whats ur fav show
pokemon 68%  68%  [ 36 ]
digimon 13%  13%  [ 7 ]
or both 19%  19%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 53

ur favorite show digimon or pokemon 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

lol i just searched for digimon forus and there was a few but like only 3 people wer registed there.

on topic

pokemon is better

Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I like Pokemon better I used to like Digimon but now I hate it

Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i had fond memories of digimon episodes and the movie.

but pokemon has more stuff,

episodes, movies, toys and games.

Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:48 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I love BOTH Digimon AND Pokemon! Cuz their MAGIC! [/sarcasm]

-.-
To tell the truth, the animes of both of them are completely worthless today. Morever, they both focus more on gigs (and crappy voices too). More people would prefer Pokemon here, yes, but that doesn't matter. Pokemon is much more diligent in that the first season focused on getting there and getting there quickly. It also made everyone dispute over it.

Yes, Pokemon has its downsides, like it overwhelming satanism. However, Pokemon is fairly decent. The frist seiries of the anime, anyway, and the games. The later generation, the advanced generation, is a load of crap. It focuses on the characters not knowing what they should do, and it also has many more flaws. (Don't get me STARTED on the VOICES.)

Digimon... That's for another place, and another time.

~CC

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:36 pm
blah blah blah

Digimon and Pokemon are both really cool.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

pokemon is wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better than digimon. i watched 2 seconds of digimon and i was bored to death! what's the point of bringing that show up on a pokemon site! i don't see how some people like digimon, i mean, it's basically a copy of pokemon! pokemon should sue for plagerism of a TV series! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:13 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Anyway, I guess I'll just c/p what I've said about Digimon vs Pokemon previously:

Quote:
Actually, how do you know that Digimon copied concepts from Pokemon? The idea of evolution doesn't seem unique enough to me for any game or anime to lay sole claim on it. Satoshi Tajiri created Pokemon in 1995, while Digimon was created in 1997 or so, which isn't too much of a difference. If anything, Digimon was based on Tamagotchi, not Pokemon. Besides, in Digimon, evolution is different from that of Pokemon in that it is merely a temporary change.

Regarding the names of Digimon and their associated attacks, they are actually better-sounding in Chinese and Japanese. Blame the Japanese people's translations of the names into English. The same goes for the voice acting for Digimon. I've watched the Fox Kids version and it's rather awful. Moreover, they replaced all the great Digimon Japanese theme songs with some weird "Digimon, Digimon..." chant.

In short, Pokemon and Digimon are unique in their own aspects, and it is not fair to either franchise to say that they've copied from the other. Learn to accept each of their strengths, instead of taking extreme views against one of them while pledging your support to the other.

Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:17 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Of course, Pokemon. Digimon is a terrible, terrible thing in my opinion. Pokemon is way better.

Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:43 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'd have to say pokemon. I mean Digimon was a good show but there is a reason it got cancled and pokemon still airs today. Pokemon is better.

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I couldn't decide between the two. Pokémon gave me a whole new game series to play and had comedy and suspense in its shows. While Digimon had some sadness and way more action. All of these are great qualities for Animé shows, but both shows were suffering a lack of seriousness. Everything turned into a joke! I mean, if you were Ash and you just had Team Rocket steal your best pokemon would you not just lash out on them? Or perhaps call the police? I guess Digimon didn't lack seriousness as bad, but it still lacked it.

And the larger majority of the viewers are young children, so they couldn't make it too serious. But it might have been good for kids to know the difference between a serious situation and a funny situation a little bit more and a little bit younger, rather than thinking getting something stolen is OK as long as you get it back or it being OK to not call the police in a bad situation.

Thats my 2 cents.

Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:12 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i can't say...digimon hasn't been seen since its season 4...and it kinda died at season 3...but yeah if it's first season/ and second season time gap, yeah that was good...pokemon kinda became repetitive...ash trains, fights for justice, learns about a pokemon...life goes on...jessie and james have had more character development...and it seems ash barely grows as a character...so i cannot say which i liked more...

Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2