It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 GUESS THE ORIGIN NAME!! 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

mr. mmj got Feebas; I'd like to add that Feebas, apart from being the combination of feeble and bass, like mmj said, is also meant to sound similar to "sea bass".

Milotic will require further analysis, I'll edit this when I come across a conclusion.

Finally, a theory. I was almost going to check this one out somewhere, but I couldn't: first, I have my pride (a big one, for that matter) and second, Milotic is one of my favourite Pokemon, I had to figure it out on my own.

My theory is: Milotic has something to do with "melodic", probably. "Milot" is the hard part. There's no such thing as "milot", not that I know of... But there is a thing called Milo. Venus de Milo, the statue of Aphrodite/Venus that represents beauty. Milotic is said to be the most beautiful of all Pokemon, so I guess it's kinda fitting...

So I guess that could be it... a mix of "melodic" and "Milo"... loooong shot :P besides, I'm not sure the creators of these names would use an artistic/historical reference in Pokemon (a children's anime), but oh well.

Milotic = Milo + melodic.

EDIT'ed

yes as you said it feebas is right by m.m.j. so he gets the two points and you get the other three for the venus de milo, which is the statue that is often called "ze beautyness" and is based on venus...and yes melodic...

SCORE:

blackwind - 8.8
gard1313 - 3.7
s_s - 2.5
mr.m.m.j - 2

next is yanma!!

3 day limit!!

3 points!!

Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well I'm completely clueless about this one, except... there was a digimon called Yanmamon and it was similar to Yanma in the way that it physically resembles a huge dragonfly...

So my guess is Yanma is a kind of dragonfly (a big one, for that matter) in Japanese. Also, its japanese name is Yanyanma, so it's basically an abreviation of the original name, with no meaning in english.

I have no idea.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2