BTW, is it okay if the Big Government Facility mentioned in the first post is in China? I hope it doesn't offend anyone, I just want to have a change from America for once.

Last edited by goldenquagsire on Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:

Eh? I thought we were in 2013? Oh, did the different people end up in different eras?

Yes... Yes they did.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Ohmygodohmygodohmygod! Get it off me! Hydra intestines! Argh! Nightmares!" Lex rambled while scrabbling his hands over his fur. He was covered in a purple slime and dripping while villagers stared at the scene.

"I think we'd better split Ark. These people are going to get suspicious. Oh hey, that muscular guy is getting up! And getting cheered! Hey, we should be getting the credit for that victory! Poser..." And with that, Lex and Ark ran off around a corner and stopped in their tracks at a glowing white hole in the middle of the street. It was their ticket back to their own time period. Without hesitation, they leapt high into the air and fell face first onto a grassy hill.

"Not exactly the best landing but...hey, this isn't the base, what's this?" Lex stood up and studied his surroundings. 'Street lamps? Mobile phones? Yellow motor cars? This isn't the base, this is the twenty-first century England!' Lex thought wildly.

Okay, SwampZard, you follow us, suspiciously. :D

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I wonder where they are going..... Tak thought to himself.
I'd better follow them
So Tak jumped through the glowing white hole and fell flat on wet, green grass. As he looked around he saw the two guys he was following. He also took notice to the surroundings. Busy Humans walking and talking on their cell phones, So last decade Tak thought.

His attention turned back to the two men. "Who are you?" he quiered, as his eyes wandered between the 2 men.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I crept past the pillars. I put on my oxygen mask - just to be safe. I spied round the corner; men and women in white coats were crowded round machines, chattering and typing into their old-fashioned computers.

"Perfect," I thought to myself, "They're distracted..."

I was just about to start remote-hacking the system, when a flash of light appeared in the centre of the room, inside a glass cube. Just like the time portal that I had been sent through to get here...

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ark lifted his head up out of the wet grass and cringed, he sniffed while his forked tongue flicked in and out of his mouth.

"What is that stench?" Ark whispered.

He looked at his Temporal Uplink and read the readouts. 00:42 am, January 26th, 2007, London, England, Earth. There were high amounts of pollutants in the air, much more than he was used to. Ark's attention was drawn to the Martian addressing them, he put one hand on one of his Injector pistols and narrowed his eyes.

"Time Rangers..." Ark said slowly. "That's all you need to know"

Ark looked around at the primitive vehicles on the streets and the buildings. Their technology was primitive at best, his Temporal Uplink was picking up radio signals, satellite signals and television signals.

"Lex... We should find some cover before sunrise. We don't want to spook the locals" Ark said to his partner.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Merlin opened his eyes, a parculiar feeling after having none...

"Hm...where have I found myself?" he pondered allowed. His voice disturbed a group of people, and they turned, shocked at his parculiar dress sense. They began yelling commands into hand held boxes, desperation on the faces.

"Might you be able to tell me where I am?" Merlin asked politely, leaning heavily on his staff.

"Get your hands on your head!" yelled one of the many white-clothed people, and pointed a cylindrical sword at him.
A gun, my fellow RPers...

Merlin placed his hands above his head, quite unsure as to why they were acting so violently. "Do tell me, have I stumbled across that which my eyes were not supposed to see?" he asked placidly.

"Shut up, and put the stick on the ground!" yelled the man again. Merlin did not obey, and the man pushed forward...
GQ, I hope you didn't mind me taking the "time travel" light. If I have arrived at an inconvienient time, I will delete my post again...

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:26 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Perfect! I actually needed someone to appear in the light, and you were the preferable choice.

The ancient humans were gabbering over the results of the light. I took another look at the cube. A person had appeared in it; an aged, grey-haired man. With good fashion sense, as it were.
(cloaks are pretty much the new black circa 9719)

The other people were chattering even more, and several heavy-armed guards levelled their antique weapons at the man. I could sense that this guy could help the cause, if only for a while...

I could take one of two routes here. I could kill everyone in the room and rescue the prisoner, or I could cause a distraction and crack the cube, converting the other occupants of the room converted and concious.

I blew round about fourteen shots before anyone noticed me. None of the guards could even swivel around before taking a round to the head.

I stepped towards the computer, and activated the cube. It split in half, allowing the only surviving member of the chambre to exit. I waited for him to speak, to allow myself to acclimate to his language.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Merlin was about to poitly request that the yelling-man put down his gun, but a sudden flurry of motion stopped him. Without having time to even think about what had happened, Merlin stepped out of the box that he had found himself in, and looked at the other cloaked figure. There was little pity in this man's eyes, Merlin found himself thinking.

He looked at all the people around him, possibly dead. Merlin could sense no pulse from them, and he didn't particualy want to check for on physically.

"I thank you for your help," Merlin said, a little uneasily. This wasn't the kind of "help" he would have preferred, but help was help, and time didn't seem to change that.

"My name is Merlin," he said. "Perhaps you might be able to tell me the date? I seem to have forgotten..." Merlin deemed it unwise to tell the man he had travelled through time; it might confuse him.

Don't worry GQ, Merlin is patronising because he doesn't know your charrie, I'm not using him as a pipeline for me to patronise you. :wink:

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:24 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

"Hmm... Era 566 English..." I processed his speech, and let it flow through my own mouth.

"According to my computer, it is 2013. Location... the Asiatic Republic of China."

I glanced at him. He obviously wasn't from a sophisticated time, but I'd test him quickly.

"So, you time-travelled as well?"

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Toch was answered by a furious sounding "ROAR!", which made him jump out of his skin.

He dived for his rucksack, and pulled out the first thing he could get his hands on. He aimed towards the entrance to the cave, waiting, listening, hoping. The first thing he saw was the top of the creatures head; purple and shiny, with sharp looking teeth sticking out of the slit that was its mouth. Toch pulled the trigger, and closed his eyes, hoping that it would have more effect than the last time. Through his eyelids, he saw a bright white light, coming from the creature, and heard a loud "RAAAARGH". Then...silence. Nothing could be heard apart from the wind outside, and the dripping of the moisture on the roof of the cave.

He opened his eyes, scared of what he might find, and looked at where the creature was just seconds ago. But theer was no creature: atleast not any more. He looked down at the gun in his right hand, and instantly recognised it: The "Kirbulas 4J6"! It was a bright yeelow colour, with a lot of small curcular buttons on both sides. It looked harmless: more like a plastic toy, and it was in most respects. It had been adapted from a storage device, which used similar technology to the rucksacks. The gun would fire a tractor beam at the target, and pull it in, and store it INSIDE the gun.

Toch sighed. He had found something that he could use against the beasts!

"I wonder what the maximum storage on one of these thinsg is?" he asked himself. "Ah well!". He walked outside, to see if there were any more of them outside.

As he looked out into the bright sunlight, he saw something wonderful! Amazing! The best thing he had seen all day!

A circle of swirling gas was quivering in front of him. It was a very dark colour, yet somehow light at the same time. He reached out, excited because he knew what this was. It was a time hole, like the one that had brought him here!

He ran back to his cave, and grabbed his stuff, before bounding out of the cave, grabbing the motion detector on the way out. He leapt through the time hole, seconds before it closed with a fzzzzzt...

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hell, first person is easier to write in.
I was shocked at both his revalation of country, time and the knowledge of time travel.

"2013 years after the birth of Christ? Hm..." I thought for a moment as I tried to comprehend what he was saying...

"I'm afraid I do not know where China is. However, I am confused as to how you too know of time travel as well. Forgive my rudeness, but I do not know your name."

I prayed that the people of this time did not know magic. This cloaked figure knew of time travel, though he was different slightly from the men who had aimed cylindrical swords at me. Was he perhaps too a traveller of time?

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Wait Ark, this guy didn't just appear out of nowhere like us did he? Because if he did..." Lex spoke as he narrowed his eyes and picked up the familiar Martian form by it's neck. "Because if he did...he'd be in big trouble, wouldn't you?" Lex dropped him and he landed on his feet. He took another long look around him.

"You followed us, correct? But that means to get to the ancient place, there must be time holes all over space!" His eyes widened as he spoke the words.

"Ark, mini-man, we need to seal these time holes, and stop them from spreading, and more importantly, find Toch. He could be anywhere from World War Two, to a prehistoric dinosaur's cave! Listen, we'll find shelter, then work out whatever to do next. Just keep low, you don't want these late night people to spot you. It could end badly..."

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"If anybody does see him... It'll be a single conspiracy nut that no-one will believe" Ark said as he loaded his injector with non-lethal tranquilizer darts.

Ark used his natural nightvision skills to check out the place, he saw a large cluster of bright lights in the distance, most likely the main city, the rest were primitive domiciles and early cars. Suddenly he heard something behind them and turned around.

Stood behind them were a group of teenagers, dressed in sports tracksuits and wearing gold chains. Arks Temporal Uplink revealed them to be a group known as 'Chavs'

"Wut iz yoo doin on our turf?!" Shouted a rather spotty chav.

"This" Ark said as he drew his pistols and shot each one of them in the neck.

They fell to the group in a heap, unconscious.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:06 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I stared at the strange man. He had heard of time travel, yet he was obviously from an age before even electricity...

"I am a High Farish of the Jhall. Every cycle, a hundred of us are sent back and forwards into time and space to preach to the masses."

I glanced at the bearded expression. I realised that I made no sense.

"My name and rank is Shael Forf-garanda Yu-Beel High Farish Karaktus, but you may refer to me as the Golden Farish, as decreed by the Comissar Tarvin."

I paused for a breath.

"May I enquire to your name?"

Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"My name is Merlin, Golden Farish." This man knew how to time travel too...this was most odd, and it appeared that he had come from the future. He was different to the other men, more intelligent. There was pure logic behind those eyes...

"Might I suggest we leave this place?" I asked, and before I had finished my sentence, a great wailing noise pierced my ears.

"SECURITY BREACH. SECURITY BREACH. SECURI-"

"What in the name of Arthur is that noise?" I yelled over the wailing.

Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:37 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I acted instinctively, levelling my laspistol at the nearest exit. It was a fire door, with weak points at the edges. I fired a few rounds, and dashed out of the smoking ruin.

More guards were pouring out of the other doors, and I could hear turret turning to aim at us. I called to the man named Merlin,

"Hurry, I can't cover you forever."

Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:11 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, I got bored of writing in the past, so I've brought my story to life a bit...

Toch landed face down. "Ah! That hurts. Ooh." Toch picked himself up, rubbing his nose, which felt broken. He looked around, and saw that he was in a building. It wasn't an interesting building, just a plain office block, with computers and telephones. Not anything interesting. Still, better than his cave!

One of the telephones rang. Toch had never answered a phone before: from where he came from, people just use communicators. Toch picked up the phone, and put it to his ear. He had seen people do this before in old films.

"Hello?" he spoke into the phone.

Toch heard a cough on the other end, and then a familiar voice. "Hello, Tochlow."

Toch slammed the phone back down onto it's reciever, and stared at it for a couple of seconds. "No! No, no, no!" Toch shouted, and ran out of the room, using a door on his left, and found himself at some stairs. He flew down them, three at a time. He didn't know where he was going, he just knew it was better than hear.

Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:09 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Leave Merlin alone, he guessed what they were saying...:wink:

How...what...?I couldn't believe my eyes. I must have travelled further than I had imagined!! Great machines, carriages without horses, so many things, but all violent, and directed at us...

"Farish!" I called, as I saw his cloaked figure running away. I chased after him, muttering a simple spell that would stop exhaustion from setting in.

A whirring noise caused me to stop and turn. A large machincal dome was turning towards us, and a great funnel fell to a stop at me, as it clicked into position.

I held up my staff, hoping against everything that my magc was untarnished...

Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next