It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I'm going to kill my memory card. 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My PS2 memory card just formatted itself, deleting ALL of my saved games. I'm ready to do something terrible to it, and I want to know what happened.

I've had the memory card for a while, and a decent amount of it's space was used up. Maybe that has something to do with it...

Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:18 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:25 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It says MagicGate on the front...bah, I'll just scan it in.

Here it is.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:53 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Wow, that sucks. I know exactly how you feel. Last summer, I discovered that my entire FFVIII memory card was "unformatted", when it USED to have 15 save files, and over 200 hours spent. I was so angry, I threw the memory card away. (This was a PS1 memory card, I've never had a PS2 memory card corrupt on me...)

From then on, I dedicated a memory card to "back up" my save files. Every once in a while, I'll copy files to that memory card, so incase my other memory cards corrupt, I'll still have the data in another memory card. ;)

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:42 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

A couple years ago, my GameCube memory card formatted itself. I hundreds of hours worth of crap. I made a thread a couple years ago which I just found also, which I listed all of the stuff I lost.

* Super Smash Bros. Melee complete, even with ALL the trophies (about 300 hours)
* Super Mario Sunshine with almost all of the shines
* Mario Kart: Double Dash with 100%
* Sonic Mega Collection with everything beaten
* Zelda 1 almost beaten
* Zelda 2 beaten
* Zelda: Ocarina of Time almost beaten
* Zelda: Majora's Mask beaten
* Zelda: Master Quest almost beaten
* My other Animal Crossing save that had all of the games in it
* Sonic Heroes with all of the emeralds
* Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles almost beaten
* Zelda: Wind Waker beaten twice

I heard there is a way to fix it though. If you turn off the game and turn it back on, they say sometimes it will work again.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've had this happen on my X-box even though it doesn't use a memory card, so set the scene, a Saturday, I load up my X-box to play some Splinter Cell and when I load up the game a message comes up saying "No save file detected" so I turned it off, loaded it up and looked at my save files.... they were ALL gone, here are the exact games I lost:

Halo.
Halo 2.
Rainbow Six 3.
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow.
Crash Twinsanity.
Star Wars KOTOR 2: Sith Lords.
Jade Empire.
Fable.
Ninja Gaiden.
Oddworld: Munch's Oddesey.
007: Everything or Nothing and 007: Agent under Fire.

And ALL of them were at least half completed, I was REALLY ****** off, so I had to play them all over again, there was about 200 hours of gameplay on those save files.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Omg, if you think u want to kill ur memory card.....theres a guy on the internet who got so fed up with xbox live, that he threw his xbox off of his balcony 20 feet below ground and then after that he uhhhh marked it(if u know what i mean), it was on video...and was suppose to be a message to Bill Gates. After that, all I could do is laugh.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Bah, I've just decided to start all new games on my memory card...Only things I'll actually miss are my Psychonauts save (Almost, ALMOST completed) and my Jade Cocoon 2 save (Beat Levant and got the Water Dragon. So cute)...

But I swear, if it does this again it's being taken apart and put through a papershredder. (We went to the mall yesterday and I totally forgot about getting a new memory card >_<)

Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

(We went to the mall yesterday and I totally forgot about getting a new memory card >_<)

That's funny ^, I had the same experience but luckinly my little bro reminded me, it's funny to have ur own mind puppet. But yea, to me Xbox is cool 'cause it has a built in memory card, but it required a dvd kit to actually play dvd's in there..... I have my old Ps2 but i despise it 'cause everytime a put in a disc, it would start making noises and then gets back an error that it can't read the disc.. Im thinking of takeing apart the Ps2 and see the technology they put into it.(Maybe i'll use my sauldering tools and do something, idk :lol: )

Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:20 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gah memory cards can suck. It was just like what Skull Kid said about the Gamecube.

My Gamecube memory card decided to go plop on me.

Lost:
Just about all the Zelda Games I had on there.
Many many hours of SSBM. *sniff*
Racing games, random fighting games.
Simpsons Road Rage, all characters unlocked and cars.

So annoying. *Kicks Gamecube*

Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:43 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have my old Ps2 but i despise it 'cause everytime a put in a disc, it would start making noises and then gets back an error that it can't read the disc.. Im thinking of takeing apart the Ps2 and see the technology they put into it.(Maybe i'll use my sauldering tools and do something, idk :lol: )

My older PS2 died on me (It wouldn't read most of my games), and my mom and dad let me get a new one...this one's better ^_^ And yah, my memory card's from a few years ago...maybe it's just old...

And if any of my three Gamecube memory cards 'goes plop' on me, then I'll...well, I don't know what I'll do. Probably bury the memory card/set it on fire. I'm evil.

Xbox, I wanted one of those back then, but when Halo came out...well, let's just say I wanted to kick an Xbox. That's all the people at school ever talk about. Halo this, halo that, halo2 this...I want to strangle them >_<

Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hey don't hate on Halo, that is one of the greatest shooters of all time, :lol: . I play Xbox because of that game, well Halo 2 anyways. You got to try it some day, it's pretty fun.

Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:49 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It may be, but...grr, it's annoying the crap out of me at school the way they talk about it all of the time. It's like nobody talks about anything but if they play video games...apart from a few, like me, who play Pokemon or something else by Nintendo (I also play Fire Emblem, though...nobody else does)

I'm just thankful GBA's don't take memory cards. If they did and it went dead on my Emerald...

Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:56 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yeah, my memory card has thankfully not deleted itself (if it had, I'd probably hire a sumo wrestler to sit on it) , but my TLOZ:WW file deleted itself. No warning. One day, "Uh, where did my good file go?" *checks* "NoOoOo!" I almost killed it. Yes, if GBAs had Memory Cards ad it disappeared on my LG/Ruby, .....well, let's just say I'd snap the game itself in half.

-Gardevoir~

Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I get the feeling this happens alot then. This happened to my Gamecube, I lost ALL of my saves on every game. I brought a memory card that had 256bytes or something so everything would fit because i was annoyed with having to keep chaging memory cards. I lost:

SSBM (Many many many hours spent on this)
Super Mario Sunshine (i was just about 5 shiny things away :( )
Pokemon Colloseum (Completed with all Shadow Pokes)
Mario Kart Double Dash (Completed)
Luigi's Mansion ((I got bored so i brought it on Ebay) Completed)
Fifa 03, 04, 05 (All had a whole carear finished (15 seasons))
Rocky (Completed)
Scooby Doo: Night of 100 frights ((It came free with the gamecube i swear) Completed)

And the list goes on, And you people have never had your pokemon games corrupt on you? Lucky people i have

Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

And the list goes on, And you people have never had your pokemon games corrupt on you? Lucky people i have

My Gold version deleted itself a few months ago. Haven't had the heart to try and play it again since, I'm that mad at it (I'd gotten 28 Pokemon away from completing the Pokedex, and I only needed to see Tyranitar and Celebi to have seen every one of them, and my hand-trained Lugia was lvl 94...)

Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Man that must of really suck. Seriously if u worked that hard, luckily since I have great luck with me, I never had a memory card erased, muahahahaha.

Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

That happened with me once but I got a hammer and smashed it so I felt better. :twisted:

Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:00 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Super Mario Sunshine (i was just about 5 shiny things away :( )

I know how that feels. I have mine completed, yet the memory card is in South Carolina, with my grandparents.....and thats NOT good....

-Gardevoir~

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Once I stopped playing it, one year later the entire memory was deleted.
The same thing on my super nintendo

Idk why it happened
It just did

Birdknight

Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gardevoir1313 wrote:
My PS2 memory card just formatted itself, deleting ALL of my saved games. I'm ready to do something terrible to it, and I want to know what happened.

I've had the memory card for a while, and a decent amount of it's space was used up. Maybe that has something to do with it...

Well I think I might know what happend(even though it is to late since all the files are gone).It might have been a Magnet when a magnet is close or on a memory card the whole memory card can be cleaned out.That is one thing that happend to my Magic Gate memory card for PS2. Soon after that I bought another one but it also got deleted.You said you had the meory card for along time,memory cards can over heat just like a consle can.For example sometimes when you turn off the PS2 and you are taking the game out and the memory card is warm. That is almost the same thing as a PS2 overheating,you might not noticed but if you pay attention everytime that happens and you check your space, it is slowly taking away MB 2 at a time.(Man I would be mad if that happend to me agian).

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

To avoid turning your memory card into roadkill, follow these tips:

Get and Action Replay MAX anda USB Memory Stick.

Back up saves onto memory stick, then onto computer.

Now copy all saves onto another memory card.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:18 am
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well My memory card now had a damaged Memory thingie. Yay....lost everything I worked 194973 hours on ...(Pure Sarcasim)
And all my Gamecube files had been erased. How you ask? My brothers were playing Shadow Battle in Four Swords. Then one got mad and kicked the gamecube. (What he usually does.) So now everything is gone. I gave up on Gamecube....
~BM

Last edited by Blue Mew on Wed May 10, 2006 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:48 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

one time part of my memory card got corrupted
i only lost Spyro a Hreo's Tail
i was on the last level too :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sun May 07, 2006 10:36 am
Permanently Banned
Permanently Banned

i don't know whether to be scared or just plain impressed with that sig BeagleBoy..... but im probably a little bit of both.... >_>

Sun May 07, 2006 10:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next