It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 ~*Legendaries in Batte...cheating?*~ 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Suicune, Raikou, and Entei are legendaries.

Wobbs, Lati@s, Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, and all forms of Deoxys are uber.

If you notice with the legendaries, 5 are weak to Rock, 3 to fighting, 4 to Ground, and 3 to Steel. So Metagross has a field day with these pokemon.

HP Bug Dugtrio LOVES Celebi and Jirachi hates taking EQ to the face. So, what is the fuss when all of the legends have a VERY common array of weakness.

And no, a team of Zapdos, Moltres, Suicune, Regice, Regirock, and Celebi is not a cheap team.

now, of all those Legends, Zapdos, Raikou, Suicune, Moltres(somewhat), Regice, Celebi, Jirachi, and Regirock are the only ones you'll see in OU play. If you can't handle those pokemon with your team then either play UU or fix your team. It is VERY much impossible to cheat in NB and the only way to truely "cheat" in link-battles is to shark insane stats.

The people who think Legends are "too strong" need to wise up on their strat. Don't ban something because YOU(as in the individual) can't handle it.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Again, you guys are confusing terms:

Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Suicune, Raikou, and Entei are legendaries.

Wobbs, Lati@s, Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia, and all forms of Deoxys are uber.

I like your explanation for ubers and legendaries, but I consider all to be legendaries, some legendaries stronger than others. Especially the legendaries that comes in trio's, they really have lower stats compared to other legendaries.

And by the way Pichu_Bro delete one of your posts

Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like your explanation for ubers and legendaries, but I consider all to be legendaries, some legendaries stronger than others. Especially the legendaries that comes in trio's, they really have lower stats compared to other legendaries.

Thats fine, but for the sake of organization, it would do better to make it clear that facing a team of Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Wobboffet, Mewtwo and Deoxys-FR is VERY different than Moltres, Suicune, Regice, Regirock, Zapdos, and Celebi. Hence ubers different than legendaries.

Consider them as you please but this thread is mainly complaining about Ubers in combat rather than the Legends.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DeathEmpr wrote:

Thats fine, but for the sake of organization, it would do better to make it clear that facing a team of Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Wobboffet, Mewtwo and Deoxys-FR is VERY different than Moltres, Suicune, Regice, Regirock, Zapdos, and Celebi. Hence ubers different than legendaries.

Consider them as you please but this thread is mainly complaining about Ubers in combat rather than the Legends.

I'm talking about the Ubers.
and Ubers are legendaries (not all of them) they just have way higher stats, and less weaknesses sometimes, but they're still legendaries.

but I wouldn't always call FR Deoxys Uber, it can be killed pretty easily if you use your head.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I faced a lvl 100 Rayuaza that my mate had EV trained in speed. Basically, I couldn't move. My decent team of Blastoise, Arcanine, Vileplume, Umbreon, Gardevoir and Salamence was wiped out in one attack by it. I told him 'don't use rayquaza and we'll see who is better.'

He relies on his Rayquaza. It is really quite sad because people think that because they have a legandary, they think they are l33t. It is not true. People believe that they are l33t with a legendary because it comes at a higher level, better attack, better stats and such.

One thing about pokemon, you get back what you put in, it is more enjoyable if I was to raise a Eevee from level 5 to a level 100. If I got a Legendary that was level 70, that's more than half of the fun taken away.

Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

the latis are Uber, but I use them for a reason; they're 2 of my favourite pokemon. I hate Uber pokemon, people abuse them because they are power hungry lunatics who think "I must win or my reputation will be screwed"; which is stupid, it's just a game, not a battle for life where when you lose you shall be vanquished from the universe and transported into an evil dimension where you get tortured and have to watch the boring news everyday for 8 and a half hours. :shock:

well, the fact is we all hate Ubers (except the power hungry lunatic who thinks if he loses he'll be transported into an evil dimension where he'll get tortured and have to watch the boring news for 8 and a half hours everyday... :shock: )

Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't know about the rest of you, but I avoid using legendaries, i just don't like them cuz they are CHEAP(though using one is okay). I especially hate legendaries that are only available via a Nintendo Event, cuz it's unfair for one person to have a legendary when his/her friend can't due to where they live(i live in Sri Lanka, so i know what it's like)

Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:51 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

1) You can't hatch them so in fact they're slightly weaker than a homegrown ( :P ) Pokemon in the long run.

2) They're too readily available. You don't have to work for them.

I don't mind people who use them, I just think that they're unimaginative. I try to get a different team for each game I play.

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The only Legendary I use is Mew, because it looks cool. I like others like Lugia and Suicune but I don't use them. I remember the first time I played crystal, I defeated the entire game with nothing but lv. 100 Mewtwo. That really sucked. Stupid me.

-=LV=-

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:22 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Tobey has already provided the proper terms for "legendary" Pokemon. These rankings are not something he's pulled out of his ass to distinguish between "stronger Legendaries" and "weaker Legendaries"; they're commonly accepted Tiers for the Pokemon by respected battling sites like Smogon. Basically, the Pokemon given away at Nintendo events are commonly seen as Ubers, while the Legendary trios are seen as OU/BL Pokemon and are referred to as such.

Ubers are considered to be Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, any Deoxys, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Latios/Latias, (especially while holding Soul Dew,) Mew, Wobbuffett and Wynaut. For most of these, their overall statistics are unrivaled by other Pokemon, and they learn incredible (and sometimes exclusive) moves like Recover, Aeroblast, and Sacred Fire. It doesn't matter how bad a variation of Deoxys' defenses are; with incredible speed and broken attack stats, it can still sweep entire teams. Mew is less broken in terms of statistics, but, unlike Celebi and Jirachi, it has an unmatched movepool that has led to its "Uber" status. Wobbuffet and Wynaut are banned because they force many draws due to their high HP, Counter/Mirror Coat moves, and Shadow Tag ability.

Despite being called "Legendaries," in the game lore, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Celebi, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, and Jirachi are not banned in competitive play. They tend to have statistics and movepools that are comparable to other OU-acceptable Pokemon, and some of these Pokemon have horrible 4x weaknesses and bad movepools. Moltres, Articuno and Entei have never been particularly feared as far as Legends go, and Moltres is only starting to see use as an OU Pokemon because of the exclusive moves it gets from Pokemon XD. Entei and Articuno are only considered "Borderline," tier by Smogon, which is third as far as competitive battles go.

So please... do clarify the terms.

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4