It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:07 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Extra breeding information 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

First of all, I wanted to just say how awesome the egg-move information on the Psydex is (especially with all the new improvements). The other reason for this post is to suggest an extra bit of information which I think would significantly enhance its usefulness.

For example, if someone wanted to create a Reversalken (a Blaziken which knows the moves Endure and Reversal), you could use the Psydex to discover that you could do this by
1) levelling up a male Vigoroth until it learns both the moves,
2) after it learns them, breed it with a female Blaziken (or Torchic etc).
The baby will know Endure and Reversal.

On the other hand, if your friend loaned you their (male) Reversalken and you bred it with a female Blaziken, the baby would still be a Reversalken.

However, the Psydex doesn't include Blaziken in the list of egg-move parents for passing on the moves Endure or Reversal.

In light of this example, I think it would be good to know which moves a pokemon can pass on to its young. Obviously it would be ridiculous to change the egg-move section so it has 100 moves, most of which the only parent is Blaziken itself. But perhaps in the Learnset section, there could be an extra column. This column would have a tick or cross depending on whether the move is preserved by breeding (ie if a baby of the same species will have the move when it is born if the parent knows it).

This goes for non-breeding moves also. If a male Treecko is leveled up until it learns Giga Drain (level 46 I think) then you can breed it with a female Treecko and get a Lv 5 Treecko which knows Giga Drain. (Other moves such as Pursuit, and some TMs, can be passed on in this way also.)

What do other people think? Is there a simple rule I have overlooked?

Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think it's a sound idea, but it would probably be an uber pain in the side for whoever programs the Psydex.

There is another way to find out how to pass on a technique through breeding that already exists in the Psydex, by the way. You simply do the Attack Search, and then select the tab that says "Egg Move". The Psydex will then list what Pokemon can learn the attack in question through breeding and who they have to breed with to do so.

The attack search can be found here for future reference. :wink:

Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

However, the Psydex doesn't include Blaziken in the list of egg-move parents for passing on the moves Endure or Reversal.

In light of this example, I think it would be good to know which moves a pokemon can pass on to its young.

There is a section like this in the breeeding guide. It shows wich moves are passed down and how.

Image Image

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:21 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Well since this is more like a suggestion I'll move this to Viridian Forest forum section so the admins will take note. However, my personal opinion is that the present Psydex info is good enough already. The details of which moves can be passed down can be worked out when people breed their Pokemon.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thanks Tenraikatana - thats exactly what I was after! Problem solved :)

Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:00 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]