It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What is your IQ? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well I did an official Mensa test at a hotel to see if I passed or not and got an IQ of 161. So that makes me the most intelligent out of every 11,000 people. Lol, and people think I'm retarded.

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Intelligence doesn't equate to smartness. You could be smarter than Stephen Hawking, and still be a complete idiot.

Also, as I recall, the validity and accuracy of those tests have been brought into question several times.

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes I agree completly. Drifting away from the topic a bit. As that area of discussion (does IQ matter) is separate, please only post you IQ. But don't worry what it is.

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:33 pm

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

IQ tests don't work. They try to cover many parts of the brain, like general knowledge, some person knowledge, language knowledge and geographical knowledge. Well, the one I did had that.

I think and IQ test should have more, as some of us are smart in different ways.

On the IQ test I did last year, I was like 120 something. >_>

Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:11 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

They've been scientifically proven. Thye measure the brain's ability to process data. Geographical knowledge is a a bad one to test because some people do Geog to GCSE or at uni, others don't. I've come at 120 at most of the ones I've done. That's why I went to a Mensa test, they are more reliable and have more of a range.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I took the Test the Nation test (crappy test thing once a year here in the UK) and got like 137. I think that the television either did it wrong, or I was exceedinggly lucky. I'm going for both options!

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I took the Test the Nation test (crappy test thing once a year here in the UK) and got like 137. I think that the television either did it wrong, or I was exceedinggly lucky. I'm going for both options!

Yep, I did that and we had a power cut before the end so I lost the results. But yeh, TV ones and such often have a lower range.

I did a card based one, multiple choice then add up at the end and got 151 I think.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Walking down the path of life. Perhaps we will meet again someday.
The IQ tests are no where near accurate. The results always vary, so you can't judge a person's intelligence solely on that.

There are many things that IQ tests cannot measure but determine you as a person. For example, creativity and spontaneity.

I have taken two IQ tests before, both official ones that were monitered. On one of them, I got 148, and on the other, I got 165. There is a whole standard deviation between my two scores.

There are many factors that cannot be accounted for, and those are the places where the IQ tests fail.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Wow, how is Team Psyche? I was mysteriously kicked out of Midnight (apparently for the probation status) and I'm all alone, so Team Psyche's a good a guess as any.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Walking down the path of life. Perhaps we will meet again someday.
Now that's just plain random, and this is the wrong place to ask.

But you should talk to Flarey, she's in charge of team membership.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've taken a few of them, and on average I score a 150-160.
I haven't really looked at the scores and their meanings, so I'm not sure exactly how well I did, maybe someone can comment on that.
What I do know is some of them are terribly incorrect, so make sure it's certified before you take it and seriously consider the score you recieve. >_<

<center>Image</center>

Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:31 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I find it pretty amazing that the people on this website seem to be testing above genius levels considering some of the topics and replies I've read on here. This leads me to believe that almost none of you have ever really taken one.

Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Upon researching the score meanings, I have this to say:

I doubt I'm a genius. But I do know that tests I have taken are certified. They were given at school.

I'd also like to point out how rude your comment was DatVu. You've called us liars, when you have nothing to base your accusations on. For all you know, every one of us -could- be telling the truth. I can assure you that I am truthful about my score. Does that make me more intelligent than anyone else on this forum? Not really. Do I want you to say I am? Not at all. You don't have to take me for my word, but the least you could do is hold your tongue if you don't have anything constructive to add to the conversation. That actually could be considered trolling.

It's called internal monologue, and is sadly underused on this forum.

<center>Image</center>

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:31 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

but I don't judge my intelligence by a written exam or whatnot... that's just plain silly to do so :P

Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:14 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

...You've called us liars...

I actually didn't call you a liar. Why would I have any reason to do so? I was basically stating that you have never taken (a real) IQ test. I didn't think I would have to specify that.

Last edited by DatVu on Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:22 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

-Last Time I tested, in 4th Grade, I scored 137. Test took Forever too. I seem smarter than I am in person because I have great Memory for Information. U;

Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:54 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

High and low at the same time and both ways. I don't count it as a number.

Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

wow there are alot of smart pepole here...my IQ was (last time i cheaked)167 but those tests are always acurate

Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Real IQ tests vary from country to country, based on the educational differences and things like that.
I know IQ tests have been scientificly tested and so on, but I find it hard to believe that when you have to look at so many variables (like all the corners of the human brain and different nations's individual education), a simple test can be accurate at all.

From what I've heard, you're above the average if you've got a 100 in IQ, is this correct? 130 - 160 seems like genious level to me, too...
:)

Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

not sure but i they arent very accurate theres many things that decide that

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I find it pretty amazing that the people on this website seem to be testing above genius levels considering some of the topics and replies I've read on here. This leads me to believe that almost none of you have ever really taken one.

secundum quid. or is it non sequitur?

i've fluctuated from 120-150. all of the tests have been school-sponsored, and i got the lowest from some internet iq test (so i doubt the validity of that).

Trainer: Z
Emerald Dex: 335/340 (198/200) *all leveled/bred/caught on my own, no daycare leveling -_- (except legendaries outside Emerald).*

I understand EVs, DVs and IVs. I understand making good movesets, type matching, chain breeding and all that.

But I don't use them. ><

Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:40 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

135 but i think it was one of the online tests so i don't trust it.

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm not sure if they're accurate, but the last time I had an IQ test I scored a 117.

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:05 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next