It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 "EV's" in Blue/Yellow/Red? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Okey, before you say "STFU N0013!!!" I know that there are not Effort values in the 'colours.' However, I am wondering, since I heard mention somewhere, there was a similar, though different system in the colours that affected stat growth that would maintain the illuision that trained pokemon are stronger that wild pokemon. Can someone help me out either with some info, or a pointer to som?

Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

There are things similar to EVs in GSC, Called Stat Experience, Stat Experience is basically the same as EVs, except you can do them for all the stats, I'm not sure if they exist in RBY or not though.

Someone else will probably have to answer.

Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:56 pm
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

I think I said this somewhere else, could have been in the chats, but anyway:

In GSC RBY, there existed "Stat Experience" which the method by which Pokemon Stats grew. In RSE LGFR, this method is called "Effort Values".

Stat Experience is identical to Effort Values with the exception of the following rule: The maximum amount of Stat Experience you can get is NOT capped 510 like it is with EVs. However, the 255 per stat cap remain. Thus the maximum amount of stat experience you can get is (5 * 255).

Remember that in GSC, a Pokemon had one Special DV that controlled BOTH their special attack and their special defense. That means that SA and SD will also share the Stat Exp, meaning there are only 5 stats (HP, Atk, Def, Spd, Spec)

Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:17 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Wow, I'd been struggling with that for ages. Does anyone know how the stat boosting items (protein/iron) work or which pokemon should you battle to max stats. Finally, is it a fair assumption that like in the advanced generation, going through the games should max your stats w/o meaning to?

Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:01 am
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

Stat boosting items award 10 points of stat experience to the relevant stat.

Going through the game does not necessarily max your stats. I wouldn't say it's the best assumption to make. Most people still end up training after beating the Elite 4. I think if you battle a wide variety of Pokemon and you reach level 100, you'll max your stats, easily.

Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: In the land of hysterical goths... Toronto, Ontario.
That 1275 Stat EXP points, and if the Stat Experience goes the same way as EV's in RSE with 1-3 EV's per battle, the quickest way you can max out a pokemon's stat EXP (SE's) is by battling 425 pokemon that give 3 stat EXP. This would mean 85 per stat.

Interesting, I never knew about any of this till now. I did the above calculations on the spot.

Sun May 07, 2006 12:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hmmm, how come we've never heard of what pokemon give what stats? Eg. if you ko 1000 pikachus (bliss) what are your evs? I'm quite angry now. We want answers!

Sun May 07, 2006 1:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If you KO 1000 Pikachus, your pokemon's SPEED will be maxed out. I think.

Mon May 08, 2006 8:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes, I knew that, but exactly how many pikas? Just shows that cheating rare candies is not the way forward! :P :P :P :P

Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:19 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

We have no idea, Magic Umbreon. While we do know that stat experience exists, we don't know how much stat exp each Pokemon gives out. It might be the same as the corresponding EVs in the advance generations, it might not. Just battle a wide variety of Pokemon and don't skive in training by using Rare Candies excessively and you should be able to max out the stats easily.

Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hmmm, in ruby+ pokemon with a high stat give high evs in that stat. It seems fair to assums the same happens in rby. Lock this thread if you like but it will always be interesting how theera re bits of rby we still don't know even in 2006, 10 years after the debut.

Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:32 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I read a long article on stat experience. I can't vouch for how reliable it was, but it held up under my inspection.

First off, The 'experience' you received had a direct correlation to the base stats of the defeated pokemon. It wasn't anything like the 1-3 points we get now.

I can't remember how high the cap was only that it was dismally out of reach of just a little training. Some hundreds of magikarp would have to be ko'd before maxing speed, I forget if it was more or less than 1000. The article had two examples, and I don't remember if the magikarp was the good or bad one.

The cap number was some crazy high result of multiplying 2 values I don't remember. This was years ago.

Sorry if I'm ressurecting something old, but this thing wasn't answered so...

I'm stupid, stat experience is in the psypoke faq. Man I suck.

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

We have no idea, Magic Umbreon. While we do know that stat experience exists, we don't know how much stat exp each Pokemon gives out. It might be the same as the corresponding EVs in the advance generations, it might not. Just battle a wide variety of Pokemon and don't skive in training by using Rare Candies excessively and you should be able to max out the stats easily.

You get an amount of stat exp from a pokemon exactly equal to its base stat for that stat. Metapod's base speed is 30? You get 30 speed stat exp. Special stat exp uses base special attack, by the way. The maximum stat exp in one stat is 65535 (=256*256 - 1), but the effective limit is 65025 (=255*255), just as the effective EV limit for one stat is 252 and not 255. The actual effect of stat exp is not linear like EV's, but is instead quadratic (too lazy to dig up the equation). Stat enhancers give 2550 stat exp a pop, up to a maximum of 10 stat enhancers in one stat. Stat enhancers will not raise your stat exp past 25500, even if some of it was not from stat enhancers. And so, as I have found, it is quite hard to max your stat exp. And thats all.

Sat May 19, 2007 8:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]