It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:48 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 what would be a good rock/ground pokemon? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

what would be a good rock/ground pokemon that I could get in Gold Version without trading?

Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Walking down the path of life. Perhaps we will meet again someday.
Rhydon comes to mind, and Graveler is decent even without evolving. Pupitar is also rock/ground but you would be better off with Tyranitar.

Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:27 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ground/rock is pretty weak against water and grass, they don't have good special defense or offense, so they can't have a good counter against those types (like thunderbolt in Rhydon if he is fighting with a water type). The best are Golem and Rhydon like Gardevoir said, but they are slow and they can die before attack... onix is quicker, but it isn't a good pokemon.

Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't know how married you are to the Rock/Ground type, but I thought it would be worthwhile to suggest Donphan.

A well trained Donphan can PWN a member of the Rhydon family. It's also great for getting out of irritating situations. Check it out:

*Rapid Spin: Not alot of damage dealt with this, but you can blow away anything like Spikes, Leech Seed, Fire Spin, and Wrap/Bind and really take the wind out of your opponent's sails.

*Rollout: Does double the damage each time it hits, and is (IMO) a very cool move (plus, it's fun to watch your opponent get pummeled for five turns).

*Defense Curl: Not only does it raise your defense by one stage, it also doubles the attack power of Rollout when used right before it. Got to love combos, huh?

*Earthquake: Do I really have to explain this one? Usually takes your opponent out in one hit if they're weak against Ground. 'Nuff said, wouldn't you agree?

So yeah, it doesn't have a Rock type in its element, but it PWNs all the same. My Donphan even helped me waste the E4 a few times. :wink:

Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh, really? Wow, I feel kind of retarded now.

Let's just say I was...testing your knowledge as to what PkMn you could catch in Gold...yes...that's it...testing your knowledge...

**looks around shiftily**

Have you tried Sudowoodo yet? I haven't but I hear good things. :wink:

Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:38 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I wouldn't really recommend Rhydon; dual Rock/Ground types are pretty bad, IMO. Water attacks (common) and Grass moves usually own them in one hit, no matter how much SA the opponent has (when I say this, I mean Pokemon around the Rock/Ground Pokemon's level will KO them regardless of SA). But on the other hand, you could use Exp.Share and continuously train on the Elite Four. Eventually your Pokemon will be a high enough level to generally avoid this problem.

If you've defeated the Elite Four, obtained all of the gym badges, and have decided to use a non dual Rock/Ground, I guess Tyranitar is the way to go. Great stats and movesets; but just beware of Fighting Pokemon and/or fighting attacks on other types of Pokemon.

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'd say, {tyranitar} would be best but u can only catch him where you battle ash :/ n e having a {donphan} would be also a good idea.

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:39 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

tyranitar@psncureberry
flamethrower
thunderbolt
dragon dance/swords dance
aerial ace

or corsola

corsola@psncureberry
psychic
calm mind
raindance
surf

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ok dragon dance, aerial ace, and calm mind don't exist in this generation and i doubt ttar learns all those so those movesets are defunct. rhydon is amazing in gsc simply because it can stall out anything called raikou or zapdos (prob the 2 most popular electrics). its EQ also hurts snorlax and roar is nice for pseudohaze.

donphan is fine too but rollout+def curl is a horrible combo in gsc because using rollout locks you in and allows any water to come in and kill. go for the standard EQ + Rock slide on most of these and supplement with roar. donphan's rapid spin is quite useful. If you're using golem add fireblast to deal with steels.

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:47 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:18 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

typhlame, this is called necromancy. This topic is 5 months old, and your post doesn't add something to discussion. Please don't do it again.

The Jonatron wrote:
Xatu Unlickely this guy wont get powered.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:22 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

typhlame, this is called necromancy. This topic is 5 months old, and your post doesn't add something to discussion. Please don't do it again.

this is back seat moderating at its finest. I don't even know why so many people suggested tyranitar. The guy said he wanted a rock/ground duo.
Tyranitar is rock/dark. Why do so many people suggest Tyranitar?!

WiFi Wanted List

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Er, Tyranitar can learn Earthquake anyway. *shrug*

In any case, please do not revive old threads, and please do not backseat moderate. paperluigi, if you require further assistance on this matter, please approach a moderator to get this topic re-opened for you.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:42 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 15 posts ]