It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 58  Next
 Creative Movesets *Announcement over DP: see first post* 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've never done this, but I'll give it a shot.

{slaking}
@lefties
(neutral nature)
Sub
Focus Punch
Bulk Up
Shadow Ball

What do you think?

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Here I'd like to give it a try, Here's a Toxi-Trapper/Annoyer

{sableye} @ Bright Powder
Ability: Keen Eyes
Nature: Timid (+Spd. -Atk.)
EV's: 252 Spd., 252 Spec. Def., 6 Def.
Mean Look
Toxic
Moonlight
Detect

Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:26 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sorry for the exceedingly long delay, but there are other things to tend to every now and then. Anyway...

Kecleon: That's not too original of an idea with the Trick + CB strategy for Kecleon, and the Kecleon having Skill Swap idea isn't either. Also, Mimic doesn't help much in battles because when you're taking a move, you're allowing your opponent to attack you when you do so, and if that move is damaging, you're probably going to end up with a very small HP amount if any. Bind doesn't work on that set very well because it's a Normal attack and would be useless after Skill Swap even though it still doesn't help much before. It can end, too, so it doesn't guarentee victory. I say no.

Charizard: Personally, I'm not a great fan of Attract. One main reason is the chance that it's worthless you're the same gender as the opponent or the opponent has no gender. Anyway, I doubt that it would work, but I'll give it a shot.

Slaking: Physical Sweeping isn't a surprise or very creative for Slaking, even if there's some Sub-Punch thrown in.

Sableye: Toxi-Trapping for Sableye just isn't creative either.

And some results:

Mantine: This doesn't have any Attack power anyway. I usually check these things first, but I didn't that it only had 40 base Attack, which is kind of bad. That's 196 with maxed everything. This did little to help and severely affected the performance. Maybe if the Attack was better, I'd think that it would make it. On the other hand, it didn't.

Alakazam: Usually after you Snatch something or Knock Off their Item, all they'll usually do is switch. There's not really much to do; you come in and do something small, and they just counter back with something better.

Rapidash: According to the description under it in the post, it said that it wasn't very effective. This turned out to be true and worked about as well as the other Toxi-Trapping things like that that I've tested. No.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:26 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Here's my new one, Physical Sweeping/Choice-Banding... :plays theme song: SCEPTILE!

{sceptile} @ Choice Band/Scope Lens/Shell Bell
Ability: Overgrow (Which isn't helpful)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk. -Spec. Atk.)
EV's: 252 Atk., 252 Spd., 6 HP
Brick Break
EQ
Aerial Ace/Swords Dance
Return/Swords Dance

If something like this has already been posted I'm so so soooooooo sorry, I didn't feel like looking through so many pages, and too bad that Sceptile can't learn Swords Dance, but luckily he has averag ATK.

Last edited by Loco_Ludicolo on Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

He can learn Sword Dance. I think I've posted a similar moveset once, only it had Sword Dance instead of Return and Rock Tomb instead of Aerial Ace.

Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:41 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ability: pressure
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Def, 6 HP.
Agility
Endure
Thunderbolt
Baton Pass

The idea is to agility Zapdos' speed up, endure an attack to boost your chosen stat and baton pass easily and efficently to a slow powerhouse.

It sounds a lot better than a lot of these ideas. Could someone tell me what's wrong with it? Oh and don't go phazing, that's just rude :lol:

Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:29 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

What about a Superpowered Tanking Registeel? (and actually, if anybody has any thoughts about this moveset period, please share them)

{registeel} @ Lefties
Brave (+Att., -Spd.)
252 HP, 250 Att., 4 Def., 4 Sp. Def.
-Iron Defense
-Amnesia
-Superpower
-Curse

Use the two defense raising moves alternating for the first couple of turns, then alternate Superpower and Curse, hitting and then restoring the lost Att. and Def. No idea how it will work, and some EV spread help might be needed.

Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What about a Superpowered Tanking Registeel? (and actually, if anybody has any thoughts about this moveset period, please share them)

{registeel} @ Lefties
Brave (+Att., -Spd.)
-Iron Defense
-Amnesia
-Superpower
-Curse

Use the two defense raising moves alternating for the first couple of turns, then alternate Superpower and Curse, hitting and then restoring the lost Att. and Def. No idea how it will work, and some EV spread help might be needed.

OK. Nice idea, but it can't hit ghosts. Adamant > Brave. Alternating curse and super power excluding the speed loss (slow enough) gives 225 power over two turns. Assuming you survive the first attack, 112 is a good fighting type return. I like white herb. It IS a tanking set but the concept is just too hard to pull off. Even with the stat boosts, it can't take enough hits for leftovers to recover enough. White herb is neat for a two turn ko. Then you can switch. The first turn of rasing stats lets them switch to a (p)hazer such as Weezing or Skarmory who can laugh off stat boosts, attacks and spike/burn you while simply phazing away. Ouch.

So, if I can I'll give it 2/10. It fails to serve the purpose.

Oh btw, can I move my Zapdos' speed EVs to special defense with 6 in speed where HP was.

Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:42 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{registeel} @ Lefties
Brave (+Att., -Spd.)
-Iron Defense
-Amnesia
-Superpower
-Curse

yea i havent been on here long, but ive been playing the pokemon games forever so yea

i like the movessets, and its a reallly good idea, but i just dont like lengendaries, idk, its just me, but they seem kinda cheap in my opinion

Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I agree with you 100%. As a more mathematical trainer, I have different reasons:

First off, non-emerald players cannot refresh the EVs.
The IVs of legendaries are just random. If someone has a ho-oh with hidden power fighting they just got there by luck. Other pok

Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:11 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've never done this, but I'll give it a shot.

{slaking}
@lefties
(neutral nature)
Sub
Focus Punch
Bulk Up
Shadow Ball

What do you think?

Er, the sub has to survive: the turn you use it, the truant turn to offer focus punch working. I just don't get it. Not creative at all, just lame.

Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:19 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Team Seekers"

"I'm perhaps the least typical Ledian user you'll ever get to see in the whole OU" - AABM.

· Say, Orange looks better than gray, doesn't it?

Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So how did you get to faraway island? Punk...

AABM wrote:

{flygon}@ Scope Lens? Lefties? Shell bell?
Docile - Male - Faraway Island (Egg)

10 EV HP, 100 EV At., 100 EV Def., 100 EV Spd, 100 EV Sp. Def., 100 EV Sp. At.

Flamethrower
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

(Mixed, fast sweeper; my reliable friend has to be Docile...duh!)

How is fast with no speed EVs. Put in the effort and EV train him. Nothing creative, QuakeSlide and FlameClaw are good combos for no resistance but as I said nothing creative.

{salamence}@ King

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:56 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

yea i have played the games since i was like five, and i never really new about ev training, adn where to battle the pokemon for ev traning, and i dont really want to start over that game, because im really far, so yea, but heres my team for emerald [ill post my firered team later], so talk about it all you like, i really dont care, im here for help on this stuff, so yea, so idk how my evs are spread out, so again, yea

{blaziken}@charcoal/white herb
quirky-male-blaze
Sky Uppercut
Fire Blast/Overheat/Flamethrower
Bulk Up
Double Team

{breloom}@miracle seed/black belt
impish-male-effect spore
sky Uppercut
solarbeam
bulk up
sunny day

yea i wish i had a different one, because hes my team is very vunerable to flying and physic

{gyarados}@silk scarf/mystic water
quirky-male-intimidate
dragon dance
hyper beam
surf/hydro pump
roar

{swellow}@silk scarf/sharp beak
quiet-female-guts
hyper beam/ i need some other move than hyper beam
doubel team
aerial ace
facade

{flygon}@soft sand
rash-female-levitate
earthquake
dragon claw
sandstorm
toxic

{magneton}@magnet
relaxed-unknown-sturdy
thunderbolt
double team/ some other move, i would get killed by a hazer
thunder wave
reflect

so yea, suggestion would be awesome

Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{venusaur}@miracel seed
quirky
solarbeam
sleep powder
syntheis[or some other move]
sunny day

{charizard}@charcoal
relaxed
flamethrower/fire blast
Aerial Ace
Dragon Claw [this is only for when i face dragons]/ roar
double team

{blastoise}@mystic water/soft sand/leftovers/chesto berry
lonely
earthwquake
rest
hydro pump/surf
toxic

{heracross}@black belt
brave
brick break
magahorn
andure
reversal

{alakazam}@twisted spoon/quickclaw
jolly
physic
torment
calm mind
recover

{golem}@hard stone/soft sand
naughty
earthquake
rock slide/rollouut
sandstorm
defensecurl

Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Please, use the Rating Center for this, redcrushk. Go here: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=261

As for Magic Umbreon, you are free to comment on other people's submitted sets, but please be polite at the very least.

Anyway, I apologise for the lack of time devoted to this thread. The raters and testers have all been busy in one way or another, so give us some time to sort all the untested and uncommented sets out.

Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:17 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

my bad, im new, so i dont know my way around yet

Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

This moveset is invincible but exceedingly cheap.

{smeargle} Quick Claw
Lock On
Sheer Cold
Recover
OverHeat

{mew} @ White Herb
Transform
Recover
Psychic
Something else

You use this set in a double battle, and transform Mew into Smeargle. Then, you can sweep away you opponent's first five Pokemon (PPs reduced to 5, see?) by using Lock On and then Sheer Cold. I didn't choose Horn Drill because it doesn't hit ghosts and Fissure doesn't hit flying types. I chose Overheat because Sheer Cold won't hit Shedinja, no matter how many times you Lock On :wink:
Use Recover if the opponent is using something like a Crunch-y Houndoom or just switch out to something that will devatate it.
The only problem with it is that you have to take the other person's second pokemon into accout too; it is a double battle after all.
I can't see a fault with it, but it seems to easy to have no faults, so please tell me if you see one.

Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yea i have played the games since i was like five, and i never really new about ev training, adn where to battle the pokemon for ev traning, and i dont really want to start over that game, because im really far, so yea, but heres my team for emerald [ill post my firered team later], so talk about it all you like, i really dont care, im here for help on this stuff, so yea, so idk how my evs are spread out, so again, yea

{blaziken}@charcoal/white herb
quirky-male-blaze
Sky Uppercut
Fire Blast/Overheat/Flamethrower
Bulk Up
Double Team

Neat, lose all the hold items. Shell bell, lefties, macho brace, exp. share, amulet coin, lum berry are easy to obtain items in-game.

Nothing creative, mixed sweeper. Double team doesn't serve much purpose.

{breloom}@miracle seed/black belt
impish-male-effect spore
sky Uppercut
solarbeam
bulk up
sunny day

yea i wish i had a different one, because hes my team is very vunerable to flying and physic

Indeed. Release him, no use without spore.

{gyarados}@silk scarf/mystic water
quirky-male-intimidate
dragon dance
hyper beam
surf/hydro pump
roar

Actually quite creative: Surf for physical tanks.

{swellow}@silk scarf/sharp beak
quiet-female-guts
hyper beam/ i need some other move than hyper beam
doubel team
aerial ace
facade

Standardish.

{flygon}@soft sand
rash-female-levitate
earthquake
dragon claw
sandstorm
toxic

Standard mixed with ineffective moves.

{magneton}@magnet
relaxed-unknown-sturdy
thunderbolt
double team/ some other move, i would get killed by a hazer
thunder wave
reflect

Standard variation.

so yea, suggestion would be awesome

Well, you have 2 choices:

Start again (you're not losing much). How many hours? I restarted at 200 hours on emerald and 100 on ruby. Get to 400, that's excusable not to restart.

Or keep your file.

Overall, nowhere near creative but a nice mix of pok

Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:21 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Magic Umbreon, just because I'm not paying as much attention to this thread as I used to be doesn't mean that you can just do whatever. Please leave what you have been doing to the current testers/raters. You are not one. This is not like a mini-rating center either, which means that when people post, don't act like you have to give them your own opinion over their idea(s). Please at least follow what sN0wBaLL said about being polite, too.

For my own views on Smeargle and Mew: Smeargle is not considered creative in this thread because of its Sketch and ability to learn almost any moveset you want, not to mention that one of its standards (in the standard movesets guide) is similar, yet even better. For Mew, I don't see what good it could do after it has transformed, and using Transform is not one of the best strategies out there, anyway.

Anyway, I don't briefly come back without finishing the test list. :P

Charizard: No... it just acted like most of the other dozen or so Toxi-trappers that I've tested throughout the course of the thread. Fire Spin would end or Charizard would just get too beaten up to stay in.

Zapdos: It wasn't perfect, but it still did alright. I'll put it in the HoF when I get to it.

As with the new 2v2 guide, a Psybucks prize system has been incorporated here as well. For some of you older veterans, you may remember a time when we first tried this out with a prize system and how it didn't turn out all that well. However, now it's back up and ready to go! I will be providing the Psybucks this time and will even donate Psybucks to the older HoF members' creators so they won't feel left out.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Def, 6 HP.
Mean Look
Fake Tears
Dark Pulse
Baton Pass

Fake Tears to force the switch, then mean look and baton pass to:

{clefable} @ leftovers
Magic Guard: Only attacks that do damage work on Clefairy
Nature: (+Def - Atk)
Calm Mind
Moonlight/Double Team
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Great for the element of surprise; a lot of pok

Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:20 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'll just quote myself from a recent PM that I sent regarding PD matters in the Creative Movesets topic:

Quote:
I don't really know how we're going to get PD into the creative movesets yet, but it is definitely not going to be before NetBattle adds PD stuff. Also, we will still need to make the PD standards in the first place, and we're already planning on those.... Until all of these happen, I doubt that much will be done, really. The CM topic will just stay as an Advance Gen metagame for now.

Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:47 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Items this is eay for marowak thick club
moves soards dance scull bash earthquake and bone club / mega punch or mega kick
set up with soards dance and then blast away with earthquake

note you will need the fire red or leaf green move touters

Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:52 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Your moveset seems kinda standard, ninetales fire. We're looking for creative movesets, and not just any that work. Thanks anyway =)

Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 58  Next