Cheating - Is it right? 

Do you agree with cheating?
Yes 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
No 31%  31%  [ 19 ]
In some aspects, yes. 60%  60%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 62

Cheating - Is it right? 
it's like a baguette

We don't need that kind of language. Please keep your posts clean.

Lol x100. Trust the administrators to set a good example for little kids.

Goldenquagsire wrote:
I'm afraid, Frost, I'm going to go with DP on this. I don't usually go against the mods/admins, or anyone for that matter, but it's a bit hypocritical telling us to watch our language when you go around swearing about an unimportant topic. As I have said, I respect your authority and power, but just remeber to practice what you preach.

Cry me a **** river. Just drop it.

And I'd save someone the trouble and just compare myself to the Gestapo, but every second that person spends looking at a thesaurus to make some "witty" comment about my moderating style could help that person to realize exactly how much of a poser they really are, so I won't.

Last edited by FireStarter on Sun May 21, 2006 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun May 21, 2006 10:49 am
THE POWER IS ON!

If I honestly cared what you guys think of what I say, that would not be my avatar. "Practice what I preach"? I've never once told anybody to watch their language, nor have I ever edited anybody's posts. In fact, I'm one of the biggest supporters of free speech on these forums. The only reason why we have the damn language filter set up anyway is because TK doesn't want oversensitive parents whining to him about what their pwecious CHIIIILDRENS have been exposed to. I also think this "protection of fragile minds" idea that today's parents worship is a crock of BS. So I think I will practice what I preach and tell you to shut the hell up for making such a big deal about a comment I said.

Last edited by Frost on Sun May 21, 2006 11:05 am, edited 6 times in total.

Sun May 21, 2006 10:52 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

And as I've been stressing, what feels more pleasing? Knowing that you've spent hours labouring to produce perfect natures, EVs and levels, and that you have ended up with an ultimate team? Or spending five minutes typing in codes like a robot to get pumped-up idiots that you've put no work into, and getting a half-hearted feeling of superioriety to everyone who slaved away working hard to get an uuber squad?

Oh, and in reply to you guys' posts,

Sun May 21, 2006 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

lol. I dont really care about "fragile minds". Maybe thats because I have a very hard head. Go free speech :P!
*ahem* Anyway, I have a question or two: Would cheating to fix a glitch be counted as bad? I.E. if I were to find a code somewhere that would enable me to fix the Berry Glitch because I cannot do it legitimately...
or fixing a game, pronto? My Gold version keeps deleting my save files, and I think somethings wrong with the save mechanism....its 6 years old...would cheating by any chance happen to fix that?

-Gardevoir~

Sun May 21, 2006 12:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

WOW. This topic got really off. I"M SORRY.

Anyway...Gardevoir~ , I think your game is simply corrupted. The only thing you can do is get rid of it.

Sun May 21, 2006 4:22 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Anyway...Gardevoir~ , I think your game is simply corrupted. The only thing you can do is get rid of it.

Thats what I thought...bye-bye Keneti and Zapina...thou shalt be missed. I think something got bpumed inside of the casing by accident.
I see no real use in cheating on games that dont really have a definite end. Ones like Pokemon, youre not going to beat it and not touch it for an eternity. Others, like, say, well I cant think of one to be honest, but I know some particular games :P, youre going to beat it then forget it exists.

-Gardevoir~

Sun May 21, 2006 5:50 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've also cheated for Deoxys and Jirachi. I am never going to be able to make it to a Nintendo Event, so I'll never get those Pokemon. As for people cheating for the legendary dogs and Lugia/Ho-Oh,

I thougt lugia and Ho-oh are only obtainable by Nintendo Event? (I'm new here) If not WHERE CAN I FIND THEM AND HOW!?
Cheating...meh....I don't do it anymore but I used to when I would play GSC.

Sun May 21, 2006 6:08 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: In the land of hysterical goths... Toronto, Ontario.
Lugia is obtainable from XD (I'd know) and Ho-oh is from Colloseum.

I'm an anti-cheater, because in-game I play fairly. It's wrong to cheat for perfect pokemon, IMO. But I do agree with Frost. If I was truly serious about battling, then I wouldn't care because I'd be on Netbattle anyway and my games would mean nothing to me except E4 killing, contests and the Battle Frontier.

Sun May 21, 2006 7:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mon May 22, 2006 4:48 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think cheating is wrong and a bit lazy to those people who cant be bothered to either catch the pokemon themselves or work at the battle frontier to earn BP to buy items that are useful.

Tue May 23, 2006 10:31 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

You should see all of my friends when the discover someone has a action replay on them...it's like a cat fight for those damnable Rare Candies.

Thu May 25, 2006 8:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Here's what I think. Cheating being acceptacle depends on the mood of the player. For instance, there are days when I simply want to shred through my opponents like wet newspaper caught in a food processer, and not worry about having to train weaker PkMn. So I fire up my trusty Gold version, in which I've cheated something fierce and leveled everyone in my party up to level 100 before even facing Clair. (Rare Candies, long story..) But there are also times when I really want to show off my true skill and kick butt the fair way. Those are the times when I play my alltime fav., Crystal, where (partially due to my fear of messing up the game) I have prohibited myself and anyone who may be playing it from attempting any kind of cheat. Also, I won't face my buddies with any of my 100's from Gold, because that, my friends, is utter cheapness.

Thu May 25, 2006 8:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh fuc<b></b>k<b></b>ing please.

I proudly use an AR. Why? Because I play Netbattle. You know, that program that all serious Pokemon battlers actually use. The program that allows you to fully control your Pokemon's nature, EVs, DVs, HP type, and attacks. There's none of this in-game crap where you have to go, "ZOMG Let's run around the world looking for the 1-in-5902942 possibility of finding a Pokemon with a perfect Hidden Power, DVs, and nature LOL!1!" And then after that, you have to go through the PAINSTAKING process of EV training. All of this is perfect on an RSBot or Netbattle, because you can modify these things as needed. In the games, if you screw up on EVs, you have to start all over. I only have R/S, so EV negating berries in Emerald mean nothing to me. Without cheating, it would probably take 300+ hours to find ONE Pokemon that a serious battler would actually use. Never mind actually building it up, or breeding to get useful moves on it.

I don't shark on 999 stats on any of my Pokemon, nor do I make them invincible to damage, nor do I give them movesets like Spore, Lock-On, Sheer Cold, Mean Look. People who abuse like AR like that are strictly eight-year-old n00bs. It's not my damn fault that Nintendo made the in-game RPG aspect of Pokemon IMPOSSIBLE as far as actually getting what you want. I use the Action Replay for the following things: encountering level 0 Pokemon (to catch or battle for EVs), encountering six specific Pokemon that give out +3 EVs in each of the six particular stats (for EV training), encountering Pokemon with specific natures and perfect DVs (for catching.) Pretty much, I'm using the Action Replay to reach the LEGAL LIMITS imposed by Nintendo. I still raise my Pokemon normally from level 0, and I don't use AR to break the game.

Stop acting like everybody that uses a "cheating device" is some kind of villian.

P.S. Krispy, you can't cheat for Pokemon that have EVs filled out. D:

I completly agree with you. I use cheats for:

Finding the right pok

Sun May 28, 2006 12:55 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Anyone that spends god knows hours training EVs needs to get a life.

Its not actually that hard. Go kill wild Pokemon at the Sky Pillar/Victory Road/Cerulean Cave/Sevii Islands with Macho Brace+Pokerus if you can get it, jeez. An hour of killing Aroma Lady Rose's Roselia and Gloom=Suicune's level going from 91-94, and each level about 20 SA points. Plus you dont normally train on lv 2 Pokemon unless you're insane.
And if you're playing Emerald, why care about inbalanced EVs? You can go fix them later. And you get that warm fuzzy feeling inside when you max out your Modest Houndoom's SA.
NOTE: I am not anti-cheating, just making a point that you can still have a life if you dont use a cheating device.
-Gardevoir~

Sun May 28, 2006 3:59 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Magic Umbreon wrote:

Its not actually that hard. Go kill wild Pokemon at the Sky Pillar/Victory Road/Cerulean Cave/Sevii Islands with Macho Brace+Pokerus if you can get it, jeez. An hour of killing Aroma Lady Rose's Roselia and Gloom=Suicune's level going from 91-94, and each level about 20 SA points. Plus you dont normally train on lv 2 Pokemon unless you're insane.
And if you're playing Emerald, why care about inbalanced EVs? You can go fix them later. And you get that warm fuzzy feeling inside when you max out your Modest Houndoom's SA.
NOTE: I am not anti-cheating, just making a point that you can still have a life if you dont use a cheating device.
-Gardevoir~

Or, even better, use Vitamins to get as close to the final number as you need! In Emerald, they're only 1 BP each, so it's easy to get enough. From there on, it's only like, two EVs away from maxing the stat, so what's the problem? Also, you could get all the EVs for one Pokemon in one hour, and then the only problem is getting it up to level 100, which is no problem with the Elite Four! Or, even better, FireRed's VS Seeker! To summarise, EV training is easy and makes you feel happy.

Last edited by goldenquagsire on Tue May 30, 2006 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 28, 2006 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes, that seems fine. I was wondering where ou get these EV-reducing berries. I seem to have a few of the Defence-lowering ones but it's the atk and sp-atk reducing ones i need.

Mon May 29, 2006 1:31 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well I have used AR, a form of it anyway (the free cheat disks in issues of cube). There is nothing wrong with using AR, you either deeply despise it or simply adore it; however I myself believe that using AR for stupid pointless things that you could do anyway but are too lazy too, is a waste of your money. But, like someone has quoted, if you use it to obtain certain pokemon such as Deoxys (dammit I've been trying to find a non - cheating way of getting it), then it is acceptable.

A tip for those of you that are cheat - addicts:

You can obtain The legendary dogs, Jirachi, Ho-Oh and Lugia without having to go to a Nintendo event, or cheating.

Mon May 29, 2006 12:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Walking down the path of life. Perhaps we will meet again someday.
I don't cheat, mainly because I don't own any of the devices.

However, I do accept items from other people, such as the secret tickets, to get to exclusive islands.

I only "indirectly" cheat to explore all the aspects of the game. Other than that, I hand raise all my Pokemon.

Mon May 29, 2006 2:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Gardevoir~ wrote:
Magic Umbreon wrote:

-Gardevoir~

Or, even better, use Vitamins to get as close to the final number as you need! In Emerald, they're only 1 BP each, so it's easy to get enough. From there on, it's only like, two EVs away from maxing the stat, so what's the problem? Also, you could get all the EVs for one Pokemon in one hour, and then the only problem is getting it up to level 100, which is no problem with the Elite Four! Or, even better, FireRed's VS Seeker! To summarise, EV training is easy and makes you feel happy. Oh yeah, and daveshan reminded me about that. Freedom of speech has nothing to do with obscene language. When you quote the Right to Free Speech, don't forget to quote the Responsibility to Not Offend.

You can use 10 vitamins per stat. Vitamins raise a stat by 10 EVs each, so you can use vitamins to get 100/255 on all the stats you need then EV train the rest. That's 78 EVs if you have the macho brace equipped.
If you are leniant as to not getting perfect EVs, but spreading them over the defenses which is arguably as useful, you can very quickly level EVs up on a pok

Mon May 29, 2006 3:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I just play to have fun, and the game seems fun enough without any cheat devices. Anyway, the tournament officials, if I plan on going, will probably whine about it if I do cheat, which is another reason why i don't cheat.

255 is the true devil's number.

typhlosion blaze wrote:
Wait, the guy who made this topic plays runescape? So 3rd grade.

From my "Stupid Insults" thread, where people tell eachother how people insulted them in a hilariously stupid manner, how ironic!

Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, I do have to say that cheating is wrong. Now it is a free country, so if you have the urge that you got to cheat, then go ahead. However, most people I knew cheated, so I figured that was the only way I could battle them by cheating. I used to be a REAL big fan of cheating. I did it all the time. Now, I am just starting to not cheat anymore. In all games! For all systems! I am going to the Pokemon Tournament on July 1st at Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, NC. I am nowhere near ready to battle there, but I am going there to simply get the island tickets and buy some cool stuff. Thats it. If there is another tournament, then Ill go and battle. By the way, do you think they'll give me a Celebi AND a Jirachi at the tournament? Also, do you think they might be able to give me a Celebi for my Silver Version and a Mew for my Blue Version? Just a question.

-Ryan

Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:15 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I want to note that the only time I have cheated is the RBY Missingno glitch so as to get 99x TM's and Vitamins on Stadium 1. Beating some of the computers is quite annoying.

I agree with cheating for a few things:

1. Unobtainable Pokemon.

I'm sorry Nintendo, but I'm not blessed to live in Japan or New York, and therefore if I were to use a cheat device, I have no issues with sharking Mew or Celebi and such.

2. Multiple TM's. I'm sorry, one Water Pulse and Rock Tomb is BS, and I really don't feel like breeding Golem or Rhydon with everything just to get them EQ.

3. Getting Good DV's/Nature for regular pokemon (e.g. not legends or 00bers). (Stipulation: If you battle your friend, they can do the same)

Much as I'd love to spend hours trying to get pokemon with DV's higher than 20 a piece AND the nature I want, I'm really not a fan of the less than 1/100,000,000 chance of that happening. However, with 00bers I say take them as you get them, they are already ridiculously powerful and banned from most tournaments anyway.

4. Shinies

Yay, different color whatever.

What cheating should NOT be used for:

1. Winning in-game. Its unneccesary anyway.

2. Infinite Master Balls. that is just lame.

3. Sharking 999 stats and then battling friends. Sorry, not cool. If you're going to battle friends they should have the same advantages as you have. That way even though you both "cheated", neither of you is at a disadvantage.

4. EV Training. Come on people, finding pokemon to EV train isn't that hard, just do it like everyone else does, lazy bastards.

5. Impossible Movesets. Leave your cheating to stuff you could otherwise obtain legitimately only by wasting several hundred years of your time to do so. Much as EQ/RS/ES/Flamethrower Arcanine or Dragon Dance Medicham is everyone's dream... No. Just. No.

Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have used an ar to get 3 pokemon mew deoxys and lugia... my cousin has fire red, ruby, 2 sapphires, leaf green (he got them for free off people who gave up on the game so no money spent) i have collesium and lg i had 383 pokemon and living in ireland there are no download events so i cant get them otherwise so getting pokemon which you cant get any otherway is ok but rare candy cheats omfg you raise 30 unbeatable pokemon to level 100 and someone uses rare candies to make everything lv.100 they seem better but arent and theres no challenge left, where is the fun in that.(when we talk about cheating i hope we can exclude r/b/y and missinigo and g/s/c with the cloning and i have a gold version with the dex complely messed up damn) but i dont care what people do to cheat as long as its not rare candy cheats

Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I used an AR to try to get Deoxys, but insted I got a bad egg. It gave my Pokemon PokeRus, which is a good thing... Cheating is wrong if you do it to be the most uber trainer in the world. But if you want to make a new temprate file to do whatever the heck you want, go ahead.

Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Cheating is only alright when you are trying to get Nintendo Event only pokemon, like Celebi, Deoxys, and so on. Any other time is wrong if you can get it fairly, about any time, like Trading Evolved Pokemon. If you can't trade then find a way to trade. To cheat to obtain a shiny, now that is the worst of them all, Shiny Pokemon are the rarest and most wonderful pokemon in all the games created, and to cheat of all things. Any one who cheated in order to gain a shiny should be ashamed. (Now I don't mean to be... mean but I can't sugar coat it, it is true)

Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next