Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Guides 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

is it okay if i do some guides? i have one in mind

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DUNGEON FLOORS:

im surprised no one made a guide to how many floors to a dungeon. oh well :?

note: i know some dingeons arent here. ill add em later. sorry if wrong

tiny woods-3 floors
thunderwave cave-5 floors
mt steel- 9 floors
sinister woods- 12 floors
silent chasm- 13 floors
mt.thunder- 11 floors
mt.thunder peak- 3 floors
great canyon- 12 floors
lapis cave- 14 floors
mt. blaze- 13 floors
mt. blaze peak- 3 floors
frosty forest- 14 floors
frosty grotto- 5 floors
mt. freeze- 15 floors
mt. freeze peak- 5 floors
magma cavern- 23 floors
magma cavern pit- 3 floor
sky tower- 24 floors
sky tower peak- 9 floors
uproar forest- 14 floors
howling forest- 14 floors
stormy sea- 40 floors
silver trench- 99 floors
fiery field- 30 floors
lightning field- 30 floors
northwind field- 30 floors
mt. farawy- 40 floors
northern range- 24 floors
pitfall valley- 24 floors
buried relic- 99 floors
wish cave- 99 floors
murky cave- 24 floors
solar cave- 20 floors
Wyvern hill- 30 floors
purity forest- 99 floors

Last edited by Cellblock on Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:55 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

hmm im stuck on mt freeze i can't beat articuno all i got is lots of oran berries gravel rocks 2 sleep seeds and a lvl 18 treecks and 19 mudkip.somone help:)

mt steel- 9 floors

Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

if that is the chestnut forest...

and um...
here is the thing about main plot dungon unlock-ments... (right word?)

Cellblock ,
do you mind if I expand your guide?

SPOILERS

Tiny woods- beginning
Thunderwave cave-Directly after Tiny Woods
Mt. Steel- Unlcoked when Dugtrio comes to your rescue base
Sinister woods-Unlcoked when Caterpie comes to your rescue base
Silent Chasm-Unlcoked when Jumpluff comes to your rescue base
Mt.thunder- Unlocked after rescuing Jumpluff to rescue Shiftry
Mt.thunder peak- goes with Mt. Thunder
great canyon- Unlocked after Mt. Thunder
Lapis cave- Fugitive 1st dungeon
Mt.blaze- Fugitive 2nd dungeon
Mt. blaze peak-Fugitive
Frosty forest- Fugitive 3rd dungeon
Frosty grotto-Fugitive
Mt. freeze- Fugitive 4th Dungeon
Mt. freeze peak- Fugitive
Magma cavern- Unlocked many missions after Mt. Freeze
magma cavern pit- same with magma cavern
sky tower- Unlocked immediately after Magma Cavern
sky tower peak- same with Sky Tower

other non-main plot dungeons:
(that I know about):
stormy sea-Unlocked by talking to Medicham, Lombre and Wiscash after beating main plot
silver trench-Unlocked after recruiting Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno and visiting their friend area
northern range-Unlocked after buying Latios and Latias' friend area... which was something I forgot
pitfall valley- Unlocked after Northern Ranges
solar cave- Unlocked after beating Sky Tower
Desert Region- Unlocked after buying Furnance Desert freidn area
Darknight Relic- Unlocked after buying Secretive Forest
Wyvern Hill- Unlocked after obtaining Dragon Cave friend area

and then some with sky blue plains...

and i think I am missing rock hole and such

Last edited by Kacho on Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:34 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Cellblock and Kacho, why don't you both just compile all of the data that you can on dungeons and put it in one guide rather than having multiple posts on the same guide? Then you could also put it in an easy-to-read format, like how sN0wBaLL did, and it could even go on the site. I'm sure sN0w would be pleased to have help, too, as this game seems to have a lot of new concepts in it. :P

Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

No fence you guys but you guys should have had sNOw's permission to right a guide like I did.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

not to spam this thread... but I pm-ed Sn0wball...
only she didn't reply...
anyways,
I will edit my posts ad such...
I am lost to those dungeons that has to do with sky blue plains

And um... let's wait for sn0wball to come back

To tiger,
I am really patient and will wait

Last edited by Kacho on Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:49 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

sN0wBaLL isn't actually here right now, won't be responding to PMs very quickly for some time, so don't expect a response for a couple weeks at a time. In the mean time, I'm pretty much taking care of this and other stuff for him. Er, and yeah, sN0w = he. Don't go by the avatar, go by the gender icon. :P

The permission thing is really not a big deal, and I have already given my say on what could be done. If anyone really, absolutely needs or wants to get to sN0w about this, go ahead and wait a few weeks. Anyway, until then, feel free to ask me.

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:42 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Requirements

To successfully recruit a Pokemon, there are several requirements which have to be fulfilled. They are:

1. Corresponding Friend Areas

To recruit a Pokemon, you must first have its Friend Area so that the Pokemon will have a place to live in once recruited. For a list of Pokemon and their Friend Areas, refer to the Friend Area Listings found here

There are, however, some exceptions to this rule. Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Lugia, Celebi, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys and Celebi can be recruited without their Friend Areas. Instead, you automatically gain access to the Friend Area of each Pokemon when you recruit them.

You also get Magnemite from recruiting it, and not from getting it's friend area first

also, I think it is awesome you are writing a guide for this, when I first played Mystery Dungeon and I saw there wasn't a guide for it I was disapointed

Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:04 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Post Yo
i made a mistake in the guide, siniser woods actually has 13 floors.

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:42 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

12 dungeon floor and 1 useless floor unless forthe plot thing with.... the Caterpie and Metapod Incidents.

Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:38 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Posting in here is fine; this is a guides submission/suggestion/discussion thread and not just a thread for me to post guides. Guides are utilised by TK for the site, and may receive updates along the way, so always refer back to the main site's guides. Furthermore, many graphics are added to the site guides but are not available in this thread.

However, do not ask questions in here about miscellaneous gameplay issues; that's what the Orre Generation (Other Games Discussion) forum section is for.

Anyway, thanks for the information provided by our various users. When/if I have the time I'll see what I can do with the data. Credit will be given to those who have helped, of course.

In the meantime, I'm back only for a short while and will be very busy, so I won't have time to add more updates yet. Keep your user-submitted guides flowing in, and meanwhile tiger10x will continue to manage this thread for me =p

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:58 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Posting in here is fine; this is a guides submission/suggestion/discussion thread and not just a thread for me to post guides. Guides are utilised by TK for the site, and may receive updates along the way, so always refer back to the main site's guides. Furthermore, many graphics are added to the site guides but are not available in this thread.

However, do not ask questions in here about miscellaneous gameplay issues; that's what the Orre Generation (Other Games Discussion) forum section is for.

Anyway, thanks for the information provided by our various users. When/if I have the time I'll see what I can do with the data. Credit will be given to those who have helped, of course.

In the meantime, I'm back only for a short while and will be very busy, so I won't have time to add more updates yet. Keep your user-submitted guides flowing in, and meanwhile tiger10x will continue to manage this thread for me =p
i see, well good luck with it then

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:17 pm
Profile YIM
blah blah blah

I don't mean to spam but can some one write a guide for how to beat level 1 dungeons like at what level pokemon should be on certain floors stuff like that. These are the only dungeons giving me trouble.

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think easy to level up Pokemon with good stats are good....
and some depends on luck such as finding a good tm in purity forest...
perhaps this question can be found in the Ore or misc. generation

Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:57 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Sure. that's a good idea and I'll work that into my plans. Currently, there are quite a few threads in Orre Generation Discussion section with tips for handling level 1 dungeons, so please use those in the meantime. I'll consolidate the information offered by our members and come up with a guide once I can find time.

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:32 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, your Rescue Team is ranked according to the total number of Rescue Points one has accumulated. As you perform more and more Rescue Missions, you will naturally gain more Rescue Points and advance in Rank. You start off the game with a Normal Rank.

The Ranks are, in order of points required:

Normal Rank - Default Rank
Bronze Rank - 50 Rescue Points
Silver Rank - 500 Rescue Points
Gold Rank - 1500 Rescue Points
Platinum Rank - 3000 Rescue Points
Diamond Rank - 7500 Rescue Points
Lucario Rank - 15000 Rescue Points

As Alakazam points out, Lucario is a Rescue leader of legendary status, and all Rescue Teams yearn to emulate Lucario's achievements. By obtaining the Lucario Rank, you are considered to have reached the pinnacle of rescuing other Pokemon, so give yourself a congratulatory pat on the back.

ImageImageImage

In addition, in return for achieving the Lucario Rank, you will be given a Lucario Statue to be placed as a decoration in front of your Rescue Team Base.

ImageImageImage

Rescue Missions and Points

To gain Rescue Points, you will first have to complete Rescue Missions. Rescue Missions are graded according to their difficulty levels, and the higher the difficulty level, the more Points you are rewarded with when you complete the mission.

Here is a list of the different levels of difficulties and the amount of Rescue Points you will gain upon completion of these missions:

E: 5 Points
D: 10 to 20 Points
C: 40 to 60 Points
B: 80 to 100 Points
A: 150 to 200 Points
S: 300 to 400 Points
*: 700 to 1500 Points

Acknowledgements
-Special Thanks to Pokemaniac, who contributed the information for this guide

Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:23 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I made a bad mistake and lost dive :frustrated: :frustrated: can I get it back ???

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:37 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Actually, this thread isn't for asking questions. You should have posted in the Orre Generation Discussion Forum Section =>

If you have read the TM/HM Guide, you would've known that you can retrieve HMs back at their original locations if you lose them.

You can find Dive at 10F, Solar Cave. A key and the ability to cross water is required.

For more info, go to the TM/HM Guide here: http://www.psypokes.com/dungeon/tmhm.php

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:49 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Status ailments and conditions have always existed in the main RPG games, and they range from paralysis and poisoning to entrapment by trapping moves. Likewise, the status conditions in Mystery Dungeon are also diverse. However, the main difference is that they have been expanded to include the effects of weather, natures, moves and items. As such, many more status conditions exist in Mystery Dungeon.

Status conditions are found not just on Pokemon, but also on dungeons, moves, etc. For instance, weather conditions such as Fog are conditions which affect the entire dungeon. "Physical Attack Move" and "Special Attack Move" are actually listed as "conditions" as well, as shown in the screenshot below. Note that words in blue denote status conditions.

Physical Attack Move and Special Attack Move are therefore examples of status conditions associated with moves. They denote whether each move is Physical or Special.

As for status conditions which actually afflict Pokemon directly, they are usually indicated by icons above the affected Pokemon. The text will also indicate to you when Pokemon, both wild ones near you as well as Pokemon in your party, gain any status conditions. For instance, the screenshots below shows a wild Vigoroth gaining the "sleepless" status, and a wild Vigoroth gaining the "Counter" status respectively.

ImageImage

You can also check on the status of your Pokemon by pressing Start, going to "Team", and selecting the Pokemon accordingly. Press left or right until you reach the "Status" menu of that Pokemon. That page will show you the status conditions affecting that Pokemon.

You can also select "Info" to find out more about each status condition.

It is important to understand what each status condition means in order for one to react correctly in accordance to different dungeon situations. As such, this guide will attempt to cover all the status conditions obtainable in the games, and what each of them means.

Status Conditions: The List

Here is a list of all the status conditions. They are listed in alphabetical order.

~Badly Poisoned
Effect: The Pokemon takes damage every two turns. It is also prevented from regenerating HP. This condition does not disappear over turns. Heal it quickly by using certain moves or items, or by going to the next floor.

~Bide
Effect: The Pokemon stops moving for several turns and takes hits from foes. In the end, it will strike back to cause double the damage it took over that time.

~Blinker
Effect: The Pokemon's eyesight fails. It can't see the terrain, other Pokemon, or items on the ground. This condition lasts a set amount of turns.

~Bouncing
Effect: The Pokemon has bounced high to ready its attack. On the next turn, it will strike down to inflict damage.

~Burn
Effect: The Pokemon takes damage every few turns from its burn. A burn can be healed by going into water, using certain moves or items, or by going to the next floor.

~Charging
Effect: The Pokemon is charging electricity. It boosts the power of any Electric-type move used right after charging.

~Cloudy
Effect: The weather is cloudy and dark. This condition lowers the Attack and Special Attack of all Pokemon except for the Normal type.

~Confused
Effect: The Pokemon's sense of direction becomes completely scrambled. Its moves and attacks will hit even team members. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Constriction
Effect: The Pokemon becomes immobilized and sustains damage over several turns. These effects last a set amount of turns.

~Conversion
Effect: If hit by a move, the Pokemon changes its type to one that is resistant to the move's type. This condition lasts a set amount of turns.

~Counter
Effect: The Pokemon counters any Physical Attack move or regular attack, and inflicts the same damage it took from the foe. If the Pokémon faints, it cannot hit back. This condition lasts a set amount of turns.

~Cowering
Effect: The Pokemon is frightened, making it launch attacks and moves completely backwards. If an ally is behind it, the backward attacks and moves will hit. This condition lasts a set amount of turns.

~Cringe
Effect: The Pokemon's attacks and moves will all fail. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Cross-Eyed
Effect: The Pokemon sees hallucinations. Other Pokemon and items on the ground take on different appearances. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Cursed
Effect: The Pokemon takes heavy damage every several turns. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Decoy
Effect: The Pokemon is transformed into a decoy Pokemon and is viewed as a foe by team members. It also becomes likely to draw the attention of foes. There can be only one decoy on a floor. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Destiny Bond
Effect: The Pokemon that Destiny Bond is used on will take the same amount of damage as the Pokemon that used Destiny Bond on it. This condition lasts a set amount of turns.

~Digging
Effect: Using the move Dig, the Pokemon has gone underground to prepare for its attack. It will strike on the next turn to inflict damage.

~Diving
Effect: Using the move Dive, the Pokemon has gone underwater to prepare for its attack. It will strike on the next turn to inflict damage.

~Doubled Attack
Effect: The Pokemon is sped up. Its attack frequency has been boosted.

~Double Speed
Effect: The Pokemon's Movement Speed is boosted over its usual level.

~Encore
Effect: The Pokemon is prevented from using anything but the last move it used. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Enduring
Effect: If the Pokemon takes damage that would usually cause it to faint, it will hold on with just 1 HP. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Enraged
Effect: The Pokemon's Attack rises by one level each time it takes damage. This effect wears off in a set amount of turns.

~Explode
Effect: The Pokemon (or trap) explodes and inflicts damage on all Pokémon within a 1-tile range. The explosion halves the HP of rescue team members. It also destroys walls and items within the 1-tile range.

~Exposed
Effect: The Ghost-type Pokemon's identity is revealed. Its type matchup changes, making it weak against Normal- and Fighting-type moves.

~Eyedrops
Effect: The Pokemon gains the ability to see unsprung traps and invisible Pokemon. This effect wears off upon moving to the next floor.

~Famished
Effect: The Pokemon becomes famished and unable to move.

~Flying
Effect: The Pokemon is preparing to attack from high in the sky. On the next turn, it will strike from the sky to inflict damage.

~Focus Energy
Effect: The critical-hit rate of the Pokemon's moves is boosted to the maximum. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Focus Punch
Effect: The Pokemon is preparing to use the move Focus Punch. On the next turn, Focus Punch will be unleashed.

~Fog
Effect: The weather is foggy. This condition weakens the power of Electric-type moves.

~Frozen
Effect: The Pokemon becomes frozen solid. While frozen, it will not take damage from attacks and almost all moves. Fire-type moves can thaw out the Pokemon and may inflict damage. The condition lasts a set amount of turns.

~Grudge Effect
Effect: If the Pokemon is defeated, its grudge causes the foe to completely lose the PP of the move it used last.

~Grudge
Effect: If the Pokemon is defeated, its Grudge causes the victorious foe to completely lose the PP of its last move. Its effect wears off upon moving to the next floor.

~Hail
Effect: The weather is bitterly cold with hail. This condition inflicts damage on all Pokemon except the Ice type.

~Half Speed
Effect: The Pokemon's Movement Speed is reduced from its usual level.

~Huge Explosion
Effect: The Pokemon (or trap) explodes savagely and inflicts damage on all Pokémon within a 2-tile range. The huge explosion halves the HP of rescue team members. It also destroys walls and items within the 2-tile range.

~Hungry Pal
Effect: The Pokemon is on the verge of collapse from hunger. Every action results in a loss of HP. This condition will persist until the Pokemon's Belly is filled.

~Identifying
Effect: The Pokemon gains the ability to identify if other Pokémon are holding items or not.

~Infatuated
Effect: The Pokemon becomes infatuated with the foe and stops doing anything. It recovers after a set amount of turns.

~Ingrain
Effect: The Pokemon lays down roots in the ground. It becomes immobilized, but it regenerates HP every several turns. These effects last a set amount of turns.

~Invisible
Effect: The Pokemon becomes invisible and unnoticeable to other Pokemon. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Leech Seed
Effect: A Leech Seed is planted on the Pokemon. The Leech Seed drains the Pokemon's HP every several turns. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Leg Hold
Effect: The Pokemon becomes immobilized. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Light Screen
Effect: The Pokemon takes only half the damage from Special Attack moves. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Link
Effect: Two or more moves can be linked together to use them in succession in one turn. Although linked moves can be powerful, they also make the Pokemon hungry faster. The link is broken if the PP of a linked move is used up.

~Long Toss
Effect: If the Pokemon throws an item, it will fly until it hits an obstacle. This effect wears off upon moving to the next floor.

~Low HP
Effect: The Pokemon's HP is low from taking damage. It is in danger. Do something to restore HP!

~Magic Coat
Effect: The Pokemon will bounce back any move that causes a status problem. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Mini Counter
Effect: The Pokemon counters any Physical Attack move or regular attack, and inflicts one quarter the damage it took from the foe. If the Pokemon faints, it cannot hit back. This condition lasts a set amount of turns.

~Mirror Coat
Effect: The Pokemon bounces back the power of any Special Attack used by a foe directly around it. If the Pokemon faints from the Special Attack, it can't strike back. This condition lasts a set amount of turns.

~Mirror Move
Effect: The Pokemon bounces back any move before it strikes. Moves can only be bounced back if the foe is directly around the Pokemon. This condition lasts a set amount of turns.

~Mist
Effect: The Pokemon is protected from any reduction of the stats Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, Accuracy, and Evasion. This condition lasts a set amount of turns.

~Mobile
Effect: The Pokemon can move, attack, and use moves inside walls and on water, lava, or clouds. Beware--it will grow hungry faster while traveling through walls. Its effect wears off upon moving to the next floor.

~Mud Sport
Effect: The floor's status changes to Mud Sport. The power of Electric-type moves is halved.

~Muzzled
Effect: The Pokemon is prevented from using any moves or items that involve its mouth. Its effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Napping
Effect: The Pokemon falls asleep and becomes incapable of any action. Upon awakening, the Pokemon fully regains HP and heals from any status problems.

~Nightmare
Effect: The Pokemon falls asleep and becomes incapable of any action. It also takes damage upon awakening.

~Paralysis
Effect: The Pokemon's Movement Speed and attack frequency are reduced. Attacks and moves become unusable. Wonder Orbs also won't work, but other items will. Its effects last a set amount of turns.

~Paused
Effect: The Pokemon pauses and watches without doing anything else. This condition lasts a set amount of turns.

~Perish Song
Effect: Any Pokemon hearing Perish Song will faint in three turns.

~Petrified
Effect: The Pokemon becomes incapable of any action. This effect wears off if the Pokemon is hit by an attack or a move.

~Physical Attack Moves
Effect: Physical Attack moves are those based on the stats Attack and Defense. Physical Attack moves are of the types Normal, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Flying, Bug, Rock, Ghost, and Steel.

~Pierce
Effect: Any item thrown by the Pokemon will fly through all obstacles, including walls, until disappearing. This will affect all Pokemon in its path. Its effect wears off upon moving to the next floor.

~Poisoned
Effect: The Pokemon takes damage every ten turns. It is also prevented from regenerating HP. Poison does not disappear over turns. Heal it quickly by using certain moves or items, or by going to the next floor.

~Power Ears
Effect: The Pokemon gains the ability to pinpoint the locations of other Pokemon on the floor's map. This effect wears off upon moving to the next floor.

~Protect
Effect: The Pokemon will take no damage from attacks and moves. It will also resist effects of moves. It may take damage from rocks, explosions, etc. This condition lasts a set amount of turns.

~Rain
Effect: The weather is rainy. It boosts the power of Water-type moves and weakens Fire-type moves.

~Razor Wind
Effect: The Pokemon is preparing to use the move Razor Wind. On the next turn, Razor Wind will be unleashed.

~Reflect
Effect: The Pokemon takes only half the damage from Physical Attack moves and regular attacks. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Safeguard
Effect: The Pokemon is protected against all status problems. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Sandstorm
Effect: There is a raging sandstorm. This weather condition inflicts damage on all Pokemon except for the Ground, Rock, and Steel types.

~Scanning
Effect: The Pokemon gains the ability to pinpoint on the map the locations of unclaimed items. This effect wears off upon moving to the next floor.

~Set Damage
Effect: The amount of damage inflicted by the Pokemon's moves and regular attack becomes set at a certain figure. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Skull Bash
Effect: The Pokemon is preparing to use the move Skull Bash. On the next turn, Skull Bash will be unleashed.

~Sky Attack
Effect: The Pokemon is preparing to use the move Sky Attack. On the next turn, Sky Attack will be unleashed.

~Sleep
Effect: The Pokemon falls asleep and becomes incapable of any action. Its effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Sleepless
Effect: The Pokemon becomes incapable of falling asleep. Its effect lasts a set amount of turns

~Snatch
Effect: The Pokemon steals the effects of moves used by other Pokemon on the floor. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Snow
Effect: There is a raging snowstorm. This weather condition boosts the Movement Speed of Ice-type Pokemon by one level.

~Solarbeam
Effect: The Pokemon is preparing to launch the move Solarbeam. On the next turn, Solarbeam will be unleashed.

~Special Attack Moves
Effect: Special Attack moves are those based on the stats Special Attack and Special Defense. Special Attack moves are of the types Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Ice, Psychic, Dragon, and Dark.

~Stair Spotter
Effect: The Pokemon gains the ability to pinpoint the location of the stairs on the map. This effect wears off upon moving to the next floor.

~Stockpiling
Effect: The Pokemon is storing power with the move Stockpile. The more power Stockpiled, the more powerful the move Spit Up becomes. The stored power is lost if the Pokemon goes on to the next floor.

~Sunny
Effect: The sun is blazing. It boosts the power of Fire-type moves and weakens Water-type moves.

~Sure Shot
Effect: The Pokemon's accuracy of moves and attacks is boosted so they always hit. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Taunted
Effect: When using moves or Wonder Orbs, the Pokemon will only use offensive ones that inflict damage. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Terrified
Effect: The Pokemon is badly frightened. It will try to flee from other Pokémon.

~Transformed
Effect: The Pokemon transforms into a different Pokemon, appearance-wise. This effect wears off upon moving to the next floor.

~Vital Throw
Effect: The Pokemon counters any Physical Attack move or regular attack by picking up and hurling the foe. If the Pokemon faints, it cannot retaliate with a throw. This condition lasts a set amount of turns.

~Water Sport
Effect: The floor's status changes to Water Sport. The power of Fire-type moves is halved.

~Weakened
Effect: Because of moves, special abilities, etc., the Pokemon is weakened in terms of such stats as Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense. It is possible to heal this condition with a Wonder Tile, etc. Moving to the next floor will also heal it.

~Whiffer
Effect: The Pokemon's accuracy of moves and attacks is minimized so they hardly ever hit. Even sure-hit moves may miss. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Wish
Effect: The Pokemon regains HP faster than usual. This effect lasts a set amount of turns.

~Wrap
Effect: The Pokemon wraps around the foe and inflicts damage every several turns. During that time, the Pokemon is also incapable of doing anything else. These effects last a set amount of turns.

~Wrapped
Effect: The Pokemon is wrapped by a foe. It becomes incapable of action and takes damage every several turns. These effects last a set number of turns.

~Yawning
Effect: The Pokemon becomes drowsy and falls asleep after several turns.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:10 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

There are a total of four reward statues obtainable in Mystery Dungeon. They are awarded to you upon the completion of certain criteria. Once you have obtained a statue, you can find the decoration in the little garden just outside your Rescue Team Base.

This mini-guide will explain what you must achieve to obtain each statue. Wonder Mail codes have also been provided for missions that give statues as rewards.

ImageThe Bonsly Statue

This statue is obtained by completing all 17 type-based mazes in the Makuhita Dojo.

ImageThe Lucario Statue

This statue is obtained when you achieve the Rescue Team Rank of Lucario, which requires 15000 Rescue Points.

ImageThe Mime Jr Statue

This statue is obtained when you complete a special mission rated S or *, with the statue as the reward.

ImageThe Weavile Statue

This statue is obtained when you complete a special mission rated S or *, with the statue as the reward.

Acknowledgements
-Pokemon Elite 2000 Sprite Resource
-Special Thanks to Pokemaniac, who contributed the information for this guide

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

BAN ME PLEASE speculate that the recent natural disasters are to blame. However, some also blame Team Koffing's training in the area for the foul-smelling gas. The answer, apparently, is blowing in the wind.

It is the Ban Me Please really needed?

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:54 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Quote:
BAN ME PLEASE speculate that the recent natural disasters are to blame. However, some also blame Team Koffing's training in the area for the foul-smelling gas. The answer, apparently, is blowing in the wind.

It is the Ban Me Please really needed?

It is the automatic word filter of the forums at work, and not any mod. That's because the word censored in this case was "specia-lists", minus the hyphen. An unsuitable term can be found in that word, and hence the entire word has been censored off.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:25 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

In response to the new map TK and Jigglypuff made:

first of all... thank you Snowball, TK, Jigglypuff for the update...
second, something I think is missing

unique items:

Wish cave: Wish stone F 50
Fiery field: Fire stone
Lightning field: thunder stone
Northwind field: Water stone
Mt. Faraway: Friend bow (Floor something)
Solar cave: Key, Surf, Waterfall..

basically HM's and special items that may involve evolutions...

I think we're pretty much done with PMD guides...
unless one for Purity forest, joyous tower, and Wish cave that the PMD board can make up (as in a democratic guide brought to you by the PMD forum)

Now, if you are planning to make a Purity guide...
I will make a list of items that I recommend to keep in Purity Forest:
To throw at foe:
Blinker Seed ,Doom Seed,Allure Seed, Sleep Seed, Totter Seed, Stun Seed,
Hunger Seed (create blockade),
Decoy Orb(monster house savior),
Slow Orb, Quick Orb, Slumber Orb, Totter Orb,
Rollcall Orb(to gather all at once, so none block your way)

self use:
Warp Scarf
Oran Berry (heal hp)
Sitrus Berry (increase hp)
Eyedrop Seed (see traps, useful to fall into pitfall traps)
Life Seed (increase hp)
Quick Seed
Warp Seed (foe or self in tragic situations)
Joy Seed
TM Roar
TM Attract
See-Trap Orb (prevent nasty traps)
Luminous Orb (find stair)
Invisify Orb (evade foe), One-Shot Orb (ko foe)
Itemizer Orb (ko'd foe...LOL)
Hurl Orb (considerable)
Mobile Orb
Stairs Orb

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:14 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Thank TK and Jiggz for the interactive map; I played little part in that, if at all ;o
As for the missing info, the main site will be edited to reflect the information. Thanks for the feedback.

Anyway, guides are likely to be written at a slower pace than before, due to a severe lack of time on my part. Jiggz and TK have very busy schedules themselves, I believe >.>

Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next