It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Yu-Gi-Oh 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I finished a series of duels with Waker of Chaos.
The results are as follows.
Eswin's UFOroid Fighter Deck
WoC's fiends
0-2
Ben's Ectoplasmer burn
WoC's Princess/Hamon deck
2-0

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:00 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:18 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1 - Can Divine Wrath counter and destroy Jinzo when it is summoned or is it still neutralized?

2 - What cards "specifically designate a target" and what cards don't?

3 - Say I activate a Creature Swap, and switch my face up Royal Magical Library for my opponent's Black Luster Soldier, and then attack him for 3000 points of damage. Does Black Luster Soldier return to my opponent when the swapped creature is destroyed, is this a one-turn deal only like Change of Heart or do I get to keep the swapped monster until it is destroyed and use it as my own? I mean, the latter is what I think happens, but it sounds too good... All in all, is the switch permanent regardless of what happens to the switched monsters or do they go back to their original owner at any time?

4 - Isn't Royal Decree exactly the same as Jinzo?

Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Divine Wrath cannot be activated at all when Jinzo is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned, or Special Summoned. Jinzo's effect is a continuous one, and therefore has no "on switch." That is to say, it doesn't activate. It comes into effect. You can negate the summon with Solemn Judgment or Horn of Heaven, though.

Cards that designate a target usually read "select 1 monster" or something like that. For example, the effect of Exiled Force targets a monster. So does Tribute to the Doomed. Cards that don't target, like Dark Hole, Bottomless Trap Hole, and Widespread Ruin, don't say this.

Creature Swap is a permanate control switch. Just be careful, because your opponent chooses the monster they give control of to you. In my opinion, you're probably better off with Mystic Box.

Royal Decree and Jinzo aren't identical. Here's why.

Jinzo
DARK Machine/Effect
LV6 ATK/2400 DEF/1500

As long as this card is face-up on the field, the effects of face-up Trap Cards on the field are negated, and no Trap Cards may be activated.

Royal Decree
Continuous Trap
As long as this card is face-up on the field, negate the effects of all Trap Cards on the field except this card.

Jinzo's a monster. Royal Decree's a trap. There's plenty of difference right there. Also, Jinzo stops traps from being activated at all. Royal Decree doesn't; it only negates their effects.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:12 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thanks, I had been waiting for those answers for ages! :wink:

Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:52 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:56 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So Lord of Dragons cannot protect dragons against cards like Fissure, Smashing Ground, Hammer Shot, Man-Eater Bug, etc, right? Since they don't say "select 1 monster", meaning, they don't specifically designate a target... is that it?

In that case, the number of cards that specifically designate a target are much fewer than I thought...

Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That's correct. In fact, you might want to look here for the rulings on all cards. It's under Gameplay F. A. Q., of course.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:21 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That's correct. In fact, you might want to look here for the rulings on all cards. It's under Gameplay F. A. Q., of course.

or you can look on Netrep.net(or watever it is, although the site is dodgy.)
EDIT: I have deleted the rest of this message because I want to be a clean member, not a bad member. so I'd appreciate forgiveness :) .

Last edited by Cal on Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:14 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Cal, back the hell off. Pojo isn't a n00b site at all; you're just a hater because you aren't good enough at all to even Normal Summon a Hinotama Soul.

And as NetRep isn't the official site for rulings, it should not be trusted, no matter what you say.

You just proved that you're crap with that one post. Luckily for you, I'm not a mod, or I'd ban your ass right out of here for good!

Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:44 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Cal, back the hell off. Pojo isn't a n00b site at all; you're just a hater because you aren't good enough at all to even Normal Summon a Hinotama Soul.

And as NetRep isn't the official site for rulings, it should not be trusted, no matter what you say.

You just proved that you're crap with that one post. Luckily for you, I'm not a mod, or I'd ban your ass right out of here for good!

Okay I'm not a mod but I'm a GM on my site so I know, stop using so much cursing.Second looks like things are heating up around here without me starting a argument with WOC. :wink: Last but not least Cal,you shouldn't go around calling people noobs when first of all when you barley have 200 posts( I wonder how someone got that many posts so fast).Also if you are going to talk thrash about someone why not back it up and duel someone here since I know all of use who have been posting here are very high at rank when it comes to YGO.Last but not least WOC all that cursing is going to lead you somewhere you don't want to be.

Last edited by Latios on Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Waker of Chaos wrote:

Okay I'm not a mod but I'm a GD on my site so I know, stop using so much cursing.Second looks like things are heating up around here without me starting a argument with WOC. :wink: Last but not least Cal,you shouldn't go around calling people noobs when first of all when you barley have 200 posts( I wonder how someone got that many posts so fast).Also if you are going to talk thrash about someone why not back it up and duel someone here since I know all of use who have been posting here are very high at rank when it comes to YGO.Last but not least WOC all that cursing is going to lead you somewhere you don't want to be.

sorry, guys.
I've just had bad expieriences with pojo, and when I hear/see the name I get all mad and crazy for some reason (yes, I know I'm very psychotic)
I would duel but I don't have YVD, and the best deck I have is a spellcaster one (I don't have DDA, so making a CC would be pretty much impossible)
meh, oh well... What can the subject be now?
(sorry if I was a jerk back there...)

EDIT: I got this amount of posts for being very active and being online almost all day everyday o_O (and perhaps a few posts were spam and I didn't realise it :shock: )

Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Latios wrote:
Waker of Chaos wrote:

Okay I'm not a mod but I'm a GD on my site so I know, stop using so much cursing.Second looks like things are heating up around here without me starting a argument with WOC. :wink: Last but not least Cal,you shouldn't go around calling people noobs when first of all when you barley have 200 posts( I wonder how someone got that many posts so fast).Also if you are going to talk thrash about someone why not back it up and duel someone here since I know all of use who have been posting here are very high at rank when it comes to YGO.Last but not least WOC all that cursing is going to lead you somewhere you don't want to be.

sorry, guys.
I've just had bad expieriences with pojo, and when I hear/see the name I get all mad and crazy for some reason (yes, I know I'm very psychotic)
I would duel but I don't have YVD, and the best deck I have is a spellcaster one (I don't have DDA, so making a CC would be pretty much impossible)
meh, oh well... What can the subject be now?
(sorry if I was a jerk back there...)

EDIT: I got this amount of posts for being very active and being online almost all day everyday o_O (and perhaps a few posts were spam and I didn't realise it :shock: )

Well like I tell people all the time you need to learn to control your anger and not take it out on others.If you want YVD the here it is.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:36 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

On-topic.

I'll download it once I'm back into playing, I've stopped playing for a while coz I was playing too much this month and it got a bit... Boring...

Meh, I'll post here once I've downloaded it, perhaps around 7th of May at the least.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well if you download it now and duel sombody on there(since there is always alot of people on)then maybe you could get your intrest back into the game before May,7th

Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

probably not the best strategy, since there are cards out there that can block rebirths, but it is also a very good way to keep very powerful monsters on the field and waste your opponents resources.
overall, a good deck.
just for comparison, my sister's deck has 2 egyptian gods and two dark masters, who both have infinite attack and defense.

Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:50 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I have a water deck, that is built around ALO. It has two Levia Dragon Daedalus. I'm not a great deck builder, though. At the tournament at my local mall, I see a lot of cookie cutter decks (Zaborg is widely used). The best I ever did was, 2-4.

I will be working on a deck around my 3 needle worms, soon.

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:02 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i dont like yugioh but i got a deck from i while ago. all i know is i have 3 blue eyes, 1 blue eyes ultimate, black luster soldier, and dark magician. those are like my best cards

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yu-gi-oh had the worst end to any series ever.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:34 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Oh! Zeo turned out to be a robot! How original!"

What happened, did the kid get turned into a card with Infinite attack/Infinite Defence? :P

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:40 am
blah blah blah

My best deck is either my destiny hero deck or my sacred beast deck. I do kind of good but not that great. And the ending was super terrible.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:44 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I used to be way into yu-gi-oh but I stoped playing the card game when I realized that those pieces of paper are extremely overpriced. Then I stoped watching the anime when I realized that yugi would never lose and it was basically a rehashing of the same old plot over and over and over again.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

great decks are the ones that are just structure decks with about 2-5 added cards and the awsome in the sense of looks are those based on the Anime characters

Sun May 20, 2007 8:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i used to like yu-gi-oh a lot but now i like it a little.......

Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:25 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next