It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:48 pm



Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 !!!COMPLETE!!! Guide to Duplicating (Cloning) 

Do you ever Duplicate (Clone)?
Yes 31%  31%  [ 8 ]
No 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Sometimes 27%  27%  [ 7 ]
All the time 23%  23%  [ 6 ]
Never 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 26

 !!!COMPLETE!!! Guide to Duplicating (Cloning) 
Author Message
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:59 am
Posts: 76
Location: HoboLand. The land of trashcans and bums.
Here is my !!!COMPLETE!!! guide to duplicating.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit about me:
I have played my Silver version for over 375 hours and have a Pokedex of 244. I have defeated the Elite Four 54 times and can beat Red aka Ash easily. Duplicating has been a huge part of this. My first time of beating the Elite Four I duplicated my level 45 Megainium until I had 6 of them and got better from there. At the moment I have 5 level 100s, 2 of which I have trained myself, 1 (my level 100 Lugia) has its maximum possible special defence stat.


---Duplicating---


---Duplicating (also known as Cloning) is the process of copying a Pokemon data throught the way the saving process is made up.

---Theory - When you change the box, it saves the data of the pokemon in the box before it saves the pokemon dissapearing from your party, when you turn off the power of the Gameboy it saves the data of the pokemon in the box, and doesent save the data of the pokemon dissapearing from the party.

NOTES FOR BEFORE YOU DUPLICATE

Duplicating on Pokemon Crystal is very risky. I suggest you DO NOT TRY IT. It has a 1 in a 1000 chance of working and has been known to have bad side effects like changing your characters gender, corrupting the save file, and generally wreaking havoc on the system.

===========================================================

- Follow this Guide as a procedure. -

===========================================================

---Step 1) - Get the pokemon you wish to duplicate out into your Party. Make sure they are holding items you may also wish to duplicate.

MAKE SURE YOU SAVE RIGHT NOW.

---Step 2) - DEPOSIT the pokemon(s) into ANY box. Up to 5 pokemon can be deposited at a time, seeing as you must have at least 1 pokemon with you at any time.

--To Duplicate items, follow the same procedure. The item must be held by a pokemon you are depositing, and it will also be duplicated with the pokemon.

---Step 3) - CHANGE BOX to ANY OTHER box. There is a MYTH that the box you are changing to has to be empty. THAT IS NOT TRUE. I have tested on other games to dispell the MYTH. When it is saving and says SAVING DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER... It is time to turn off the Gameboy.

--I have also heard a MYTH where you must turn off the Gameboy when the writing reaches the R at the end of POWER. THAT IS ALSO A MYTH. I have tested on other games also.

-At any time before it reaches the ... at the end of the SAVING DO NOT TURN OFF THE POWER... phase you may turn off the power.

---Step 4 - Turn the Gameboy back on and get into the game.

===========================================================

- If you wish to WITHDRAW the duplicated pokemon(s) to use them or take their items away then follow the next step.

===========================================================

---Step 5) - If you duplicated 3 pokemon have 3 empty spaces in your party.

--Access the PC and select WITHDRAW POKEMON. The duplicated pokemon(s) will be in the original box. Withdraw them and do what you wish.

===========================================================

Well done, you have duplicated!

===========================================================

By Sledgehammerhyena

If you have any questions or have problems, you may post here to report them. There shouldn't be any bugs unless you are using Crystal.

_________________
Image

[06:38] <Serpentsounds> I'm FAT Albert
[06:38] <Guest065> hi fat albert
[06:38] <Serpentsounds> actually I'm Serpentsounds


Last edited by Sledgehammerhyena on Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:34 am, edited 3 times in total.



Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:56 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
Post 
Thank you for making a guide on something we alreeady have stickied.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:01 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:01 pm
Posts: 110
Location: Behind you
PKMN RULES!!! wrote:
A bit about me:
I have played my Silver version for over 375 hours and have a Pokedex of 244. I have defeated the Elite Four 54 times and can beat Red aka Ash easily. Duplicating has been a huge part of this. My first time of beating the Elite Four I duplicated my level 45 Megainium until I had 6 of them and got better from there. At the moment I have 5 level 100s, 2 of which I have trained myself, 1 (my level 100 Lugia) has its maximum possible special defence stat.


Man, and I thought I was good at 15 E4 defeations (?). Anyway, I had 244 pokemon in 355 hours, with lvl 100 mewtwo and lvl 90 typhlosion :twisted: However, I have not abused it like you have :x , I trained mewtwo from lvl 86 (the level I got it at) and typhlosion from the very beginning.

I start again, and I end up getting 4 pokemon I didn't have in the last one. Stupid me. (mew, kabutops, kabuto, and Kingdra)

Anyway, yeah I love duplicating. I always carry an extra master ball in case I encounter a shiny. And I've also duplicated rare candies, which made getting 244 pokemon hella easier then it would of been. And yes, I've had some close encounters of the corrupted kind (shutting off the game too early).

-=LV=-

_________________
<center>Image<center>
Image
Umbreon the level 75 Umbreon!


Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:43 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:59 am
Posts: 76
Location: HoboLand. The land of trashcans and bums.
Post 
Krisp I DONT appreciate your sarcasm. :x
The whole point of this guide is that it is COMPLETE!
Not like the other one with a little bit at the start and other people adding things in. This is an ALL IN ONE deal. This is all you will need for duplicating in ONE post, so you dont have to surf through multiple pages to find all the required info.

LethalVirus, the good thing is unless your actual game cartridge is stuffed, there should NEVER be a corruption. Thats the best bit :D

_________________
Image

[06:38] <Serpentsounds> I'm FAT Albert
[06:38] <Guest065> hi fat albert
[06:38] <Serpentsounds> actually I'm Serpentsounds


Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:30 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
Post 
PkMn Rules wrote:
the good thing is unless your actual game cartridge is stuffed, there should NEVER be a corruption.


Actually, when you save your game, its saved to a battery, and shutting it off when its over-writing your old file can cause serious corruption, which is why I no longer play RBY/GSC on my gameboy.

As for the sarcasm, I'm sorry for that, but we do have a nice guide to it already with some discussion. I don't think there is much reason to explain it in more than a couple of sentences, because there isn't really much to say about it. The only difference is, your guide has information on these "myths" that are already pretty well known.

PkMn Rules wrote:
Duplicating on Pokemon Crystal is very risky. I suggest you DO NOT TRY IT. It has a 1 in a 1000 chance of working and has been known to have bad side effects like changing your characters gender, corrupting the save file, and generally wreaking havoc on the system.


There is no "chance", because that glitch in G/S was fixed when they made Crystal. I wouldn't doubt it could corrupt your file, because like I said, there is a reason they tell you not to turn off the power. I have however, heard of the gender thing but I've never gotten it to work.

_________________
Image


Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:59 am
Posts: 76
Location: HoboLand. The land of trashcans and bums.
Post 
Krisp wrote:

There is no "chance", because that glitch in G/S was fixed when they made Crystal. I wouldn't doubt it could corrupt your file, because like I said, there is a reason they tell you not to turn off the power. I have however, heard of the gender thing but I've never gotten it to work.


Im sorry. You are wrong. I have watched a friend duplicate on his crystal. It Almost Never works. But it has.

_________________
Image

[06:38] <Serpentsounds> I'm FAT Albert
[06:38] <Guest065> hi fat albert
[06:38] <Serpentsounds> actually I'm Serpentsounds


Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:04 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:27 pm
Posts: 73
Location: Faraway Island
Post 
It plainy doesnt work on Crystal. Period. End of Story. I tried a million times but ended up ruining my Crystal. Perhaps your friend had GOLD version not Cystal. Or maybe SILVER. Nintendo fixed it. I have a friend who's dad works at Nintendo.
~BM

_________________
I just wanted everyone to know. I got my first job and I won't be here anymore. I may visit every once in a while, but meanwhile....Goodbye.


Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:07 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:01 pm
Posts: 110
Location: Behind you
Post 
Your pissing me off....

It DOES work on crystal, I do it at least twice a week, and have been doing it for around a year. It has not done anything you said, and it works everytime. Your just stupid and doing it wrong :evil:

-=LV=-

_________________
<center>Image<center>
Image
Umbreon the level 75 Umbreon!


Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:00 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:27 pm
Posts: 73
Location: Faraway Island
Post 
Hey no rage in this site cool it. Its maybe it only works on some and not some. But it doesnt work on mine. And you dont have to blow steam like that because I disagree.Any way like on R/B glitches In Yellow they fix some.

BM

_________________
I just wanted everyone to know. I got my first job and I won't be here anymore. I may visit every once in a while, but meanwhile....Goodbye.


Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:09 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:59 am
Posts: 76
Location: HoboLand. The land of trashcans and bums.
Post 
Blue Mew wrote:
It plainy doesnt work on Crystal. Period. End of Story. I tried a million times but ended up ruining my Crystal. Perhaps your friend had GOLD version not Cystal. Or maybe SILVER. Nintendo fixed it. I have a friend who's dad works at Nintendo.
~BM


Lethal is right. There is a way to duplicate on crystal. It has been done and is still being done.

Lethal, could you write a guide on how YOU do the duplicating and post it here. I would like to know how you do it. It might help others.

_________________
Image

[06:38] <Serpentsounds> I'm FAT Albert
[06:38] <Guest065> hi fat albert
[06:38] <Serpentsounds> actually I'm Serpentsounds


Last edited by Sledgehammerhyena on Fri May 12, 2006 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:01 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:01 pm
Posts: 110
Location: Behind you
Post 
The way I learned it (and the way I still do it) is:

1: Prepare for the duplication (make a poke hold an item etc.)
2: Save the game using the PC (I use the 'move pkmn w/o mail' option)
3: Cancel out of the pkmn move and then deposit the pokemon you want into a box (make sure it's not full :roll: )
4: Go to change box and then change to a box either than the one your already on. When it says 'SAVING DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER.' You must turn it off after the period. Don't do it to early, don't do it to late. I usually say 'one' out loud once I see the period, then turn it off. Once you turn the game back on, you should have the pokemon you deposited in the PC in your party, and in the PC.

If you turn the game off to early (I used to turn it off as soon as I saw the period, sometimes before it even showed up, and it often didn't work, once causing the game to corrupt.) It'll either A) Not work or B) Make all the pokemon in the box ?????????. Trust me, this isn't fun, but it is fixable. If you turn it off too late, don't worry, it'll just save normally and you'll just have to do the process again.

Does it work in Gold and Silver? I dunno, I've only done it in Crystal. Just make sure you turn it off at the right moment, about a second after the period. Hope this helps, because this is how I do it, and it works with me. I'm not stupid enough to duplicate prized pokemon *cough* mew *cough* just incase I get nervous and do something I shouldn't. But I do duplicate master balls and rare candies.

PS. If it corrupts, and everything in your box turns to ? just go to 'move pkmn w/o mail' and try and move the pokemon to your party. It might shut the game off, and/or do some other scary things, but in my experiance, nothing deadly for the game. Then, once it's in your party, just go to depost, and release it.

-=LV=-

_________________
<center>Image<center>
Image
Umbreon the level 75 Umbreon!


Wed May 03, 2006 4:53 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:27 pm
Posts: 73
Location: Faraway Island
Post 
Hmm.... I see your persistent... :roll: I just tried it but my game was erased.... :evil: Ah well *Picks Totodile as starter* Here we go again. Alright then i guess mine was the latest cause i bought it off ebay :P
~BM~

_________________
I just wanted everyone to know. I got my first job and I won't be here anymore. I may visit every once in a while, but meanwhile....Goodbye.


Thu May 04, 2006 4:49 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
Post 
It didn't work 3 years ago, and it doesn't work now. :roll:

I don't know; it might be a select few that have the glitch. I seriously doubt that it is the reason, but you never know.

_________________
Image


Thu May 04, 2006 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:01 pm
Posts: 110
Location: Behind you
Post 
I dunno, it works for me, dunno why it doesn't work for you. I'd show you, but you live to far away...

-=LV=-

_________________
<center>Image<center>
Image
Umbreon the level 75 Umbreon!


Thu May 04, 2006 5:14 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:59 am
Posts: 76
Location: HoboLand. The land of trashcans and bums.
Post 
I reckon it is allabout when you turn off the power. There must be a certain spot, it may be unique to each Crystal, that when you turn off the power THEN it works.

It may take lots of experimenting. It may take so much experimenting that the file corrupts.

Maybe we will never know...

_________________
Image

[06:38] <Serpentsounds> I'm FAT Albert
[06:38] <Guest065> hi fat albert
[06:38] <Serpentsounds> actually I'm Serpentsounds


Fri May 05, 2006 5:31 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:10 pm
Posts: 208
Location: In the land of hysterical goths... Toronto, Ontario.
Post 
There is a way to duplicate on Crystal. I have done it, my friend has done it and only once has anything messed up, and it was the ???????? thing that LethalVirus talked about. Here's the procedure:

1) Prepare for duplication: Choose which 2 pokemon you want to duplicate and give them their items.

2) Deposit them into any empty box.

3) Switch to box 6. When it says "Saving, Don't", turn the game off.

4) When the game turns back on, there should be the two pokemon and items in your party as well as in the box.

WARNING: Do not attempt this, I can't fully remember this cheat. I found out about it about 5 years ago and I stopped using it when RS came out. So, unless you are testing it or trying to figure it out, DO NOT ATTEMPT IT.

_________________
Image


Sat May 06, 2006 8:31 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:59 am
Posts: 76
Location: HoboLand. The land of trashcans and bums.
Post 
Ah well i was (contraversially) hoping this would get stickied.

The reason i made this thread is beacuse the other sticky one is pretty crap ('scuse language) first up. There are added directions all through.

Looks like its not to be.

Note: Let me make it clear, this guide is for helping all Psypokians, NOT ME. :x How dare you think that!

_________________
Image

[06:38] <Serpentsounds> I'm FAT Albert
[06:38] <Guest065> hi fat albert
[06:38] <Serpentsounds> actually I'm Serpentsounds


Tue May 16, 2006 3:18 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:25 am
Posts: 134
Location: Hall of Origin
Post 
My brother has Crystal and he has cloned his Suicune. He gets kinda mad because Crystal cloning is harder than silver or gold, but on occasion he gets the timing right and he successfully clones. So cloning is a fact in Pokemon Crystal.

_________________
Diamond 2191 7706 6159 < to trade shinies
Pearl 3265 7613 9860 < to battle


Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:00 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.