Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 UK Nationals? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Anyone going?

Sat May 27, 2006 7:42 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

They still have those? I didn't know that there was enough demand in the UK. Shame that they don't give so much attention to the video games... Anyway, no, I'm not going because I lost my cards and interest in them years ago. Maybe I should take them up again...

Tue May 30, 2006 12:47 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

OK, I was in your position too. If you ever want to play again, DO NOT buy a theme deck. They're loaded with rubbish cards and I'm sure you can find a rulebook somewhere/ask questions on psypoke abut how to play. There are quite a few decks you could try that are cheap to build. Only the newest cards (Hidden Legends on) can be used and you need an invite. Reading the articles at pojo.com can help. I did everything above, nothing more, nothing less and won my Regionals.

The prizes were: A promotional card I saw sell on ebay for

Tue May 30, 2006 2:24 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

If I tried convincing my parents to let me play it again (I'm supsicious that they got rid of my cards!), then I'd probably fail miserably! Anyway, as what will probably be my only other post ever in this section, I'd like to wish luck on all who enter the competition, and to curse my parents for killing off my interest in the cards.
P.S. The prizes sound wicked!
P.P.S. I'll be rooting for you Magic Umbreon! :roll:

Tue May 30, 2006 7:57 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

NEWSFLASH!

Celebi and other pok

Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

and 36 booster packs of the newest set ex legend maker.

Holy beep. Those things cost about $4 here for each pack... whoa. (Now I want to fly to the UK and participate. Meh...)

Oh, and EX Legend Maker... I don't think it's the newest. I thought EX Holon Phantoms was the newest...

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:40 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Thanks!

NEWSFLASH!

Celebi and other pok

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:30 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Legend maker was the newest at the time. I think you need an invite, unfortunately. It starts at 9, but the safari park it is at opens at 10. The card players are invited early and get in free. I went to a deoxys event, and the way they give you the ticket is sorta the same as sharking. I know celebi is cool and all, but it's just another pok

Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:45 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I went all the way to Croydon for Deoxys! Oh, and if you'd met me at an event, wouldn't I just be getting a Celebi or something???

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:57 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dunno, but there was one I went to - Konga Beach where there were new games to try and a bungee run. The next might be to get Mew, so whatever.

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I went and had a great time. I got knocked out early! I made it to the top 8 (out of 65 in my age group) and won my game then lost my second game. I won a booster box (36 boosters of holon phantoms) for this. YEY! So that makes me 5th to 8th (not sure where exactly). I used lunatone, a very cheap deck to build. I may be selling my deck on ebay, so keep your eyes peeled.

THERE WASN'T CELEBI! 10 pokemon to download at level 70:

{charizard} {pikachu} {latias} {latios} {articuno} {entei} {raikou} {suicune} {ho-oh} and {lugia} .

So quaggy, you didn't miss anything :)

Last edited by Magic Umbreon on Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:34 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I went and had a great time. I got knocked out early! I made it to the top 16 (out of 65 in my age group) and won my game then lost my second game. I won a booster box (36 boosters of holon phantoms) for this. YEY! So that makes me 5th to 8th (not sure where exactly). I used lunatone, a very cheap deck to build. I may be selling my deck on ebay, so keep your eyes peeled.

THERE WASN'T CELEBI! 10 pokemon to download at level 70:

{charizard} {pikachu} {latias} {latios} {articuno} {entei} {raikou} {suicune} {ho-oh} and {lugia} .

So quaggy, you didn't miss anything :)

{latias} {latios} {entei} {raikou} {suicune} {ho-oh} and {lugia}. I don't have any of them. Anyway, congrats on getting that far, Magic Umbreon.

Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

There was a long queue to get them but I got auto-bye first round that means I win without having to play, so I could skip the queue. :D

Legendary dogs + Ho-oh from colosseum, lati@s buy an eon ticket off ebay or find them in the wild. Lugia on xd or nintendo event. Good luck completing your pok

Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

99.7% of all computers in the world can't copy/paste. I you are part of the other 0.3%, put this in your signature.
</center>

Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]